PC games have surpassed console games globally

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

Consoles are becoming more irrelevant everyday the evidence is everywhere and anyone that cant see it is blind.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

The PC has much more games, including almost endless of advantages over consoles.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that more people are switching to PC these days.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Enjoy your victory Hermits.

Beautiful.

This picture sums it all up.

/thread

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Wonderful one guy said.....with caveats. Meh....

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Beautiful.

/thread

PlayStation for the win! Enjoy your victory, cows.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Sushiglutton said:

So in other words console were ahead before.

I'm pretty sure 100% of people on this forum knew that...

You obviously haven't met the hermits ;)

pc gamers used to claim that pc is bigger than any other single console. now pc is bigger than all consoles combined there is no competition anymore as this is the last console generation.

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#57 Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

With game alphas costing around 200 pounds, I am not surprised.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

This really isn't going to go well. Predicting a few overly excited herms, a few extremely butthurt cows, one or two lems wanting to be in the discussion, and then suppaman100 will come in, mention GOTY, and we'll all argue about that for 3 pages..

sounds about right, the poor guy is desperate for a win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

basic logic would state that. Atleast as it is right now.

PC gaming IS growing yeh, most Places Ive been to prefer PC over consoles, yet the "overtaking" is indeed likely due to the new console generation.

I mean, how many games have people here bought for thier new PS4, X1 or Wii U yet?

I have 2 bought games for my PS4, 5 for my Wii U. That is very few games to buy within any given timeframe. So there simply ain't enough games yet for the new gen of consoles.

So It will be more even soon, maybe a small console overtake for a few years.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

"according to some analysts" - that's pretty much when I ignore the rest of the article.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Consoles have become luxury rather than gaming necessity. Most people buy them only for their exclusives. People, in the real world, can see the difference between sixty-dollars games and 5-dollar offers on steam, origin, uplay and other retailers. Console gaming have never been cheep, but now people became more PC aware. If you live outside of USA then you would probably:

A) never get a PS4 for the advetised official price of 400$. 600$ in most of the world.

B) never get PS4 physical game copies for 60 dollars. 90$ in most of the world.

Meanwhile you can actually build a decent gaming PC for 800$ in most of the world and buy games from Steam and other retailers sales for 5 bucks.

Here´s where the fundamental differences lies between console and PC gaming: the real worlds where most people play MMOs and free-to-play VS SW´s fantasy land where most people play Uncharted 2 and TLOU XD

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Cyberdot said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Beautiful.

/thread

PlayStation for the win! Enjoy your victory, cows.

HAHAHAHA . Genius .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cloud_imperium
@Maddie_Larkin said:

basic logic would state that. Atleast as it is right now.

PC gaming IS growing yeh, most Places Ive been to prefer PC over consoles, yet the "overtaking" is indeed likely due to the new console generation.

I mean, how many games have people here bought for thier new PS4, X1 or Wii U yet?

I have 2 bought games for my PS4, 5 for my Wii U. That is very few games to buy within any given timeframe. So there simply ain't enough games yet for the new gen of consoles.

So It will be more even soon, maybe a small console overtake for a few years.

The data which is collected here belongs to year 2013 (This year is not even ended , so I don't know what were you thinking when you mentioned PS4 and X1) . Which means it contains revenue brought by PS3 , Xbox 360 and Wii U (may be PS4 and Xbox One too in Q4 2013 . 5 platforms against one) . Don't forget that GTA V didn't come to PC last year and it was only released on consoles and made more than one Billion dollars in few hours . Even that couldn't help consoles to fall behind in terms of revenue .

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Sushiglutton said:

yes 360,ps3 combined was beating pc. 2 platforms vs 1, congrats on your victory corporate slave

So now PC is one platform? lol think about that for a second. herms

There are many more PC platforms and configurations than consoles.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

overrated and won't last for long

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@kinectthedots said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Sushiglutton said:

yes 360,ps3 combined was beating pc. 2 platforms vs 1, congrats on your victory corporate slave

That makes no sense and don't know how it is related to total revenue brought by PC gaming .

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

PC will dominate the industry in a couple of years.

When that happens, people will realize how dumb they were by bending over to publishers for incomplete and overpriced $60 games, for which you have to pay $30 or more to have the whole package.

Couldn't agree more with "consoles have become the luxury item", systems that don't offer anything more than a couple exclusives a year and on top of that, they restrict (paywalls) features already available and do not offer backwards compatibility.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Is anyone really surprised that hardware and software sales have spiked for PC's? I'd say it started when the shitty hardware specs for the Xbox One and PS4 were revealed. It' doesn't take much more money to build a PC that is more powerful and can give you 1080p gaming on high settings. Digital Foundry proved this with their BF4 tests.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

so has anyone posted proof that most of these slaes are from facebook games or are console gamers lying as usual?

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@mr-powers said:

If you look at the rest of the neogaf thread you ripped this from, you would have seen that this is misleading and pretty much false.This is from last year before new consoles launched

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/x360-aaron-greenberg-industry-growth

The analyst is including facebook farm crap and chess and checkers or whatever people play in the web browser. And, there's a lot of shitty f2p and foreign games that earn a lot of revenue in Asia because they can't get consoles over there. They barely started lifting restrictions on consoles in China like last year.

I don't think pc gaming is dying, it's just changing because the average pc gamer is not playing the same games as the average one from 10 years ago because of growing foreign markets and traditional pc gamers aging out of the market and moving on to other hobbies. The market will continue reflect that.

Bullshit. Your link is 1 year old, the OP's is 1 day old. GTFO here with your yearly sports rehashes, nintendo casual garbage, and movie-games that are not even games. We count those, yet we can't count MMO and F2P which score AAA? **** off.

Consolites, spreading lies and misinformation.

Sounds like a ton of butthurt and jelly. Would expect nothing less from the Peasant Class, Master Beggar Race. The chart uses multiple respected sources rather than one analyst no one has heeard of. I said it is a year old, so doesn't include the record-breaking/ history making next gen console releases.

You didn't even bother debating the content of the article, your argument consists of "bullshit, movie games loli." Unfortunately, we've come to expect this level of discourse from hermies. AAA f2p games like what, crossfire, dungeon fighter? These craptastic titles make hundreds of millions and either have no reviews from credible sites, or barely a handful. Brag about how successful those shitty titles are all you want, Hermies are still living off the glory of GOTY titles from two generations ago lmao!!!!

Read and weep, beggars, I use your tears for lube:

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@mr-powers said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr-powers said:

If you look at the rest of the neogaf thread you ripped this from, you would have seen that this is misleading and pretty much false.This is from last year before new consoles launched

The analyst is including facebook farm crap and chess and checkers or whatever people play in the web browser. And, there's a lot of shitty f2p and foreign games that earn a lot of revenue in Asia because they can't get consoles over there. They barely started lifting restrictions on consoles in China like last year.

I don't think pc gaming is dying, it's just changing because the average pc gamer is not playing the same games as the average one from 10 years ago because of growing foreign markets and traditional pc gamers aging out of the market and moving on to other hobbies. The market will continue reflect that.

Bullshit. Your link is 1 year old, the OP's is 1 day old. GTFO here with your yearly sports rehashes, nintendo casual garbage, and movie-games that are not even games. We count those, yet we can't count MMO and F2P which score AAA? **** off.

Sounds like a ton of butthurt and jelly. Would expect nothing less from the Peasant Class, Master Beggar Race. The chart uses multiple respected sources rather than one analyst no one has heeard of. I said it is a year old, so doesn't include the record-breaking/ history making next gen console releases.

You didn't even bother debating the content of the article, your argument consists of "bullshit, movie games loli." Unfortunately, we've come to expect this level of discourse from hermies. AAA f2p games like what, crossfire, dungeon fighter? These craptastic titles make hundreds of millions and either have no reviews from credible sites, or barely a handful. Brag about how successful those shitty titles are all you want, Hermies are still living off the glory of GOTY titles from two generations ago lmao!!!!

Well what you wrote was completely opinionated, ignorant and was amassed from a lack of knowledge. So I'll ignore it.

Let's look at your chart then.

1) Made by Microsoft during a presentation regarding the Xbox. So yup. No bias or bending of facts there at all. Especially considering MS's shady history with lying. See DX12 and the Cloud is 36 Xbox 360s...

2) Look at the way it's laid out. It's a pretty diagram for the casual masses. No explanation of how the numbers were derived, just a bunch of institution names at the bottom. You assume it uses sources, which speaks volumes about your intellectual ability.. Do you know how the premise of sources work? Because this is a crime against referencing. Just putting some names at the bottom is like me saying. PC pwnz consolez - taken from NDP, Microsoft, GfK, IDP

3) This is the best part. I did a quick image search and this is from 2012. LOL. Never go into journalism or scientific research please.

So in summary, I would expect no less for a console fanboy who most likely has no experience on PC.

You should be crying now, and like you said, I would use your tears for lube, however, you are most likely not going to understand my points and simply retort with a purple Kool Aid ridden argument of "2 gens ago" "PC beggar race" and "hehehe GOTY".

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Mr-Powers

@Jankarcop said:

so has anyone posted proof that most of these slaes are from facebook games or are console gamers lying as usual?

PC and Mobile in same league= confirmed. Get on our level sometime, maybe Gabby or Gaben or whatever you guys call that Chris Christie with-a-mullet looking guy you pray to, can start making some GOTY quality exclusives for ya like it's 2004 again. He'll probably put it on consoles as well though, since that's where it's at.

Maybe Zuckerberg can put one out for you guy on Oculus. I know... "Jack Nicholson Front Row at a Laker's game Simulator 2014" Facebook overlay included free of charge. Ahahahahaha

How many of your big devs running to sony and MS begging to have their games on console, crytek, metro devs, witcher devs, blizzard. I could go on and on and on, but I don't want you to have a heart attack from so much jelly in your veins. Start learning Chinese and learn to love Facebook pal because that's where the PC market is headed.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jankarcop

@mr-powers said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC and Mobile in same league= confirmed. Get on our level sometime, maybe Gabby or Gaben or whatever you guys call that Chris Christie with-a-mullet looking guy you pray to, can start making some GOTY quality exclusives for ya like it's 2004 again. He'll probably put it on consoles as well though, since that's where it's at.

Maybe Zuckerberg can put one out for you guy on Oculus. I know... "Jack Nicholson Front Row at a Laker's game Simulator 2014" Facebook overlay included free of charge. Ahahahahaha

How many of your big devs running to sony and MS begging to have their games on console, crytek, metro devs, witcher devs, blizzard. I could go on and on and on, but I don't want you to have a heart attack from so much jelly in your veins. Start learning Chinese and learn to love Facebook pal because that's where the PC market is headed.

1. Is this why PC has more AAA-AA games at GS and MC than any console every gen both total and exclusive, not including any facebook titles (Which don't even get scored...)

2. Is that why PC has better version of multiplats of nearly all games?

3. Is that why PC dominates e-sports, has more sales (this thread), and has more concurrent users on Steam (NON facebook games on steam btw) than PSN and XBL combined?

You can't factually refute any of those data links, because they are true at the moment.... All you can do is lie about facebook games with no factual links.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jankarcop

@melonfarmerz said:

@mr-powers said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr-powers said:

Well what you wrote was completely opinionated, ignorant and was amassed from a lack of knowledge. So I'll ignore it.

1) Made by Microsoft during a presentation regarding the Xbox. So yup. No bias or bending of facts there at all. Especially considering MS's shady history with lying. See DX12 and the Cloud is 36 Xbox 360s...

2) Look at the way it's laid out. It's a pretty diagram for the casual masses. No explanation of how the numbers were derived, just a bunch of institution names at the bottom. You assume it uses sources, which speaks volumes about your intellectual ability.. Do you know how the premise of sources work? Because this is a crime against referencing. Just putting some names at the bottom is like me saying. PC pwnz consolez - taken from NDP, Microsoft, GfK, IDP

3) This is the best part. I did a quick image search and this is from 2012. LOL. Never go into journalism or scientific research please.

So in summary, I would expect no less for a console fanboy who most likely has no experience on PC.

You should be crying now, and like you said, I would use your tears for lube, however, you are most likely not going to understand my points and simply retort with a purple Kool Aid ridden argument of "2 gens ago" "PC beggar race" and "hehehe GOTY".

This. He's lying out of his teeth.

The OP's link has the credibility , not a 2012 microsoft chart.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

When LOL and DOTA2 are the reasons the market is bigger that's not a good thing. Basically free to play games that anyone can play on a 10 year old pc. The whole free to play thing is a scam and on some games its simply not a viable option. Regardless AAA big budget titles will continue to dominate on consoles.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 melonfarmerz

@AM-Gamer said:

When LOL and DOTA2 are the reasons the market is bigger that's not a good thing. Basically free to play games that anyone can play on a 10 year old pc. The whole free to play thing is a scam and on some games its simply not a viable option. Regardless AAA big budget titles will continue to dominate on consoles.

So you're telling me DOTA2 is a scam? You have obviously never tried it in your life. When COD and FIFA, the same garbage on a year to year basis is carrying consoles, THAT'S not a good thing.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@melonfarmerz: I never said Dota 2 was a scam but the business model it uses is being put on games that have no business using it. LOL on the other hand is a joke. $20 dollars for a skin? Really? And pc gamers are stupid enough to buy it. I realize there's great profit opportunities in F2P but for the most part its horrible. I have alyways hated that COD , FIFA and Madden can sell so much every year. But the Fact is it wasn't for consoles games like GTA, Dark souls series Batman Arkham series, AC , Watchdogs none of those games would exist without consoles as they simply wouldn't sell enough on the PC. So as much as you hate consoles just realize about every big budget AAA game wouldn't exist without consoles selling them.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@AM-Gamer said:

Dude you are in delusion if you think most of revenue from consoles come from exclusives (that barely sell over 2 million on PS3) . Most of revenue comes from on disc DLCs , MT , Season Passes , Subscription fee , Overpriced games , COD , FIFA , Madden and other casual 60$ garbage .

The fact is , PC gaming have surpassed console gaming (all consoles combined against one platform) . End of story .

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#81 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Dude you are in delusion if you think most of revenue from consoles come from exclusives (that barely sell over 2 million on PS3) . Most of revenue comes from on disc DLCs , MT , Season Passes , Subscription fee , Overpriced games , COD , FIFA , Madden and other casual 60$ garbage .

The fact is , PC gaming have surpassed console gaming (all consoles combined against one platform) . End of story .^

^This

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i would like to see how many of those games are played. Because many pc gamers just buy stuff on steam sales and never play them

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mr-Powers

@melonfarmerz said:

@mr-powers said:

@Jankarcop said:

@mr-powers said:

1) MS has no reason to lie about and put down PC, actually, they are highly invested in PC's success. Multiple sources at bottom of chart, vs one unknown analyst that OP has. Selfown.

2) It's laid out and pretty and easy to understand, gee, the exact reason charts were invented LMFAO. Really showing off that intellect, or lack thereof. Now we're getting into sources Trutherism ahahahaha. You are grasping so badly, it's sad bro. Now we're in the Twilight Zone, where multiple known sources are less credible than one unknown analyst.

3) Just as I said, this chart doesn't include the record breaking/ history making next gen console releases. Ouch.

So in summary, tons of butthurt and jelly over console domination, and multiple orgasms on my end from all this lube you've supplied. Go beg for a gta5 port hermie.

PS. poor attempt at preemtive strike at the end because you know your argument is weak. More tears

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Sushiglutton said:

Your username is so damn ironic. If you weren't such a tard I would pity you.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By melonfarmerz

@mr-powers: The subjective use of the words 'butthurt' 'jelly', and a fucking reaction gif at the end lead me to believe you're a child. That and the fact that you have some terrible arguments makes it not worth replying.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Cloud_imperium

@melonfarmerz said:

@mr-powers: The subjective use of the words 'butthurt' 'jelly', and a fucking reaction gif at the end lead me to believe you're a child. That and the fact that you have some terrible arguments makes it not worth replying.

s45gr32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 s45gr32
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

As a current PC gamer I say console gaming is evolving from a physical product to a digital product. What I mean is both Sony and Microsoft will do trial and error with Playstation Now and Xbox Azure Cloud Service using Onlive and Gakai (now Playstation Now for it was bought by Sony for $300.00 million) as a base as to what works in the cloud and what doesn't work. So, five to ten years from now console gamers will just turn on their tv login onto xbox live, PSN, or Nintendo Digital service pick up the latest gamepad or cellphone and enjoy their gaming; no more hardware box requirement. The digital infrastructure has already being established console gamers must log in to their PSN/Xbox/Nintendo account to have complete access to their system, their digital stores are already in place and pretty soon gamers will be buying their xbox one or PS4 games through the Playstation store and Xbox Live Marketplace. DLC, patches/updates are not going anywhere and pretty soon by investing on more physical or virtual services console gamers are going to give in to an all digital virtual console. That's were console gaming is heading think about it offline multiplayer is pretty much non-existent, manuals have been replaced by in-game tutorials, department stores sell consoles online like walmart.com , amazon.com, gamestop.com. ...... Its this radical change that will divide console gamers and by the time is hyped up to no end like always console gamers are going to give in like Playstation gamers gave in to paying to play online despite being immoral, their so called principle, etc............

s45gr32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 s45gr32
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

@happyduds77: I concur is time for kickstarter to shine