PC dominated by older titles?

#51 Edited by pyro1245 (1075 posts) -

Hahah. well yeah because all of the titles ever released still run on modern computers. makes sense.

Also top 20 lmao. I don't want to play games because they're popular. I play games because they interest me. There's very little overlap there anyway as the popular games are usually the ones where the marketing percentage of the budget is greater than the development part.

Plus the fact that half of the titles being released on consoles are just re-releases of older games or derivative sequels I'd say you just stuck your foot pretty far into your mouth.

This thread is pretty uninspired. Have fun with your top 20 rehashes.

#52 Edited by naz99 (1830 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'd recommend you to eat a snickers, you sound way too upset over videogames

I am not the one crying that no one should pick on my preferred platform and act like something is wrong because someone did in, wait for it....SYSTEM WARS.

You should take the snickers for yourself. It seems hermits have gotten a little to complacent in their egos and forgot the forum they have chosen to take part in.

Just a reality check guys. Stop QQing because someone said something bad about your precious PC and actually debate the topic like every other group does and stop playing the victim role.

It is actually more that you fail to comprehend the English language and what was actually said than what your brain decided was said.

And the last sentence is rich coming from you seeing as it is usually the Manticores and hermits that actually debate rather than resorting to the Derp of stereotypes and "these whole genres of games don't count just because arguments" that the console fanboys always fall back on.

#53 Posted by Roler42 (859 posts) -

@kinectthedots: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either underage or you suffer from severe anger management issues :) i'd recommend you get some fresh air aswell, it's not like PC gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the kinect you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, shieldy and many others take this crap personal, lol

#54 Edited by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'd recommend you to eat a snickers, you sound way too upset over videogames

I am not the one crying that no one should pick on my preferred platform and act like something is wrong because someone did in, wait for it....SYSTEM WARS.

You should take the snickers for yourself. It seems hermits have gotten a little to complacent in their egos and forgot the forum they have chosen to take part in.

Just a reality check guys. Stop QQing because someone said something bad about your precious PC and actually debate the topic like every other group does and stop playing the victim role.

he never said no one should pick on PC. He just said that the threads have been of shitty quality

lol, I know me and you fight it out from time to time, but I want to pose a serious question to you that I want you to think about and answer, you ready?

Here is my question:

What fanboy threads here made in SYSTEM WARS to bash rival platforms aren't of shitty quality???????????????????

lol even if you give me a troll reply, I know that you will grasp the significance of that question and all that it means.

All GROUPS DEAL WITH THE SAME QUALITY OF SHITTY THEADS IN SW

#55 Edited by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either underage or you suffer from severe anger management issues :) i'd recommend you get some fresh air aswell, it's not like PC gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the kinect you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, shieldy and many others take this crap personal, lol

Almost like they need to make a note on the System War survival guide about this...

#56 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (17578 posts) -

Just remember that this is strictly Steam. I spend more time with Uplay and Origin than Steam. I also keep all three in Offline Mode.

#57 Posted by naz99 (1830 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Just remember that this is strictly Steam. I spend more time with Uplay and Origin than Steam. I also keep all three in Offline Mode.

Like that matters, These guys are in Anti PC mode..facts do not even enter into it, just self appointed Ownage :P

#58 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58230 posts) -

I'm still waiting for Minesweeper 2 : Realm of the Misplaced Flags, but it never comes. Just remakes of the original.

#60 Posted by naz99 (1830 posts) -

@SolidSnake35 said:

I'm still waiting for Minesweeper 2 : Realm of the Misplaced Flags, but it never comes. Just remakes of the original.

No minesweeper 2 but can i interest you in "Minesweeper:Reloaded"

#61 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58230 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

I'm still waiting for Minesweeper 2 : Realm of the Misplaced Flags, but it never comes. Just remakes of the original.

No minesweeper 2 but can i interest you in "Minesweeper:Reloaded"

Does it have in-game cutscenes or just CGI?

#62 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (17578 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Just remember that this is strictly Steam. I spend more time with Uplay and Origin than Steam. I also keep all three in Offline Mode.

Like that matters, These guys are in Anti PC mode..facts do not even enter into it, just self appointed Ownage :P

Meh. What else is new? He He. We see it all the time. Yet, we still keep coming back for more. ;)

#63 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Just remember that this is strictly Steam. I spend more time with Uplay and Origin than Steam. I also keep all three in Offline Mode.

Like that matters, These guys are in Anti PC mode..facts do not even enter into it, just self appointed Ownage :P

Peasants are fact free just like Republicans

#64 Edited by naz99 (1830 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@naz99 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'd recommend you to eat a snickers, you sound way too upset over videogames

I am not the one crying that no one should pick on my preferred platform and act like something is wrong because someone did in, wait for it....SYSTEM WARS.

You should take the snickers for yourself. It seems hermits have gotten a little to complacent in their egos and forgot the forum they have chosen to take part in.

Just a reality check guys. Stop QQing because someone said something bad about your precious PC and actually debate the topic like every other group does and stop playing the victim role.

It is actually more that you fail to comprehend the English language and what was actually said than what your brain decided was said.

And the last sentence is rich coming from you seeing as it is usually the Manticores and hermits that actually debate rather than resorting to the Derp of stereotypesand "these whole genres of games don't count just because arguments" that the console fanboys always fall back on.

Yes continue talking idiot.

Who died and made you someone special? You are just another fanboy idiot like all the other clowns on here. Stop acting as if you are more intelligent than me or know anything about me.

The bold, that is you generalizing right there moron, you've just proven yourself to be no better than any other fangirl, take a bow jackass.

Also, you didn't describe me nor my arguments since I have never said x genre doesn't count. But here I see you "stereotyping" in the same paragraph you are trying to play the innocent objective gamer roll. Back under your bridge troll

Please tell me how i am a fanboy?

Every single one of my posts does not contain one single tiny bit of me putting down consoles or lying about them i only bitch about idiots like you and correct people when they say something utterly stupid about the platform i know inside and out for the past 21 years...a fanboy is blind to facts and puts the other side down to make his look better which is something i do not and have yet to do but nice try there MacGuyver

And i am not sterotyping i am stating what i see and what i have seen for the past few years on these forums the sole reason i come here is because of the entertainment value from some of these moronic fanboys,the proof is right here in this thread.

Also i was not just singling out you stop being so butthurt,still saying that, you are one of the last people on here that have the right to cry troll and fanboy you f***ing Muppet :D

But carry on if that's what gets you off :)

#65 Posted by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either underage or you suffer from severe anger management issues :) i'd recommend you get some fresh air aswell, it's not like PC gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the kinect you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, shieldy and many others take this crap personal, lol

Honestly don't know what the hell you are talking about.

That is another problem with some of you sensitive PC clowns on here. System Wars is a debate forum. You guys aren't used to anyone confronting or challenging your stances/opinions anymore so when someone says something you guys freak out and jump to outlandish conclusions like you have here.

Your idiotic passive-aggressive post to personally attack and denim my character only goes to prove my original tongue-in-cheek jab at PC gamers here on system wars correct.

Let me respond in kind..

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either an over-age live at home virgin or you suffer from severe self esteem issues :) i'd recommend you get a woman aswell, it's not like console gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the motherboard you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, Mbird88 and many others take this crap personal, lol

#66 Edited by naz99 (1830 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either underage or you suffer from severe anger management issues :) i'd recommend you get some fresh air aswell, it's not like PC gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the kinect you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, shieldy and many others take this crap personal, lol

Honestly don't know what the hell you are talking about.

That is another problem with some of you sensitive PC clowns on here. System Wars is a debate forum. You guys aren't used to anyone confronting or challenging your stances/opinions anymore so when someone says something you guys freak out and jump to outlandish conclusions like you have here.

Your idiotic passive-aggressive post to personally attack and denim my character only goes to prove my original tongue-in-cheek jab at PC gamers here on system wars correct.

Let me respond in kind..

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either an over-age live at home virgin or you suffer from severe self esteem issues :) i'd recommend you get a woman aswell, it's not like console gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the motherboard you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, Mbird88 and many others take this crap personal, lol

Boom Goes The Dynamite *facepalm*

#67 Edited by Roler42 (859 posts) -

@kinectthedots: I rest my case, lol and my point about you suffering anger management issues stands :)

#68 Edited by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@sam890 said:

@naz99 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Just remember that this is strictly Steam. I spend more time with Uplay and Origin than Steam. I also keep all three in Offline Mode.

Like that matters, These guys are in Anti PC mode..facts do not even enter into it, just self appointed Ownage :P

Peasants are fact free just like Republicans

#69 Posted by wis3boi (32011 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@sam890: I'm disappointed at the anti-PC threads that have been popping up recently all of them are horrible.

But all the anti Console threads are fine right?

no, all those $400 PC threads are a load of shit

at least they are plausible...this one is just wrong

#70 Edited by MBirdy88 (9048 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either underage or you suffer from severe anger management issues :) i'd recommend you get some fresh air aswell, it's not like PC gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the kinect you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, shieldy and many others take this crap personal, lol

Honestly don't know what the hell you are talking about.

That is another problem with some of you sensitive PC clowns on here. System Wars is a debate forum. You guys aren't used to anyone confronting or challenging your stances/opinions anymore so when someone says something you guys freak out and jump to outlandish conclusions like you have here.

Your idiotic passive-aggressive post to personally attack and denim my character only goes to prove my original tongue-in-cheek jab at PC gamers here on system wars correct.

Let me respond in kind..

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either an over-age live at home virgin or you suffer from severe self esteem issues :) i'd recommend you get a woman aswell, it's not like console gamers are out to kill you, heck, go play with the motherboard you love so much, but chill out

I love coming here to argue but geez, you, Mbird88 and many others take this crap personal, lol

Its funny, given that you are the one coming off as aggressive most of the time. including these posts now.

You can't even finish a proper debate, or understand any arguments, I had an impossible time explaining to you how jaggies work and how to fix them on PC ... and yet you bailed in silence. but yea, you cherry picked a jaggy Star citizen screenshot, when off on one of your rants, got owned, never returned.

Keep pretending we are all on the same level here.... bottom line is you, angry and your little club are some of weakest anti-pc trolls to grace this forum... it hasn't been a challenge in years.

Still waiting for those jaggy pc games.

#71 Edited by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@naz99 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I'd recommend you to eat a snickers, you sound way too upset over videogames

I am not the one crying that no one should pick on my preferred platform and act like something is wrong because someone did in, wait for it....SYSTEM WARS.

You should take the snickers for yourself. It seems hermits have gotten a little to complacent in their egos and forgot the forum they have chosen to take part in.

Just a reality check guys. Stop QQing because someone said something bad about your precious PC and actually debate the topic like every other group does and stop playing the victim role.

It is actually more that you fail to comprehend the English language and what was actually said than what your brain decided was said.

And the last sentence is rich coming from you seeing as it is usually the Manticores and hermits that actually debate rather than resorting to the Derp of stereotypesand "these whole genres of games don't count just because arguments" that the console fanboys always fall back on.

Yes continue talking idiot.

Who died and made you someone special? You are just another fanboy idiot like all the other clowns on here. Stop acting as if you are more intelligent than me or know anything about me.

The bold, that is you generalizing right there moron, you've just proven yourself to be no better than any other fangirl, take a bow jackass.

Also, you didn't describe me nor my arguments since I have never said x genre doesn't count. But here I see you "stereotyping" in the same paragraph you are trying to play the innocent objective gamer roll. Back under your bridge troll

Please tell me how i am a fanboy?

Every single one of my posts does not contain one single tiny bit of me putting down consoles or lying about them i only bitch about idiots like you and correct people when they say something utterly stupid about the platform i know inside and out for the past 21 years...a fanboy is blind to facts and puts the other side down to make his look better which is something i do not and have yet to do but nice try there MacGuyver

And i am not sterotyping i am stating what i see and what i have seen for the past few years on these forums the sole reason i come here is because of the entertainment value from some of these moronic fanboys,the proof is right here in this thread.

Lol you are one of the last people on here to cry troll and fanbvoy you f***ing Muppet :D

here jackass

resorting to the Derp of stereotypesand "these whole genres of games don't count just because arguments" that the console fanboys always fall back on.

You words..is you generalizing "console fanboys" as if everyone who is a console gamer is the same yet right about talking about yourself not resorting to "stereotypes"..why yes...YES IT IS! Class act, LMAO clown.

This post shows you are a lying hypocrite and an idiot for not thinking I could spot it. You can't even post in this thread without contradicting yourself. Clearly you are a bad judge of self-character as I have so elegantly illustrated. With that, there is no way you can be a good judge of anyone else.

Stop fist pumping like you are winning any awards here clown, you are just another dumb hypocritical fanboy hiding behind a platform somehow thinking it makes his arguments better.

#72 Posted by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@kinectthedots: I rest my case, lol and my point about you suffering anger management issues stands :)

I responded the same way your addressed me. Something you may not understand, give respect and your will get it. There is no anger but if you feel some kind of way because of how I responded then that was the same feeling I got from your original post...shrug

#73 Edited by commonfate (12853 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

It looks like free-to-play is the future of gaming, by the look of things.

As long as it sticks to certain genres we'll be fi... oh yeah, Deep Down (hope it flops).

#75 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1629 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Stop fist pumping like you are winning any awards here clown, you are just another dumb hypocritical fanboy hiding behind a platform somehow thinking it makes his arguments better.

Atleast he has arguements. You guys just circle jerk with lies.

#76 Posted by KittenNose (678 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

"Right now, I can tell you that about 37 percent of the roughly 781 million games registered to various Steam accounts haven’t even been loaded a single time."

that really stuck out to me in that article because it totally falls in line with with what I keep seeing over and over again in Steam accounts.

Calling PC gamers gamers is almost an inaccurate description. They're more like collectors than gamers... Or even digital hoarders

So let me get this straight. PC games are so inexpensive, offer up so many bundles, and there are so many options to choose from, that PC gamers are swimming in more games then they can play.

And you see this as a negative?

#77 Edited by thehig1 (3338 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Isn't TLOU a "old game" that's coming to the Ps4 this month?

You, ps4hasnogames, and amazon angry should team up to make a anti-PC thread.

you can forget damien and cranler either. All though to be fair to cranler he puts his points across much better than the others

#78 Edited by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

Isn't TLOU a "old game" that's coming to the Ps4 this month?

You, ps4hasnogames, and amazon angry should team up to make a anti-PC thread.

you can forget damien and cranler either. All though to be fair to cranler he puts his points across much better than the others

Cranler is fine, he atleast uses sources though they can be flawed... but something is better than nothing. I left out the worst ones as Damien and some 1337 people because, they wouldn't be able to make a decent thread even if they had others assisting them.

#79 Posted by wolverine4262 (20152 posts) -

How is this news? Logically, there are significantly more "older" games, and more owners of those games.

#80 Posted by uninspiredcup (12869 posts) -

New games are movie games and thus, not games. It makes logical sense mature hardcore gamers from the 90's would have very little interested in Nathan Drakes Tomb Raider adventures.

#81 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

New games are movie games and thus, not games. It makes logical sense mature hardcore gamers from the 90's would have very little interested in Nathan Drakes Tomb Raider adventures.

What makes Uncharted a movie game?

#82 Posted by uninspiredcup (12869 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

New games are movie games and thus, not games. It makes logical sense mature hardcore gamers from the 90's would have very little interested in Nathan Drakes Tomb Raider adventures.

What makes Uncharted a movie game?

my friend the pc peoples are interested in gameplay mechanics. they saved the industry.

#83 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

New games are movie games and thus, not games. It makes logical sense mature hardcore gamers from the 90's would have very little interested in Nathan Drakes Tomb Raider adventures.

What makes Uncharted a movie game?

my friend the pc peoples are interested in gameplay mechanics. they saved the industry.

You didn't answer the question.

Drake doesn't play with cinderblocks like Gordon Freeman he mantles ledges like a true game hero. Drake doesn't fight against cannon fodder like Gordon he fights against ai that flanks, takes cover, flushes and retreats.

Naughty Dog focuses on combat while valve focuses on friendly npc facial animations.

#84 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i thought they were movie games if you played them from a projector?

#85 Edited by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

New games are movie games and thus, not games. It makes logical sense mature hardcore gamers from the 90's would have very little interested in Nathan Drakes Tomb Raider adventures.

What makes Uncharted a movie game?

my friend the pc peoples are interested in gameplay mechanics. they saved the industry.

You didn't answer the question.

Drake doesn't play with cinderblocks like Gordon Freeman he mantles ledges like a true game hero. Drake doesn't fight against cannon fodder like Gordon he fights against ai that flanks, takes cover, flushes and retreats.

Naughty Dog focuses on combat while valve focuses on friendly npc facial animations.

Naughty Dog must be doing it wrong then. Since HL won Game of the Decade. (Comparing a game from 2004 to something from 2011. You can do better then that.)

#86 Posted by Roler42 (859 posts) -

@Cranler: Yeah... That... AI...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

And that combat... That needed a patch begrudgingly because Naughty Dog was 100% convinced their game was perfect

Loading Video...

#87 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

New games are movie games and thus, not games. It makes logical sense mature hardcore gamers from the 90's would have very little interested in Nathan Drakes Tomb Raider adventures.

What makes Uncharted a movie game?

my friend the pc peoples are interested in gameplay mechanics. they saved the industry.

You didn't answer the question.

Drake doesn't play with cinderblocks like Gordon Freeman he mantles ledges like a true game hero. Drake doesn't fight against cannon fodder like Gordon he fights against ai that flanks, takes cover, flushes and retreats.

Naughty Dog focuses on combat while valve focuses on friendly npc facial animations.

Naughty Dog must be doing it wrong then. Since HL won Game of the Decade. (Comparing a game from 2004 to something from 2011. You can do better then that.)

Uncharted came out in 2007 and it's gameplay runs circles around HL 2 Episode 2 which released the same month. Winning game of the decade on some random site doesn't make it's mediocre gunplay any better.

#88 Edited by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

New games are movie games and thus, not games. It makes logical sense mature hardcore gamers from the 90's would have very little interested in Nathan Drakes Tomb Raider adventures.

What makes Uncharted a movie game?

my friend the pc peoples are interested in gameplay mechanics. they saved the industry.

You didn't answer the question.

Drake doesn't play with cinderblocks like Gordon Freeman he mantles ledges like a true game hero. Drake doesn't fight against cannon fodder like Gordon he fights against ai that flanks, takes cover, flushes and retreats.

Naughty Dog focuses on combat while valve focuses on friendly npc facial animations.

Naughty Dog must be doing it wrong then. Since HL won Game of the Decade. (Comparing a game from 2004 to something from 2011. You can do better then that.)

Uncharted came out in 2007 and it's gameplay runs circles around HL 2 Episode 2 which released the same month. Winning game of the decade on some random site doesn't make it's mediocre gunplay any better.

Define "random."

#89 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1629 posts) -

@Cranler said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/half-life-2

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-2-among-thieves

Seems like a tie, but HL2 has higher user rating. Either way I do feel UC had less gameplay and more qte or button prompts. Thus why some refer to it as "movie-games".

Not sure how this is on topic though. PC games have insane life-spans which is why PC has so many played older titles. This is a severely underrated PRO for PC gaming. At the same time it releases TONS brand new of high scoring games each year.

#90 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@Cranler: Yeah... That... AI...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

And that combat... That needed a patch begrudgingly because Naughty Dog was 100% convinced their game was perfect

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Now check this impressive gameplay from Uncharted. The enemy running away for cover at 1:10 is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen ai do in a shooter.

Loading Video...

#91 Posted by Roler42 (859 posts) -

@Cranler: Really? I've seen that running for cover in about every third person shooter I have ever played in my gaming career

By the way... Did you seriously call the VGAs a "random website"?

#92 Posted by Minishdriveby (10480 posts) -

Games are games. I'm happy to use my laptop to revisit classics that I missed in the yesteryears. I don't understand what's laughable about this. An open platform like PC is a great way to archive and play older gems.

#93 Posted by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@Cranler: Really? I've seen that running for cover in about every third person shooter I have ever played in my gaming career

By the way... Did you seriously call the VGAs a "random website"?

Yes, yes he did.

#94 Posted by lawlessx (47198 posts) -

"The enemy running away for cover at 1:10 is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen ai do in a shooter."

are you serious? THAT was one of the most impressive A.I work you've seen in a video game? The animations were great yes,but i've seen NPCs running from you since Halo 1

#95 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/half-life-2

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-2-among-thieves

Seems like a tie, but HL2 has higher user rating. Either way I do feel UC had less gameplay and more qte or button prompts. Thus why some refer to it as "movie-games".

Not sure how this is on topic though. PC games have insane life-spans which is why PC has so many played older titles. This is a severely underrated PRO for PC gaming. At the same time it releases TONS brand new of high scoring games each year.

I've watched a lot of movies and never had any button prompts so I don't get the movie game moniker. Movie game was originally used to refer to games like Metal Gear Solid where more than half the game is cutscenes.

Uncharted doesn't have a lot of qte's and the ones it does have are there to make cutscenes interactive.

@roler42 said:

@Cranler: Really? I've seen that running for cover in about every third person shooter I have ever played in my gaming career

By the way... Did you seriously call the VGAs a "random website"?

Link a video showing that. Funny how you posted those Uncharted ai glitch vids but didn't post a HL 2 vid that shows off the ai because there isn't one. You can't deny that the gunplay in Uncharted is miles ahead of HL 2.

How does vga hold any more weight than any other site? HL is the best game of the 90's but for the 00's it's either Gothic or GTA 3 that deserved it most.

#96 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

"The enemy running away for cover at 1:10 is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen ai do in a shooter."

are you serious? THAT was one of the most impressive A.I work you've seen in a video game? The animations were great yes,but i've seen NPCs running from you since Halo 1

But they didn't run and take cover like that. Uncharted ai acts much more realistic than Halo

#97 Posted by Roler42 (859 posts) -

@Cranler: You... Really don't know what the VGAs are... Wow... I'm... legit speechless...

About UC... Keep in mind I showed those AI videos because they were relevant to how you were hailing it as the best AI, never said anything about HL2's AI being the best of the best

I have heard from some UC players that the shooting was at it's best during UC2 but it was horrible for UC3, that's when I mentioned the whole patch thing, but anyway... I want to ask you something, and it's a legit question becuase I really never played the UC games before:

Does it have any exciting or awesome sequence that is not scripted? I mean as in a gameplay section that involves nothing but you controling Drake through some awesome battle or something like that? not cutscene and no QTE, just pure gameplay

Say what you will about HL2 but it did leave a nice taste in my mouth, like all the strider fights (specially the one in HL2 and the one at the end of episode 2 and the antlion swarm during episode 2)

#98 Posted by lawlessx (47198 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lawlessx said:

"The enemy running away for cover at 1:10 is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen ai do in a shooter."

are you serious? THAT was one of the most impressive A.I work you've seen in a video game? The animations were great yes,but i've seen NPCs running from you since Halo 1

But they didn't run and take cover like that. Uncharted ai acts much more realistic than Halo

im not going to get into a argument of which game has the best A.I. I'm just saying i think what you are really impressed with is the animations used here. Enemy A.I moving from cover to cover or flanking has been done

#99 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@Cranler: You... Really don't know what the VGAs are... Wow... I'm... legit speechless...

About UC... Keep in mind I showed those AI videos because they were relevant to how you were hailing it as the best AI, never said anything about HL2's AI being the best of the best

I have heard from some UC players that the shooting was at it's best during UC2 but it was horrible for UC3, that's when I mentioned the whole patch thing, but anyway... I want to ask you something, and it's a legit question becuase I really never played the UC games before:

Does it have any exciting or awesome sequence that is not scripted? I mean as in a gameplay section that involves nothing but you controling Drake through some awesome battle or something like that? not cutscene and no QTE, just pure gameplay

Say what you will about HL2 but it did leave a nice taste in my mouth, like all the strider fights (specially the one in HL2 and the one at the end of episode 2 and the antlion swarm during episode 2)

You could find glitches with ai in any game.

Shooting is great in UC 3. The vid I linked proves that.

Again, did you not watch the UC 3 vid I linked? It's a fairly large open area where you can play stealthy or go guns blazing. it's got verticality as well.

#100 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@Cranler said:

@lawlessx said:

"The enemy running away for cover at 1:10 is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen ai do in a shooter."

are you serious? THAT was one of the most impressive A.I work you've seen in a video game? The animations were great yes,but i've seen NPCs running from you since Halo 1

But they didn't run and take cover like that. Uncharted ai acts much more realistic than Halo

im not going to get into a argument of which game has the best A.I. I'm just saying i think what you are really impressed with is the animations used here. Enemy A.I moving from cover to cover or flanking has been done

Gears is always considered to have the best tps gunplay but Uncharted's ai is better at flanking retreating and flushing. He wasn't in cover, he got surprised and ran to cover. Show me some vids with other games doing that.