PC CONSOLE graphical dispute has got to end.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

Wow some of you console fanboys are unbelievable. Killzone SF does NOT look better than Crysis 3. I have both games. It's not even close. Yes Killzone looks pretty in several areas, but a lot of its visual flare (that all of you have cherry-picked) come from good looking backdrops and cut-scenes. And the character models are terrible, I can't believe they consider them next-gen. Hell, Half Life 2's character models and lip-syncing were better in 2004. If you think otherwise, you're delusional or just plain wrong.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

I finished both Crysis 3 ultra and Metro 2034 ages ago and I don't find them in any where more impressive than KZ. First thing tho I do give the iq to PC games when you can have them 1080/60 assuming you have 780 sli. But those games still look last gen if you look at their assets, low poly characters, props, small draw distance, no Area lights for every light sources, less than stellar particles, average SSR etc. KZ truly does a lot of these things better and that's only a launch title, if you don't think so then just leave it, I'm not forcing you or anything. Name calling ain't gonna make you more right tho.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

@Evo_nine said:

@MikeMoose said:

PC Gaming: You play to brag about graphics

Console gaming: You play games to play games

Can we end this pointless debate now?

too bad teh ps4 has no gamezzz

Who said anything about the PS4?

http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

What were you saying about games?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#254 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Wow some of you console fanboys are unbelievable. Killzone SF does NOT look better than Crysis 3. I have both games. It's not even close. Yes Killzone looks pretty in several areas, but a lot of its visual flare (that all of you have cherry-picked) come from good looking backdrops and cut-scenes. And the character models are terrible, I can't believe they consider them next-gen. Hell, Half Life 2's character models and lip-syncing were better in 2004. If you think otherwise, you're delusional or just plain wrong.

Well said, Well said

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@gpuking said:

I finished both Crysis 3 ultra and Metro 2034 ages ago and I don't find them in any where more impressive than KZ. First thing tho I do give the iq to PC games when you can have them 1080/60 assuming you have 780 sli. But those games still look last gen if you look at their assets, low poly characters, props, small draw distance, no Area lights for every light sources, less than stellar particles, average SSR etc. KZ truly does a lot of these things better and that's only a launch title, if you don't think so then just leave it, I'm not forcing you or anything. Name calling ain't gonna make you more right tho.

pretty much. these clowns think half life 2 looks better than any ps4 game because you can play at a higher resolution with AA.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#256 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@gpuking said:

pretty much. these clowns think half life 2 looks better than any ps4 game because you can play at a higher resolution with AA.

pretty sure no one thinks that.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 m3dude1

exaggeration to get a point across, altho im sure some of the clowns here do actually believe that. ive seen several people on neogaf say that halflife 2 looks better than any ps360 game.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#258 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@gpuking said:

Maybe you're not realizing this but it's not because you put the setting on ultra and play at lower framerates with a mediocre system you going to get the same quality as you do it with a high end system.

Resolution and AA make huge differences, especially because these games are made with high resolution and AA settings in mind. I have a crt monitor (which i hardly use anymore because it weighs like 50 pounds) thats support very high resolutions 2500 x something , don't know by heart. Well I played oblivion on it and it looked like a different game.

As for the halflife 2 comment, it was maybe a bit over the top, but he's right when it comes to high resolutions and AA , it makes the games look a lot better.

I haven't played kz myself, but when i look at the screenshots of crysis 3 and kz i must say kz looks pretty good, but i still gotta give it to crysis 3 though and I'm kinda of a graphics whore so I'm honest about this.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 gpuking

I can perfectly accept people prefer Crysis 3 over KZ due to some of the things C3 does, but acting like KZ is not in the same league shows how retard some of you are.

Also, unless you have a 4k TV running all these PC games at res above 1080p, high AA and 60fps 24/7 then sure, I'll give you that. If you're playing them on a 24 or 27" PC monitor then don't even bother telling me how great PC graphics are. How many of you here own a 4k tv, 680 or 780 sli, dual gpu card, or even a single 780?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Yeah, the POWAH of teh OPTIMIZATIONZZZZZZZZZ that will turn a 900pStation into 100 teraflops monster. You heard it here first, folks. By the way, the last time I checked, I found that Ryse shits on Crapzone => Crysis 2 will always be benchmark for 900pStation games to measure against. Crysis 3 is leagues ahead of it. Have fun catching 2011 all life and justify your $400 by lieing to your self that it's cheap ass tablet CPU and GPU that barely matches a 570 from 2010 has any chance against PC. :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-next-gen-digital-foundry-pc

That is because you are a blind biased lemming who pretends to be a hermit,the fact that you call the PS4 the 900pstation says it all hater,fact is on 1080p the 7870 can't keep 60FPS so yeah you get now why the PS4 is 900P in BF4,hell they need a 760GTX to be able to keep those 60 FPS the 760GTX goes from $250 to $290 alone,you still need a damn $400 PC to put it in and that will not be a very good PC you may be bottle neck by the CPU.

That PC DF build was 500 pounds with OS and all,that is $800+ that is 2 PS4 right there..lol

But but middle ware..hahaha Owned like a butthurt fanboy that you are.

Now find me a $399 PC that can't even stand alone side the PS4...lol

Your texture generation graph doesn't show AMD Jaguar's 128bit hardware AVX vs Intel's Sandybridge 256bit hardware AVX difference i.e. it's a sloppy benchmark.

Cinebench shows a wider gap between Intel Sandybridge vs AMD Jaguar and the benchmark generates an image from ray-tracing methods.

---------------

You are forgetting PS4's BF4 is not rendering at 1920x1080p and the PC machine was tested with AMD FX-6300 not with Intel i3 4430 "Haswell".

Eurogamer did NOT factor in that Intel Haswell's CPU core has 4 integer units with dual threads which is more than a match against AMD's Piledriver Module with 4 integer units and dual threads. The main difference between Intel Haswell/Ivybridge/Sandybridge and AMD Piledriver is Haswell's ability to use the entire instruction issue rate for a single thread from a single CPU core, while AMD Piledriver Module's quad instruction issue rate is split between 2 threads i.e. 2 instruction issue per thread which is similar to AMD Jaguar CPU core's 2 instructions issue rate per thread.

Unlike AMD Jaguar, AMD Piledriver Module's cache is not limited to 128bit wide i.e. it's 256bit wide for Piledriver's single 256bit AVX single cycle throughput (combines it's two 128bit FMA units for a single 256bit AVX operation).

Intel Haswell CPU core has two 256bit FMA AVX capable units i.e. each AVX unit in Haswell is capable processing ADD and MUL instructions NOT just one type. Intel Haswell can process two 256bit AVX operations with no operation type limits i.e. it can process either ADD or MUL or Fused modes since it's FMA unit capable.

Intel Haswell dual cores has a total of four 256bit AVX/FMA units which is roughly similar four Piledriver modules' four 256bit AVX/FMA units.

From http://www.hardcoreware.net/intel-core-i3-4340-review/1/

AMD FX 6300 would not drive R9-280X to it's full potential i.e. more time spent less than 60 fps. PS; 16.7 ms = 60 fps.

Personally, I'll go Intel i3-4430 over FX 6300. AMD needs to update their desktop CPU lines with Streamrollers.

From http://www.hardcoreware.net/intel-core-i3-4340-review/1/

Intel Core i3 4340 Haswell's it's quad 256bit AVX units rivals quad 256bit AVX units from FX 8350.

Intel Core i3 4340 shows improved mufti-threading integer performance and almost rivals FX-6300.

Intel Haswell Core is a class above AMD Piledriver Module i.e. Intel can't wait forever.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 lostrib

@gpuking said:

I can perfectly accept people prefer Crysis 3 over KZ due to some of the things C3 does, but acting like KZ is not in the same league shows how r***** some of you are.

Also, unless you have a 4k TV running all these PC games at res above 1080p, high AA and 60fps 24/7 then sure, I'll give you that. If you're playing them on a 24 or 27" PC monitor then don't even bother telling me how great PC graphics are. How many of you here own a 4k tv, 680 or 780 sli, dual gpu card, or even a single 780?

What a joke.

Also you can't use that word, even though you used it incorrectly

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

I thoroughly enjoy my consoles, but my PC games have always had far better graphics. Even when consoles manage to close the gap a little, it's only for a very short time. PC games will look a full generation ahead of console games again this time next year, and probably even sooner...

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@gpuking said:

When did that come out? And KZ:SF also has bad polygon edges, low resolution effects, shimmering...basically all the nasty things that console games have.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 gpuking

DO excuse my typo as I was on the phone, yeah as if I don't know how to add "ed" at the end.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 lostrib

@gpuking said:

DO excuse my typo as I was on the phone, yeah as if I don't know how to add "ed" at the end.

some people are "special"

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#266 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Ladies and gentleman, from the creator of the "nitpicky" The Order screenshot (me) comes: The Infamous Second Son Nitpicking Screenshot! Yes, just for this thread I conjured up another jimmy-rustling screenshot of what console gamers were bragging about and I am using the same, unedited screenshot to show the weaknesses of their Messiah, the PS4. Come see the low quality textures, lack of AA, lack of dynamic lighting or shadows, and more!

The foreground looks pretty (except up close) with its fancy lighting and moderate particle effects (see PlanetSide 2, Hawken, Battlefield 4, hell even The Bureau: X-Com Declassified on PC for better particle effects) but the background looks like crap. The plants are paper cut-outs, the cars are blurs, the windows merely stickers on a wall, the reflections are a joke. Also look at the railing of that balcony circled above. Notice any jagges? I do. Look at the character distortion bubble. FEAR from 2005 did that better with its grenades. That was nearly a DECADE ago. And I'm not even going into the lack of shadows outside of pre-baked ones, and even some of those are MIA. Literally there are no dynamic shadows. Even RuneScape has dynamic shadows now for god's sake.

The PS4 is nothing but a stripped down mid-range PC with hardware from 2011 and is utterly underwhelming performance wise (it can't even do 1080p/60fps at high fidelity in 2014). Deal with it.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#268 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@The_Stand_In said:

Ladies and gentleman, from the creator of the "nitpicky" The Order screenshot (me) comes: The Infamous Second Son Nitpicking Screenshot! Yes, just for this thread I conjured up another jimmy-rustling screenshot of what console gamers were bragging about and I am using the same, unedited screenshot to show the weaknesses of their Messiah, the PS4. Come see the low quality textures, lack of AA, lack of dynamic lighting or shadows, and more!

The foreground looks pretty (except up close) with its fancy lighting and moderate particle effects (see PlanetSide 2, Hawken, Battlefield 4, hell even The Bureau: X-Com Declassified on PC for better particle effects) but the background looks like crap. The plants are paper cut-outs, the cars are blurs, the windows merely stickers on a wall, the reflections are a joke. Also look at the railing of that balcony circled above. Notice any jagges? I do. Look at the character distortion bubble. FEAR from 2005 did that better with its grenades. That was nearly a DECADE ago. And I'm not even going into the lack of shadows outside of pre-baked ones, and even some of those are MIA. Literally there are no dynamic shadows. Even RuneScape has dynamic shadows now for god's sake.

The PS4 is nothing but a stripped down mid-range PC with hardware from 2011 and is utterly underwhelming performance wise (it can't even do 1080p/60fps at high fidelity in 2014). Deal with it.

You seem really, really butthurt over the fact that you can't play this game on the pc. Maybe someday you guy will get an awesome next gen game, have fun with hearthstone though, maybe ill take my laptop with me when i go take shits and play it then.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@gpuking said:

Reported for spamming the same bullshit over and over again.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#270  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Looks as good as Samaritan to me. Very beautiful setting and aesthetics. Powers look amazing!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@gpuking said:

Pretty wrong, since "low poly characters" doesn't reflect the entire scene's poly count.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By m3dude1

crysis 3 environments are low poly, less than crysis 1 fyi. metro games are absurdly low poly excluding the horrible implementation of tessellation.

"looks as good as samaritan to me"

no game looks as that good yet.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@gpuking said:

I don't believe you. First of all, it's Metro 2033, not Metro 2034. Furthermore, most of what you say about both games' graphical quality is simply wrong. Crysis 3, for example, easily has the larger draw distances with less aggressive LOD switching (compared to KZSF). All the other stuff you said is equally wrong and I could show you what I am talking about using videos and screenshots, but I'm not going to. It wouldn't change your mind and it's late and I need to head to bed soon anyway.

You were claiming these kind of things before we had even seen much about Killzone SF. You had your mind made up it was going to be the greatest thing ever long before we had a solid idea how it was going to turn out. In fact, you have a history of doing this with most PS3 exclusives.

I honestly don't believe you've played Crysis 3 or Metro 2033 on a decent gaming PC. Killzone SF does indeed look better overall than Metro 2033, but it most certainly does not look better than Crysis 3.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By gpuking

Just fired Crysis 3 ultra and it isn't as pretty as I remember it to be.

Plenty of ugly spots, blurry low res textures and low polys. It's not as crazy as it once seemed to be now that new games are out.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 gpuking

Maybe a graphics king before KZ came out but it's hardly the case now.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@gpuking said:

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on all of that, i doubt you've even seen Crysis 3 or Metro 2033 at ultra settings in real life let alone played them on hardware you own.

So once again...

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 gpuking

Er dude I just took those shots posted above, I can prove it in any way you like. What's so impossible to believe here?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Snugenz

@gpuking said:

Er dude I just took those shots posted above, I can prove it in any way you like. What's so impossible to believe here?

Ok, pictures with your GS username beside your open Origin screen with Crysis 3, screeshot of your specs in device manager with your GS username and a pic of your PC with your GS username, when it comes to someone like you these are the bare minimum required for me to believe you, the bare minimum.

For e.g:

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#280 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@gpuking said:

Maybe a graphics king before KZ came out but it's hardly the case now.

The fact that people can think this looks better than Killzone blows my mind.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 kalipekona

@m3dude1 said:

crysis 3 environments are low poly, less than crysis 1 fyi. metro games are absurdly low poly excluding the horrible implementation of tessellation.

More bullshit. You and gpuking say the most ridiculous things. It's the exact opposite from what you say. Crysis 3 has very expansive environments and they are packed with geometric detail.

Killzone SF:

Crysis 3:

Now lets look at those supposedly superior KZSF character models that gpuking was talking about:

The truth is plain to see.

Along with my PC I also own a PS4, PS3 and 360. I have played all the best-looking games on each platform and I have honestly never played a better looking game than Crysis 3.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By gpuking

Not with insane res or aa or 60fps but it sure shows me what Crysis 3 ultra look like more or less.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@m3dude1 said:

More bullshit. You and gpuking say the most ridiculous things. It's the exact opposite from what you say. Crysis 3 has very expansive environments and they are packed with geometric detail.

Killzone SF:

Crysis 3:

Now lets look at those supposedly superior KZSF character models that gpuking was talking about:

The truth is plain to see.

Along with my PC I also own a PS4, PS3 and 360. I have played all the best-looking games on each platform and I have honestly never played a better looking game than Crysis 3.

Game

Set

Match

stupid cows

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Teh grafix king looks like complete shit. lol...this is hilarious.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 gpuking

Don't have a 65 foot TV, but a 65" Sony HX955 does belong to me, along with Ryse and a Xbone.

And my little setup. Any more proofs?

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 kalipekona

@gpuking said:

Don't have a 65 foot TV, but a 65" Sony HX955 does belong to me, along with Ryse and a Xbone.

And my little setup. Any more proofs?

Eh cool, Sony pays you well.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Snugenz

@gpuking said:

Not with insane res or aa or 60fps but it sure shows me what Crysis 3 ultra look like more or less.

Ok you're not a liar, but you're still completely fucking delusional if you think KZ:SF matches let alone surpasses Crysis 3 or Metro:LL in technical graphics. Batshit insane would be another good phrase that would describe your condition yet another one would be a complete fanboy.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@gpuking: fair play, i can admit when i am wrong, either that or you have good photoshop skills.

Not keen on your choice of curtains though.

also how come you dont have your PC rigged up to the TV? wouldn't it be better?

it's always funny seeing you get owned, aren't you tired of being wrong 99% of the time?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Snugenz

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@gpuking: fair play, i can admit when i am wrong, either that or you have good photoshop skills.

it's always funny seeing you get owned, aren't you tired of being wrong 99% of the time?

Are you?.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 gpuking

OK a couple of things, I work hard, play hard and buy what I desire. I also do have decent PS skill but I assure you these are not shopped, nor do I wanna waste my time to do so. I also use my PC for other things than gaming so I can't hook it up to the TV 24/7, I'm planning on getting a high end Steambox in due time. I do need to upgrade my curtains tho. All in all please respect my opinion even when you don't agree, Crysis 3 has its own short comings as seen in my captures, it's not impressive in every corners nor does it do everything Killzone does either. These two games are at the very least in the same league, neither is a gen above another.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 kalipekona

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

Ok you're not a liar, but you're still completely fucking delusional if you think KZ:SF matches let alone surpasses Crysis 3 or Metro:LL in technical graphics. Batshit insane would be another good phrase that would describe your condition yet another one would be a complete fanboy.

Delusional is right. If he really does own all that gear (and isn't just at his friend's house or something) then it definitely brings to mind the saying "more money than sense". He apparently owns a decent PC, yet he worships the PS3 and PS4 as if they were deities.

It would be like a guy married to a woman like Mila Kunis or Eva Green but he cheats on her by having a long term affair with Rosie O'Donnell. But what makes it even worse is that he doesn't try to justify it by saying something like "well, she has a good heart"; no, he actually has the audacity to claim Rosie is the more attractive woman! It makes no sense.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

PLAYSTATION 4 VERSION:

PC VERSION:
PC VERSION:

The first one is off of youtube because it can't that blurry. I have seen other screens of BF4 on ps4 and it doesn't look that blurry. Plus the resolution isn't 900p.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By gpuking

I don't do lies here, it's pointless, it would be a waste of everyone's time and mine too. Again Playstation4 does have some nice looking games and I always liked Sony's Bravia TVs. I only speak of my heart about how a game looks, so if it doesn't suit to other people's taste due to whatever technical differences or art then so be it. Everyone perceives and prioritize graphics differently and it's not like kz is 720p, no aa, poly starved or etc, it's well in the same playing field. This gen just started so there will be plenty of surprises coming along, you don't need fanboy goggles to see them I'm of it.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

Are you?.

no because i am never wrong but good thing to show the butthurt

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@tormentos said:

@naz99 said:

i'm a low post counter because i have a life and i'm not a raging fanboy like you....you claim something get proven wrong then claim victory...just like all dumbass fanboys do...

You left a link to one graphics card from one retailer ...cluless ****

And one random bundle that contains hardware that outperforms a ps4,,,,, god you are bad at this..

I don't need to try and win this argument you are winning it for me by being stupid :)

And cry baby? i'm doing this for fun...i'm enjoying watching you get worked up and fall over yourself

You have a low post count because you are an alter account to another dude on this place..:-)

Still waiting for you to provide evidence that the PC DF use cost $600 on US,you know if it doesn't take to much time of your life since you know you have one and we poster with higher post count don't..

give it up...also you do not need an alt account when you use actual facts to win arguments ...try it sometime chief.....i also do not waste my time trying to prove something to people who can't even hold up a basic argument....lol

Oh and it may be hard for you to believe here on system wars but that 12 year old account with 700 posts is my only account,unlike you i dont make moronic threads and respond with pointless arguments,you have 14,000 posts of almost utter drivel.

You must be so proud...here i will post you this "Herp Derp" badge so you can show everyone you win on forums..