PC CONSOLE graphical dispute has got to end.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by MBirdy88 (8994 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@m3dude1 said:

and once again new levels of stupidity are achieved. heres a real pc shot for comparison.

pic

and heres what quality graphics actually look like

pic

LAst gen multiplat vs next gen 1st party high budget game... with a massive art-graphics department trying to tech demo a new console?

Hmmm geez sparky I wonder why the latter looks better?

peasants ....

so what? the end result is all that matters. pick any pc game u want and its the same result.

oh hello new anti-pc troll account, how long are you going to plague us for? not responding to you ever again so dont try.

#102 Posted by arenaplayer (10 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

Most people do have HD TVs and would own one if they had a console or not.

You undermined your own argument. PC's can connect to HDTV's. We have never included the cost of either as consoles can hook up to modern monitors, and PC's can hook up to HDTV's.

This is another hermit flawed argument. Can you yes, do you no. Hardly anyone does this or wants to do this, also hooking up your PC to a 40-50 inch HD TV isn't that great for it especially if you opted for a cheaper model

Haha that is just beyond ridiculous. Do you realize even the cheapest integrated GPUs (Like HD4000) can output not just 1920x1080 but up to 2560x1600 and even 4k over DP/Thundebolt.

Connecting a PC to a TV with HDMI port is exactly the same process as connecting any console, you plug in HDMI on both sides and that's it. GPU's with HDMI carry both sound and image trough it.

There circled it for you.

http://i.imgur.com/yeJQxT6.png

#103 Edited by clyde46 (47402 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

You undermined your own argument. PC's can connect to HDTV's. We have never included the cost of either as consoles can hook up to modern monitors, and PC's can hook up to HDTV's.

This is another hermit flawed argument. Can you yes, do you no. Hardly anyone does this or wants to do this, also hooking up your PC to a 40-50 inch HD TV isn't that great for it especially if you opted for a cheaper model

Moving the goal posts much.

#104 Edited by Sharp-Shooter89 (128 posts) -

@Shielder7: why do hermits have to spend 400 dollars on a gaming rig when they dont want to? i want to spend 800+ on my rig cause its MY CHOICE, i want to have great hardware, something you consolites cant have, and if i want to build a budget rig then its my choice aswell, thats whats awesome about PC gaming, you make your own experience whereas companies make your experience for you on consoles.

and why is gaming the only hobby where the more money you spend on your hobby the "dumber" you are, car enthusiasts will spend THOUSANDS on turbokits/aesthetics on the car, audiophiles will spend thousands on headphones/amps/dacs, golfers spend THOUSANDS on golf clubs, collector will spend THOUSANDS on collectables and everything is acceptable if your into cars/golf/collections , but in gaming, if you spend a few hundred on a gaming rig then your a dumb hermit.

sorry but i honestly doubt the passion some consolites have about gaming, "i dont want the best i want the cheapest, and most simplest" <console gamer motto

#105 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i want to be a 4k gamer. pc is the only platform which can offer me this.

pc is the platform with the best graphics potential.

#106 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@clyde46 said:

BF4 on consoles does not run at 1080p.

BF4 on most PCs does not run at 1080p....... In fact in most cases BF4 just doesn't run period.

Most consoles can't run BF 4 either.

#107 Edited by 04dcarraher (20345 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Shielder7 said:

@clyde46 said:

BF4 on most PCs does not run at 1080p....... In fact in most cases BF4 just doesn't run period.

O snap

But anyways,

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/79/797122/2399167-shorepc.jpg

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/79/797122/2399168-shoreps4.jpg

Is that even close? nope.

#108 Edited by Snugenz (12734 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

1. I explained that in paragraph 2 try reading the whole thing.

2. I explained that in paragraph 2 as well try reading the whole thing.

3. PSN+ isn't required for a lot of things such as MMOs and Netflixs and if your like me and prefer Single player games you could probably get away with not paying for it.

4. Not required as it comes with one unlike PCs that don't usually come with a gaming Keyboard, Mouse and Controller unless you get a high end premade.

5. Internet access is required for most PC games not consoles, Sony even sent you a disc for launch editions that needed an updates. DRM BS exists on PCs mostly not consoles try again.

1. Stupid point as a PC can connect perfectly fine to a HDTV aswell as a monito.

2. See above.

3. To get the same amount of connectivity of an online PC you need to pay for the subscription to play online on a console, so yes for comparisons sake it is required.

4. You don't need a gaming KB&M to game on a PC just like you don't need high end "pro" controllers to use consoles, any old KB&M will do and they can be gotten dirt cheap, much cheaper than a controller. Plus, since you mentioned premades, they come with keyboard and mice so yeah no need for that "high end" caveat.

5. Internet access is required for very few PC games (Diablo 3 and Sim City) and MMO's (console MMO's also require constant internet access). Before you come back with another dumbass point, Origin, Steam and Uplay work perfectly well offline.

#109 Posted by clyde46 (47402 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@Shielder7 said:

1. I explained that in paragraph 2 try reading the whole thing.

2. I explained that in paragraph 2 as well try reading the whole thing.

3. PSN+ isn't required for a lot of things such as MMOs and Netflixs and if your like me and prefer Single player games you could probably get away with not paying for it.

4. Not required as it comes with one unlike PCs that don't usually come with a gaming Keyboard, Mouse and Controller unless you get a high end premade.

5. Internet access is required for most PC games not consoles, Sony even sent you a disc for launch editions that needed an updates. DRM BS exists on PCs mostly not consoles try again.

1. Stupid point as a PC can connect perfectly fine to a HDTV aswell as a monito.

2. See above.

3. To get the same amount of connectivity of an online PC you need to pay for the subscription to play online on a console, so yes for comparisons sake it is required.

4. You don't need a gaming KB&M to game on a PC just like you don't need high end "pro" controllers to use consoles, any old KB&M will do and they can be gotten dirt cheap, much cheaper than a controller. Plus, since you mentioned premades, they come with keyboard and mice so yeah no need for that "high end" caveat.

5. Internet access is required for very few PC games (Diablo 3 and Sim City) and MMO's (console MMO's also require constant internet access). Before you come back with another dumbass point, Origin, Steam and Uplay work perfectly well offline.

Just to add to the last point, you need internet access in some form to access a lot of the features on both the X1 and the PS4 as they both come with a day one update.

#110 Posted by BeardMaster (1686 posts) -

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@Shielder7: why do hermits have to spend 400 dollars on a gaming rig when they dont want to? i want to spend 800+ on my rig cause its MY CHOICE, i want to have great hardware, something you consolites cant have, and if i want to build a budget rig then its my choice aswell, thats whats awesome about PC gaming, you make your own experience whereas companies make your experience for you on consoles.

and why is gaming the only hobby where the more money you spend on your hobby the "dumber" you are, car enthusiasts will spend THOUSANDS on turbokits/aesthetics on the car, audiophiles will spend thousands on headphones/amps/dacs, golfers spend THOUSANDS on golf clubs, collector will spend THOUSANDS on collectables and everything is acceptable if your into cars/golf/collections , but in gaming, if you spend a few hundred on a gaming rig then your a dumb hermit.

sorry but i honestly doubt the passion some consolites have about gaming, "i dont want the best i want the cheapest, and most simplest" <console gamer motto

Because money spent on gaming hardware is money thrown away. A good set of speakers or a good set of clubs will last you a lifetime. Gaming hardware becomes outdated and worthless relatively quickly. Im not saying spending alot of money on a rig makes anyone dumb... but electronics are fairly unique in how quickly they lose their value.

#111 Posted by kalipekona (2360 posts) -

@planbfreak4eva said:

Can we already end this graphical war between consoles and pcs and come to a consensus?

battlefield 4 on ps4 @1080p doesnt look a million times worse than pc version @1080p.

we keep comparing gifs and images but the thing is, the differences are quite minor to keep fighting about. Its not day and night difference.

Now, if you are playing battlefield 4 @2160p on pc then ofc. the difference is major. the amount of detail is incredible.

so, what am trying to say is. if you are a pc gamer and you game @1080p, then there is nothing to discuss. Unless you enjoy discussing marginal differences.

ps. I tested diablo 3 and battlefield 4 @2160p. (battlefield 4 though had a very choppy frame rate, so i decreased the resolution). and why i included ps4, is because i own battlefield 4 for ps4. so i did a little test.

What's minor for one person might be major to another person. As an owner of a gaming PC, PS3, 360 and PS4 I can honestly say the improvement in graphics going from one of my consoles to my PC is significant.

Even between the PS4 and the PC the difference is already quite significant to me. Games like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and Thief all look and run much better on my PC than on my PS4. Not only are the core graphics better, but the fidelity and smoothness is drastically better on the PC thanks to high quality anti-aliasing and faster more steady framerates.

#112 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

PC always wins for me because every game is future proof, I can go back to an old game, downsample it or play it at a higher resolution and make it look amazing. That's something consoles will never have, every game is a snapshot in time and it'll perform as well or as badly is it always has.

#113 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152242 posts) -

@kalipekona said:

@planbfreak4eva said:

Can we already end this graphical war between consoles and pcs and come to a consensus?

battlefield 4 on ps4 @1080p doesnt look a million times worse than pc version @1080p.

we keep comparing gifs and images but the thing is, the differences are quite minor to keep fighting about. Its not day and night difference.

Now, if you are playing battlefield 4 @2160p on pc then ofc. the difference is major. the amount of detail is incredible.

so, what am trying to say is. if you are a pc gamer and you game @1080p, then there is nothing to discuss. Unless you enjoy discussing marginal differences.

ps. I tested diablo 3 and battlefield 4 @2160p. (battlefield 4 though had a very choppy frame rate, so i decreased the resolution). and why i included ps4, is because i own battlefield 4 for ps4. so i did a little test.

What's minor for one person might be major to another person. As an owner of a gaming PC, PS3, 360 and PS4 I can honestly say the improvement in graphics going from one of my consoles to my PC is significant.

Even between the PS4 and the PC the difference is already quite significant to me. Games like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and Thief all look and run much better on my PC than on my PS4. Not only are the core graphics better, but the fidelity and smoothness is drastically better on the PC thanks to high quality anti-aliasing and faster more steady framerates.

Eh.....I still play old games and the graphics don't bother me.

#114 Posted by clyde46 (47402 posts) -

@BeardMaster said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

Because money spent on gaming hardware is money thrown away. A good set of speakers or a good set of clubs will last you a lifetime. Gaming hardware becomes outdated and worthless relatively quickly. Im not saying spending alot of money on a rig makes anyone dumb... but electronics are fairly unique in how quickly they lose their value.

Funny you said that, cars are fast heading that way. Most new cars lose half their value the moment you drive them off the forecourt.

#115 Edited by kalipekona (2360 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

TC's argument was destroyed in the first 2 posts lol. Furthermore, the fact that debate exists between the X1 graphics and PS4 graphics, yet TC wants us to stop the PC vs consoles debate, is rather ludicrous.

That's why they want to remove the PC from the discussion: they want to lord it over the Xbox and Nintendo gamers and the PC is kind of an inconvenient truth for these cows.

It's astounding how many of these fanboys can go from downplaying the PC's graphical advantages on one hand to acting like the graphical differences between the PS4 and XB1 are massive nearly in the same breath. It's pure delusion.

In reality, the difference in graphics and performance between PC and the PS4 is much bigger than the difference between the PS4 and XB1.

#116 Edited by kalipekona (2360 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@pelvist said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@pelvist: No shit Captain Obvious. But not all gaming PCs are created equally. And that's a fact.

Not all consoles are created equally either, your point?

That's just stupid. The console from x manufacturer in the same generation IS created equal.

And how in the world does that have any bearing on which platform has the best graphics? The PC versions are best and it doesn't matter if every PC in the world can't max them out right now. There are many millions of PC gamers with enthusiast level rigs that can easily play these games at console-beating settings. Not to mention that even the people with weaker PCs can upgrade any time they like and get the full potential out of the PC games they already own.

The argument is stupid. A version being better than another is not dependent on the number of people that can play it. Does Killzone Shadow Fall look worse than Killzone 3 simply because fewer people own PS4s than PS3s? When I am enjoying my games with the high quality graphics and performance I get on my PC do you think I give a shit how many people can or can't play those games at the same quality levels?

#117 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

I'm not moving anything.

How many hermits do you know own a gaming PC but not a Monitor?

How many People who don't own a console own a TV or who own a console would own a TV anyway?

Exactly

#118 Edited by scatteh316 (5017 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

I'm not moving anything.

How many People who don't own a console own a TV or who own a console would own a TV anyway?

Exactly

Quite a few... And one lucky, rich son-of-a-bitch in my PC forum plays on a 65" 4k TV with his PC and Quad-SLI Titan Black Editions.....

#120 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -
@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

You missed the point completely.

@Cranler said:

@Shielder7 said:

@clyde46 said:

I was referring to BF4 as a whole.

@MonsieurX said:

@Shielder7 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

How do you know hardly anyone does this or want to do this?

How many hermits you know who don't own a monitor?

#121 Posted by lundy86_4 (44112 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

1. How many PC gamers do you know that don't own a monitor? K I thought so.

You're relying on anecdotes. Answer my question:

@lundy86_4 said:

So it's a flawed argument, even though you are speaking in absolutes. First you say that people don't, then you say hardly anybody does. However, whether people do or not is irrelevant, considering you can.

However, to further refute your point, could you provide statistics for those who hook their PC up to a HDTV against those who utilize a monitor? You said hardly anybody does it, so I would assume you are stating that based on a evidence that you just read.

Cool. Thanks.

#122 Posted by Jankarcop (10304 posts) -

Gets owned in the original gfx debate, switches to prices;

Gets owned in price, switches to monitor and hdtv debate;

Gets owned in display, switches to steam bashing;

Gets owned in steam bashing, switches to?

It never ends with the most abused poster in SW, oh @Shielder7 ...our resident punching bag. Keep up with that moving goal post, shitty troll.

#123 Posted by Sharp-Shooter89 (128 posts) -

@BeardMaster: lol, but cars retain their value? lol, yet the car enthusiast community respect the cars that have turbo kits, header back exhausts even tho it costs thousands and the value gets dimished almost instantly, every single thing i said apart from the collections has dimishing value, including a set of headphones.

you also didnt mention the fact that spending 800+ on a gaming rig rather than 500 dollars is all up to the user, if the user wants to spend 800 dollars or more for a gaming computer just tells me he is pasionate about having the best hardware for playing the games at the best, not sure why this is looked down upon, again consolists love to say spending money on a pc is "a waste of money" or as you said "money thrown away" because you can get cheaper more inferior version on a console, and that value diminishes over time especially on electronics which is true, thats not going to stop pasion, sorry

ever tried selling a car with a modified turbo to a dealer? they are not going to give you more money because you have a turbo, infact they will give you much less.

#124 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (1377 posts) -

@Shielder7:

1. I own both a 62 inch tv and a 1440p monitor for gaming on my pc. Thing about it is I used the tv for months before ever buying a monitor. The TV works 100% as intended if your not an idiot with electronics or just too stupid too think of using one.

2. Again Tv works if your not an idiot.

3. Yes you do need to pay a base fee for less connectivity then a pc offers. This is simply a fact disputing it makes zero sense.

4. I have 5 yr old 15dollar keyboard and mouse sitting right here that say hello, they work 100% of the time all the time. Oh and that mouse it has two buttons.

5.Umm you don't just like you don't play your ps4 or xbox one after pluging it in out of the box. Each of those boxes has a day one update, and each of their games has a day one update including patches released after launch. So either way the internet is required and even more so with a console. As I can grab the game files from a friend and plug them into my computer. Copy them to my folders then activate using my cellphones tethering 3g option no hardline needed. That's just one way I can get around personally not having a hardline internet connection. I'm sure I could come up with about 30 more but I think you get the point.

#125 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

I'm not moving anything.

Exactly

Quite a few... And one lucky, rich son-of-a-bitch in my PC forum plays on a 65" 4k TV with his PC and Quad-SLI Titan Black Editions.....

No you don't. If you're going to lie to me at least put some effort into it and make it semi believable.

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

You're relying on anecdotes. Answer my question:

@lundy86_4 said:

So it's a flawed argument, even though you are speaking in absolutes. First you say that people don't, then you say hardly anybody does. However, whether people do or not is irrelevant, considering you can.

However, to further refute your point, could you provide statistics for those who hook their PC up to a HDTV against those who utilize a monitor? You said hardly anybody does it, so I would assume you are stating that based on a evidence that you just read.

Cool. Thanks.

You already admitted it was a flawed argument and unless you're a lying scumbag hermit or completely lack common sense it's painfully obvious it's a flawed argument. Hell that was the whole purpose of the Steam Machines was trying to get people to hook up their PCs to TVs.

As for statistics lol well I doubt that number is even high enough for anyone to actually do those statistics, but if you want to believe the majority of people who buy PCs don't buy monitors for them well go ahead and believe stupid if you want but that's just sad...............

#126 Edited by lundy86_4 (44112 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

You already admitted it was a flawed argument and unless you're a lying scumbag hermit or completely lack common sense it's painfully obvious it's a flawed argument. Hell that was the whole purpose of the Steam Machines was trying to get people to hook up their PCs to TVs.

As for statistics lol well I doubt that number is even high enough for anyone to actually do those statistics, but if you want to believe the majority of people who buy PCs don't buy monitors for them well go ahead and believe stupid if you want but that's just sad...............

I never said the argument was flawed. You said it was flawed. It seems you lack basic reading comprehension. I was outlining your overview of the argument, and showing you why your argument was... Well... Lacking.

So you don't have statistics. Are you using anecdotal evidence? Maybe your friends and family? That wouldn't be a great sample size.

#127 Posted by naz99 (1731 posts) -

Ahh shielder 7 failing hard again and still thinking he is winning ...classic fanboy delusion, you dumbasses are what makes these boards so much fun

Carry on :)

#128 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

My computer happens to be hooked up to an HDMI TV. Full 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz.

#129 Edited by naz99 (1731 posts) -

1 single post = argument destroyed..lol

@CrownKingArthur said:

Bu..Bu Sheilder 7 said we don't use TV's...you are obviously lying!!

C'mon fess up admit it you have a 14" crt coal powered monitor really don't you!!

#130 Posted by BeardMaster (1686 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

Funny you said that, cars are fast heading that way. Most new cars lose half their value the moment you drive them off the forecourt.

According to the interwebs they lose 11% of their value on average when you drive them off the lot (assume thats what a forecourt is). But thats more a case for buying used vs new rather than buying a sports car vs an economy car. That said i usually buy used economy cars since as you said, cars do depreciate heavily and they do their job good enough for me... even if they dont perform quite as good as sports cars ;)

#131 Posted by Vaasman (11744 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Me.

#132 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@ribstaylor1 said:

@Shielder7:

5.Umm you don't just like you don't play your ps4 or xbox one after pluging it in out of the box. Each of those boxes has a day one update, and each of their games has a day one update including patches released after launch. So either way the internet is required and even more so with a console. As I can grab the game files from a friend and plug them into my computer. Copy them to my folders then activate using my cellphones tethering 3g option no hardline needed. That's just one way I can get around personally not having a hardline internet connection. I'm sure I could come up with about 30 more but I think you get the point.

I'm ignoring the rest because I've either already answered it or it's completely flawed but this last point is an out and out lie.

5. No once again you hermits show your ignorance. Launch additions for the PS 4 required an update but Sony sent you a disc if you didn't have internet access I mentioned this before please learn to read.

Games still have updates but they're not required to play them off line try again. I can buy a game from Walmart, Gamestop etc put the disc in and play it with no internet what so ever so no consoles do not require internet this is just hermit lying BS.

You garbing the game files from a friend and plugging them into your computer is not only still technically using the internet as you're using your friends internet, but probably against Steams TOS agreement. Not everyone has a friend that can or will do this, you cannot use the (just get your friend to do it ) as an argument here try again.

#133 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@naz99 said:

1 single post = argument destroyed..lol

@CrownKingArthur said:

Bu..Bu Sheilder 7 said we don't use TV's...you are obviously lying!!

C'mon fess up admit it you have a 14" crt coal powered monitor really don't you!!

coal powered?

mine runs on the blood of the innocent.

but yes, someone would have to be pretty silly to fail to understand hdmi ports, and hdmi sockets. i've even played my xbox 360 off a little 22 inch monitor.

#134 Posted by kalipekona (2360 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@Snugenz said:

2. See above.

2. see above

3. No it's not

4.BS cheap Keyboards and mouse don't last very long and any hermit worth his sault will tell you you need at the very least a 3-4 button mouse.

5. Really? How are you supposed to download your games off Steam if you have no internet access you tard? You hermits are really getting as dumb as Lemmings. Consoles are mostly physical copies so technically I don't need to download anything unlike Steam, Origin users

You cows are as dumb and irrational as they come. Hermits, lems and sheep are all more intelligent and levelheaded on average than you guys. The ridiculous argument you are trying to make above is only one example of such irrationality. It's almost as if all cows come from some third world country where education is nonexistent and everyone is so malnourished that their brains don't function properly.

#135 Edited by lundy86_4 (44112 posts) -

lol, Shielder picking and choosing what points to answer, even though he can't even prove his own point with regards to how many people use monitors versus HDTV's. Congratulations on the dipshittiest way of arguing.

#136 Edited by melonfarmerz (1274 posts) -

On PC, you have AA and the Ultra settings for most games is better than the console version. Not only that, you get 60fps and 1080p AT LEAST. On console, you can only have one or the other, sometimes neither. This shouldn't be a debate

#137 Posted by BeardMaster (1686 posts) -

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@BeardMaster: lol, but cars retain their value? lol, yet the car enthusiast community respect the cars that have turbo kits, header back exhausts even tho it costs thousands and the value gets dimished almost instantly, every single thing i said apart from the collections has dimishing value, including a set of headphones.

you also didnt mention the fact that spending 800+ on a gaming rig rather than 500 dollars is all up to the user, if the user wants to spend 800 dollars or more for a gaming computer just tells me he is pasionate about having the best hardware for playing the games at the best, not sure why this is looked down upon, again consolists love to say spending money on a pc is "a waste of money" or as you said "money thrown away" because you can get cheaper more inferior version on a console, and that value diminishes over time especially on electronics which is true, thats not going to stop pasion, sorry

ever tried selling a car with a modified turbo to a dealer? they are not going to give you more money because you have a turbo, infact they will give you much less.

No cant say i have. I usually buy cheap economy cars with good mileage. Just as i usually buy budget rigs rather than high end PCs. Consoles and gaming in general is a waste of money, just depends how much money people are willing to waste... i was simply pointing out alot of the things you listed werent directly comparable to gaming.

#138 Edited by Sharp-Shooter89 (128 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@-God- said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@-God- said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@-God- said:

PC has better gfx and performance....there was never a "dispute".

This can vary from small to major.

Only if the graphics are updated and a higher end card. Not all PCs have that...even for those who game.

1. This is gamespot. We discuss gaming PC's.

2. A $150 video card currently out does xboxone....

@Shielder7 said:
@clyde46 said:

Shut the fuck up, troll boy.

And gaming PCs vary...and not everyone here spends that kind of money on a PC even for gaming. Stop generalizing. It's lazy.

You don't have to spend much to out do the next gen consoles. Either way, when we say "best on PC", we're not talking about a 5 hour old e-machines and neither are reviewers.

Yes you do the infamous 400$ Gaming PC is a myth that every hermit likes to gloat about but never owns. They also usual fail to include things like OS, half decent monitor, gaming mouse Keyboard, Controller etc. Little things add up.

And yes I'm including a half decent monitor because with Netbooks, Tablets and Laptops over shadowing Traditional General Tower PCs (and not by a little, pretty sure Tower PCs are actually in last place) Most people don't have a half decent monitor since there is no need for one. On the flip side Most people do have HD TVs and would own one if they had a console or not.

you do know that computers that are custom build arent on those sales charts right? a good percentage of them are not even considered sold even tho they are desktops, and before you say buh buh its a small percentage, actually, a place i work at 30-40% of desktops are custom made, whether its gaming machines or just budget everyday desktop.

also consoles have "little things that add up aswell"

xbox live/psn subscription, play and charge kit, 10-20 dollars more on games, accessories that you must pay premium for because its on a closed system, $70 dollars for official controllers? how about that 130 dollar 20gb hdd that the 360 had? $120 to make your 360 wireless? i know this does not apply so much anymore, but it still applies regardless.

#139 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (1377 posts) -

@Shielder7:

1. I own both a 62 inch tv and a 1440p monitor for gaming on my pc. Thing about it is I used the tv for months before ever buying a monitor. The TV works 100% as intended if your not an idiot with electronics or just too stupid too think of using one.

2. Again Tv works if your not an idiot.

3. Yes you do need to pay a base fee for less connectivity then a pc offers. This is simply a fact disputing it makes zero sense.

4. I have 5 yr old 15dollar keyboard and mouse sitting right here that say hello, they work 100% of the time all the time. Oh and that mouse it has two buttons.

5.Umm you don't just like you don't play your ps4 or xbox one after pluging it in out of the box. Each of those boxes has a day one update, and each of their games has a day one update including patches released after launch. So either way the internet is required and even more so with a console. As I can grab the game files from a friend and plug them into my computer. Copy them to my folders then activate using my cellphones tethering 3g option no hardline needed.

#140 Posted by Snugenz (12734 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

2. see above

3. No it's not

4.BS cheap Keyboards and mouse don't last very long and any hermit worth his sault will tell you you need at the very least a 3-4 button mouse.

5. Really? How are you supposed to download your games off Steam if you have no internet access you tard? You hermits are really getting as dumb as Lemmings. Consoles are mostly physical copies so technically I don't need to download anything unlike Steam, Origin users

1. It doesn't matter (even though there's even one or two in this very thread) the option is there to use a HDTV with a new PC.

3. It most certainly is, in a comparison between two objects you look for parity, to achieve parity in this comparison you have to be able to play online games on them, to do that on consoles you need to pay for the subscription.

4. No BS, they last as long as gamepads (look up issues with the DS4 for example) and you in no way need more than the standard mouse to get by in gaming, in fact there's still a ton of games that don't support anymore than the standard mouse buttons.

5. You need to go online on consoles for day 1 patches etc. and you don't need to be always online to use services like Steam and Origin once you own those games so...

You'd think you'd actually have some solid points to argue with, but no it's all shit.

#141 Posted by clyde46 (47402 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

@Shielder7:

I'm ignoring the rest because I've either already answered it or it's completely flawed but this last point is an out and out lie.

5. No once again you hermits show your ignorance. Launch additions for the PS 4 required an update but Sony sent you a disc if you didn't have internet access I mentioned this before please learn to read.

Games still have updates but they're not required to play them off line try again. I can buy a game from Walmart, Gamestop etc put the disc in and play it with no internet what so ever so no consoles do not require internet this is just hermit lying BS.

You garbing the game files from a friend and plugging them into your computer is not only still technically using the internet as you're using your friends internet, but probably against Steams TOS agreement. Not everyone has a friend that can or will do this, you cannot use the (just get your friend to do it ) as an argument here try again.

Stop picking and choosing what argument you try to counter. Alot of games on consoles have day one updates to fix bugs and what not so if you don't have internet access you are playing a broken game. Consoles do require internet access whether you like it or not. Just how many features can you access without internet? Blu-ray usage and single player games... Thats it, everything else requires internet access.

As for the Steam games files, its not against the Steam ToU as they allow you to back up your games using the same method. You just need to have the game in question already attached to your account and with the readily available Steam App for iOS and Android I can do just that.

#142 Edited by Sharp-Shooter89 (128 posts) -
@BeardMaster said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

No cant say i have. I usually buy cheap economy cars with good mileage. Just as i usually buy budget rigs rather than high end PCs. Consoles and gaming in general is a waste of money, just depends how much money people are willing to waste... i was simply pointing out alot of the things you listed werent directly comparable to gaming.

im the same way, i do not have a strong passion for cars, but i can atleast appreciate a car enthusiast spending thousands of dollars and time to turn there eco car into something thats faster than a car that would of costed 30-40k,

but when a pc gamer, or any gamer for that matter spends 300 for a video card upgrade for better experience console gamers say LOL I DONT HAVE TO UPGRADE MY CONSOLE, SURE IM PLAYING AT 720p but atleast im saving money!!!
yet pc gamers say yeah but alteast i have better graphics and a better overall experience
console elite: BUH BUH MORE EXPENSIVE LOLS

#143 Posted by clyde46 (47402 posts) -

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

im the same way, i do not have a strong passion for cars, but i can atleast appreciate a car enthusiast spending thousands of dollars and time to turn there eco car into something thats faster than a car that would of costed 30-40k,

but when a pc gamer, or any gamer for that matter spends 300 for a video card upgrade for better experience console gamers say LOL I DONT HAVE TO UPGRADE MY CONSOLE, SURE IM PLAYING AT 720p but atleast im saving money!!!

yet pc gamers say yeah but alteast i have better graphics and a better overall experience

It all comes down to "Haters gunna hate". Fact is, anywhere you look you will always find this sort of thing. Dodge vs Ford vs Chevy, Nikon vs Cannon, Ricers vs Sleepers, Imports vs muscle....

#144 Posted by scatteh316 (5017 posts) -
@Shielder7 said:

@scatteh316 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Shielder7 said:

I'm not moving anything.

Exactly

No you don't. If you're going to lie to me at least put some effort into it and make it semi believable.

No I don't?

Funny... I don't remember saying I did..... Making stuff up as you go a long are we....lol...

#145 Edited by kalipekona (2360 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

lol, Shielder picking and choosing what points to answer, even though he can't even prove his own point with regards to how many people use monitors versus HDTV's. Congratulations on the dipshittiest way of arguing.

It really is a stupid argument. I do most of my PC and console gaming on a projector, not an HDTV or a monitor. You don't need a monitor to play PC games, therefor it makes no sense to add the monitor into the cost of a gaming PC. It's not a necessary part of a gaming PC, period.

#146 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (1377 posts) -

@clyde46: Ya people like to justify what they have over everyone else's. That and envy and jealousy are bitch. Those emotions seem to take over those with weak minds and bellow average deductive reasoning skills.

#147 Posted by tormentos (19927 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Put your PC res to 900 and then to 1080p. You see huge difference

Apply that to the xbox one vs PS4.

#148 Edited by BeardMaster (1686 posts) -

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

Something to be said for saving though, when the housing market crashed i realized it would be a great time to buy a home... only to look at my bank account and realize i needed at least another 10 grand in there for a down payment/closing costs to get a decent house. Then looking around my 1 bedroom apartment filled with high end electronics, realized... "man i wish i didnt waste so much money on this crap." So yea these days im a miser who will gladly game at 720p, but doing so from the comfort of my own home. Should never underestimate the value of savings my friend ;)

#149 Posted by tormentos (19927 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

TC's argument was destroyed in the first 2 posts lol. Furthermore, the fact that debate exists between the X1 graphics and PS4 graphics, yet TC wants us to stop the PC vs consoles debate, is rather ludicrous.

The PS4 and xbox one are consoles they are on the same market,PC are not period and has been like this since the 70's when the console market started.

PC will always have better graphics is not like consoles get a new GPU every year,they are also more expensive to.

The PS4 and xbox one are 2 consoles that compete in the same category of product further more one is cheaper and stronger so yeah console comparison will always happen,PC is a different market just like Cell Phones and PC are a different market to.

Oh and fact still stand for $399 you can't beat the PS4 graphically on PC period.

#150 Edited by gpuking (3070 posts) -

Using BF4 on PS4 for comparison is a terrible idea, it's not even close to be best looking game on that platform. I've yet to see a PC game looking better than this tho.