PC barely attending E3. link inside.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unknowndrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 unknowndrk
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts

http://venturebeat.com/2008/06/26/dont-expect-to-see-many-pc-games-at-upcoming-e3-game-show/

check it out. what are your thoughts? I think it would be helpful if you knew which games were on the horizon and also it helps to see new footage but Consoles seem to overshadow PC at this event from what the article is saying.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

Microsoft actually mentions PC in their conference. Its their Games for Windows section where they announce and hype new games.

cmon hermits, MS is giving your ownerless plaform some attention. Nintendo and SOny dont care about you. AT least MS is willing to devote SOME time to u guys.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

Thats just because PC doesnt have a unified company behind it, so its up to the devs and publishers to try and get a stand in there.

But im pretty sure that we will be seeing quite a bit of Games For Windows as MS seems to love it.

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts

Microsoft actually mentions PC in their conference. Its their Games for Windows section where they announce and hype new games.

cmon hermits, MS is giving your ownerless plaform some attention. Nintendo and SOny dont care about you. AT least MS is willing to devote SOME time to u guys.

-GhostMLD-

I'd say they should fix their OS before devoting time to the little amount of(GfW) PC games

Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Kez1984
Member since 2007 • 4548 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

ChrnoTrigger

I'd say they should fix their OS before devoting time to the little amount of(GfW) PC games

haha, yea....

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

ChrnoTrigger

What's so bad about XP? I see why you can call Vista bad due to bugs (and majority of them have been fixed) and it's a resource hog (and that's shrinking.),but XP is pretty good.
Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
PC isn't attending? You act like PC is an entity... it's not.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

ChrnoTrigger

Its not like there is a better OS in existence than XP atm.

Thank MS for that atleast, your not forced to use Vista.

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Um there's no such thing as a "PC" group to attend. Only thing can be individual devs.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
Poor hermits
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
Poor hermitsGazzaB
I hope that was a sarcastic comment lol.
Haee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Haee
Member since 2006 • 1378 Posts

cmon hermits, MS is giving your ownerless plaform some attention. Nintendo and SOny dont care about you. AT least MS is willing to devote SOME time to u guys. -GhostMLD-

As far as Sony is concerned, some of their high-budget games like Everquest and The Agency revolve around the PC market. I could care less about Nintendo's interaction with the PC, Nintendo knows how make games exclusively for their platforms and I hope they keep up with their work in the first-party forefront.

Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kez1984

Poor hermitsGazzaB

Huh?

VoodooGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VoodooGamer
Member since 2007 • 1864 Posts

-GhostMLD-

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChrnoTrigger
[QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

angelkimne

Its not like there is a better OS in existence than XP atm.

Thank MS for that atleast, your not forced to use Vista.

And that means they should ignore the issues? :|

Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kez1984
Didn't they attempt to force us with Halo 2? That game didn't even use dx10 did it? And It was dated by the time it came to the pc, as well as the fact, we generally didn't really care much about it as much as the xbox crowd.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts

[QUOTE="GazzaB"]Poor hermitslettuceman44
I hope that was a sarcastic comment lol.

Not sarcastic, but not serious:P

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

-GhostMLD-
I'm sure many PC gamers would be happy if they stayed away...
ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChrnoTrigger

Didn't they attempt to force us with Halo 2? That game didn't even use dx10 did it? And It was dated by the time it came to the pc, as well as the fact, we generally didn't really care much about it as much as the xbox crowd.Kez1984

Yeah. But it looks like they learned from that, hopefully doesn't happen again.

mudman91878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mudman91878
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

-GhostMLD-

PC doesn't need E3 when it has many conferences that are devoted entirely to the PC.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
I know my PC isn't attending.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

DivergeUnify

lol so true

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

DivergeUnify

Hit the nail on the head.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
Why would PC companies attend? Waste of money, E3 becamed small low-profile US-centric show. You could already see this last year. PC devs are saving money and annoucements for Games Convention, which is a lot more important for PCgaming (it's bigger and it's Euro-centric) than E3 is
stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Episode 3,Doom4 and Alan Wake are all being shown aswell as Starcraft 2 and Left 4 Dead.

I think PC gamers are getting their share. ;)

slickchris7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slickchris7777
Member since 2005 • 1610 Posts
I forbid my PC from attending e3, it's staying right here.
TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TeamR
Member since 2002 • 1817 Posts

The absence of PC games goes along with the absence of a lot of other things at the show. E3 drew 70,000 people a couple of years ago. But big companies balked at the costs and downsized the show to a gaming press event. Now with just a few thousand attendees, the show is much more focused. That leaves some nostalgic.

Separate from the issue of PC versus console games, a number of companies have pulled out of the Entertainment Software Association that sponsors the show, including Activision, LucasArts, Vivendi, id Software and Crave Entertainment. Some of the companies will either still be at the show or show off games nearby.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/06/26/dont-expect-to-see-many-pc-games-at-upcoming-e3-game-show/

E3 aint what it used to be

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

As long as the games keep coming, I don't really care where the developers drink their expensive booze.

Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kirlok
Member since 2008 • 2061 Posts

Poor hermitsGazzaB

no u di'int!

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts
I'd like to take my PC but Im not allowed in :cry:
Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts

I'd like to take my PC but Im not allowed in :cry:sparkypants

mine too BAAAAAAH

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

E3 is mostley a console show.

PC gaming has never had a big presence there and never will.

Hence the two platforms being entirely separate.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
For the PC, E3 is becoming more and more irrelevent to what's going on. In fact, E3 is becoming less and less relevent to gaming in general. Notice this comment from the article:

"The absence of PC games goes along with the absence of a lot of other things at the show. E3 drew 70,000 people a couple of years ago. But big companies balked at the costs and downsized the show to a gaming press event. Now with just a few thousand attendees, the show is much more focused."

I see more an industry wide trend here, with PC developers (traditionally the smallest and least centralised) being the first to jump ship. It certainly doesn't represent a decline in PC gaming (which the article itself labours to confirm).

I mean, Blizzard's recent invitational (which isn't even their biggest of the year, that's Blizzcon in October) is currently grabbing headlines despite E3 only being about 2 weeks away.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

-GhostMLD-

M$ is devoting time. BECAUSE THEY MAKE THE OPERATING SYSTEMS !!!!! so, for them not to put time into it would be absurd.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TeamR
Member since 2002 • 1817 Posts

I see more an industry wide trend here, with PC developers (traditionally the smallest and least centralised) being the first to jump ship. It certainly doesn't represent a decline in PC gaming (which the article itself labours to confirm).

Danm_999

PC companies are hardly the first to jump ship from E3. Theres been a slew of companieswho have decided not to attend this year. Some big console companies were the first to jump

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Hey, you've always got EA...
NerdMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NerdMan
Member since 2002 • 2749 Posts
Who need E3 when you've got DIABLO III announced at the Blizzard WWI!!!!!
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts

check it out. what are your thoughts? I think it would be helpful if you knew which games were on the horizon and also it helps to see new footage but Consoles seem to overshadow PC at this event from what the article is saying.

unknowndrk
this writer is bysis and e3 is a joke!!
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
Hey, you've always got EA...EuroMafia
Blah with EA, we have GC2008 :) And we will dominate it just like we dominated every E3 in the decade before the show was downscaled :)
lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
They don't have time for it. Developers are too busy making epic games like Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, Guild Wars 2, Spore, etc...
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

what did you expect from a dying system????

[spoiler] just messing with hermits. dont kill me [/spoiler]

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts

-GhostMLD-

PC gamers dont need owners, we know how to handle ourselves, unlike you brainless consolite
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
As long as I have Left 4 Dead and HL2: Episode 3, I'm happy.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
PC gaming =/= console gaming. The only people who don't realize this are the hermits who troll our forums rather than posting on pcgamer.com or some other site dedicated to pc gaming.
lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

PC gaming =/= console gaming. The only people who don't realize this are the hermits who troll our forums rather than posting on pcgamer.com or some other site dedicated to pc gaming.Senor_Kami

If I were you, I'd stop posting in System Wars and limit myself to post in Console Wars.

1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

PC gaming =/= console gaming. The only people who don't realize this are the hermits who troll our forums rather than posting on pcgamer.com or some other site dedicated to pc gaming.Senor_Kami

I'm sorry, I didn't realise this was YOUR forum, and I didn't realise this forum was dedicated to just console gamers. :roll: My mistake.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17847 Posts
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

Zoso-8

Hit the nail on the head.

thats not entirely fair imho. MS used to be one of the great PC publishers and if we had that kind fo support form them then id be chuffed. if they made games exclusivesy for windows then id be behind them.

but MSs e3 presentation will probably have a cheap 15 mins at the end quoting some figures and showing some 3rd party stuff like kung fu panda at e3 and the rest will be 360 focused.

thats not good enough...in fact that outright pathetic. it would make nintendos e3 show last year look spectacular. if MS, sony or nintendo treated their consoles they way MS has treated games for windows....there would be nothing short of a civil war among the platforms supporters (on dinternet of course....though some might take to the streets...but they have other issues :P). seriously....sonys e3 at 06 is far better than MSs support as far as the PC is concerned.

think about it..an e3 with no games announced....no exclusives....could u imagine that happening on a console at e3?

if MS take PC gaming seriously then id be fully behind them (id certainly love a new freelancer). but this would mean exclusives....promotion across the board like the gears marketing campaign.....working with all other companies involved in PC gaming to inform users about PC gaming and what ti can do.

what there doing now is cheap lip service. they spent millions on games for windows marketing. they spent a billion on a warranty for the 360. there support for the PC is downright, completly and utterly pathetic accross the board. they have completly failed to argue why ppl should choose the PC as their gaming platform instead of a console. they have released 1 game (flight sim) as a PC exclusive in the last few years.

so yea....its support that would make sega look like business geniouses during the DC days. i cant think of another word for it but pathetic. i hope it changes mind but, as long as theres a conflict of interest between the PC and 360 inside MS, i dont see it happening.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]PC gaming =/= console gaming. The only people who don't realize this are the hermits who troll our forums rather than posting on pcgamer.com or some other site dedicated to pc gaming.1carus

I'm sorry, I didn't realise this was YOUR forum, and I didn't realise this forum was dedicated to just console gamers. :roll: My mistake.

But nobody listens to you guys here. Nobody even makes post about PC games unless its you all. Why wouldn't you goto a forum thats actually 100% for PC games and PC gaming if you want to have good conversations about PC gaming? Why would you come to a site where PC gaming is barely covered and is clearly focused on consoles? Isn't that a waste of time... unless you like trolling console gamers?