PC and Wii are Enough?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

I am a nintendo fan, console-wise. However, I think the PC is the best gaming system. Therefore, I will spend my cash buying/upgrading a mighty PC rather than a PS3 or an XBOX360. The PC will win in terms of Graphics and many of the hyped games for the two systems are coming on it. However, every now and then I want some of the unique console experience.

My theory is, if I get a Wii, I might have a cheap console with very nice games. However, where are the freaking games? I still like Zelda, but it no longer is a must buy for me. Super Smash Bros Brawl, Fire Emblem, and Metroid Prime 3 might be, but I won't buy a system for a few good games. And many of the other popular games are just party games. The 3rd party support is better than the GameCube (which was a disappointment for myself and my wallet), but the 3rd party support is all about lazy ass ports or minigames. So many minigames are coming out, they are fun, but where are the games that are epic and absorbing. Where is the creativity of Nintendo? It seems they are focusing on bringing as many half games and minigames as possible, which sucks (No I'm not looking for a Mario Party game, WarioWare should be enough).

I understand that the developers didn't jumb on the Wii bandwagon until after launch, but where the hell are the announcements then? It seems the PS3 and Xbox are getting really cool franchises like Winning Eleven and RE 5 and God of War. The thing is, it seems like game companies still view the Wii as a kiddy console(not an all-gamers' console as many of you would suggest), that's why Konami develops childish character games for it, rather than a Metal Gear game. That's why SquareEnix is not releasing a real Final Fantasy game for it (I hate final Final Fantasy but XII was a great game). Nintendo says the system will be for everybody, but they have nothing yet for the core gamers. I mean playing Mario games is becoming embarrasing no matter how fun it is. And before you give me the argument that how the characters look doesn't matter, imagine how crappy metroid would be if they made Samus a super deformed heroine and the space pirates as cute looking banana-throwing monkeys with sparkling eyes.

I am not a fan of Playstation games(aside from Shadow of the Coloussus, God of War and Resident Evil). So I won't buy one, nor will I buy an Xbox as I like the type of games even less. Therefor, my PC is fine for now, I hope to hear better news about the Wii in terms of better games, before I decide I want one.

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
Wii is the pure definition of gaming.....PC gaming on the other hand just fails at life.......miserably. 
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Wii is the pure definition of gaming.....PC gaming on the other hand just fails at life.......miserably. XenoNinja
Didn't you say Super Mario Galaxy will look better than Crysis in another thread?

To the TC, yes, I would say PC and Wii are enough, as they quite well represent the opposite ends of the spectrum of gaming, and between them you can get most of the big titles, since a lot of 360 games come along to the PC. I also believe, based on the Wiimote, the most innovative titles will be coming from the Wii and PC this generation.

However, there are always a few Sony exclusive titles I loathe missing (MGS, Final Fantasy), but with the price of the PS3, there's little that can be done.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts
regarding the wii.....its in its dead period that all consoles suffer from after launch. the PS3 isnt exactly getting top quality week after week and the 360 got zip after launch until oblivion arrived which was april/may i think. so at the mo its running on the strength of the virtual console. expect alot of announcements around e3 time (or whatever has replaced e3). hold off till then if ure having doubts.
muscrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 muscrat_01
Member since 2005 • 3592 Posts
Well its a good console to have with your PC, as it offers games that simply wouldent be on PC :P

A very good combo - My Cuz went with a Gaming PC + Wii aswell.

Oh BTW you can use your Wiimote on your PC to boot!

I personally are going for a 'next gen' console + PC combo - preferably the PS3 - but i`ll wait and see....
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Just PC alone is enough really.

muscrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 muscrat_01
regarding the wii.....its in its dead period that all consoles suffer from after launch. the PS3 isnt exactly getting top quality week after week and the 360 got zip after launch until oblivion arrived which was april/may i think. so at the mo its running on the strength of the virtual console. expect alot of announcements around e3 time (or whatever has replaced e3). hold off till then if ure having doubts.osan0
Yea I agree.

Both the PS3 and Wii are in a dead period. Hell every console and handheld has had one!

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
regarding the wii.....its in its dead period that all consoles suffer from after launch. the PS3 isnt exactly getting top quality week after week and the 360 got zip after launch until oblivion arrived which was april/may i think. so at the mo its running on the strength of the virtual console. expect alot of announcements around e3 time (or whatever has replaced e3). hold off till then if ure having doubts.osan0
I guess what you guys said makes sense, I'll wait then.
zaigham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zaigham
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts
Wii is the pure definition of gaming.....PC gaming on the other hand just fails at life.......miserably. XenoNinja
Wii is the pure definition of gaming for Nintendo fans. XBOX360 is the pure definition of gaming for XBOX fans. PS3 is the pure definition of gaming for Playstation fans. Only the fanboys like you fail at life with such miserable and pathetic comments.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
-_- there's lots of games coming to Wii, but none seems to be in your taste. that's not Nintendo's or the 3rd developers problem.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts

Submarine Sims ROFL.

On a serious note though, PC gaming owns because of CS1.6 alone.
muscrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 muscrat_01
-_- there's lots of games coming to Wii, but none seems to be in your taste. that's not Nintendo's or the 3rd developers problem.SuzumeCake
It all depends.

I have a strong taste for hardcore shooters like Operation Flashpoint, SWAT 4, RTSs like Ground Control, Pazers and Simulators e.g. IL2 Sturmovik but..............
I really like Katamari Damacy, GitarooMan, Phoenix Wright and Elite Beat agents :P

You never really know until you have played the games.

You could be a die hard PC gamer, and then pick up the Wii and love it. Who knows ;)
Elegrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Elegrand
Member since 2004 • 503 Posts
I'm heading down the PCWii combo myself. I think it works well because I have the PC for my graphical, "hardcore" games, while I can still use the Wii to play maybe shorter games, or the exclusives. I have a feeling Wii will get a lot of exclusive stuff just because of the controller that I don't want to miss out on.
King_Of_Spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 King_Of_Spam
Member since 2006 • 1263 Posts
A wii is enough. :D