PC and Consoles on an even playing field?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I did build a gaming PC recently.....but I still really don't see any games worth purchasing on the PC that aren't available on consoles. The games are underwhelming.

we get it, you like shallow blockbuster games with little to no cooperative or competitive value.... and same old same old.

Built a gaming PC... didn't like any games... then why do it in the first place.

Such butt hurt man. Shallow blockbusters? No I just happen to like good games. I just don't really see any for computers that aren't available elsewhere. But hey.....whatever you need to tell yourself to stop from crying. Maybe you can save up and buy some consoles and not be so bitter.

You like good shallow games... what is that second sentence in proper English?

PC, PS4, VITA owner here... where are these good console games "that I can't get elsewhere"?

Don't tell me, Infamous Second Son .... that throw away title after 2 days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@7mdma said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Not gonna be even until pc starts gettting some goty exclusives and stops missing out on the biggest titles of the generation.

Consoles always win.

You've just proved my point. The only argument for console over PC is a handful of critically acclaimed exclusives (which lack replayability btw) so basically NG games (Uncharted 2 and TLOU). I'm sure we all know the sublime proper version of GTA V is releasing later this year on PC. Everywhere else it's a wash in every respect. I'm not really sure about the big Xbox/Wii exclusives but you can play the likes of Mario Galaxy 2 on your PC as well as earlier generation console titles and Gears of War/Halo Evolved. The AAA blockbuster exclusives on those platforms are later versions of those games (rehashes and sequels.) I can definetely see Sony having the edge over the other console platforms though- more, better exclusives and IP.

Its quite funny isn't it... PC Gamers hyepe graphically impressive games when they are actually interesting (E.G Crysis 1, Star Citizen) .... console gamers claim not to be graphics whores.

Yet most of their critically acclaimed titles are all about the graphics..... and do not focus on gameplay. (minus nintendo... and some exceptions like demon souls/little big planet) ...

Look at infamous second son... it had no legs on the sales charts even, just upfront tech-demo wanting graphics whores. meanwhile, games like Titanfall are mocked for their graphics... yet are still near the top of charts on a monthly basis... and played by alot more people.

Killzone.... Infamous.... Uncharted..... Last of Us..... Resistance..... 5 graphic whoring franchises that don't excel at gameplay in their genre... god of war went drastically down hill as well.

Where are these amazing GAMES cows? metal gear solid is no longer yours. Final fantasy is no longer yours.... kingdom hearts.... just first party graphic whoring studios with no longetivity.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@ladyblue said:

Theres nothing appealing about pc gaming to me. A bunch of rts games, and indies(not meant as a negative, I like indies) that will more than likely appear on consoles.

Don't forget about consoles having better exclusives.

90%+ of games are on every platform, and those games are cheaper - sometimes dramatically so - and look better on PC. They also have more control options. And many of the 'indie' games you enjoy probably were originally released on PC first. You also have access to a library of games dating back 20+ years. So I disagree.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@7mdma said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Not gonna be even until pc starts gettting some goty exclusives and stops missing out on the biggest titles of the generation.

Consoles always win.

You've just proved my point. The only argument for console over PC is a handful of critically acclaimed exclusives (which lack replayability btw) so basically NG games (Uncharted 2 and TLOU). I'm sure we all know the sublime proper version of GTA V is releasing later this year on PC. Everywhere else it's a wash in every respect. I'm not really sure about the big Xbox/Wii exclusives but you can play the likes of Mario Galaxy 2 on your PC as well as earlier generation console titles and Gears of War/Halo Evolved. The AAA blockbuster exclusives on those platforms are later versions of those games (rehashes and sequels.) I can definetely see Sony having the edge over the other console platforms though- more, better exclusives and IP.

Its quite funny isn't it... PC Gamers hyepe graphically impressive games when they are actually interesting (E.G Crysis 1, Star Citizen) .... console gamers claim not to be graphics whores.

Yet most of their critically acclaimed titles are all about the graphics..... and do not focus on gameplay. (minus nintendo... and some exceptions like demon souls/little big planet) ...

Look at infamous second son... it had no legs on the sales charts even, just upfront tech-demo wanting graphics whores. meanwhile, games like Titanfall are mocked for their graphics... yet are still near the top of charts on a monthly basis... and played by alot more people.

Killzone.... Infamous.... Uncharted..... Last of Us..... Resistance..... 5 graphic whoring franchises that don't excel at gameplay in their genre... god of war went drastically down hill as well.

Where are these amazing GAMES cows? metal gear solid is no longer yours. Final fantasy is no longer yours.... kingdom hearts.... just first party graphic whoring studios with no longetivity.

Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Deus Ex, Diablo, Metro, The Witcher, all no longer yours, hermits.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@7mdma said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Consoles always win.

Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Deus Ex, Diablo, Metro, The Witcher, all no longer yours, hermits.

Pretty sure I cna play fallout, Elderscrolls, Deus Ex, Diablo, Witcher, MEtro on my PC.... Not only that but I cna play MORE games in those franchises than any console gamer. AND every single one of those games looks, runs, and plays better on PC.

Happy to share our games with you console gamers, I know you guys have basically nothing without PC franchises. Plus we hate it when you start port begging for all them cool PC games ;)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Pretty sure I cna play fallout, Elderscrolls, Deus Ex, Diablo, Witcher, MEtro on my PC.... Not only that but I cna play MORE games in those franchises than any console gamer.

Never said you couldn't. That hermit was talking about all the lost Sony exclusives, but it looks like PC has lost even more of them.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Pretty sure I cna play fallout, Elderscrolls, Deus Ex, Diablo, Witcher, MEtro on my PC.... Not only that but I cna play MORE games in those franchises than any console gamer.

Never said you couldn't. That hermit was talking about all the lost Sony exclusives, but it looks like PC has lost even more of them.

That's because the PC has a LOT, as in hundreds more exclusives than a PS3. It's just a matter of numbers.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@7mdma said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Consoles always win.

But you have to play those on console with crappy graphics/gimped settings/low draw distance and laggy FPS.

Have you seen the difference between modded Elder Scrolls/Fallout on PC and what it's like on console? Or the Witcher 2 for that matter? Or just about any multi-plat game ever (95 % of upcoming games too.)

I really dont see the point in bragging about playing compromised games. If I was you I'd stick to the GOTY argument and keep hyping the likes of TLOU/Uncharted 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Bigboi500 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@7mdma said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Consoles always win.

... the first three were no longer ours like 8 years ago... still.. all three of them are HIGHLY enchanced with mods... meanwhile your versiosn struggled to run on medium.

Diablo ... oh you mean that local co-op only "controller version" lmao.... hokay.

Metro... linear graphic whoring shooter/horror game? yup sounds like a consolites dream... enjoy.

The witcher poorper version.

still have many more A+ exclusives, sorry peasant.

KEY DIFFERENCE: PC has many MANY more titles to lose.... now all the consoles have is a small list of first party titles to fall back on, most of which are graphic whoring shallow shooters! such depth... such value... wow.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

"better" is subjective, while some may think console exclusives are "better", maybe I think console exclusives are garbage or "movies"

maybe consoles aren't worth it for me because i don't want to pay 60 dollars for a 4 hour movie with another copy-paste team deathmatch

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I probably just stick to the PC as I prefer muli-plats such as Batman and I prefer to play them at their best.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Apart from Nintendos' consoles, the consoles just arent what they used to be. They are wannabe PCs now and better exclusives is an ignorant excuse based on availability to the individual user.

Games on PC dont receive the amount of marketing console games get as games for PC pretty much advertise themselves to their respective audience via popular networks like Youtube, Origin and Steam. You very rarely see PC games advertised on TV. Exclusives on consoles are few and far between and the ones that are actually worth owning a console for are even fewer. Console gamers are told whats good and what to buy by advertising hype. Exclusives get more attention because these games are used as ammunition against the opposing systems. "Buh but your console doesnt have Halo! Mah exclusives!"

PCs main advantages for PC gaming are; more games, more high scoring games, more genres of games, more original games, better graphics, better performance, customized experiences, better multi platform games and mods. The remaining few advantages of owning a console are almost all exclusive to Nintendos' platform. Its something most "console gamers" turned their back on in favor of a more PC like gaming experience offered by the Microsoft and Sony platforms.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts
@donalbane said:

@ladyblue said:

Theres nothing appealing about pc gaming to me. A bunch of rts games, and indies(not meant as a negative, I like indies) that will more than likely appear on consoles.

90%+ of games are on every platform, and those games are cheaper - sometimes dramatically so - and look better on PC. They also have more control options. And many of the 'indie' games you enjoy probably were originally released on PC first. You also have access to a library of games dating back 20+ years. So I disagree.

Disagree all you want, but as long as it doesn't offer any of the games I care about it will continue being unappealing to me.

Zelda , Mario, MK, Smash, Puppeteer, Pokemon, Uncharted, TLOU, Heavenly Sword, Fire Emblem, Metroid, GOW..... I could go on, but you get the point.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@donalbane said:

@ladyblue said:

Disagree all you want, but as long as it doesn't offer any of the games I care about it will continue being unappealing to me.

Zelda , Mario, MK, Smash, Puppeteer, Pokemon, Uncharted, TLOU, Heavenly Sword, Fire Emblem, Metroid, GOW..... I could go on, but you get the point.

Called it

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lostrib

@wis3boi said:

Nope

r/pcmasterrace?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Need consoles to play the best games the industry has to offer.

This.

Hermits are delusional trying to pass off their hyped games on the same level the top games from consoles. It's not even close. The best games of the industry are either multiplat or console exclusive.

PC seldom if ever gets high quality titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives and this is proven as a fact by over the all critical reception they receive across the industry.

I am not relying on the loudest mouths of fanboys (hermits, or consoliets to prove this...Hermits being worst) screaming their games are the best. The one thing I will give to PC is that it does get more games then consoles, but when talking about the best games it's consoles or bust.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi said:

Nope

r/pcmasterrace?

hail, brother

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I don't have to chose since I own both but if I had to I'd go with consoles. Consoles have better exclusives and other than some shooters and Sims I prefer playing most of my games on consoles.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

This.

Hermits are delusional trying to pass off their hyped games on the same level the top games from consoles. It's not even close. The best games of the industry are either multiplat or console exclusive.

PC seldom if ever gets high quality titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives and this is proven as a fact by over the all critical reception they receive across the industry.

I am not relying on the loudest mouths of fanboys (hermits, or consoliets to prove this...Hermits being worst) screaming their games are the best. The one thing I will give to PC is that it does get more games then consoles, but when talking about the best games it's consoles or bust.

Make up your mind!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

This.

Make up your mind!

Mutiplat = available to play on both PC and consoles or are only available on consoles leaving out PC

Exclusives = only available on one platform

If a game is mutiplat it's not an advantage for either PC or consoles, exclusives games are. I said the best games of the industry are either multiplats or console exclusive.

If that confuses you then there is just no help for you.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LadyBlue

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@donalbane said:

@ladyblue said:

Called it

Called what? You seem to take offense with anyone that doesn't agree with your way of thinking. Whats wrong with what I said? strike that. What's your problem now?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

nah the playing field is totally uneven, furthermore there are a bunch of compromises, and sometimes the results of these compromises can be down to personal preferences (eg collecting game discs).

as for the games, well i've got no inclination to buy a next gen console yet, because none of the next gen exclusives appeal.

my next big purchase is very likely to be a GPU rather than a next gen console.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lostrib

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@donalbane said:

@ladyblue said:

Called it

Called what? You seem to take offense with anyone that doesn't agree with your way of thinking. Whats wrong with what I said? strike that. What's your problem now?

Lol, I said that this thread would just be a bunch of people arguing about personal opinions

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

This.

Make up your mind!

Mutiplat = available to play on both PC and consoles or are only available on consoles leaving out PC

If a game is mutiplat it's not an advantage for either PC or consoles, exclusives games are. I said the best games of the industry are either multiplats or console exclusive.

"Mutiplat = available to play on both PC and consoles"

"The best games of the industry are either multiplat"

"PC seldom if ever gets high quality titles"

There's a problem here

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By LadyBlue

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@donalbane said:

@ladyblue said:

Called it

Lol, I said that this thread would just be a bunch of people arguing about personal opinions

This is a forum, people will have different opinions. I'm not saying his is wrong or that mine is right, only that I don't care for what pc offers. Which is why(to me) consoles offer the better gaming experience.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

How can pc be equal with consoles on games ??

Pc has bc giving you access to thousands of games.

Pc has emulation for every console up to the wii 1080p 60fps or better. No Hd remake bullshit.

Pc has mods nuff said

Pc has the best online gaming for free with servers that stay up unlike console that turn off when new games come out.

Pc has the most exclusives and AAA/AA games period.

All this plus graphics/sound/kbam/gamepads and your not stuck with the same tech for 7 or 8 years. While consoles struggle to do 1080p 60fps pc is moving to 4k. You want to know what the next gen consoles will be just game on a high end pc today. It goes without saying that pc only does everything also. That bullshit xflop TV service is free on pc and you can use h.265 or vp9 right now. The list goes on and on.

On pc you decide what you want not some megacorp. Like MS or Sony turning off mp3 support so you can buy their music services for example. Consolites wake up the choice is clear more than ever PC is where its at. Sure I bought a ps4 for future exclusives but that is about it. Everything else I could ever want or need is on the mighty pc. Oh FYI games cost LESSSSSSS $AVES me money !!!

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@elkoldo said:

Naughty Dog , Quantic Dream, Remedy , and apparently Rockstar make games only for consoles.That means , screw the PC !

Where'd you get such a stupid idea from?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

PC

Cheap games.

free online.

Hardware is cheaper than ever before that comes with great gaming performance.

Steam is the best thing ever since slice of bread.

GabeN is love, GabeN is life.

Consoles

Microtransactions

pay-to-win

1080p wars

low-mid range specs.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

This.

Make up your mind!

There's a problem here

No problem really, I just left out one word from that sentence which should have been implied to anyone who even had decent reading comprehension. By reading the rest of the sentence from what you quoted it's obvious what I am referring to but I will simply insert if for you so can stop trying to make an argument out of it.

"PC seldom if ever gets high quality EXCLUSIVE titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives"

Hope that clears up any confusion you may have had. Feel free to disagree and I will reply accordingly.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

There's a problem here

No problem really, I just left out one word from that sentence which should have been implied to anyone who even had decent reading comprehension. By reading the rest of the sentence from what you quoted it's obvious what I am referring to but I will simply insert if for you so can stop trying to make an argument out of it.

"PC seldom if ever gets high quality EXCLUSIVE titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives"

Hope that clears up any confusion you may have had. Feel free to disagree and I will reply accordingly.

Actually it's not obvious at all. It's not my fault you can't properly explain your point of view

Better luck next time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

This.

Make up your mind!

There's a problem here

Quality in what way? games like DoTA/League of Legends have far bigger impact on the industry than f*kin last of us....

ofcourse not in narrow-minded peasant eyes with thrivilous awards for graphics are of highest priority.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

yes

there isn't a unified approach to PC gaming which supports financing of 'high profile' exclusives in order to generate desire for the platform.

but that's PC, on consoles you've got overseer companies, and surely one of the jobs of a console manufacturer is to create desire for their platform through the release of exclusive games?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

PC seldom if ever gets high quality titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives and this is proven as a fact by over the all critical reception

http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

PC had more aaa/aaE exclusives than all 3 consoles combined both this gen and last gen. Steam, Dota2, WoW, LOL has more players than any console game or service, how is that not high profile enough for you?

But for some reason they don't count because they didn't have commercials during NBA matches and BET awards.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kinectthedots

@MBirdy88 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

This.

Make up your mind!

There's a problem here

Quality in what way? games like DoTA/League of Legends have far bigger impact on the industry than f*kin last of us....

ofcourse not in narrow-minded peasant eyes with thrivilous awards for graphics are of highest priority.

Impact on the industry? Well if you want to change the argument and run with this new one I don't think you will be able to make a very good rally because nothing in recent times has had a bigger impact on the industry than when PS2, wii and recently PS4 hit the market.

Nice try on switching gears but you fail. No back to the original argument if you don't have any more unsupported fanboy out cries.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Impact on the industry? Well if you want to change the argument and run with this new one I don't think you will be able to make a very good rally because nothing in recent times has had a bigger impact on the industry than when PS2, wii and recently PS4 hit the market.

Nice try on switching gears but you fail. No back to the original argument if you don't have any more unsupported fanboy out cries.

But your original argument makes no sense

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By kinectthedots

Best games of the industry (AAA titles) last gen starting from 2005 (Year 360 was released) til now. This will be borke down into PC exclusive, console exclusive or console only or multiplat on PC and consoles.

*note handheld and smartphone/tablets were not included, either collection or single games listed no duplicates, list highest score from multiplat versions of games*

MULTIPLATS FOR PC and CONSOLES:

BioShock 9.6

The Orange Box 9.6

Batman: Arkham City 9.6

Resident Evil 4 9.6

Mass Effect 2 9.6

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 9.6

Portal 2 9.5

BioShock Infinite 9.4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 9.4

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 9.4

The Elder Scrolls iV: Skyrim 9.4

Gears of War 9.4

Street Fighter IV 9.4

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 9.4

The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series 9.4

Braid 9.3

Minecraft 9.3

Fallout 3 9.3

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 9.3

Dark Souls II 9.2

Rayman Origins 9.2

Rayman Legends 9.2

Dishonored 9.1

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut 9.1

FIFA Soccer 10 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.1

Borderlands 2 9.1

Crysis 9.1

Mass Effect 9.1

Fez 9.1

Dragon Age: Origins 9.1

Mark of the Ninja 9.1

Far Cry 3 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.0

NBA 2K12 9.0

Half-Life 2 9.0

World of Goo 9.5

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned 9.0

FIFA Soccer 12 9.0

Portal: 9.0

LIMBO 9.0

NBA 2K13 9.0

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 9.0

Spelunky 9.0

Mass Effect 3: Citadel 9.0

Super Meat Boy 9.0

Dead Space 2 9.0

XCOM: Enemy Unknown 9.0

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 9.0

FIFA Soccer 13 9.0

TOTAL: 50

PC EXCLUSIVES:

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 (PC) 9.6

Diablo (PC) 9.4

Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC) 9.4

Company of Heroes (PC) 9.3

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC) 9.3

Team Fortress 2 (PC) 9.2

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor (PC) 9.2

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC) 9.1

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC) 9.1

Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar (PC) 9.1

Battlefield 2 (PC) 9.1

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (PC) 9.0

F.E.A.R. Combat (PC) 9.0

Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC) 9.0

Silent Hunter III (PC) 9.0

Sid Meier's Civilization V (PC) 9.0

Falcon 4.0: Allied Force (PC) 9.0

Dota 2 (PC) 9.0

Guild Wars 2 (PC) 9.0

GTR 2 (PC) 9.0

Total War: Shogun 2 (PC) 9.0

Empire: Total War (PC) 9.0

TOTAL:20

CONSOLE EXCLUSIVES OR CONSOLE ONLY:

Super Mario Galaxy (WII) 9.7

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (WII) 9.7

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3/360) 9.7

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) 9.6

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 9.6

LittleBigPlanet (PS3) 9.6

The Last of Us (PS3) 9.5

Red Dead Redemption (X360/PS3) 9.5

Halo 3 9.4

Ninja Gaiden Black (XBOX) 9.4

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2) 9.4

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) 9.4

God of War (PS2) 9.4

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (WII) 9.3

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (X360/PS3) 9.3

God of War II (PS2) 9.3

Super Mario 3D World (WIIU) 9.3

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (PS3) 9.3

Okami (PS2) 9.3

Gears of War 2 (X360) 9.3

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (WII) 9.3

God of War III (PS3) 9.2

Guitar Hero II (X360/PS2) 9.2

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) 9.2

Rock Band (X360/PS3/PS2) 9.2

Rock Band 2 (WII/PS2/PS3/360) 9.2

Forza Motorsport (XBOX) 9.2

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) 9.2

Forza Motorsport 3 (X360) 9.2

Journey (PS3) 9.2

Xenoblade Chronicles (WII) 9.2

The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3) 9.2

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3) 9.1

Guitar Hero (PS2) 9.1

Rock Band 3 (WII/PS3/360) 9.1

Metroid Prime Trilogy (WII) 9.1

Peggle (PS3/360) 9.1

MLB 10: The Show (PS3) 9.1

Halo: Reach (X360) 9.1

Forza Motorsport 4 (X360) 9.1

Gears of War 3 (X360) 9.1

Killzone 2 (PS3) 9.1

World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 International (PS2) 9.1

flower (PS4) 9.1

Trials Evolution (X360) 9.0

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (WIIU) 9.0

MLB 11: The Show (PS3) 9.0

Burnout Revenge (PS2/360) 9.0

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2) 9.0

MLB 09: The Show (PS3) 9.0

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 (X360) 9.0

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (WII) 9.0

Forza Motorsport 2 (X360) 9.0

TOTAL:53

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?sort=desc

Let the crying and excuses from hermits begin...

This should stop all the hermit screaming about having the best games but I probably wont but at least we know the score and can el oh el at herms when screaming they have the best games. Basically if RTS/MMO are your favorite genres then PC is the best for you other wise consoles offer the most diverse high quality (AAA level) game experiences in a generation.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kinectthedots

@Jankarcop said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

PC seldom if ever gets high quality titles on the same level as high profile console exclusives and this is proven as a fact by over the all critical reception

PC had more aaa/aaE exclusives than all 3 consoles combined both this gen and last gen. Steam, Dota2, WoW, LOL has more players than any console game or service, how is that not high profile enough for you?

But for some reason they don't count because they didn't have commercials during NBA matches and BET awards.

Dota2, WoW and LoL are high profile games, but hermits always brag about having the most among the best compared to consoles and that is not true.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

Best games of the industry (AAA titles) last gen starting from 2005 (Year 360 was released) til now. This will be borke down into PC exclusive, console exclusive or console only or multiplat on PC and consoles.

*note handheld and smartphone/tablets were not included, either collection or single games listed no duplicates, list highest score from multiplat versions of games*

BioShock 9.6

The Orange Box 9.6

Resident Evil 4 9.6

Mass Effect 2 9.6

Portal 2 9.5

BioShock Infinite 9.4

Gears of War 9.4

Street Fighter IV 9.4

Braid 9.3

Minecraft 9.3

Fallout 3 9.3

Dark Souls II 9.2

Rayman Origins 9.2

Rayman Legends 9.2

Dishonored 9.1

FIFA Soccer 10 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.1

Borderlands 2 9.1

Crysis 9.1

Mass Effect 9.1

Fez 9.1

Mark of the Ninja 9.1

Far Cry 3 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.0

NBA 2K12 9.0

Half-Life 2 9.0

World of Goo 9.5

FIFA Soccer 12 9.0

LIMBO 9.0

NBA 2K13 9.0

Spelunky 9.0

Super Meat Boy 9.0

Dead Space 2 9.0

FIFA Soccer 13 9.0

PC EXCLUSIVES:

Diablo (PC) 9.4

Team Fortress 2 (PC) 9.2

Battlefield 2 (PC) 9.1

F.E.A.R. Combat (PC) 9.0

Dota 2 (PC) 9.0

Guild Wars 2 (PC) 9.0

GTR 2 (PC) 9.0

The Last of Us (PS3) 9.5

Halo 3 9.4

God of War (PS2) 9.4

God of War II (PS2) 9.3

Okami (PS2) 9.3

God of War III (PS3) 9.2

Journey (PS3) 9.2

Guitar Hero (PS2) 9.1

Peggle (PS3/360) 9.1

Killzone 2 (PS3) 9.1

flower (PS4) 9.1

This should stop all the hermit screaming about having the best games but I probably wont but at least we know the score and can el oh el at herms when screaming they have the best games. Basically if RTS/MMO are your favorite genres then PC is the best for you other wise consoles offer the most diverse high quality (AAA level) game experiences in a generation.

You really seem to be the only one crying

Also, on SW AA/AAA is determined by GS score not metacritic

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jankarcop

You just pit 4 consoles vs PC and only used AAA :|

You can't be this stupid. PC is first place every gen.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jankarcop

@kinectthedots said:

@Jankarcop said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

Dota2, WoW and LoL are high profile games, but hermits always brag about having the most among the best compared to consoles and that is not true.

No single console has more aaa+aa than PC any gen. Exclusive or total. First place ftw.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 no-scope-AK47

LMAO consolites need to add the ps2/GC/xbox/ps3/x360 up to get more exclusives and some of the games listed are not exclusives on console and/or can be played in 1080p or better using emulation with mods. Just sad really peasants also forgot that the multiplats even if they are on console the mighty pc has the best version. No matter how you damage control pc got the games.

Loading Video...

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

BioShock 9.6

The Orange Box 9.6

Resident Evil 4 9.6

Mass Effect 2 9.6

Portal 2 9.5

BioShock Infinite 9.4

Gears of War 9.4

Street Fighter IV 9.4

Braid 9.3

Minecraft 9.3

Fallout 3 9.3

Dark Souls II 9.2

Rayman Origins 9.2

Rayman Legends 9.2

Dishonored 9.1

FIFA Soccer 10 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.1

Borderlands 2 9.1

Crysis 9.1

Mass Effect 9.1

Fez 9.1

Mark of the Ninja 9.1

Far Cry 3 9.1

Assassin's Creed II 9.0

NBA 2K12 9.0

Half-Life 2 9.0

World of Goo 9.5

FIFA Soccer 12 9.0

LIMBO 9.0

NBA 2K13 9.0

Spelunky 9.0

Super Meat Boy 9.0

Dead Space 2 9.0

FIFA Soccer 13 9.0

PC EXCLUSIVES:

Diablo (PC) 9.4

Team Fortress 2 (PC) 9.2

Battlefield 2 (PC) 9.1

F.E.A.R. Combat (PC) 9.0

Dota 2 (PC) 9.0

Guild Wars 2 (PC) 9.0

GTR 2 (PC) 9.0

The Last of Us (PS3) 9.5

Halo 3 9.4

God of War (PS2) 9.4

God of War II (PS2) 9.3

Okami (PS2) 9.3

God of War III (PS3) 9.2

Journey (PS3) 9.2

Guitar Hero (PS2) 9.1

Peggle (PS3/360) 9.1

Killzone 2 (PS3) 9.1

flower (PS4) 9.1

You really seem to be the only one crying

Also, on SW AA/AAA is determined by GS score not metacritic

No, it actually looks like you are crying and an idiot to boot.

1. I am not talking about SW meta game in my posts nor do they have anything to do with my argument here, I specifically said "best games of the industry".

2. Gamespot.com =/= industry

3. Lean to understand the context of someone's post before trying to reply with your stupidity as a counter argument.

It's no wonder why you couldn't understand what I was saying, you fail at both reading and comprehension. Sucks to be you but there is nothing I can do about that. You have to solve those issues you have on your own.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

So many console only gamers in denial about pc gaming.Get over it PC gaming offers more....... period.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By kinectthedots

@Jankarcop said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Jankarcop said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

No single console has more aaa+aa than PC any gen. Exclusive or total. First place ftw.

lol, now it's single console? I thought herms said PC >>>>>>>>>>>>> all consoles combined?

Derp that is one line of BS from hermits out the window. LMAO that backtracking and damage control. You can't be this stupid.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jankarcop

@kinectthedots said:

Don't you see the issue that you have to combine 4 consoles and not include 8.0-8.9 games in order to beat PC?

PC vs. any single console always comes out on top as first place.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Jankarcop

@kinectthedots said:

@Jankarcop said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Jankarcop said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Heil68 said:

lol, now it's single console? I thought herms said PC >>>>>>>>>>>>> all consoles combined?

Derp that is one line of BS from hermits out the window. LMAO that backtracking and damage control. You can't be this stupid.

If you count AA games yes it is better than all consoles combined. But if you including only AAA it can only beat one at a time.

AA are considered "great" both here and at MC, but some idiots don't count them.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 no-scope-AK47

I am pretty sure consolites left out AA games when they saw the pc list they shit their pants. It's simple really if you want games build a gaming pc peasants join the master race. Yet you buy a xflop and peasentstation 4 with less games SMFH ??

Then you spend 50 and 60 bucks just for online gaming. Then you spend 60 bucks on games and God knows how much on DLC and microtransactions lol for sub standard graphics and gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#100 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

They will never be on an even playing field. PCs will always have more genres and more user-created content. It will always have more control options and exclusive games with more depth - and by extension, more replay value.