Path of Exile = PC GOTY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

@the_bi99man: i am a boxing legend in jersey's underground circuit and a famous youtube star w/ thousands of fans. You are nobody compared to me.

And yet here you are, making an ass of yourself trying to act tough on the internet. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

@the_bi99man: TLOU won ps3 GOTY, moron

"multiplats and lower rated exclusives" is what I said. Learn to read, moron. Or is your head injury from boxing so severe you don't know that 9 is a higher number than 8?

Something tells me he's not too good with whole "reading and writing" thing.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

@MonsieurX: lol sony sucks, i'll agree with you on that

As much as your posts and videos.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

@Rage010101: lol, go play you little nerd game dota 2 for another 1,000 hours. Get a f*cking life, loser

Aww, I see butthurt has entered your system.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Rage010101

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

@the_bi99man: TLOU won ps3 GOTY, moron

Please learn to read, since in the same sentence he mentioned "or lower-rated exclusives". 8.0 is a decent score for TLOU, but it is a lower rated exclusive than PoE just like he stated. In otherwords, you made yourself look like an idiot who can't read yet again.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

@Rage010101: lol, go play you little nerd game dota 2 for another 1,000 hours. Get a f*cking life, loser

OK, you can cool it with the inflammatory remarks already.

And everybody else, don't fire back just to escalate the drama. Plus giving him the attention he wants.

This topic is about the accomplishment of POE, not a youtube/forum pissing match. And I'd like to keep it that way :)

Avatar image for zaire_nxtgen720
Zaire_nxtgen720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157 Zaire_nxtgen720
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

@AdobeArtist: im not here to troll, man. I'll admit i was wrong to derail this thread, im sorry.

KKFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By KKFF
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

@kkff said:

@Rage010101 said:

@kkff said:

@Rage010101 said:

@kkff said:

@lostrib said:

@kkff said:

@lostrib said:

It seems like the console fanboys/trolls care a lot more about this being PC GOTY, than PC fans do

It's funny that this is the best game PC has to offer this year

The glory days of pc gaming are long gone

Not at all, it had like 5 exclusives up for PC GOTY. Heck both the next-gen systems had a multiplat win, and PS3 only had 2 exclusives out of which TLOU was the only one people thought had a chance. PC gaming is better than ever: more games, cheaper games, better hardware, cheaper hardware.

5 terrible exclusives at that, it's laughable that path of exile is the best PC could come up with this year.

The fact that TLOU has to compete with this garbage is an insult to Naughty Dog

Man, you're so butthurt over PoE, the better game. It's not our fault you don't like that PC got more higher scoring exclusives yet again this year. Now stay mad over PC's superiority.

Hahahaha, PoE the better game LOL

You hermits with your low standards

9.0 > 8.0 last time i checked. Stay butthurt

Metacritic:

The Last of Us: 95% decided by 98 critics total > Path of Exile: 85% decided by 20 critics total last time I checked. Stay butthurt though.

TLOU is just the much better game, PC gamers can only dream about having such a quality game on their platform.

Sorry, we're on GS, and on GS TLOU is a flop and a turd compared to PoE's godly 9.0. Just accept it console kid.

Sorry Hermie, but just because I post on Gamespot doesn't mean I'm forced to go by Gamespot scores only.
Funny thing is, I can actually use whatever I like.

Let's see here:

You think having a game judged by one person is more credible than having a game judged by 98 people. Well I certaintly don't. TLOU got over fifty tens on other review websites, something your "godly" nerd game will never be able to accomplish.
You know why? Because TLOU takes a huge dump on it.

I know you will not be able to accept these facts (bubububu only GS counts for me, so it must be the same for you), but I hope you will one day realize that the glory days of PC gaming are long gone, just as I have realized it many years ago.

PS: don't be surprised if TLOU becomes GOTY here, making your "godly" nerd game even more irrelevant than it already was. Just another confirmation that TLOU is so much better.

/Hermit destroyed

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#159 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Actually im quite surprised by that, I was half expecting Gone Home or DOTA2 to walk away with PC GOTY as well as overall GOTY. Although I really liked Path of Exile im disapointed that Antichamber wasnt in the running as thats my favorite PC game this year by far.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 the_bi99man
@AdobeArtist said:
@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

And everybody else, don't fire back just to escalate the drama. Plus giving him the attention he wants.

This topic is about the accomplishment of POE, not a youtube/forum pissing match. And I'd like to keep it that way :)

Then why don't you and the rest of the mods start banning the countless troll accounts around here, which have literally never typed a single post that served any purpose other than trolling? Starting with this "zaire" dumbass.

Zaire_nxtgen720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Zaire_nxtgen720

@the_bi99man: calm down man. I've realized the error of my ways.

KKFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By KKFF
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@pelvist said:

Actually im quite surprised by that, I was half expecting Gone Home or DOTA2 to walk away with PC GOTY as well as overall GOTY. Although I really liked Path of Exile im disapointed that Antichamber wasnt in the running as thats my favorite PC game this year by far.

Gone Home is another terrible game imo. The entire house is filled with billions of notes, and there is absolutely nothing interesting written on them whatsoever. Can't believe anyone could actually think that Gone Home is a good game, let alone a OVERALL GOTY contender LOL.

The standards of Hermits have been severely lowered over the years it seems.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

@the_bi99man: I've already dealt with the situation as I see fit, and I'm asking everybody else to drop it too, so we can get the real discussion rolling again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 lostrib

@AdobeArtist said:
@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Aye aye captain. No problem

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 the_bi99man

@AdobeArtist said:

@the_bi99man: I've already dealt with the situation as I see fit, and I'm asking everybody else to drop it too, so we can get the real discussion rolling again.

Fair enough.

And to step back in the direction of the topic at hand, I'd like to mention to anyone who might be just recently getting into Path of Exile, after seeing all the positive press, that the item crafting and skill systems can be a little overwhelming and confusing at first, so feel free to post any questions you might have, and I'll try to clear things up. I've been playing since getting invited to the closed beta almost two years ago, and I'm pretty sure I have a solid grasp on how everything works. I made a thread on the PC forum for that reason last month, when the game launched on Steam. It's been dead for a while now, but here's the link, in case anyone wants to revive it and get some kind of Q&A going.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/have-you-guys-been-playing-path-of-exile-30905429/?page=1

Zaire_nxtgen720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Zaire_nxtgen720

@the_bi99man: Game looks great, cant wait to check it out !

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 the_bi99man
@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

@the_bi99man: Game looks great, cant wait to check it out !

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

lmao. PC truely does have NO GAMES, LOL.

I have a 12K PC and i would never play garbage like POE.

Yeah, trolls don't turn around in a hour. Better luck next account.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Rage010101

@kkff said:

@pelvist said:

Gone Home is another terrible game imo. The entire house is filled with billions of notes, and there is absolutely nothing interesting written on them whatsoever. Can't believe anyone could actually think that Gone Home is a good game, let alone a OVERALL GOTY contender LOL.

Sounds more like no matter how good a score a pc exclusive gets, you'll automatically reject it out of butthurt console slave feelings.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
@kkff said:

@pelvist said:

Nowhere did I say Gone Home was a good game... I actually agree it was garbage. However; thats just my opinion of it, the scores across all gaming websites are very high, which is why it wouldnt surprise me if it won overall GOTY.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#170  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

The staff, which not only seem to be completely underpowered, but also seem to have forgotten the existence of these forums in the first place, should appoint more moderators, man.

The horrid topics solely created to annoy other people, the constant flood of thoughtless juvenile as **** posts that add nothing to any disscusion, and the trolls are 90% of GS, right now. I swear i thought such shitty communities are everywhere where rules arent restrictive and enforced, but i recently checked out Giant Bomb and The Escapist forums, and they are so much better, it was baffling.

I remember how awesome and genuinely great the forums used to be wen the old, restrictive and enforced ToU was in place. Even though i was harrassed by mods on a constant basis, it was a really nice place to have cool disscussions on.

Now these forums are the anus of the gaming community, where foul shit is most of what you see. Where mostly everyone with a brain left, the seemingly non-existent rules are almost never enforced, the moderators only come once in a blue moon because there aren't enough of them, and the staff, by all intents and purposes, do not fucking exist.

Priapus10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Priapus10101
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

Happy to see PoE get some well deserved exposure. The game comprises a fantastic business model, mind boggling customisation and gameplay options, and even offers an Australian server.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#172 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58822 Posts

@priapus10101 said:

Happy to see PoE get some well deserved exposure. The game comprises a fantastic business model, mind boggling customisation and gameplay options, and even offers an Australian server.

Not really. It's just Diablo 2. Incredibly unoriginal. Pretty much nothing new to the table.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I tried the game and it just didn't catch my attention.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

Of course PC would get an exclusive as GOTY, while the consoles got multiplats as their GOTY's. lmfao TPHBFO

Why would Grand Theft Auto 5 be PCs GOTY when it isn't even on PC? lmfao

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This doesn't surprise me. Path of Exile was a good game among a TON of disappointments. PC games really underperformed this year. PC devs aren't taking the time to finish their games and are relying too much on patching and early access. Most of the games I was hyped for hand some serious issues on launch. Sure they'll be patched up but it's not an excuse for having a poor launch.

The problem I have with Path of Exile is that it's been around for more than a year. I'm getting sick of playing more betas than playing released games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By lostrib

@Peredith said:

@Rage010101 said:

Of course PC would get an exclusive as GOTY, while the consoles got multiplats as their GOTY's. lmfao TPHBFO

GTA 5 only won on one platform

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#177  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Free-to-Play Indie > all those Ultra, High-End PC gamers spending $1000s on their systems to see shiny BF4 particle effects (when the game actually works that is...)

I LOVE IT.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#178 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I downloaded it last night. For a F2P game it's REALLY good.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@x1ps4life said:

@Wasdie said:

This doesn't surprise me. Path of Exile was a good game among a TON of disappointments. PC games really underperformed this year. PC devs aren't taking the time to finish their games and are relying too much on patching and early access. Most of the games I was hyped for hand some serious issues on launch. Sure they'll be patched up but it's not an excuse for having a poor launch.

The problem I have with Path of Exile is that it's been around for more than a year. I'm getting sick of playing more betas than playing released games.

This

sad but true.

But you whats even more sad? PC was still better than consoles for 2013, tons of more aaa/aa.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#181  Edited By DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Personally I have a strong disposition towards fantasy games. However if it's as good a game as they say it is then it deserves the title. I don't think I could envision myself playing it, beyond just trying it to see what all the hype was about, but then again maybe the game isn't designed with someone like me in mind and personally I'm more then okay with that. I can always respect a game that stays true to fans of its particular genre.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#182  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@DirkXXVI said:

Personally I have a strong disposition towards fantasy games. However if it's as good a game as they say it is then it deserves the title. I don't think I could envision myself playing it, beyond just trying it to see what all the hype was about, but then again maybe the game isn't designed with someone like me in mind and personally I'm more then okay with that. I can always respect a game that stays true to fans of its particular genre.

I like the dungeon crawlers. They can tend to be fun. The fantasy also didn't seem all that heavy, though i'm 2 hours in.

I dunno about you but I feel like the game came completely out of left field.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

POE is pretty terrible, imo.

As with all loot based ARPGs, it eventually devolves into a grind fest, and grinding is how you spend the bulk of your gameplay. Initially i found POE to be pretty fun, much more fun than D3. But POE became boring alot quicker, and the item farming alot more tedious and less challenging/rewarding.

I can only imagine that the bulk of the people that really enjoyed POE never made it out of the honeymoon phase and didnt get to experience the real meat of the gameplay, as it had me longing for D3... and I didnt even like D3.

POE is one of those games that is great at first, but the more you play it, the worse it gets. So i can see why it won GOTY, even if it isnt a very good game as a whole.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Rage010101

@Peredith said:

@Rage010101 said:

You ride the little bus to school dont you...

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 the_bi99man

@uninspiredcup said:

@priapus10101 said:

Not really. It's just Diablo 2. Incredibly unoriginal. Pretty much nothing new to the table.

The fact that you just said that proves you never tried the game (or at least not more than 10 minutes). Here's the comprehensive list of similarities between PoE and Diablo 2.

Fixed camera angle.

Point and click ARPG-style combat.

Dark fantasy setting.

Yeah, that's it. The item and skill systems are completely fresh, unlike anything the genre has ever seen before. Nothing like Diablo 2.

But then again, you're just a worthless fucking troll anyway, so I suppose I shouldn't expect any more than worthless fucking trolling from you.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By the_bi99man

@Lucianu said:

@AdobeArtist said:

The staff, which not only seem to be completely underpowered, but also seem to have forgotten the existence of these forums in the first place, should appoint more moderators, man.

The horrid topics solely created to annoy other people, the constant flood of thoughtless juvenile as **** posts that add nothing to any disscusion, and the trolls are 90% of GS, right now. I swear i thought such shitty communities are everywhere where rules arent restrictive and enforced, but i recently checked out Giant Bomb and The Escapist forums, and they are so much better, it was baffling.

I remember how awesome and genuinely great the forums used to be wen the old, restrictive and enforced ToU was in place. Even though i was harrassed by mods on a constant basis, it was a really nice place to have cool disscussions on.

Now these forums are the anus of the gaming community, where foul shit is most of what you see. Where mostly everyone with a brain left, the seemingly non-existent rules are almost never enforced, the moderators only come once in a blue moon because there aren't enough of them, and the staff, by all intents and purposes, do not fucking exist.

Seriously. This forum (especially system wars) has turned into absolute shit, even by system wars standards, which are basically shit, by definition. Easily 90% of the posters here are obvious trolls, who don't even deny being trolls, and aren't even entertaining in their trolling. I would love an insanely strict TOU around here, as would anyone else who actually wants legit discussion. Now we have trolls running around with alt-accounts, just for more trolling, and not even being sly about it. One, in particular, seems recently to have decided to proudly announce his alt account, and constantly circle-jerk with himself in his troll threads. That shit should be an instant, no-warning, IP-Permaban. There's no fucking reason for it.

Here's a tip for the mods that could save a lot of time and nonsense. When you see an account with "ps4" or "xbox" or "ps3" or any other obvious reference to a system in their name, just go ahead and ban them. They're obviously fanboys and trolls, who have no intention of ever doing anything but trolling. That's why they put their fucking fanboy boners right in their names. They're proud of being mindless drones, and they should be booted out of here like hobos out of the library at closing time.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By uninspiredcup

@the_bi99man said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@priapus10101 said:

The fact that you just said that proves you never tried the game (or at least not more than 10 minutes). Here's the comprehensive list of similarities between PoE and Diablo 2.

Fixed camera angle.

Dark fantasy setting.

Yeah, that's it. The item and skill systems are completely fresh, unlike anything the genre has ever seen before. Nothing like Diablo 2.

But then again, you're just a worthless fucking troll anyway, so I suppose I shouldn't expect any more than worthless fucking trolling from you.

Blablabla.... Diablo 2. Deserve no more or less praise than Torchlight or Titan Quest. In fact, those probably deserve more.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

@the_bi99man said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@priapus10101 said:

Fixed camera angle.

Dark fantasy setting.

I'll say again, what really sets PoE apart is its most innovative and dynamic skill tree. Hell to call it a tree is inadequate to just how intricately designed it is. It's really more a "web", a network of interconnected pathways allowing so much flexibility in approaching skill building - from the basic attributes (STR, DEX, INT), to the various skill perks such as weapon perks, mana multipliers, elemental protection, life boosters, damage resistance, and so on.

I hope this link works, but here you can see my Level 70 Witch build, which also shows the whole layout of the skill map.

Oh and as for the state of SW here, while it's not easy we do what we can. I don't think bringing this board to a "police state" will be helpful or productive. But with the new 3 Strike policy we can kick trolls to the curb. I can speak for myself how I've been getting more familiar with the new terrain, and issuing more and more strikes. But it does take patience to analyze a given user. Better to err on the side of caution in most cases.

BUT ENOUGH OF THAT. Let's not derail this topic yet again. Please :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By uninspiredcup

POE has an incredibly convoluted skill tree.It's primarily a coop based but with no teamwork what so ever. You just go around killing stuff with someone who happens to be there, much like Borderlands 2. Games like Guild Wars 2 push action RPG's forward with reactive integrated team skills, no set classes and specific team awards. POE is very much a step back. Yes, Diablo 2 was good but Jesus Christ try something new. For all it's failures Diablo 3 at least tried.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

The skill tree is only convoluted to the uninitiated. Experienced players know how to navigate the network to efficiently build a powerful character. Its advantage is in the flexibility for so many ways to approach the skills and perks you want for your character :)

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 the_bi99man

@uninspiredcup said:

POE has an incredibly convoluted skill tree.It's primarily a coop based but with no teamwork what so ever. You just go around killing stuff with someone who happens to be there, much like Borderlands 2. Games like Guild Wars 2 push action RPG's forward with reactive integrated team skills, no set classes and specific team awards. POE is very much a step back. Yes, Diablo 2 was good but Jesus Christ try something new. For all it's failures Diablo 3 at least tried.

Oh you're still here, acting like Path of Exile is a copy/paste job of Diablo 2?

Run along now, little troll. It's obvious you've never played the game, and you have nothing of value to contribute to a discussion about it. Go back to making SNIPER look like a genius by comparison.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By the_bi99man

@AdobeArtist said:

I hope this link works, but here you can see my Level 70 Witch build, which also shows the whole layout of the skill map.

That is a pretty beast Witch. Showcasing a depth of character customization that no other iso-ARPG (that includes D2, unintelligentcup) has even come close to. And that doesn't even show what gear and active skills you're using. Speaking of which, what gear and active skills are you using? And are you considering picking up any of the seriously game-changing passives on the outskirts of the web?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

I've heard nothing but good things about it ... really going to have to try it out ....

The animations are bad and it can get old rather fast when not playing with friends. There now you have heard bad things about it :P

I would recommend it, even more so if you have friends willing to play it with you.

It is easily one of the best hack and slash loot games available. With that said, DII is still king and DIII is poised to take a top spot with RoS on the way. Here's to hoping.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 uninspiredcup

@the_bi99man said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Run along now, little troll. It's obvious you've never played the game,

My chumling, I can quite happily link you to my playtime. Throwing hissy fits and attempting to use your own magical reality does not stop me being right. Logic will always win.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#197 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Well deserved one of the best RPG loot games in years, and yes I love the character building though skill gems and the passive tree.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

Why not? PC doesn't always have exclusives to get as GOTY. If the game is good, it deserves what it gets.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

POE has an incredibly convoluted skill tree.It's primarily a coop based but with no teamwork what so ever.

You haven't played maps if you believe this.

Or you are simply lying.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 uninspiredcup

But I'm right.