P2M 28! ALSO Come make a final comment. Thread purge Sunday!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1551 Posted by SolidTy (45184 posts) -

Eroica, I love this stuff, man. Maybe now you'll win some awards for once! :P

organic_machine

Best System Wars Podcast Team!:o

#1552 Posted by Zaibach (13458 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Oh, Lord. Care to elaborate?DarkLink77

Is my phrasing that sinister? :P

I just thought it was a funny podcast, made even funnier by the manner in which the whole SWA mess escelated beyond recognition within a few hours.

Yeah, it was. :P Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. Glad you enjoyed the podcast, though. We had a lot of fun making it.

bad habit on my part

for the next podcast I want you guys to discuss the abysmal state of the recent wiiu adverts.

thats right I said it! 

#1553 Posted by organic_machine (9696 posts) -

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

SolidTy

But there's no competition. :O

We should form a competing podcast! :P

#1554 Posted by SolidTy (45184 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

organic_machine

But there's no competition. :O

We should form a competing podcast! :P

I'm so in, let's do it. I'll post moar even. :P

#1555 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Maybe I'm not. :o Yeah, it should be once we hear back from Synthia. It's really Chaz who did all the work to make that happen.SolidTy

It's funny, there are few people I'd put faith in on this board to help run an awards thread with the integrity of someone like charizard. Made the accusation that much more funny... Glad you guys will get some vindication.

I listened to it and I can dispute a few things regarding history that DL simply doesn't have, but I don't welcome the drama and I frankly don't have time to keep coming back and posting Q & A. I think DL seemed honest, but he simply doesn't know certain things, and who cares right, at the end of the day, people just want a LULZ drama victim, bully, trolls, flaming thing to happen. So, give the proles their show. :P

I imagine others that have issue may feel the same and don't see the point in posting. We also can't assume that those in the know even listened. To be honest, much of what he said was fine, it was little details in older SW and SWA history that I don't think he has any idea about as he wasn't involved with the inception of SWA and he got involved later, and he didn't delve into that because he doesn't have that history. He also doesn't have some information about select users. I hardly post in SW though, so I'm not going to start now.

When I look around to see who I would be engaging actively if I posted on the matter, it's probably not a great environment, and ultimately would result in accusations and ad hominems. I don't feel like playing 1 vs. 100, or getting unions involved. I don't need the grief, I don't have the time, and I learned users really don't really want to know anyways. :P

I also learned that I apparently won an award by listening to the podcast and this is the second year that I truthfully hardly posted, I didn't campaign at all, no blogs, no PMs, no HYPE on Skype rallying, little to no HYPE participation at all in the event. Truth be told, I hardly posted the last few years compared to when I used to post at GS almost exclusively a few years ago. It was decided HYPE weren't going to participate on a grand scale after the last fiascos and they didn't. I only voted right before for lulz votes to troll back the trolls that were trolling, otherwise I wouldn't have participated at all.

Anyways, whatever is done I would recommend no active trolling in the "official result threads" by the chosen OP. Be professional, or let someone else that will be professional post the topic. If I cared enough, I would recommend other things that I know would have a better yield, but I don't because there is a LOT of history to deal with. I post at other sites now, so I have a very little impact on SW for the last few years. I realize this message might seem vague, but the users that I'm speaking to know EXACTLY what I'm talking about even if they feign ignorance for show. I didn't name anyone, but to those users and one user in particular : Clean up your act if you want more people on board. I'm not trolling because if I was, I would single them out. No, instead I implore them to arrest their trolling behaviour when in official capacity. Others may not notice what you do, but rest assured other users are aware and it's having a negative effect ultimately on your compadres efforts. They are apparently oblivious.

Nice Podcast in any event.

EDIT : Just posting this I worry about butthurt, and I didn't even throw anyone under the bus...so I really hope my presence keeps everything cIassy. As I said before, people want lulz, trolls, flames, a show, and will say and do whatever to get it...only to bust out a white knight act once they get that show they wanted. It's a very tired game. :P

I certainly can't speak for everyone involved and I have nothing to do with any of the outer rim, behind the scenes chat... I simply felt from the interview and conversations we had off the air that there was no malicious intent on the part of DarkLink nor any party involved... I think what kinda gets lost in the mud is that there were some really cool community members that made the awards happen despite the work they knew would go into it. 

I think its cool that people are at least attempting to be the "bigger person" at this point and letting it go despite some of the apparent hurt feelings or gripes they've had in the past or present... I mean, when all is said and done, what are we really fighting about? The SWA's don't actually effect the every day life of the forum... It's a cool honor, but given the topic, we're all here to chat about games.  

As for the desire for dramatic flair in system wars, I think its a mixed bag of people who care about the event and people who straight up couldnt be bored more with it.  I'm not exactly sure who youre refering to with playing the white knight, but I do hope that whatever has gone on behind the scenes gets reconciled in some mutually beneficial way.  If the bloods and the crypts can get along, Id say a few feuding gamers stand a pretty good chance too :P 

#1556 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -

organic_machine
hahaha.... Thanks man, Im glad youre enjoying it. :) As for awards? I was honored enough that a few people voted for me on a few topics... thats good enough for me. I look at it mostly as a game every year. I try and predict who I think will win haha... When are gonna be on so we can chat some minecraft and piss heil off?
#1557 Posted by organic_machine (9696 posts) -

When are gonna be on so we can chat some minecraft and piss heil off?TheEroica

Pissing heil off is one of my core goals in life so I'm down. :P

You want me to PM you?

#1558 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]When are gonna be on so we can chat some minecraft and piss heil off?organic_machine

You want me to PM you?

Yeah, at your leisure... We have a union page now too that is certainly open to anyone who likes pissing Heil off ;) We're gonna post up a calander there so people can see the openings and such. II think we're booked for a few weeks but I'll definitely get you on the list. Very much looking forward to it...!
#1559 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I listened to it and I can dispute a few things regarding history that DL simply doesn't have, but I don't welcome the drama and I frankly don't have time to keep coming back and posting Q & A. I think DL seemed honest, but he simply doesn't know certain things, and who cares right, at the end of the day, people just want a LULZ drama victim, bully, trolls, flaming thing to happen. So, give the proles their show. :P

I imagine others that have issue may feel the same and don't see the point in posting. We also can't assume that those in the know even listened. To be honest, much of what he said was fine, it was little details in older SW and SWA history that I don't think he has any idea about as he wasn't involved with the inception of SWA and he got involved later, and he didn't delve into that because he doesn't have that history. He also doesn't have some information about select users. I hardly post in SW though, so I'm not going to start now.

When I look around to see who I would be engaging actively if I posted on the matter, it's probably not a great environment, and ultimately would result in accusations and ad hominems. I don't feel like playing 1 vs. 100, or getting unions involved. I don't need the grief, I don't have the time, and I learned users really don't really want to know anyways. :P

I also learned that I apparently won an award by listening to the podcast and this is the second year that I truthfully hardly posted, I didn't campaign at all, no blogs, no PMs, no HYPE on Skype rallying, little to no HYPE participation at all in the event. Truth be told, I hardly posted the last few years compared to when I used to post at GS almost exclusively a few years ago. It was decided HYPE weren't going to participate on a grand scale after the last fiascos and they didn't. I only voted right before for lulz votes to troll back the trolls that were trolling, otherwise I wouldn't have participated at all.

Anyways, whatever is done I would recommend no active trolling in the "official result threads" by the chosen OP. Be professional, or let someone else that will be professional post the topic. If I cared enough, I would recommend other things that I know would have a better yield, but I don't because there is a LOT of history to deal with. I post at other sites now, so I have a very little impact on SW for the last few years. I realize this message might seem vague, but the users that I'm speaking to know EXACTLY what I'm talking about even if they feign ignorance for show. I didn't name anyone, but to those users and one user in particular : Clean up your act if you want more people on board. I'm not trolling because if I was, I would single them out. No, instead I implore them to arrest their trolling behaviour when in official capacity. Others may not notice what you do, but rest assured other users are aware and it's having a negative effect ultimately on your compadres efforts. They are apparently oblivious.

Nice Podcast in any event.

EDIT : Just posting this I worry about butthurt, and I didn't even throw anyone under the bus...so I really hope my presence keeps everything cIassy. As I said before, people want lulz, trolls, flames, a show, and will say and do whatever to get it...only to bust out a white knight act once they get that show they wanted. It's a very tired game. :P

SolidTy

I certainly can't speak for everyone involved and I have nothing to do with any of the outer rim, behind the scenes chat... I simply felt from the interview and conversations we had off the air that there was no malicious intent on the part of DarkLink nor any party involved... I think what kinda gets lost in the mud is that there were some really cool community members that made the awards happen despite the work they knew would go into it. 

I think its cool that people are at least attempting to be the "bigger person" at this point and letting it go despite some of the apparent hurt feelings or gripes they've had in the past or present... I mean, when all is said and done, what are we really fighting about? The SWA's don't actually effect the every day life of the forum... It's a cool honor, but given the topic, we're all here to chat about games.  

As for the desire for dramatic flair in system wars, I think its a mixed bag of people who care about the event and people who straight up couldnt be bored more with it.  I'm not exactly sure who youre refering to with playing the white knight, but I do hope that whatever has gone on behind the scenes gets reconciled in some mutually beneficial way.  If the bloods and the crypts can get along, Id say a few feuding gamers stand a pretty good chance too :P 

I agree with that notion about getting along, and I also want to reiterate that I don't think DL had any malicious intent. :P

We will meet up in July hopefully.

553327_10150915140283344_1358069056_n.jp

:lol: wow... I'll only see you in July if I can be the guy riding the notch of the tree... He's clearly the alpha of the bunch. :P
#1560 Posted by Heil68 (46200 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]When are gonna be on so we can chat some minecraft and piss heil off?organic_machine

You want me to PM you?

muhaha
#1561 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]When are gonna be on so we can chat some minecraft and piss heil off?Heil68

You want me to PM you?

muhaha

damn... I've been trying for years Machine... he's a tough egg to crack.
#1562 Posted by organic_machine (9696 posts) -

muhahaHeil68

I lol'd :P

#1563 Posted by charizard1605 (59752 posts) -

Some of us have bad addictions in life. That's not my fault. Plus I was right about Halo 4. It was more f*cking stupid Halo. jg4xchamp
If only that had been true.

#1564 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -
The opening discussion in that podcast, so wrong on so many levels.
#1565 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -
COP OUT EROICA. COP OUT P*ss move....you gotta be the hard hitting System Wars radio personality, can't be doing that.
#1566 Posted by organic_machine (9696 posts) -

pshhhh champ, you know you're a poor mans darklink.

#1567 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]COP OUT EROICA. COP OUT P*ss move....you gotta be the hard hitting System Wars radio personality, can't be doing that.

Ha! You mean when heil put me on the spot and tried to get me to pick you or dl? Haha... Yeah i was passing on that one bro.... :P i officially puss*ed out on that one.... Tell ya what though, I'll shoot from the hip next time. Youre right, the hosts should bring the pain even if it hurts...
#1568 Posted by Blabadon (27713 posts) -
Han Solo shot first before TheEroica. True story.
#1569 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -

organic_machine
Get herpes Also lol at the last few pages of this.
#1570 Posted by organic_machine (9696 posts) -

jg4xchamp

Get herpes Also lol at the last few pages of this.

I'm sorry, but who caved and got Halo 4 first again?

#1571 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -
Some of us have bad addictions in life. That's not my fault. Plus I was right about Halo 4. It was more f*cking stupid Halo.
#1572 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -
Han Solo shot first before TheEroica. True story.Blabadon
At least you didnt call me Greedo... :P
#1573 Posted by SolidTy (45184 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] It's funny, there are few people I'd put faith in on this board to help run an awards thread with the integrity of someone like charizard. Made the accusation that much more funny... Glad you guys will get some vindication. DarkLink77

I imagine others that have issue may feel the same and don't see the point in posting. We also can't assume that those in the know even listened. To be honest, much of what he said was fine, it was little details in older SW and SWA history that I don't think he has any idea about as he wasn't involved with the inception of SWA and he got involved later, and he didn't delve into that because he doesn't have that history. There were users that would win awards that hardly visited SW in the past. That seemed unfortunate to other users who felt slighted for their efforts in SW only to go unrecognized. I always liked the idea of including as many users as possible. He also doesn't have some information about select users today. I hardly post in SW though, so I'm not going to start now.

Nice Podcast in any event. I don't want to derail this thread with names and history, so I've scanned this post to avoid a flame war.

I'm sure Solid could elaborate on a lot of things surrounding the SWAs, and like he said, I'm not going to speak the the origins of the SWAs because I wasn't around them. I can only speak to what I know, which is what I tried to do. I also tried to be more dignified when posting about the Awards, so I hope you weren't referring to me... If so, I give you permission to talk about it. I won't get mad. The only way we improve is if we learn. Fun read, Ty, as always. :D

No, I wasn't referring to you.:P

But, I will say something about you anyways. You are a smellyhead!!!:cool: j/k

Fun, Fun, Fun...I aim to please. :D

#1574 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Some of us have bad addictions in life. That's not my fault. Plus I was right about Halo 4. It was more f*cking stupid Halo. jg4xchamp

lol and you called cop out on Eroica? :lol: from what I remember because you bought Halo 4 you became Darklinks b!tch, you have no foot to stand on after that

#1575 Posted by DarkLink77 (31762 posts) -
The opening discussion in that podcast, so wrong on so many levels. jg4xchamp
It's all true, and you know it.
#1576 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]The opening discussion in that podcast, so wrong on so many levels. DarkLink77
It's all true, and you know it.

Of course he does, he IS the beacon of truth afterall isn't he? 

#1577 Posted by DarkLink77 (31762 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Maybe I'm not. :o Yeah, it should be once we hear back from Synthia. It's really Chaz who did all the work to make that happen.SolidTy

It's funny, there are few people I'd put faith in on this board to help run an awards thread with the integrity of someone like charizard. Made the accusation that much more funny... Glad you guys will get some vindication.

I imagine others that have issue may feel the same and don't see the point in posting. We also can't assume that those in the know even listened. To be honest, much of what he said was fine, it was little details in older SW and SWA history that I don't think he has any idea about as he wasn't involved with the inception of SWA and he got involved later, and he didn't delve into that because he doesn't have that history. There were users that would win awards that hardly visited SW in the past. That seemed unfortunate to other users who felt slighted for their efforts in SW only to go unrecognized. I always liked the idea of including as many users as possible. He also doesn't have some information about select users today. I hardly post in SW though, so I'm not going to start now.

Nice Podcast in any event. I don't want to derail this thread with names and history, so I've scanned this post to avoid a flame war.

I'm sure Solid could elaborate on a lot of things surrounding the SWAs, and like he said, I'm not going to speak the the origins of the SWAs because I wasn't around them. I can only speak to what I know, which is what I tried to do. I also tried to be more dignified when posting about the Awards, so I hope you weren't referring to me... If so, I give you permission to talk about it. I won't get mad. The only way we improve is if we learn. Fun read, Ty, as always. :D
#1578 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8978 posts) -
It was me. There, I said it. I don't care if Champ had more votes, I still should have won Best Returning User. Curse my irrelevancy!
#1579 Posted by TheGuardian03 (22169 posts) -

It was me. There, I said it. I don't care if Champ had more votes, I still should have won Best Returning User. Curse my irrelevancy!Xaero_Gravity

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/It-Was-Me-Jim-Carrey-Liar-Liar.gif.

#1581 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]It was me. There, I said it. I don't care if Champ had more votes, I still should have won Best Returning User. Curse my irrelevancy!TheGuardian03

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/It-Was-Me-Jim-Carrey-Liar-Liar.gif.

It's about time you changed your Last Guardian sigs into something that will come out in this lifetime
#1582 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28257 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] It's about time you changed your Last Guardian sigs into something that will come out in this lifetime

Champ why do you have a bad boys 2 sig out of interest?
#1583 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] It's about time you changed your Last Guardian sigs into something that will come out in this lifetimeblue_hazy_basic

I think I was intoxicated when I came up with the idea, and I didn't know what else to go with.

Dean Winchester is still the sh1t, but I wasn't in the mood for the Supernatural stuff. Justified was about to end, and I'm not that into Game of Thrones or Mad Men(both really good shows), and well I just really love Bad Boys 2 for being like one of those top shelf awful movies that are enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.

Plus game was suppose to rock one of these with me, but he was all "I'm not martin lawrence". To which I argued I don't care if you're actually black, in this buddy cop I would clearly not be the Martin Lawrence.

#1584 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28257 posts) -

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] It's about time you changed your Last Guardian sigs into something that will come out in this lifetimejg4xchamp

I think I was intoxicated when I came up with the idea, and I didn't know what else to go with.

Dean Winchester is still the sh1t, but I wasn't in the mood for the Supernatural stuff. Justified was about to end, and I'm not that into Game of Thrones or Mad Men(both really good shows), and well I just really love Bad Boys 2 for being like one of those top shelf awful movies that are enjoyable for all the wrong reasons.

Plus game was suppose to rock one of these with me, but he was all "I'm not martin lawrence". To which I argued I don't care if you're actually black, in this buddy cop I would clearly not be the Martin Lawrence.

Having seen his total bore comment DL should be your martin lawrence!
#1585 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Champ why do you have a bad boys 2 sig out of interest?blue_hazy_basic

It's not his fault the franchise that gave us Snoregun 2: Total Bore is a glorified sleeping pill. You should start enjoying less boring sh1t. btw: teuf or mac are the ones that came up with that.
#1586 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28257 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I think I was intoxicated when I came up with the idea, and I didn't know what else to go with.

Plus game was suppose to rock one of these with me, but he was all "I'm not martin lawrence". To which I argued I don't care if you're actually black, in this buddy cop I would clearly not be the Martin Lawrence.jg4xchamp

It's not his fault the franchise that gave us Snoregun 2: Total Bore is a glorified sleeping pill. You should start enjoying less boring sh1t. btw: teuf or mac are the ones that came up with that.

I remember it well ...
#1587 Posted by TheGuardian03 (22169 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]It was me. There, I said it. I don't care if Champ had more votes, I still should have won Best Returning User. Curse my irrelevancy!jg4xchamp

It's about time you changed your Last Guardian sigs into something that will come out in this lifetime

i never had any last guardian sig.

#1588 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

TheGuardian03

,,,,o.....I think I might be thinking of the wrong person here.
#1589 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] It's about time you changed your Last Guardian sigs into something that will come out in this lifetimejg4xchamp

Was it wanderer?

#1590 Posted by jg4xchamp (49327 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

seanmcloughlin

Was it wanderer?

no, Kojima avatar...I wanna say johnny3000 or whatevs....Now I feel rude.
#1591 Posted by TheGuardian03 (22169 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] ,,,,o.....I think I might be thinking of the wrong person here. jg4xchamp

Was it wanderer?

this isn't the first time, someone else mixed between me and him a year ago lol.

#1592 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] ,,,,o.....I think I might be thinking of the wrong person here. jg4xchamp

Was it wanderer?

Ah yeah that was him

#1594 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] most cows cant read... pssst..... the steam account has gone live. Im officially a pee cee gamer :)TheEroica
Now you just need to wait for the next Steam sale to truly start appreciating/despising PC gaming.

I want to say I cant wait... but with the backlog Im rocking i absolutely can!!! still... I CANT WAIT! :)

What's your Steam ID?

Edit: Nvm I added you

#1595 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -
Are the two people who host this show in love with each other?  Stanley41now
the short answer is yes... the long answer is yeah.
#1596 Posted by charizard1605 (59752 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stanley41now"]Are the two people who host this show in love with each other?  TheEroica

tl;dr
#1597 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Stanley41now"]Are the two people who host this show in love with each other?  charizard1605

tl;dr

most cows cant read... pssst..... the steam account has gone live. Im officially a pee cee gamer :)
#1598 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] the short answer is yes... the long answer is yeah.

tl;dr

most cows cant read... pssst..... the steam account has gone live. Im officially a pee cee gamer :)

Now you just need to wait for the next Steam sale to truly start appreciating/despising PC gaming.
#1599 Posted by TheEroica (14172 posts) -
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] tl;dr

I want to say I cant wait... but with the backlog Im rocking i absolutely can!!! still... I CANT WAIT! :)
#1600 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] most cows cant read... pssst..... the steam account has gone live. Im officially a pee cee gamer :)TheEroica

Added you ;)