Owning up here--PS3 rocked the end of the road here.

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Suppaman100: I told you, you cant throw facts at me all you like but im not impressed with more powerful, the PS3 was "more powerful" and it translated into nothing particularly tangible. Im buying the Xbox for myself my wife and my daughter because the console has elements which appeal to all of us in ways the PS4 cannot compete.

I appreciate you taking the time to "counter" my points but unfortunately its just a case of personal preference. The X1 suits my needs better. I totally get why a "hardcore gamer" would turn to the PS4. Its offers those extra flops and its cheaper....I get that. But its meaningless to me. I want the fantastic online service Im already subscribed too. I love Xbox music. I love Netflix and numerous other apps. I actually like the kinect. My daughter and wife love it. It also looks like it might see more decent integration into games in the next gen which I am excited for. The PS4 just doesnt interest me in the same way. I am extremely glad Sony improved their controller however and I think thats going to be very favourable for them.

I actually think the X1 launch up is pretty strong but again its a matter of opinion.

Im not a 360 only gamer. I play the seven aforementioned PS3 titles. I may choose to purchase the PS4 in the future if it starts to offer products and services that are not avaliable on the X1 but until that time I do not see much point.

I understand where you are coming from. I look at the launch from a different perspective, the perspective of someone without any preferences, someone with a "blank slate". And from that perspective it's obvious that PS4 is superior because of the cheaper price and more powerful hardware.

Now your point of view is that of someone with a history, someone who prefers Xbox games and services.

So the difference is that I view the launch from an objective standpoint and you look at it from a subjective standpoint.

But now answer my question, my friend. What is you conclusion, if you look at the launch with an objective point of view. (objective meaning looking at facts, btw I don't want to insult your intelligence but there are many uneducated people on SW who do not know the difference)

So which one is the best PS4 or the Xone, objectively?

The one that my whole family would enjoy. The X1.

Like I said 5 years ago if I was a single hardcore gamer I probably would have gone with the Playstation because raw power appealed to me and I was a student so $100 dollars would have been a big selling point also.

But now that £70 isnt an issue, and I am getting an all in one entertainment centre my whole family can benefit from.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

There is no question that the PS3 is a great console, with awesome exclusives.....but to say that it has the most high-quality exclusives, once again, is just a matter of opinion, not fact.

Most of the PS3 exclusives follow the same format, they are story-driven action-adventure games, which provide little replay value after their initial 12-20 hour playthrough is over....meanwhile, I've clocked over hundreds of hours online with my buddies on games such as the Forza series, something which has no equal on the PS3......I would never trade that experience with a game like TLOS or MGS4, which would be over in a few days time. It's just mater of taste, you may prefer the exclusives offered by the PS3, but myself and many others prefer the exclusives provided by the 360, no one is better, just different for different people, and different moods as well.

Look at the facts, gamespot or metacritic. Doesn't matter, the objective conclusion is that PS3 has the most quality games.

So you're implying there are no multiplayer games on PS3 that offer 100+ hours of enjoyment. Well that's just ignorant and foolish.

Ever heard about Little big planet 1 and 2. (that give more hours of gameplay than Forza ever could, because one can use their imagination to create almost any game you want in LBP) The games are also ranked VERY high in metacritic, look it up. I think the first scored 95 or something on metacritic.

KZ2,3, the resistance games and Uncharted 2 and 3 also offer immense fps multiplayer fun. And of course there are ton of multiplats with good multiplayer modes.

And it's funny you compare a MULTIplayer game with SINGLEplayer games like TLOU and MGS4. Don't you understand that they can not be compared.

(Btw TLOU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Forza)

All I'm saying is that each machine offers different exclusives, and it's a matter of personal preference which one you like more, not fact. I used Forza as an example because it is a 360 exclusive, and was comparing it with another PS3 exclusive....yes they are totally different, but what I'm trying to say is that some people would prefer to play Forza or Gears of War, over any other game the PS3 offers(comparable or not)....it's all a matter of taste, that's all I'm saying......not implying which game is better than which.

Of course, you're right if you look at it in a subjective way.

But look at the review scores (our only objective indicator for judging the quality of games), do you deny that PS3 has more quality games than 360?

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 always_explicit

Your being too objective. A car that goes from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds is objectively faster than one that gets their in 6 seconds. It makes it a faster car. It doesnt make it a better car.

Same applies to consoles. By your logic the original Xbox was superior to the PS2 but im sure the general consensus is that the PS2 was a better purchase overall.

Same applies to games.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#104 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

There is no question that the PS3 is a great console, with awesome exclusives.....but to say that it has the most high-quality exclusives, once again, is just a matter of opinion, not fact.

Most of the PS3 exclusives follow the same format, they are story-driven action-adventure games, which provide little replay value after their initial 12-20 hour playthrough is over....meanwhile, I've clocked over hundreds of hours online with my buddies on games such as the Forza series, something which has no equal on the PS3......I would never trade that experience with a game like TLOS or MGS4, which would be over in a few days time. It's just mater of taste, you may prefer the exclusives offered by the PS3, but myself and many others prefer the exclusives provided by the 360, no one is better, just different for different people, and different moods as well.

Look at the facts, gamespot or metacritic. Doesn't matter, the objective conclusion is that PS3 has the most quality games.

So you're implying there are no multiplayer games on PS3 that offer 100+ hours of enjoyment. Well that's just ignorant and foolish.

Ever heard about Little big planet 1 and 2. (that give more hours of gameplay than Forza ever could, because one can use their imagination to create almost any game you want in LBP) The games are also ranked VERY high in metacritic, look it up. I think the first scored 95 or something on metacritic.

KZ2,3, the resistance games and Uncharted 2 and 3 also offer immense fps multiplayer fun. And of course there are ton of multiplats with good multiplayer modes.

And it's funny you compare a MULTIplayer game with SINGLEplayer games like TLOU and MGS4. Don't you understand that they can not be compared.

All I'm saying is that each machine offers different exclusives, and it's a matter of personal preference which one you like more, not fact. I used Forza as an example because it is a 360 exclusive, and was comparing it with another PS3 exclusive....yes they are totally different, but what I'm trying to say is that some people would prefer to play Forza or Gears of War, over any other game the PS3 offers(comparable or not)....it's all a matter of taste, that's all I'm saying......not implying which game is better than which.

But look at the review scores (our only objective indicator for judging the quality of games), do you deny that PS3 has more quality games than 360?

I will admit it has more interesting exclusives, with respect to single player games. I cannot say that the PS3 has more quality games than the 360, that is too general of a statement. I feel each has great exclusives, the PS3 with more emphasis on single player games, the 360 more in terms of multiplayer offerings. Which you prefer is a matter of taste and preference.

If someone who knows nothing about gaming, decided to buy their first console asked me which one today....PS3, Wii, or 360? I would not single out one console and say that's the best one....I'd give pro-cons for each, and let the person make their decision based on that.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#105 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Sony re-invested into the content of their system a few years back and it shows. Microsoft decided to continue milking the franchise they started with or were continuing through the life of the original Xbox.

The Playstation 4 is further evidence. Everything about it is focused on delivering a gaming experience. Some may call that short sighted given consumers and the industries fetish for multi-purpose technologies and multi-tasking. While the PS4 may do more than play video games, it's clear Sony is purely focused on the video games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60679 Posts

@Willy105 said:

@Heil68 said:

I could of told you the out come long ago Steveo. When you're synonymous with world class gaming like Sony is AND follow the Live, Learn and Love philosophy like they do, the by gamers for gamers mantra pays off to us, the end users.

Yeah, it's a great mantra that Sony started caring about only a few months ago.

10/10 GOTY Editors Choice Award winning MGS4 came out in 2008.

The more you LEARN, the more you LIVE and in turn LOVE William.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Suppaman100

@always_explicit said:

Your being too objective. A car that goes from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds is objectively faster than one that gets their in 6 seconds. It makes it a faster car. It doesnt make it a better car.

Same applies to consoles. By your logic the original Xbox was superior to the PS2 but im sure the general consensus is that the PS2 was a better purchase overall.

Same applies to games.

I'm "too objective". How can one be "too objective"? Well I'll take that as a compliment.

First of all, your analogy with the car, makes the car that's faster the better car if speed is the only variable. BUT there are other variables, like the price,...

And there's a fault in your logic with the PS2/Xbox comparison. I'm looking at the LAUNCH, you're looking at the END. Yes PS2 was the best console in the end, but one can not know which will be the best in the end, at launch.

You're also ignoring my initial question, you answerd the question subjectively. I asked to look at it objectively. You answerd that Xone was the best choice for you and your family. (because you like the Xbox games, service, kinect,...)

But I asked to look at it from the point of view of a person who is new to all of it, who doesn't have a history. A person that has no preference in games,brand,... but only looks at facts. So answer the question from that objective point, not your point of view.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Suppaman100

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

I will admit it has more interesting exclusives, with respect to single player games. I cannot say that the PS3 has more quality games than the 360, that is too general of a statement. I feel each has great exclusives, the PS3 with more emphasis on single player games, the 360 more in terms of multiplayer offerings. Which you prefer is a matter of taste and preference.

If someone who knows nothing about gaming, decided to buy their first console asked me which one today....PS3, Wii, or 360? I would not single out one console and say that's the best one....I'd give pro-cons for each, and let the person make their decision based on that.

I'm talking overall. You're making the distinction between a multiplayer and a singleplayer game, it doesn't matter if a game is more multiplayer orientated than singleplayer.

So again, if you look at EVERY sort of game, overall, what console has the most quality games?

But you know, you actually admitted that PS3 has the most quality games, because you acknowledged that PS3 has more quality singleplayer games. And as we all know there are more AA+ singleplayer games than multiplayer orientated games.

So conclusion: PS3 has the most quality games and accordingly has the best objective games library.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By always_explicit

@Suppaman100: So you want me to disregard every single one of my opinions and consumer needs then tell you which of the two unreleased consoles is factually best. Why???

If you want me to tell you the PS4 is superior I am not going to, my criteria of what makes a console superior is entirely different to yours. You keep referring to price and power because these are the two area's where the PS4 has the edge on paper. Assuming that edge even materialises into anything tangible.

If you want to go down this scientific fact vs subjectivity route then its going to involve listing every single variable and every single fact. Thats not something im going to spend time doing because my purchasing decision has been made.

You said it yourself... one cannot know which will be the best in the end, at launch. Soooo, I guess this little back and forth isnt going anywhere. Not for another ten years anyway.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Suppaman100

@always_explicit said:

@Suppaman100: So you want me to disregard every single one of my opinions and consumer needs then tell you which of the two unreleased consoles is factually best. Why???

If you want me to tell you the PS4 is superior I am not going to, my criteria of what makes a console superior is entirely different to yours. You keep referring to price and power because these are the two area's where the PS4 has the edge on paper. Assuming that edge even materialises into anything tangible.

If you want to go down this scientific fact vs subjectivity route then its going to involve listing every single variable and every single fact. Thats not something im going to spend time doing because my purchasing decision has been made.

You said it yourself... one cannot know which will be the best in the end, at launch. Soooo, I guess this little back and forth isnt going anywhere. Not for another ten years anyway.

"So you want me to disregard every single one of my opinions and consumer needs then tell you which of the two unreleased consoles is factually best. Why???"

YES, that's what I asked, look at it from an objective point of view.

And why, you ask. Because if you only look at facts, it's obvious that PS4 is the best console to get a launch. And by your way of replying I sense that you know that PS4 is objectively the best console at launch.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

And why, you ask. Because if you only look at facts, it's obvious that PS4 is the best console to get a launch. And by your way of replying I sense that you know that PS4 is objectively the best console at launch.

Wait what? Nothing about the launch of the PS4 looks appealing at all. Objectively, if you want any of these systems at launch your not really into high quality gaming but damn, the PS4 launch is really no better than the X1.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 always_explicit

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

"So you want me to disregard every single one of my opinions and consumer needs then tell you which of the two unreleased consoles is factually best. Why???"

YES, that's what I asked, look at it from an objective point of view.

"If you want to go down this scientific fact vs subjectivity route then its going to involve listing every single variable and every single fact. Thats not something im going to spend time doing because my purchasing decision has been made."

Just because you believe specs and price to be the defining objective decision making elements does not make it so. There are numerous other factors as you said so yourself.

"You said it yourself... one cannot know which will be the best in the end, at launch."

Soooo, I guess this little back and forth isnt going anywhere. Not for another ten years anyway.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 always_explicit

My wife and daughter want a next gen kinect.

Looks like objectively im going to have to go with the X1, because factually its the only console that has it. HAHA.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Suppaman100

@ActicEdge said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Wait what? Nothing about the launch of the PS4 looks appealing at all. Objectively, if you want any of these systems at launch your not really into high quality gaming but damn, the PS4 launch is really no better than the X1.

That's your subjective opinion. And I agree btw, I don't buy consoles at launch. But when you compare PS4 and Xone, PS4 looks the best objectively.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Suppaman100

@always_explicit said:

My wife and daughter want a next gen kinect.

Looks like objectively im going to have to go with the X1, because factually its the only console that has it. HAHA.

Indeed, thanks for proving my point.

"Just because you believe specs and price to be the defining objective decision making elements does not make it so. There are numerous other factors as you said so yourself."

Okay then please show me some other objective variables that are as important as specs and price.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By always_explicit

@Suppaman100: You seem to think you have an unbeatable argument here and you really dont because you totally self owned yourself here.

"one can not know which will be the best in the end, at launch".

Im not buying a PS4 because it does not offer me the products and services I require. Yes the products and services are subjective and down to my own personal taste but it is a FACT that PS4 does not offer them.

Thats why im GOING XBOXONE DAY ONE baby.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

That's your subjective opinion. And I agree btw, I don't buy consoles at launch. But when you compare PS4 and Xone, PS4 looks the best objectively.

There is really nothing about comparing the PS4 against the X1 launches that makes the PS4 objectively superior. If you go off games its opinion, if you go off of futures its opinion, if you go off of online service its opinion. About the only objective thing I can note is that BF4 runs at a higher res on the PS4. That's about it. Oh and price? Well the PS4 is cheaper but part of the X1's price is kinect which the PS4 doesn't have. So price is your concern, you have to look at what's included in the package.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Suppaman100

@always_explicit said:

@Suppaman100: You seem to think you have an unbeatable argument here and you really dont because you totally self owned yourself here.

"one can not know which will be the best in the end, at launch".

Im not buying a PS4 because it does not offer me the products and services I require. Yes the products and services are subjective and down to my own personal taste but it is a FACT that PS4 does not offer them.

Thats why im GOING XBOXONE DAY ONE baby.

"You seem to think you have an unbeatable argument here and you really dont because you totally self owned yourself here.

"one can not know which will be the best in the end, at launch"."

I always forget I'm on SW...Of course you can not know which will be the winner at the end, nobody can predict the future. One can only look at the known facts now and decide if a console is good or not NOW, the present time. So after twisting and ignoring my question. I will ask for the last time.

Is PS4 the best console to get at launch, objectively? (I'm beginning to doubt you know the difference between objectivity and subjectivity)

And please do put in any objective variable you want. But hey, I already know the outcome of this question though but feel free to answer.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Suppaman100

@ActicEdge said:

@Suppaman100 said:

There is really nothing about comparing the PS4 against the X1 launches that makes the PS4 objectively superior. If you go off games its opinion, if you go off of futures its opinion, if you go off of online service its opinion. About the only objective thing I can note is that BF4 runs at a higher res on the PS4. That's about it. Oh and price? Well the PS4 is cheaper but part of the X1's price is kinect which the PS4 doesn't have. So price is your concern, you have to look at what's included in the package.

You're proving my point.

As you stated, the only important objective variables are price, specs and Xone having kinect.

So that means PS4 has price and specs in the bag, and Xone has kinect. As you can see price and specs vastly outweigh having kinect. So one can conclude that PS4 is the best objectively.

/thread

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#120 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49564 Posts

@mystic_knight said:

Tales of Vesperia x360?

It's just an EU and NA regional exclusive. Japan saw the release of the PS3 version.

@casharmy said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

This.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (an exclusive remake that scored AAA) and MLB 2009 (also scored AAA) were left off of the PS3 line up that would make this list look much worse!

That's because they're both multiplats.

@blackace said:

@Stevo_the_gamer:

Opinions vary. i see great games and CRAP on both lists. Also, you're missing a ton of exclusives on all three lists.

Microsoft and the Wii had the best games for the first 3 years of those systems. The PS3 had the best games for the last 3 years. That's about it.

Also, Microsoft is still supporting the XBox 360. New games come out for it every week. It has over 100 titles coming out for it in the next 2 years. The Wii is dead at the end of this year. How do we know this? Nintendo told us themselves.

Nintendo Ending Wii Production

Microsoft support XBox 360 until 2016

Gamespot thinks they're all great, or better.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 always_explicit

@Suppaman100: You can claim your being objective all you like but the fact is your being subjective too. Your making the assumption specs are more important than the kinect. They may well be but thats totally dependent on the value "YOU" attached to them....subjective.

Your objectivity subjectivity argument isnt going to help anybody. Seasoned gamers know what they want. New gamers start gaming because they want to play the next big game whichever console that happens to be on.

To be perfectly honest I dont know why you have bothered with this back and forth. I cant wait to play my XBOXONE. For me its more than just a spec upgrade like the PS4, its actually pushing gaming in a next gen direction by incorporating multiple features and different ways to interact with our entertainment.

I know why you focused so much on specifications and price now....because thats the only weapon the PS has in its arsenal. Its not bad as a standalone gaming unit...if thats what you want then you can go far wrong its got all those extra flops.Enjoy it. But the Xbox offers a competitive gaming experience and more.

To answer your question I believe the Xbox one to be the better console. You stated in your last post that you knew the answer to the question and that it was the last time you would be asking me. All I ask is that you keep your word....dont ask me again. Its boring...

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

Too bad Resistance 2 is the absolute, worst piece of crap i've touched on the PS3, its boring, bland, generic and lacked feautres that the original game had, such as the split screen coop campagin. Its a disgrace for the library and not even the sticky, smelly bottom of the bargain bins of gas stations all over the world are a fitting end to all the copies of the aforementioned turd. Also, its the one PS3 game i paid the most for.

Well, it's clear that no one is going to automatically enjoy and agree with every game on the list. I mean, Demon Souls is readily loved but I'd pick Resistance 2 over that any day. :P

@casharmy said:

@nervmeister said:

@kingoflife9: Cow ignorance at its finest.

He is a lemming, you should know the post history of someone before you make statements like this.

You're still living that fantasy that's only perpetuated by the PS3 fanbase?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

'Twas indeed a great console. Just had a slow as shit start.

PS2 still the GOAT, though.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

PSWii ftw!

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#126  Edited By dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

TC, you forgot Lost Odyssey for the X360. 8-\

SirCantelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By SirCantelope
Member since 2013 • 35 Posts

@always_explicit:

Hah, that's so true.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@dr_jashugan: That wasn't AAE or above.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#129 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@dr_jashugan: That wasn't AAE or above.

That's a goddamn crime. DAMN YOU, GAMESPOT.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@rjdofu said:

None of what you've said is fact, sorry.

I own a PS3 thats a fact.

Its covered in dust, thats a fact.

I own seven titles for it thats a fact.

I find it a huge disappointment...thats an opinion based upon the above facts. Sorry.

It still doesn't change the most important FACT that: those fact that you listed are your personal experience with the console, which by no mean has influence on how others view the console. And as I said, you have to deal with that alone.

People don't "forget how god awful the titles have been for the last ten years" because that isn't a fact, that is your opinion, and no one has to follow your opinion. Therefore your complaining about people praising a console that you don't like is ridiculous and should not be taken seriously by anyone.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

If you were a console only gamer and you didnt own a ps3 this gen you pretty much had a B or C grade experience.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Suppaman100

@always_explicit said:

@Suppaman100: You can claim your being objective all you like but the fact is your being subjective too. Your making the assumption specs are more important than the kinect. They may well be but thats totally dependent on the value "YOU" attached to them....subjective.

Your objectivity subjectivity argument isnt going to help anybody. Seasoned gamers know what they want. New gamers start gaming because they want to play the next big game whichever console that happens to be on.

To be perfectly honest I dont know why you have bothered with this back and forth. I cant wait to play my XBOXONE. For me its more than just a spec upgrade like the PS4, its actually pushing gaming in a next gen direction by incorporating multiple features and different ways to interact with our entertainment.

I know why you focused so much on specifications and price now....because thats the only weapon the PS has in its arsenal. Its not bad as a standalone gaming unit...if thats what you want then you can go far wrong its got all those extra flops.Enjoy it. But the Xbox offers a competitive gaming experience and more.

To answer your question I believe the Xbox one to be the better console. You stated in your last post that you knew the answer to the question and that it was the last time you would be asking me. All I ask is that you keep your word....dont ask me again. Its boring...

Just lol, after countless attempts of asking you to be objective you still can't be...I guess the mad lemming disease has spread to far in your body.

"Your making the assumption specs are more important than the kinect. They may well be but thats totally dependent on the value "YOU" attached to them....subjective."

No, I said that specs AND price outweigh having kinect. If you think kinect is more important than price and specs...well that's just delusional. And yes maybe for "YOU" kinect outweighs both of these points, but it's common sense that neutral people with an objective point of view don't agree with you and find that price and specs vastly outweigh kinect.

Also lol that you think specs and price is the only thing going for the PS4.

(Most previews I've seen show that the new PS4 controller>Xone controller, let's not forget the positive publicity PS4 got thanks to the joke that was the Xone reveal, PS4 is also dev-friendly, It's also safe to say when looking at reviews that Sony's first-party devs are also better than MS's first-party devs,.....)

And unlike lemmings I also see the negatives of PS4, the biggest one being that multiplayer won't be free of charge anymore. Although PS+ looks like a good service, it's still a bitter pill imo.

I also would love to use games as a variable in this factual debate, but the fact is we can not do this because the games aren't even released or reviewed yet. If we had some reviews, we could trow in games as a variable. But as of now, we can't.

And I will respect your request and won't ask again, because I sense that you know I'm right and PS4 is objectively the best console to get at launch.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

PS3's library is imo the best when compared to 360 & Wii...

Negro-y-Azul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#134 Negro-y-Azul
Member since 2013 • 79 Posts

PS3 took an absolute pummeling at the start of the gen, was really almost WiiU like in it's terribleness, but had an amazing come back. While I've stuck to the 360 for my multiplats all gen because of generally better quality, LIVE, friends, controller and achievements, PS3 took over in exclusives about 5 years ago almost completely (except the excellent Halo Gears Forza, all of which I adore).

I think the main point is that one console will never give you the best experience. 360 dominated early on while PS3 was overpriced with horrible exclusives, online and inferior multiiplats... but now PS3 has tons of amazing exclusives, multiplats just as good (or better, GTAV) than 360, and PSN is really good considering it's free (on PS3 at least!).

I'm really glad I experienced both consoles at their best, along with a Wii for Nintendo goodness and wacky motion controls :D

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 always_explicit

LOL

The PS4 is an incredibly uninspired product. Honestly thats the one thing thats keeping me a million miles away from purchasing one. Its just an absolute bore. Theres nothing interesting or exciting about it. Even listening to the hardcore cows speak about it. Flops flops flops pffttt. If the console is genuinely so vastly superior to the competition...where is the heavy hitter on the launch lineup...the game thats gonna shift systems....the game thats gonna blow the X1 out the water. Snorezone??? HAHA

You would think if Sony had such utter confidence in their system that they would sink some money into a decent game or two.

The PS4 is without a doubt the least interesting console ever released. Its the Toby Flenderson of gaming.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Suppaman100

@always_explicit said:

LOL

The PS4 is an incredibly uninspired product. Honestly thats the one thing thats keeping me a million miles away from purchasing one. Its just an absolute bore. Theres nothing interesting or exciting about it. Even listening to the hardcore cows speak about it. Flops flops flops pffttt. If the console is genuinely so vastly superior to the competition...where is the heavy hitter on the launch lineup...the game thats gonna shift systems....the game thats gonna blow the X1 out the water. Snorezone??? HAHA

You would think if Sony had such utter confidence in their system that they would sink some money into a decent game or two.

The PS4 is without a doubt the least interesting console ever released. Its the Toby Flenderson of gaming.

Such a shame, I thought you were a lemming with some rational, logical debating capabilities...alas I was wrong.

Anyway I'll go back to the SW level of debating then.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 always_explicit

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Such a shame, I thought you were a lemming with some rational, logical debating capabilities...alas I was wrong.

To be fair I have no interest in engaging you in debate. There is nothing to debate. Im buying an X1, because it is the superior product as far as my personal needs are concerned. As I have said repeatedly. I have also said on a number of occasions on a number of threads that I find the PS4 a dull and uninspired console with limited appeal. Im not here to persuade people to buy either console, it makes no difference to me, but I will, as and when I feel appropriate, interject with a thought or an opinion.

Currently at this moment in time I am wondering why the hell Sony didnt have a stellar IP ready for launch.

Nor do I care how you perceive my rationale, my logic, or my debating capabilities.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Suppaman100

@always_explicit said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

To be fair I have no interest in engaging you in debate. There is nothing to debate. Im buying an X1, because it is the superior product as far as my personal needs are concerned. As I have said repeatedly. I have also said on a number of occasions on a number of threads that I find the PS4 a dull and uninspired console with limited appeal. Im not here to persuade people to buy either console, it makes no difference to me, but I will, as and when I feel appropriate, interject with a thought or an opinion.

Currently at this moment in time I am wondering why the hell Sony didnt have a stellar IP ready for launch.

Nor do I care how you perceive my rationale, my logic, or my debating capabilities.

Stellar IP's? I don't see any stellar IP's on Xbox ONE or PS4's side.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 always_explicit

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Stellar IP's? I don't see any stellar IP's on Xbox ONE or PS4's side.

Having had the misfortune to stumble on your created topic using a picture of a battered woman to prove a trivial point about two games consoles im not going to engage in conversation with you any more. Im quite disgusted and I think you need to gain a wider perspective of the world around you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

@always_explicit said:

LOL

Yes because the console itself is why people make a purchase. Hint: You need games.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 always_explicit

@LJS9502_basic: thats not a hint if anything its a spoiler.