Owning up here--PS3 rocked the end of the road here.

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@always_explicit said:

A ten year generation and two extra exclusive titles???

Ownage??...really???

You can create lists all you like but the fact is my PS3 does nothing but gather dust until naughty god release a title.

This is just beyond belief. Cow circle jerk.

Dat butthurt, your PS3 has nothing to do with this, you have to deal with that "fact" alone, sorry.

Just thank Stevo that he even leaves games like Scene It? on the 360 list, lol.

Why would I be buttheart, I own a PS3...I play the games I want to play on it, the fact is thats about 7 titles. Its a huge disappointment, especially considering the buzz created about it haha.

Pull a handful of decent titles out of the bag at the end of the gen and everyone forgets how god awful the titles have been for the last ten years.

#52 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -
#53 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (2845 posts) -

Its pretty funny that people say Microsoft are just Forza/Halo/Gears when that list has 24 different franchises for Xbox, and 26 different franchises for PS3... not much difference.

Not to mention the PC/360 games and timed exclusives that came out like Mass effect, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, condemned and Oblivion; and the stealing of Playstation recognised franchises like FF13 and now MGS and you have yourself some serious ownage by Microsoft.

TCHBR just wait will be the motto once again, just so they can play a bunch of games at the end of the gen.

#54 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -
#55 Posted by XboxStache (901 posts) -

COD sucks on the PS3. Thread.

#56 Posted by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

Thread.

#57 Posted by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Look at all that butthurt.

TLHBO, PS3 has better sales and games than 360.

/thread

#59 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38153 posts) -

@XboxStache said:

Thread.

I'm really upset by the fact that I can't respond to this just with the old :lol: face :(

#61 Edited by Promised_Trini (3505 posts) -

Its pretty funny that people say Microsoft are just Forza/Halo/Gears when that list has 24 different franchises for Xbox, and 26 different franchises for PS3... not much difference.

Not to mention the PC/360 games and timed exclusives that came out like Mass effect, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, condemned and Oblivion; and the stealing of Playstation recognised franchises like FF13 and now MGS and you have yourself some serious ownage by Microsoft.

TCHBR just wait will be the motto once again, just so they can play a bunch of games at the end of the gen.

That Butthurt!.

#62 Edited by Obviously_Right (5085 posts) -

Best system of the gen by far. Sucks for you if you didn't have one.

#63 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

PS3 is better than PC because it actually has real games. PC only has RTS garbage and multiplats.

#64 Posted by nervmeister (15132 posts) -
#65 Posted by glez13 (8498 posts) -

I think he only created this topic just to use the new tables. :P

#66 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42525 posts) -
#67 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6509 posts) -

PS3 definitely is the best rounded system this gen imo

#68 Posted by Sollet (7207 posts) -

Hehe I wish one could see the face of those wii60 fanboys these days XD

#69 Posted by Zidaneski (8435 posts) -

The variety of games is what really surprises me the most. I can get a lot of different genres just by playing PS exclusives. The only unique non-exclusive game I actually have is Mirror's Edge.

#70 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

@Sollet said:

Hehe I wish one could see the face of those wii60 fanboys these days XD

They are a depressed bunch.

#71 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia x360?

#72 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@nervmeister said:

@kingoflife9: Cow ignorance at its finest.

He is a lemming, you should know the post history of someone before you make statements like this.

Xbox has the best games, best online, and best controller, and the console looks cool too.

...talking about being ignorant.

#73 Edited by blackace (19714 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer:

Opinions vary. i see great games and CRAP on both lists. Also, you're missing a ton of exclusives on all three lists.

Microsoft and the Wii had the best games for the first 3 years of those systems. The PS3 had the best games for the last 3 years. That's about it.

Also, Microsoft is still supporting the XBox 360. New games come out for it every week. It has over 100 titles coming out for it in the next 2 years. The Wii is dead at the end of this year. How do we know this? Nintendo told us themselves.

Nintendo Ending Wii Production

Microsoft support XBox 360 until 2016

#74 Edited by blackace (19714 posts) -

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

/thread

Butthurt cows are lost in Fantasy Land still. LOL!!

Better sales? Better games? LMAO!! Too funny.

#75 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5129 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

We counted MLB 10 and 11?

This.

#76 Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

We counted MLB 10 and 11?

This.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (an exclusive remake that scored AAA) and MLB 2009 (also scored AAA) were left off of the PS3 line up that would make this list look much worse!

#77 Posted by sebbi11 (1190 posts) -

lol, i fail to see the ownage here... one good year after 7 years, a lot of shitty (non selling) games on that aaae list, add a shitty online service, inferior multiplats AND piece of shit controller and things starts to go sour. As a PS3 owner i have to say the cows have surprisingly low standards... and now the PS4, no innovation what so ever, even the games are exactly the same. I feel like Sony are practically forcing me into a full blown lemming.

#78 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@blackace said:

Oh man awesome gif :D

Ribéry is such a douche.

#79 Edited by bulby_g (981 posts) -

All I know is that the PS3 is the only last gen console still getting some playtime in my living room. :)

#80 Edited by Sollet (7207 posts) -

@sebbi11 said:

lol, i fail to see the ownage here... one good year after 7 years, a lot of shitty (non selling) games on that aaae list, add a shitty online service, inferior multiplats AND piece of shit controller and things starts to go sour. As a PS3 owner i have to say the cows have surprisingly low standards... and now the PS4, no innovation what so ever, even the games are exactly the same. I feel like Sony are practically forcing me into a full blown lemming.

Maybe you should open your eyes?

The PS3 was released one year after the 360, it had a really bad start with higher price tag and no real good exclusives.

Look at it now - still pumping out AAAE (more to come), while the 360 is pretty much abandoned and dead.

#81 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@always_explicit said:

Ownage??...really???

You can create lists all you like but the fact is my PS3 does nothing but gather dust until naughty god release a title.

Dat butthurt, your PS3 has nothing to do with this, you have to deal with that "fact" alone, sorry.

Why would I be buttheart, I own a PS3...I play the games I want to play on it, the fact is thats about 7 titles. Its a huge disappointment, especially considering the buzz created about it haha.

Pull a handful of decent titles out of the bag at the end of the gen and everyone forgets how god awful the titles have been for the last ten years.

None of what you've said is fact, sorry.

#82 Edited by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Suppaman100 said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

/thread

Butthurt cows are lost in Fantasy Land still. LOL!!

Better sales? Better games? LMAO!! Too funny.

(LOL beautiful gif)

But you can cry all you want, what I said is still true.

Fact 1; PS3 has better sales than 360 worldwide

Fact 2; If you look at metacritic or gamespot, the result is still the same, PS3 has more quality games.

PS3 had a slow start, but in the end, it won the war. Deal with it.

360 will always be remembered for RROD.

#83 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

Yeah i agree.......PS3 have dominate at the end of the road in quality games and sales.

#84 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16240 posts) -

Too bad Resistance 2 is the absolute, worst piece of crap i've touched on the PS3, its boring, bland, generic and lacked feautres that the original game had, such as the split screen coop campagin. Its a disgrace for the library and not even the sticky, smelly bottom of the bargain bins of gas stations all over the world are a fitting end to all the copies of the aforementioned turd. Also, its the one PS3 game i paid the most for.

#85 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16240 posts) -

It spent the entire generation playing catchup and only ended coming out on top by a single title.

Not impressive in the slightest.

Some people spent the entire generation waiting for MGS4 to be ported over to the 360, and it never happened. But in the end the PS3 stood tall in both exclusive games and sales, despite the rocky start. I absolutely love it.

#86 Edited by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

Also note that Journey isn't included in the PS3 list. (it's also a retail game so it should be included)

So even withouth a GOTY game, PS3's library is still far better than the competition.

Incredible. It's not on a PS2 level of ownage, but it's still ownage.

U mad lems? LOL

#87 Posted by fadersdream (3153 posts) -

You forgot Last Guardian, a PS3 list just isn't complete without the Last Guardian.

#88 Posted by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@always_explicit said:

@rjdofu said:

@always_explicit said:

Ownage??...really???

I own a PS3 thats a fact.

Its covered in dust, thats a fact.

I own seven titles for it thats a fact.

I find it a huge disappointment...thats an opinion based upon the above facts. Sorry.

#89 Edited by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@always_explicit said:

@rjdofu said:

@always_explicit said:

Ownage??...really???

I own a PS3 thats a fact.

Its covered in dust, thats a fact.

I own seven titles for it thats a fact.

I find it a huge disappointment...thats an opinion based upon the above facts. Sorry.

Okay, so it's a fact that the PS3 is a dissapointment for you personally.

Luckily for rational thinking people, PS3 is the best console compared to 360.

#90 Posted by barrybarryk (436 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles is probably my favourite game from this entire console generation. Hopefully there'll be a home console sequel on the PS4 (or for some reason the Wii U, it seems like a good fit for it) and a "HD remaster" of the PSP sequels, with the 3rd game finally translated.

#91 Posted by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

@Suppaman100: Whats irrational about my purchasing? The fact I have only purchased 7 games for my PS3 shows exactly how rational my thought process is with regards to buying games and which console I buy them for. Those are the only titles I wished to purchase because they are the only exclusives that appealed to me.

What was irrational was my decision to buy the poorly supported PS3 at launch at launch price. a mistake I shall not be repeating with the PS4. I seem to remember this level of hype from Sony when the PS3 came out and look what happened there. 2 years of waiting for a decent game to play is what happened.

Just as a sidenote....you can buy what you like dude. I really dont care. The X1 and the 360 meet my personal and family entertainment requirements in a way the PS4 doesnt. Using rationality my wife and daughter love the kinect. I love games and movies. I also prefer the launch lineup. Based on that which would you buy?

#92 Posted by Heil68 (42609 posts) -

I could of told you the out come long ago Steveo. When you're synonymous with world class gaming like Sony is AND follow the Live, Learn and Love philosophy like they do, the by gamers for gamers mantra pays off to us, the end users.

#93 Posted by Willy105 (24486 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I could of told you the out come long ago Steveo. When you're synonymous with world class gaming like Sony is AND follow the Live, Learn and Love philosophy like they do, the by gamers for gamers mantra pays off to us, the end users.

Yeah, it's a great mantra that Sony started caring about only a few months ago.

#94 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2600 posts) -

There is no question that the PS3 is a great console, with awesome exclusives.....but to say that it has the most high-quality exclusives, once again, is just a matter of opinion, not fact.

Most of the PS3 exclusives follow the same format, they are story-driven action-adventure games, which provide little replay value after their initial 12-20 hour playthrough is over....meanwhile, I've clocked over hundreds of hours online with my buddies on games such as the Forza series, something which has no equal on the PS3......I would never trade that experience with a game like TLOS or MGS4, which would be over in a few days time. It's just mater of taste, you may prefer the exclusives offered by the PS3, but myself and many others prefer the exclusives provided by the 360, no one is better, just different for different people, and different moods as well.

#95 Posted by barrybarryk (436 posts) -

Good point... Well, except Gran Turismo exists

#96 Edited by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@Suppaman100: Whats irrational about my purchasing? The fact I have only purchased 7 games for my PS3 shows exactly how rational my thought process is with regards to buying games and which console I buy them for. Those are the only titles I wished to purchase because they are the only exclusives that appealed to me.

What was irrational was my decision to buy the poorly supported PS3 at launch at launch price. a mistake I shall not be repeating with the PS4. I seem to remember this level of hype from Sony when the PS3 came out and look what happened there. 2 years of waiting for a decent game to play is what happened.

Just as a sidenote....you can buy what you like dude. I really dont care. The X1 and the 360 meet my personal and family entertainment requirements in a way the PS4 doesnt. Using rationality my wife and daughter love the kinect. I love games and movies. I also prefer the launch lineup. Based on that which would you buy?

So you bought a console for only 7 games? That's weird imo but okay. And it's funny you only find 7 games interesting in the PS3 library.

I also assume you buy all your multiplats on the 360.

Buying a console for only 7 games is not rational IMO or maybe you could be rich.

You also assume that PS4 will be like the launch of PS3. Well that's just not true, PS4 is cheaper and more powerful than the competition, PS4 is also much more dev-friendly than the PS3 was in the beginning. So I don't think Sony will make the same mistake as they did with the expensive, more complicated PS3. Now if we're talking about launch titles, well let's be honest here, Xone an PS4's launch line-up are mediocre at best, but what can you expect it's a launch.

And I won't buy any next-gen console on launch. I never buy a console at launch, it's stupid imo. First of all, the library isn't that extensive in the beginning and most importantly there are always some minor hardware faults with consoles at the beginning of their lifecycle. (But just looking at the facts, the facts being that PS4 is more powerful and cheaper, one can conclude that PS4 is by far the best console you can buy at launch)

And there is no need at all to buy a next-gen console if you have a PS3 imo, just look at all the great games that have been released this year. (and will release in the future, look at the KH2.5 announcement today)

If you're a 360 only gamer, I understand though, there was nothing to play on it except for multiplats. (And I can also make foolish assumptions like you did with PS4 having a slow start like PS3 and say that Xone will have no support in the end of its life...but I won't)

#97 Posted by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

There is no question that the PS3 is a great console, with awesome exclusives.....but to say that it has the most high-quality exclusives, once again, is just a matter of opinion, not fact.

Most of the PS3 exclusives follow the same format, they are story-driven action-adventure games, which provide little replay value after their initial 12-20 hour playthrough is over....meanwhile, I've clocked over hundreds of hours online with my buddies on games such as the Forza series, something which has no equal on the PS3......I would never trade that experience with a game like TLOS or MGS4, which would be over in a few days time. It's just mater of taste, you may prefer the exclusives offered by the PS3, but myself and many others prefer the exclusives provided by the 360, no one is better, just different for different people, and different moods as well.

Look at the facts, gamespot or metacritic. Doesn't matter, the objective conclusion is that PS3 has the most quality games.

So you're implying there are no multiplayer games on PS3 that offer 100+ hours of enjoyment. Well that's just ignorant and foolish.

Ever heard about Little big planet 1 and 2. (that give more hours of gameplay than Forza ever could, because one can use their imagination to create almost any game you want in LBP) The games are also ranked VERY high in metacritic, look it up. I think the first scored 95 or something on metacritic.

KZ2,3, the resistance games and Uncharted 2 and 3 also offer immense fps multiplayer fun. And of course there are ton of multiplats with good multiplayer modes.

And it's funny you compare a MULTIplayer game with SINGLEplayer games like TLOU and MGS4. Don't you understand that they can not be compared.

(Btw TLOU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Forza)

#98 Edited by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

@Suppaman100: I told you, you cant throw facts at me all you like but im not impressed with more powerful, the PS3 was "more powerful" and it translated into nothing particularly tangible. Im buying the Xbox for myself my wife and my daughter because the console has elements which appeal to all of us in ways the PS4 cannot compete.

I appreciate you taking the time to "counter" my points but unfortunately its just a case of personal preference. The X1 suits my needs better. I totally get why a "hardcore gamer" would turn to the PS4. Its offers those extra flops and its cheaper....I get that. But its meaningless to me. I want the fantastic online service Im already subscribed too. I love Xbox music. I love Netflix and numerous other apps. I actually like the kinect. My daughter and wife love it. It also looks like it might see more decent integration into games in the next gen which I am excited for. The PS4 just doesnt interest me in the same way. I am extremely glad Sony improved their controller however and I think thats going to be very favourable for them.

I actually think the X1 launch up is pretty strong but again its a matter of opinion.

Im not a 360 only gamer. I play the seven aforementioned PS3 titles. I may choose to purchase the PS4 in the future if it starts to offer products and services that are not avaliable on the X1 but until that time I do not see much point.

#99 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2600 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Look at the facts, gamespot or metacritic. Doesn't matter, the objective conclusion is that PS3 has the most quality games.

So you're implying there are no multiplayer games on PS3 that offer 100+ hours of enjoyment. Well that's just ignorant and foolish.

Ever heard about Little big planet 1 and 2. (that give more hours of gameplay than Forza ever could, because one can use their imagination to create almost any game you want in LBP) The games are also ranked VERY high in metacritic, look it up. I think the first scored 95 or something on metacritic.

KZ2,3, the resistance games and Uncharted 2 and 3 also offer immense fps multiplayer fun. And of course there are ton of multiplats with good multiplayer modes.

And it's funny you compare a MULTIplayer game with SINGLEplayer games like TLOU and MGS4. Don't you understand that they can not be compared.

(Btw TLOU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Forza)

All I'm saying is that each machine offers different exclusives, and it's a matter of personal preference which one you like more, not fact. I used Forza as an example because it is a 360 exclusive, and was comparing it with another PS3 exclusive....yes they are totally different, but what I'm trying to say is that some people would prefer to play Forza or Gears of War, over any other game the PS3 offers(comparable or not)....it's all a matter of taste, that's all I'm saying......not implying which game is better than which.

#100 Posted by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

@Suppaman100: I told you, you cant throw facts at me all you like but im not impressed with more powerful, the PS3 was "more powerful" and it translated into nothing particularly tangible. Im buying the Xbox for myself my wife and my daughter because the console has elements which appeal to all of us in ways the PS4 cannot compete.

I appreciate you taking the time to "counter" my points but unfortunately its just a case of personal preference. The X1 suits my needs better. I totally get why a "hardcore gamer" would turn to the PS4. Its offers those extra flops and its cheaper....I get that. But its meaningless to me. I want the fantastic online service Im already subscribed too. I love Xbox music. I love Netflix and numerous other apps. I actually like the kinect. My daughter and wife love it. It also looks like it might see more decent integration into games in the next gen which I am excited for. The PS4 just doesnt interest me in the same way. I am extremely glad Sony improved their controller however and I think thats going to be very favourable for them.

I actually think the X1 launch up is pretty strong but again its a matter of opinion.

Im not a 360 only gamer. I play the seven aforementioned PS3 titles. I may choose to purchase the PS4 in the future if it starts to offer products and services that are not avaliable on the X1 but until that time I do not see much point.

I understand where you are coming from. I look at the launch from a different perspective, the perspective of someone without any preferences, someone with a "blank slate". And from that perspective it's obvious that PS4 is superior because of the cheaper price and more powerful hardware.

Now your point of view is that of someone with a history, someone who prefers Xbox games and services.

So the difference is that I view the launch from an objective standpoint and you look at it from a subjective standpoint.

But now answer my question, my friend. What is you conclusion, if you look at the launch with an objective point of view. (objective meaning looking at facts, btw I don't want to insult your intelligence but there are many uneducated people on SW who do not know the difference)

So which one is the best PS4 or the Xone, objectively?