Owners of all three, what do you like best?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

There's a rare breed of gamer out there, one that lives beyond all the petty system war spats of irrelevance. I'm talking of course about the gamer with a high paying job who can afford the Wii U, Xbox One, and the Ps4 (and ouya, though people don't seem to care about that one).

Despite the annoying specs dispute and raging gamers over paltry launch lineups across the board (that's right -- the wii u, Xbox one, and ps4 launch lineups all suck) -- which one have gamers had the most fun with?

If you're just going to piss and moan over one console because that's all you own, please go argue about the completely irrelevant port of Tomb Raider some more. But for people who've invested in more than one console, which have you preferred so far?

If I had to pick enjoyment, the wii u would have to take the cake, though that system's been out over a year now and has had plenty of time to build up a semi-decent game library -- Mario 3d world and pikmin 3 both got over 20 hours of play.

As for the "next-gen" consoles, I'd have to say I had the most fun with Dead Rising 3 and had more of a "holy crap I'm playing a next gen console" nerd out with killzone.

What about you guys?

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I cant pick one over the other. I can play Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone, Resogun, all the multiplatform games on whatever console i wish, along with Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wii Sports Club games, Wonderful 101. All the systems work very well and have interesting features that make them fun to play. Im looking forward to Donkey Kong, Infamous and Titanfall equally.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Not owner of ps4~ as there is not an exclusive on it yet that i want. Soon as something comes it will be in my home!

I have owned the wii u and x1 So far, i hated the wii u so much that i sold it, I might pick other one up when X hits, not sure yet

dead rising 3 was a blast and titanfall is about to hit. So ya i guess you can say x1

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RealJaysonguy

^^^ depending on when you bought and sold the wii u, I can say the system's gotten a lot better over the last year.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

ps4=xbone>wiiu

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

PS4.

At this moment, I'd place Wii U ahead of X1 simply due to games. Both have noticeable firmware gripes that need remedying but X1 has Kinect at the heart of its function and it simply doesn't function well for me.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RealJaysonguy

@Basinboy: my surround sound definitely interferes with kinect's ability to hear us.

I'm waiting for some interesting kinect games to come out before I make my final judgment.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

I don't own any of the next-gen consoles yet. Out of the three, the only one that I might be interested in getting is probably the Wii U, because of its Nintendo exclusives you wouldn't find anywhere else. On the other hand, the few PS4 and X1 games that interest me are coming to PC anyway, so I don't see the point in getting those consoles, for now.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Ps4 for sure.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@realjaysonguy said:

@Basinboy: my surround sound definitely interferes with kinect's ability to hear us.

I'm waiting for some interesting kinect games to come out before I make my final judgment.

I have no hesitation rendering judgment for Kinect. I already lived with it on the 360 and there is little to suggest the gameplay integration will be any different (or good in any way).

Also, yes, surround sound causes problems for me. But I primarily game with Triton headphones and voice commands are still inconsistent.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'm only an owner of the PS4 and the Wii U. My preference so far has been with the Wii U simply because I've played more games on it. Killzone: Shadow Fall was average and AC4, while great fun, was the only other game I've played on the system. Meanwhile, I've already enjoyed a wealth of fun times on the Wii U both single and multiplayer.

EDIT: I only responded because in the OP you said, "But for people who've invested in more than one console, which have you preferred so far?" If you hadn't said that, I would have just read and moved on. :P Sorry if I didn't follow the rules of the thread!

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RealJaysonguy

@Zassimick: if you have ps+ have you checked out any of the free game? Contrast and Don't Starve are pretty good for games you don't have to pay for. For some reason, I got no enjoyment out of Resogun.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zassimick  Moderator
@realjaysonguy said:

@Zassimick: if you have ps+ have you checked out any of the free game? Contrast and Don't Starve are pretty good for games you don't have to pay for. For some reason, I got no enjoyment out of Resogun.

Yeah I do, and I have all three of those downloaded! Only just tried Resogun, haven't yet tried the other two. Don't Starve doesn't seem to be my type of game but since I have it its the perfect opportunity to see if I can get into it.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Zassimick said:
@realjaysonguy said:

Yeah I do, and I have all three of those downloaded! Only just tried Resogun, haven't yet tried the other two. Don't Starve doesn't seem to be my type of game but since I have it its the perfect opportunity to see if I can get into it.

I've been addicted to it for the past 2 days. I thought I wouldn't get into it. It works really well with the controller, probably more so than m/kb. It gets frustrating when you make it far along and you die out of stupidity, though. You have to start all over.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RealJaysonguy

@Zassimick: haha it's all good. I just wanted one peaceful thread where people can honestly and rationally talk about consoles without limp-dicked fanboys calling each other cow lem and sheep and trying to belittling each other's opinion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I own them all. Im order of what I like

PS4, Xbone then Wiiu

Which coincidentally is where I think sales will end up too.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I hate the concept of exclusives ! every system is pretty much a computer, hardly different from one another in hardware , especially Sony and Microsoft. Getting all of them seems redundant because the differences seem forced not natural.

And speaking about Xbox and Playstation specifically, some of the Exclusives have decent substitutes, you can Sub Halo with Resistance, Gears with Uncharted, God of War with Castlevania/DarkSiders, The Puppeteer with Rayman/Mario Brother, etc. You get the point, Getting all Three is just unnecessary clutter, you're gona have to bench one of them eventually.

But If I could, I'l get the PC because its a PC, The PS3/PS4 for Convenience and The Wii U for friends (The Reall Kind, not the Stays too far away to visit so we play online kind.)

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RealJaysonguy

@Lulu_Lulu: I see your point. Exclusives are what get me to buy systems though. Exclusives are inconvenient for the buyer, but are as good as they are because of exclusivity. Competition drives innovation and if every game released on every console, there would only be one console , and that console would no longer have to try to get gamers to buy it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ RealJaysonguy

You know what Microsoft is doing to try and get you to buy the Xbox One...... F#cking TV and NFL sh!t, not to mention that pay wall gets bigger and bigger as more stuff goes behind it !

Playstaion 4 atleast has the Share Button but what the hell is the Touch Pad for ? Even if it were for gaming related stuff its not exactly intuitive to use.

Nintendo ! Well you know them, same old same old..... Oh wait, They did Wii Mote and the Tablet Controller, and they say they Say its outdated because they can't play a local multiplayer game online. Ha !

Thats what 8th Generation is doing to try and get yo moneys ! And its rather pathetic considering if you remove the non game next gen features they are pretty much the same. You're concerned that a sinlge platform won't have try anything to get you to buy their console, well fear not, its pretty much already happening, and gamers are enabling this lazyness, just like they enable Bethesda's Incompatence and Microsoft's Thievery. Gamers don't really want innovation, they want PC Power without actually having to buy the PC, they rudicule motion controls first chance they get and buy the same old controller theyve been using for the past 20 years. And yet they moan and whine about not enough innovation, Companies have been innovating shit left right and centre, it just aint selling. Nobody wants Innovation, atleast not from a gaming perspective, (as remote, the Kinect 2 is very innovative, unintuitive and unreliable, but still innovative).

But you know what was really freaking annoying, when Capcom and EA made exclusive games for these Machines! WTF man ! Two of the Largest Publishers in the world have effectively just limited their own market Potential because "The Cloud and Kinect". What ? did Capcom think Capcom Vancouver was Wasting their time with DR3 and say "What the hell, if Microsoft want to foot the bill for our game, I say let'em, its not like its not like its worth anything to us". If they believed in the Damn thing, If they saw any value in it at all, Capcom wouldve published DR3 themselves for every Platform, so why didn't they ? Hint: How many copies has it sold?

Atleast Activision knows better (Destiny). Looks like UBIsoft does too. (The Divsion)

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Only have a Wii u and ps4. I see no reason to get an Xbox because it will share most of 90% of it's library with the ps4. Ps4 still has the edge, because even though ps4 and the Xbox one share the same library the ps4 will get third party exclusives by default, since the games would sell like shit on xbox one. (Persona, Disgaea Tales of ect.)

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Currently I only own a PS4, but I would be interested to see the general concencus on which people seem to prefer out of XBO and WiiU, I'm still not decided on my 2nd 8th gen console!

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By inggrish

@Zassimick said:
@realjaysonguy said:

Do give it a try.

I'm in 2 minds about Don't Starve after playing it for a fair few hours from PS+.

On the one hand it's addictive, and there's surprisingly deep mechanics in play for crafting and similar.

But conversely, once you die you lose that character completely, so you have to start a new game. You keep nothing except a little xp to unlock new characters; so there is little progression or replayability offered, and it feels almost as though the game is missing something because of it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Only have a Wii u and ps4. I see no reason to get an Xbox because it will share most of 90% of it's library with the ps4. Ps4 still has the edge, because even though ps4 and the Xbox one share the same library the ps4 will get third party exclusives by default, since the games would sell like shit on xbox one. (Persona, Disgaea Tales of ect.)

Well said and I'm the same. No reason to get an Xbox One for me because of inferior multiplats and exclusives I have no interest in, and then there's Kinect crap.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

I haven't been fair to Microsoft. The Xbox makes a great Heater ! It keeps me warm during the winter and I use it to thaw frozen meat ! :p Innovation ! BOOOOOOYAAAAA !!!

Zaraxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zaraxius
Member since 2013 • 221 Posts

The 3DS so far. If you're just including the three consoles, then it's definitely the Wii U.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

I dont have the Wii U, but I have the Xbox One and PS4, I do not like one over the other, both have exclusives that I like and I cant have one without the other, BUT if I had to absolutely choose one over the other I would go with the Xbox One.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I got all 3 and by far the PS4 is the best of all systems

sadly Wii U is played with once or twice every few months

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Honestly, I've enjoyed the Wii U the most so far. It just has a better library of games because it's been out longer. In the long run the PS4 will win though. The future lineup of games appeals to me more than Nintendo's, even though I've sort of always been a Nintendo guy. I grew up with Nintendo.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

Currently have PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 hooked up to the entertainment center in my den. Of all of them, the PC is getting the most use right now. I have a feeling that will shift towards the Xbox One as they release more stuff and fix bugs (just patched the blu-ray player and it is now a better player than the PS4's which it should have been from the beginning).

I have Vita and 3DS.. Haven't been compelled to go get a Wii U.

So far, my experience of the next gen consoles. Empty and buggy. The premiere titles (Ryse and KZ) both kind of blow. I played COD: Ghosts on the "inferior" Xbox One and had an absolute blast. So far the biggest negative about any of these consoles is their fanbase. Every time I try to get information about what's going on out there I have to wade through so much bullshit and exaggeration taken to the point of lying that I feel like I'm never going to want to use the social aspects of any of these consoles. It's made worse by the fact that the news sites and the fanboi's feed off each other. Someone throws out a rumor or half heard bit of info, and the next thing you know it's on every news site being reported as fact. Ugh.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zassimick  Moderator

@_Matt_: @millerlight89: The dying bit is the only thing that makes me question my enjoyment. A big reason I don't play multiplayer games is because I don't feel like I'm working towards anything other than my own skill; ends up seeming like a waste of time in the long run. With singleplayer games I work through a story, experiencing new environments and such and there is a definite ending.

The way Don't Starve works will keep me entertained but I almost feel like it's something I'll die twice in then say that's enough. Not trying to pass judgement early although it may seem that way. :P If I have fun with it when I do play with it then that means there's just another great game for me!

@realjaysonguy said:

@Zassimick: haha it's all good. I just wanted one peaceful thread where people can honestly and rationally talk about consoles without limp-dicked fanboys calling each other cow lem and sheep and trying to belittling each other's opinion.

Which is nice. This board is System Wars, not Users Act Like Foul-Mouthed Children. I enjoy the discussion System Wars provides with good users, sadly you have to wade through trolls and alts to get to it.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Right now I have Xbox One and Wii U. I don't have a PS4 yet because there is nothing worth playing on PS4 at the moment, but I will definitely be buying one eventually, probably later on this year around the time that The Order: 1886 is released.

Right now, I like my Wii U the best simply because it has the best games at the moment. There is nothing on Xbox One or PS4 that can come close to the greatness of Super Mario 3D World yet, but I hate the Wii U hardware, controller, OS, and online service, so I don't expect it to remain my favorite for long.

In the long run, I think that I'm going to end up enjoying Xbox One the most this gen.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I don't own any of next generation consoles yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

I own all the consoles and handhelds. Despite that my favorite and most used gaming platform is the pc by far. Next gen usage so far Ive used my xb1 far more than my ps4 which was used mostly for a lot of resogun. I like my WiiU, but i barely use it. I liked zombiU and mario

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 inggrish

@Zassimick said:

@_Matt_: The dying bit is the only thing that makes me question my enjoyment. A big reason I don't play multiplayer games is because I don't feel like I'm working towards anything other than my own skill; ends up seeming like a waste of time in the long run. With singleplayer games I work through a story, experiencing new environments and such and there is a definite ending.

The way Don't Starve works will keep me entertained but I almost feel like it's something I'll die twice in then say that's enough. Not trying to pass judgement early although it may seem that way. :P If I have fun with it when I do play with it then that means there's just another great game for me!

Yeah, I know how you feel, if there weren't a huge amount of unlocks drip fed to me in shooters like Battlefield 4, then I would never play them; and certainly not put 50 hours into the multiplayer like I have done with BF4.

Don't Starve just feels like it is missing something like a proper campaign or target, or something like that. I doubt I will play it many times more.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

don't have PS4 yet but so far:

PC>>>>>>>>3ds>>>>>WiiU>>>>>X1

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I'd say it's a tie between ps4 and Xbox 1. The Wii U is a distant second.