Own all 3? Impressions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

Exclusives. 1 Wii U. 2 Xbox One. 3 PS4.

The Xbox One has he best Ui followed by Wii U then PS4.

PS4 has the best hardware on paper by far but the software isn't taking advantage of it so far.

The Xbox One controller is crazy good. The DS4 is a close second.

All of the consoles offer something that warrants a purchase.

#2 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

Can I have your T.V?

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (54469 posts) -

I just own the two handhelds D:

Getting the Wii U soon, with PS4 next year

#4 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

@Joedgabe: It's a 70" Sharp. There are great TV deals around the Super Bowl. I got that TV for my basement at a great deal at that time last year. No problems since.

#5 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

Forza 5 and DR 3 are the best exclusives between Sony and M$ right now. Multiplats are better on PS4 however. I have COD, NBA2k14 and Madden on PS4 and BF4 on XB1. BF4 looks like hot garbage compared to PC. (I'm running a 3770k @4.2 and a gtx 690 @ 1440p on PC,)

#6 Posted by joel_c17 (2805 posts) -

You know launch exclusives suck when DR3 and forza 5 are the best ones out. The ps4 will win the exclusive game again this gen - they just have way more talented 1st party devs.

#7 Edited by SolidTy (41526 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

The Xbox One has he best Ui followed by Wii U then PS4.

All of the consoles offer something that warrants a purchase.

I own all three (along w/Vita, PCs, 3DS) and I don't agree that all three next gen machines warrant a purchase at this time at all.

I also completely don't agree by the UI rankings at all, because Wii U's UI is dead last. When you have to wait for loading times just to look at your Wii U settings, you know that UI isn't great. The Wii U UI is merely a modified old school Wii UI with added loading times depending on what you click.

Happy gaming though.

I posted about why all three don't warrant a purchase more in other threads...it's way too much to go over yet again when the point of this thread is for you to show off the picture you took of your setup. I'm surprised you didn't notice the bumper buttons on the new Xbone controller, maybe you like them. I felt the 360 shoulder buttons were amazing and shouldn't have been touched, but they changed the Xbone's shoulder buttons and I'm not sure I am liking the change. Other reviewers have been a lot harsher, I'm still on the fence awaiting an hardcore Xbone exclusive to buy.

#8 Posted by hiphops_savior (7680 posts) -

@joel_c17: neither Killzone Shadow Fall or Knack is something to boast about. On the flip side, Super Mario 3D World is definite GOTY contender.

#9 Edited by SolidTy (41526 posts) -

@joel_c17 said:

You know launch exclusives suck when DR3 and forza 5 are the best ones out. The ps4 will win the exclusive game again this gen - they just have way more talented 1st party devs.

I would agree Forza 5 is good but not DR3. Forza's in the 82/100 Meta range which is the lowest for the series. If you are not into racers though, it won't matter how good Forza is. My good friend was complaining about the DLC heavy micro transaction approach of the newest Forza game. He is into racers so he enjoys Forza, GT, etc...but he feels this game was a 360 ported to Xbone. The next Forza he feels should actually really good.

Xbone's DR3 and PS4's KZ: SF are in the mid 70s metacritic range. Those two are forgettable, but not bad games. They are fairly equal in terms of meta quality.

Strangely, I've had more fun with higher metascoring 83/100 Resogun. Not a great launch for either machine, but thankfully Resogun saved the day for me. Resogun is a digital PS4 game which is $15 normally, but free with PS+.

It just so happens 30 days of PS+ card was in every PS4 box + a $10 gift card.

#10 Edited by kazrium (1542 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

Exclusives. 1 Wii U. 2 Xbox One. 3 PS4.

The Xbox One has he best Ui followed by Wii U then PS4.

PS4 has the best hardware on paper by far but the software isn't taking advantage of it so far.

The Xbox One controller is crazy good. The DS4 is a close second.

All of the consoles offer something that warrants a purchase.

That's a pretty good summary of the current state of things, I really can't disagree with anything. And yes, I have all three, plus vita and 3ds, and of course PC.

#11 Posted by Evo_nine (1579 posts) -

Ill buy a ps4 when they release last of us 2.


No reason to touch it before then IMO.

#12 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5695 posts) -

The X1 UI is nice to look at, but it needs improvements. I don't consider it better than the one on the PS4 atm. PS4 UI needs work as well, but I find it to be much easier to navigate. As far as games go, they are both lacking in that department. As far as controllers go between the X1, and PS4, just flip a coin, you wont have a bad time with either of them. The only slight issue I have with the X1 controller is that its smaller than the 360 one, and the LB and RB bumpers don't feel all that great.

#13 Posted by Mesomorphin (741 posts) -

Owning all three plus PC. That my friend is the master race, a new breed of gamers. The kings, they show no bias.

#14 Posted by foxhound_fox (86939 posts) -

I can't imagine wasting so much money on gaming. I barely get time to play what I have currently, three brand new consoles on top of two generations of backlog? Fuck me.

#15 Edited by Mesomorphin (741 posts) -

I can't imagine wasting so much money on gaming. I barely get time to play what I have currently, three brand new consoles on top of two generations of backlog? Fuck me.

You aren't burdened to play every game on every system, you just have the variety.

#16 Posted by joel_c17 (2805 posts) -

@joel_c17: neither Killzone Shadow Fall or Knack is something to boast about. On the flip side, Super Mario 3D World is definite GOTY contender.

I never said they were - KZ gets is usual points deducted for being killzone. But i agree sonys exclusives are ordinary at the moment. But as someone who doesnt like car games - the xbone has nothing that interests me either.

#17 Posted by cheesie253 (835 posts) -

@SolidTy:

Scores don't mean everything. Sometimes games are just fun to play. Both KZ and DR3 have been great for me and are personally better than their "scores". My favorite gave last gen got a 6 here I think.

#18 Edited by Couth_ (9919 posts) -

Owner of the big 3 checking in

PC is da goat,best gfx,1440p res, best game prices, much controller support

PS4 very capable game machine, nice gfx lots of optimized games n exclusivs

Xbone gets the job done. okay gfx when u sit back. Forza is best, epic haptoc feedback on controller triggers

I could see most people getting away with just one of them depends what's your favorite flavour

Also own nexus 5 device and iPad air and wife own iPhone 5s and nexus 7 device. No bias in this house all systems treated fairly master race

#19 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8160 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@joel_c17 said:

You know launch exclusives suck when DR3 and forza 5 are the best ones out. The ps4 will win the exclusive game again this gen - they just have way more talented 1st party devs.

I would agree Forza 5 is good but not DR3. Forza's in the 82/100 Meta range which is the lowest for the series. If you are not into racers though, it won't matter how good Forza is. My good friend was complaining about the DLC heavy micro transaction approach of the newest Forza game. He is into racers so he enjoys Forza, GT, etc...but he feels this game was a 360 ported to Xbone. The next Forza he feels should actually really good.

Xbone's DR3 and PS4's KZ: SF are in the mid 70s metacritic range. Those two are forgettable, but not bad games. They are fairly equal in terms of meta quality.

Strangely, I've had more fun with higher metascoring 83/100 Resogun. Not a great launch for either machine, but thankfully Resogun saved the day for me. Resogun is a digital PS4 game which is $15 normally, but free with PS+.

It just so happens 30 days of PS+ card was in every PS4 box + a $10 gift card.

Hyperbole much? DR3 stood at 78 most of time (now slipped to 77), but actually ALL MAJOR PUBLICATIONS bar Gamespot and Eurogamer (which gave it 7) gave it 8 or higher out of 10.

#20 Edited by SolidTy (41526 posts) -

@cheesie253 said:

@SolidTy:

Scores don't mean everything. Sometimes games are just fun to play. Both KZ and DR3 have been great for me and are personally better than their "scores". My favorite gave last gen got a 6 here I think.

I know that scores don't mean everything. I'm sorry that's the meaning you got from my post. I've been here since 2005, and when I don't type enough...this sort of thing pops up. It's almost as if I need to type 1000 word essay to cover and anticipate EVERYTHING people are going to say. I've probably said that about 1000 times since 2005, what you are posting.

SW is a giant cycle of repeated phrases forevermore... :( Scores are a nice way for consumers to check out how much they want to spend on a game they aren't sure about, obviously though, if you have an unlimited budget, just buy everything forever and play them all and judge for yourself. Unfortunately, most of us don't have that much time.

If you already LOVE a developer, you probably could and should skip right over the reviews. I do that for my fave devs. Brands though? I wouldn't do that. Publishers do the BAIT AND SWITCH tactic maintaining a brand but switching out the developer many times from COD to Batman, etc.

We have to decide if game is is worth $60 to us, $40 to us, $20 to us, $10 to us, or skip it completely. Too many games, so little time. The critics, as much as they suck, can help consumers with their time and money.

I am not saying I don't have major issues with meta sites, I'm just saying it's something consumers can use instead of buying blindly. I prefer friends word of mouth, but I'm the friend that buys a lot of games before other friends so that doesn't always work.

With these new machines the PS4/Xbone, people also have to not only fork over the $60 for these games, but the $400 or $500 to play them. It's expensive, and that is where Metas can be useful, if understood they are flawed...which I do.

#21 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -

At this point in time I have zero interest in owning the X1. After having a 360 for two years and watching MS just stop supporting it beyond timed COD DLC I gave up. None of the entertainment crap interests me and Kinect can blow up for all I care. It is just obvious to me that MS wasn't aiming for me to be one of its core consumers with its newest console. Game installs the UI of the X1 are also slow at this point in time and the thing costs too much for what you get. This is just my opinion and I am not putting X1 owners down (trying to avoid stupid troll comments).

#22 Edited by SolidTy (41526 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy said:

@joel_c17 said:

You know launch exclusives suck when DR3 and forza 5 are the best ones out. The ps4 will win the exclusive game again this gen - they just have way more talented 1st party devs.

I would agree Forza 5 is good but not DR3. Forza's in the 82/100 Meta range which is the lowest for the series. If you are not into racers though, it won't matter how good Forza is. My good friend was complaining about the DLC heavy micro transaction approach of the newest Forza game. He is into racers so he enjoys Forza, GT, etc...but he feels this game was a 360 ported to Xbone. The next Forza he feels should actually really good.

Xbone's DR3 and PS4's KZ: SF are in the mid 70s metacritic range. Those two are forgettable, but not bad games. They are fairly equal in terms of meta quality.

Strangely, I've had more fun with higher metascoring 83/100 Resogun. Not a great launch for either machine, but thankfully Resogun saved the day for me. Resogun is a digital PS4 game which is $15 normally, but free with PS+.

It just so happens 30 days of PS+ card was in every PS4 box + a $10 gift card.

Hyperbole much? DR3 stood at 78 most of time (now slipped to 77), but actually ALL MAJOR PUBLICATIONS bar Gamespot and Eurogamer (which gave it 7) gave it 8 or higher out of 10.

Don't get bent out of shape, salty. ;(

I'm not the metacritic god, or I would adjust DR3 back for you because it means so much. Unfortunately, other games fluctuated as well...it is what it is.

#23 Posted by Spartan070 (16307 posts) -

I can't imagine wasting so much money on gaming. I barely get time to play what I have currently, three brand new consoles on top of two generations of backlog? Fuck me.

I see your point but "wasting" is relative. I don't make a truckload of money but at 30 with no wife/child/girlfriend/debt...well... :P

#24 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8160 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy said:

@joel_c17 said:

You know launch exclusives suck when DR3 and forza 5 are the best ones out. The ps4 will win the exclusive game again this gen - they just have way more talented 1st party devs.

I would agree Forza 5 is good but not DR3. Forza's in the 82/100 Meta range which is the lowest for the series. If you are not into racers though, it won't matter how good Forza is. My good friend was complaining about the DLC heavy micro transaction approach of the newest Forza game. He is into racers so he enjoys Forza, GT, etc...but he feels this game was a 360 ported to Xbone. The next Forza he feels should actually really good.

Xbone's DR3 and PS4's KZ: SF are in the mid 70s metacritic range. Those two are forgettable, but not bad games. They are fairly equal in terms of meta quality.

Strangely, I've had more fun with higher metascoring 83/100 Resogun. Not a great launch for either machine, but thankfully Resogun saved the day for me. Resogun is a digital PS4 game which is $15 normally, but free with PS+.

It just so happens 30 days of PS+ card was in every PS4 box + a $10 gift card.

Hyperbole much? DR3 stood at 78 most of time (now slipped to 77), but actually ALL MAJOR PUBLICATIONS bar Gamespot and Eurogamer (which gave it 7) gave it 8 or higher out of 10.

The only hyperbole here is is your reply and offended tone to my very bland and accurate post. Need I remind you this is only a day after I politely addressed some of your confusion in another thread. Like other years before, you disappeared after getting your answer. That wasn't polite.

On topic: The TC's post was containe pieces of hyperbole if you want to examine the OP again. Then again, I wonder...Do you even own a Xbone, Wii U, or PS4? Perhaps you can't detect the TC's hyperbole if you don't have those machines to compare. I'm confused as to why you care so much for DR, but to be honest I'm not that confused am I Salt?

I can tell you like I've said for years, I follow developers not brands. I can also tell you what I said above is perfectly accurate, "Xbone's DR3 and PS4's KZ: SF are in the mid 70s metacritic range..."

I don't enjoy the DR series, having bought and reserved the first game on Xbox 360 waaaaay back in August of 2006. That game was developed by Capcom's Production Studio 1, and the second game is when the series went down hill and was developed by a western studio, Blue Castle Games. I like Blue Castle even less. Capcom then acquired them, and here we are today. I'm not a fan of Blue Castle, now known as Capcom Vancouver

.

They are merely competent, and not a studio I would plunk down $60 for normally. They make games I would play $20 or less for, but I understand that is subjective, and maybe they will change my mind one day.

It seems you are a major fan of DR and I already know you are a huge, huge fan of all things Xbox related, so I'm sure when you get the chance to complete DR3, you'll love it much more than the majority of the world's critics do.

It's a forgettable launch game as far as I'm concerned, same with Killzone Shadow Fall. I only use meta to give a rough estimate for our friends in SW to decide on how to spend their hard earned money. IF they are a HUGE DR fan though, they should skip the meta and go buy the darn games. Same for KZ fans.

Nah, I just want something to be given a credit when it's due, personal preferences aside. I agree mine was also a hyperbole and I was very aware of it at the time of posting and should have warned you before it so you wouldn't have the chance to disarm me (see that famous Charles Bukowski's quote but whatever)., so I guess we're just on the opposite sides of a spectrum. I loved Dead Rising 1 and finished it twice or thrice, but played DR2 some years back and it was nowhere near that good, but now I have it for free so I might give it a second chance. But seriously, I doubt DR3 is some really amazing game that would elevate itself way beyond the status of DR2, but it's probably a solid, respectable fun game to have, especially when the launch period is steeped in drought. I'm not jumping in on anything until June 2014 and I'm not even fully convinced about either of consoles (and I consider them both, still) so I couldn't care less about this stuff. And FYI I bashed Microsoft for a lot of things and praised Sony for some, you just happened not to be around. So anyway, like the French say bon soir regret a demain.

#25 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

@SolidTy: I find it strange that your enjoyment of games falls directly in line with Metacritic scores.

#26 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

A MS console never warrants a purchase!

#27 Posted by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Ill buy a ps4 when they release last of us 2.

No reason to touch it before then IMO.

Very odd opinion!

#28 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

A MS console never warrants a purchase!

I don't agree at all. But whatever floats your boat I guess. You're missing out though.

#29 Posted by cheesie253 (835 posts) -

@SolidTy:

Very well. I agree. When people can't buy everything they have to be picky.

That also doesn't mean you have to pick only from highly rated games.

Take DR3 for instance. It got a 7 and decent reviews all around. It's going to have a ton of replay value as it's a "always have something to do" kind of game. Same with KZ as it has multiplayer. It's going to have replay value.

While liking those games is subjective and based on opinion is fine. Your post clearly shows that you are quick to discredit a game solely based on scores or personal convictions with the company without giving them a fair shake and trying them for yourself before making your judgement.

I agree people have to be make informed purchases. That doesn't mean a lower scored game should be discredited.

I went out and bought Ryse. I didn't buy say AC BF instead because it was a higher rated game. Why? I could care less about a game about pirates.

I don't like pirates and you don't like racers makes sense we don't buy certain games. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy games that are not 90+ meta.

#30 Posted by SolidTy (41526 posts) -

@SolidTy:

Very well. I agree. When people can't buy everything they have to be picky.

That also doesn't mean you have to pick only from highly rated games.

Take DR3 for instance. It got a 7 and decent reviews all around. It's going to have a ton of replay value as it's a "always have something to do" kind of game. Same with KZ as it has multiplayer. It's going to have replay value.

While liking those games is subjective and based on opinion is fine. Your post clearly shows that you are quick to discredit a game solely based on scores or personal convictions with the company without giving them a fair shake and trying them for yourself before making your judgement.

I agree people have to be make informed purchases. That doesn't mean a lower scored game should be discredited.

I went out and bought Ryse. I didn't buy say AC BF instead because it was a higher rated game. Why? I could care less about a game about pirates.

I don't like pirates and you don't like racers makes sense we don't buy certain games. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy games that are not 90+ meta.

I've already had this conversation about 1000 times in SW and I can only tell you I agree and you got the wrong impression amigo.

The meta is there to back up my own opinions to give others in SW that can't play the games on these new machines, not shape them.

#31 Edited by SolidTy (41526 posts) -
@GoldenElementXL said:

@SolidTy: I find it strange that your enjoyment of games falls directly in line with Metacritic scores.

I don't. Those metascores are just mentioned there as a reference point for SW users that cannot play these new machines. If I love a developer, the meta won't matter. The meta is nice reference point to back up my opinions, but not dictate my opinions.

I find it odd you praised the Wii U UI when there are clear problems with the Wii U UI. You also didn't mention the bumber buttons on the Xbone's new controller, but gave it the highest marks. I suppose you were NOT a fan of the Xbox 360 shoulder buttons, but I felt differently and if I could use metacritic to back up my opinions on the controller I would.

I guess we both found things strange about each others posts.

#32 Posted by darkangel115 (1405 posts) -

Forza 5 and DR 3 are the best exclusives between Sony and M$ right now. Multiplats are better on PS4 however. I have COD, NBA2k14 and Madden on PS4 and BF4 on XB1. BF4 looks like hot garbage compared to PC. (I'm running a 3770k @4.2 and a gtx 690 @ 1440p on PC,)

how is CoD better? The X1 version is much better due to dedicated servers

#33 Posted by Zophar87 (4337 posts) -

Wii U, 3DS, and PS4 is all I have so far.

Definitely building a new gaming PC with my tax refund. Considering a One with my Jan. bonus check.

---

Still feeling meh overall about the Wii U. The console is definitely more powerful than most will let on in SW but I've yet to have a gameplay experience that made me go "Wow, I'm so glad I have this tablet controller." Miiverse is kinda.. there and the overall online experience is still lacking greatly. What have I played on it though, I've enjoyed. New Mario U was good enough for a launch title. Mario 3D World is amazing, Pikmin 3 was good. Hoping 2014 will end this stupid drought the Wii U has had.

3DS is king for me and I shouldn't have to list why. There are so many games on the system and I've put more hours into my 3DS than any other piece of hardware this year and there's still crap I have yet to grab for it. Pokemon X/Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Luigi's Mansion are all solid titles that beg to be played. I haven't played games like Lego City Undercover or Donkey Country though.

PS4 needs games, but since we're still well within that launch window with a few games coming in the next six months, it's excusable. Overall I'm feeling quite positive about the PS4 especially in regards to it's hardware, social integration, and it's controller. My God, the controller. Assassin's Creed 4, Ghosts, KIllzone, and Knack are the games I currently own on it and they'll suffice for now.

#34 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

@SolidTy: I find it strange that your enjoyment of games falls directly in line with Metacritic scores.

I don't. Those metascores are just mentioned there as a reference point for SW users that cannot play these new machines. If I love a developer, the meta won't matter. The meta is nice reference point to back up my opinions, but not dictate my opinions.

I find it odd you praised the Wii U UI when there are clear problems with the Wii U UI. You also didn't mention the bumber buttons on the Xbone's new controller, but gave it the highest marks. I suppose you were NOT a fan of the Xbox 360 shoulder buttons, but I felt differently and if I could use metacritic to back up my opinions on the controller I would.

I guess we both found things strange about each others posts.

The PS4 UI is very simplistic and almost feels unfinished. I hope that design changes in the future because it is literally a a bunch of boxes lined up. And yes the Wii U can be slow (even though it has improved) it is nice to look at and well organized. I didn't praise the Wii U UI my post either, I just put it ahead of the PS4 UI.

And I do agree that at first the Xbox One bumpers felt too close to the front of the controller. But after playing games for a few days I felt that I never had problems hitting them and never felt uncomfortable doing so. Where I put the X1 controller far ahead of the DS4 is the triggers. After playing Forza 5 it is clear that the trigger rumble is a huge feature. It directly impacts how you brake and accelerate in that game. And I feel that the DS4 triggers, while not as bad as the DS3, are still a little too squishy. One thing the DS4 has that I really like is the speaker. The sound quality coming out of that thing is impressive. I really like the use of the speaker in Resogun. It's nice in Killzone too. I am not trashing either controller don't get me wrong. They are both amazing.

It almost seems like you just have an issue putting something ahead of Sony in any category. Maybe I'm wrong, but this place is called Cowspot for a reason. I didn't go into great detail originally because I thought it would be better to just give some quick thoughts and see what others thought. I am really enjoying all of the consoles so far and I am glad I made the purchases.

#35 Edited by nyzma23 (887 posts) -

does kinect voice command work if you put on top your sound bar ?

#36 Edited by donalbane (16139 posts) -

Really enjoying the x1 and ps4 for different reasons. X1 ui needs work but is definitely the best. Ps4 isis a great gaming system with some surprising limitations. Wii U hasn't been used for gaming since I bought it a year ago. Really like the vita cross play feature.

#37 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

Really enjoying the x1 and ps4 for different reasons. X1 ui needs work but is definitely the best. Ps4 isis a great gaming system with some surprising limitations. Wii U hasn't been used for gaming since I bought it a year ago. Really like the vita cross play feature.

I've had a lot of problems with cross play. At times I am able to play games online on both at the same time but the Vita has problems connecting to the PS4. I would say it works every 3rd or 4th time I try. But then again its been a week or so since I've tried so maybe its fine now. I will check it out again.

#38 Edited by CRUSHER88 (1149 posts) -

I hardly put any time into the Wii U early in the year. That has changed a fair bit since September. In terms of the new consoles, Resogun is my favorite game on PS4 by far. Killzone is great but it has nothing on BF4 which seems to be crashing on both XB1/PS4 (though PS4 was just patched). Dead Rising 3 has consumed all my time since the X1 came out.

All three systems are doing a solid job in offering great games. I guess the only problem was that it took the Wii U almost a full year to offer games worth playing while the PS4/X1 got some right away.

#39 Edited by SolidTy (41526 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

@SolidTy said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

@SolidTy: I find it strange that your enjoyment of games falls directly in line with Metacritic scores.

I don't. Those metascores are just mentioned there as a reference point for SW users that cannot play these new machines. If I love a developer, the meta won't matter. The meta is nice reference point to back up my opinions, but not dictate my opinions.

I find it odd you praised the Wii U UI when there are clear problems with the Wii U UI. You also didn't mention the bumber buttons on the Xbone's new controller, but gave it the highest marks. I suppose you were NOT a fan of the Xbox 360 shoulder buttons, but I felt differently and if I could use metacritic to back up my opinions on the controller I would.

I guess we both found things strange about each others posts.

The PS4 UI is very simplistic and almost feels unfinished. I hope that design changes in the future because it is literally a a bunch of boxes lined up. And yes the Wii U can be slow (even though it has improved) it is nice to look at and well organized. I didn't praise the Wii U UI my post either, I just put it ahead of the PS4 UI.

And I do agree that at first the Xbox One bumpers felt too close to the front of the controller. But after playing games for a few days I felt that I never had problems hitting them and never felt uncomfortable doing so. Where I put the X1 controller far ahead of the DS4 is the triggers. After playing Forza 5 it is clear that the trigger rumble is a huge feature. It directly impacts how you brake and accelerate in that game. And I feel that the DS4 triggers, while not as bad as the DS3, are still a little too squishy. One thing the DS4 has that I really like is the speaker. The sound quality coming out of that thing is impressive. I really like the use of the speaker in Resogun. It's nice in Killzone too. I am not trashing either controller don't get me wrong. They are both amazing.

It almost seems like you just have an issue putting something ahead of Sony in any category. Maybe I'm wrong, but this place is called Cowspot for a reason. I didn't go into great detail originally because I thought it would be better to just give some quick thoughts and see what others thought. I am really enjoying all of the consoles so far and I am glad I made the purchases.

Despite how you feel about the PS4 UI, which btw I love the simplicity of the operation and how fluid and smooth everything is... I do agree that themes and other novelties are still inbound, but then again, they are also inbound for Xbone and probably never for Wii U. The PS4 UI does feel unfinished, as does the Xbone. The PS4 UI maybe is a little too skeletal...but that said, the Wii U is by far the worst offender of the UI's of the big three. It doesn't matter how simplistic the PS4 feels, or how convoluted/overly complex the Xbone feels, the Wii U's UI struggles with the simplest of choirs, greeting any and all users a loading screen for clicking the wrong way. Factor in that I have TWO Wii Us, and I have no ability to transfer my Nintendo ID between consoles, and it only gets more annoying. It's disingenuous to rate or say the Wii U's UI is better than either one to users that don't have access to all the machines as I do and you do. They might believe you, and it wouldn't be true. The Wii U's UI is a HD version of the Wii's, with tacked on loading times.

Secondly, I wish I enjoyed racing, but I never will, but it's great to hear Turn 10 utilized the trigger rumble in a way that is satisfactory to you...of course, I'm reminded by my car enthusiast friends that a proper steering wheel is the only way to play these car sims. I dislike the battery life of the DS4 in comparison to the DS3, however it's still better than the batt life of the Wii U pad. There's a negative for Sony, the battery life took a hit with the speaker/touchpad/light inclusion. All three (PS3, Wii U, PS4) of those machines use internal batteries, but the Xbone is the only One that still uses AAs, which to me is a disappointment, rechargeable $25 battery packs aside. It's not a big deal, but we are talking controllers for a minute here.

Finally, it almost seems like you have an issue with everything Sony and are constantly whining about cows this and that in your posts. Even your OP was slanted, but I didn't call you out for that. It's your opinion, but what is less of an opinion is a "User Interface" and despite the Nintendo update, it's still slow. I find it strange that you did not like it when users called you out being a LEM or have lem leanings days ago and you replied you didn't appreciate that approach. You also didn't like being called a fanboy for buying the worst version of Injustice (Wii U version for lack of DLC and poor online). Your final sentence above shows that you rely on Ad hominem just as much as those users did days ago, although it wasn't as blatant as those that had attacked you in those other threads. If you read my posts in this thread, you will find that I called Killzone SF forgettable for one thing. I will tell you right now, the PS4 exclusives were not up to my standards, but neither were the Xbones. The Wii U is the winner this season, but yeah I know they got a year headstart.

As far as this place being Sheepspot/Hermspot/Lemspot/cowspot, I've heard it all over the years. It's none of those things, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here and neither would I. I didn't buy my last gen machines mid gen, just like the PS4/Xbone, and Wii U, I bought the Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 all at launch. Of course, I was playing since the Atari 2600, but the Coleco, 7800, and Intellivision were great machines in their right. I remember the upstart Nintendo joining in after making games for Atari and in the arcades. I was skeptical of their NES, but they won me over with Super Mario Bros...the NES. Then Sega got in the game with the Mastersystem.

I know there are users here who are NEW to the "I bought at launch club" and will go back and buy older machines or even pick up a 360 or PS3 mid gen, but I was there day one for those as well. I see that now you have joined this elite launch buyers club, Jake, so welcome...however, many users won't have these machines for a few years and I can't sit here and pretend the Wii U's UI is better than the Xbone or PS4 because it's simply not. Long story short, it almost seems like You have an issue putting Sony in the back in every category, and that's your right. While it was obvious in reading the OP, I didn't call you out for what I noticed in the OP or other posts. If you don't want to be called out Jake, then don't get too personal, and try to imply the reverse.

I will say to anyone reading, check out the Wii U's Mario 3D, it's a doozy...probably the best game all year for me.

Taking a step back from all that fanboy stuff (you seem very fixated on fanboyish and especially cows for many years in many posts), I am happy to see you enjoying your NEW GEN game systems, I know I'm not. I think the Wii U will get the most playtime this holiday season for me, followed by last gen machines, then maybe the Xbone and PS4.

#40 Posted by Basinboy (10930 posts) -

PS4 has potential, bit rough around the edges

Wii U is good only for its exclusives. Nothing else remarkable about it.

X1 is a mess, needs a lot of work

#41 Posted by PsychoLemons (1919 posts) -

The Wii U's loading times are terrible though even after the patch, I believe.

#42 Edited by Phazevariance (10905 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

A MS console never warrants a purchase!

...Said no gamer ever. (except maybe hardcore cows)

#43 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2575 posts) -

@SolidTy: We could pick apart each other's opinions all day. So I am gonna take a step back from that.

I have been a fan of Sony's products for as long as I can remember. But I cannot stand the Sony fan base on this board. The "Cows" on this site is just a bunch of rabid trolls and it has ruined System Wars in my opinion. Cows often get under my skin so if my posts ever seem slanted that is why. But if I didn't like Sony products, I wouldn't own a launch PS4 or a Vita. (Also ps1 ps2 ps3) That being said I'm not going to stand by and let Sony fanboys switch the meta game rules around every time it supports their case. (TLOU flop or not using GS scores or Metacritic for example) I know that trolls are just trying to get attention, but some people really buy into that stuff. I have been here since 2004 and the quality of discussion has fallen off the cliff over the past few years. All of your points were valid though. We won't agree on a few things but there is nothing wrong with that.

#44 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

@Phazevariance said:

@clr84651 said:

A MS console never warrants a purchase!

...Said no gamer ever. (except maybe hardcore cows)

It never warrants a purchase due to the fact they're a scumbag company that was going to put into place anti-consumer policies. That lead me to scratch them off ever considering them. This is after I had the first Xbox & got a 360 that scratched 6 of my games, got a failed HDD, then RRoD. I had to buy their ripoff $100 low capacity HDD, buy a wifi adaptor for $100, & buy 4 frickin charge and play packs for $17 each, and pay $9 for a patriots theme, all the while paying $60 just to only play online. I sold the replacement and got a PS3 with free online, the controllers came rechargable, came with WiFi, & had unlimited free themes, and great games. MS is the whore of the gaming industry. They use all their revenues from Xlive and now TV service to buy away DLC from Sony, and games forcing Sony to reluctantly charge for online after 3 gens so they can compete against the scum.

#45 Posted by foxhound_fox (86939 posts) -

I see your point but "wasting" is relative. I don't make a truckload of money but at 30 with no wife/child/girlfriend/debt...well... :P

Even if I were in your situation, I wouldn't have time to play all the games (people have to work for money).

#46 Posted by SolidTy (41526 posts) -

@SolidTy: We could pick apart each other's opinions all day. So I am gonna take a step back from that.

I have been a fan of Sony's products for as long as I can remember. But I cannot stand the Sony fan base on this board. The "Cows" on this site is just a bunch of rabid trolls and it has ruined System Wars in my opinion. Cows often get under my skin so if my posts ever seem slanted that is why. But if I didn't like Sony products, I wouldn't own a launch PS4 or a Vita. (Also ps1 ps2 ps3) That being said I'm not going to stand by and let Sony fanboys switch the meta game rules around every time it supports their case. (TLOU flop or not using GS scores or Metacritic for example) I know that trolls are just trying to get attention, but some people really buy into that stuff. I have been here since 2004 and the quality of discussion has fallen off the cliff over the past few years. All of your points were valid though. We won't agree on a few things but there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree man. Difference of opinions are all good, we all were raised with certain genres that help shape the badass gamers we are today. :)

I try to stay away from generalizations basically. The labels just don't do it for me, but I do agree wholeheartedly after being in SW for soo many years...the discussion has dropped off, it actually started a few years ago imo.

Intelligent discussion has been almost completely replaced by trolling. It's a bummer because I like talking to gamers about gaming. I always thought that smart gamers would invite smart discussion, but I found out there is a lot more to it.

Happy gaming in any event, I'll be playing way too much Mario 3D this week and in Xmas week. :( Otherwise though, my gaming time is badly cramped.