Over 150 games coming to vita

#1 Edited by Midnightshade29 (5340 posts) -

Over 150 Vita games coming.... Check out the official thread over here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858508

I tried adding them here but the site doesn't seem to allow that many images, so this is a taste. The first post on the neogaf link above shows the amazing amount of games coming...and no they are not all jp games like the other post said. this thread is to show that the vita has a lot of games coming. You can love both the 3ds and the vita...they don't have to be mutually exclusive. I own and love both, but am sick of the hypocrites who think there can't be two handhelds..

This thread is probably pointless knowing the Sony handheld hating crowd here, but maybe, just maybe I will reach someone who will seek more info to the Amazing handheld. I have been enjoying mine since launch and if I can reach one person...then great. That's one person who will experience gaming bliss. Oh and the existing library of vita, psp, ps1 and psmobile games just rocks!

Yes alot of the games are on PC, but they will play great on vita!!! Anyone else excited?

Just a taste...go to the link to see the 150 some games with screenshots.

#2 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

No. Why buy them when you already can get them on PC? Give us AAA western games sony!

#3 Edited by lostrib (37629 posts) -

Most upcoming games I've seen are either indie or japanese games

Sony has already admitted we probably wont see any big name vita games from them

#4 Posted by Heil68 (45148 posts) -

SONY is just on a all around ROLL.

#5 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (724 posts) -

Weeaboo games that probably aren't ever leaving Japan, and Indies that don't take advantage of the Vita's power.

#6 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@lostrib: "Most upcoming games I've seen are either indie or japanese games"

So you have an issue with indies? :-\

#7 Posted by foxhound_fox (88710 posts) -
@Midnightshade29 said:

What is this?

#8 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

I Cannot wait! very excited for Sword Art Online next month and Tales of Hearts R in September

#9 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5340 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

No. Why buy them when you already can get them on PC? Give us AAA western games sony!

where does this indie and jp game hate come from? The PSP had only jp games in the last few years, and it was great. The vita is a haven for Jrpgs and indies, great titles and also AAA jp games... what is wrong with that. The western devs are investing in 3ds either...they either don't care about handhelds or go for shitty touch devices...

#10 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5340 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:
@Midnightshade29 said:

What is this?

AxiomVerge --- a homage to classic metroid.

#11 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

So many games. Really looking forward to oreshika and sword art.

#12 Posted by SolidTy (43773 posts) -

More games to play is nice. 150? Good number.

#13 Posted by wolverine4262 (19383 posts) -

Shame the ALL MIGHTY BUNGIE doesnt have anything for the vita.

#14 Edited by SolidTy (43773 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:
@Midnightshade29 said:

What is this?

A Badass game I've been tracking for some time. I hope it's as good as I imagine.

It's called Axiom Verge and it was due this year, but it's been delayed until next year. It's for Vita and PS4 for 2015 (with an expected PC port down the road, I'm sure). Yes, it's very Metroid from the visuals to the sound.

Enjoy this two minute video:

#15 Posted by MonsieurX (30425 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:
@Midnightshade29 said:

What is this?

http://www.axiomverge.com/

#16 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

@inb4uall said:

where does this indie and jp game hate come from? The PSP had only jp games in the last few years, and it was great. The vita is a haven for Jrpgs and indies, great titles and also AAA jp games... what is wrong with that. The western devs are investing in 3ds either...they either don't care about handhelds or go for shitty touch devices...

The fact that most indies are on steam and can be run on a crappy laptop. I don't need a vita to play them. I'm assuming the AAA JP games get hate because those people (myself included) are part of a western audience with western tastes. Not Japanese.

#17 Edited by foxhound_fox (88710 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

What is this?

Looks good. Such a shame it's "PlayStation" exclusive. Hopefully it does well enough that it doesn't bankrupt the developer.

#18 Posted by PsychoLemons (2111 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

@inb4uall said:

My guess is that they hate indie games because it is pretentious as heck. And as for Japanese games, it is mainly because it looks too weeaboo and anime-like, hentai and ecchi to boot. Hence, causing a negative sigma.

#19 Posted by lostrib (37629 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Lol, I can already see where you're trying to go with this.

Not playing that game. But no, I don't have an overarching issue with indies

#20 Edited by lostrib (37629 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

@inb4uall said:

at least for me, it's more of a variety issue than really any hate. And if you have to rely on Japanese games then there is always the question if it will actually even be localized, and how good that localization will actually be

#21 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

Lol, I can already see where you're trying to go with this.

Not playing that game. But no, I don't have an overarching issue with indies

I do when they're all the vita gets and more than likely you can play them on whatever you're posting to this forum with.

#22 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

Fun stuff. Always great to find new interesting games coming from lists like these.

@inb4uall said:

Perhaps you enjoy certain games more on a handheld. Hell, maybe you enjoy all games more on a handheld! Maybe you want some of these portable. Maybe you share your PC. Maybe your PC isn't in a gaming friendly area. Maybe you're a trophy nut.

I know SW doesn't like to admit it, but multiplat games count equally for every platform out there. This list reinforces the fact that Vita continues to receive a large number of games across many genres.

#23 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@santoron said:

Fun stuff. Always great to find new interesting games coming from lists like these.

@inb4uall said:

Perhaps you enjoy certain games more on a handheld. Hell, maybe you enjoy all games more on a handheld! Maybe you want some of these portable. Maybe you share your PC. Maybe your PC isn't in a gaming friendly area. Maybe you're a trophy nut.

I know SW doesn't like to admit it, but multiplat games count equally for every platform out there. This list reinforces the fact that Vita continues to receive a large number of games across many genres.

Normally I would agree with you. But a 6 year old laptop can run these games. There is no point in buying a vita to play them. Yes you can pull the preference card but it isn't a smart financial decision. The Vita needs system sellers. Games for the vita you can't get anywhere else.

#24 Posted by PapaTrop (1315 posts) -

I'll save the $200, and use it to buy those games on PC instead.

#25 Posted by remiks00 (1912 posts) -

Sigh...

Well, at least it has Freedom Wars, and Natural Doctrine coming.

#26 Posted by Blabadon (26587 posts) -

Future sucks for the Vita lol

#27 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@santoron said:

@inb4uall said:

Normally I would agree with you. But a 6 year old laptop can run these games. There is no point in buying a vita to play them. Yes you can pull the preference card but it isn't a smart financial decision. The Vita needs system sellers. Games for the vita you can't get anywhere else.

I agree that the Vita needs more exclusives wholeheartedly. But let's also be fair. A 6 year old laptop can run most of the indies, sure. But not all. And there are dozens of games here that aren't going to PC at all. Many of those may still not be exclusive to Vita, or not Western enough, or AAA enough, or whatever the slight on them is, but still, no PC is playing those games at all.

I suppose if you're tight on cash a laptop can do more things as well as game, then again if you're only looking for a gaming device a $200 Vita is very price competitive. Sales are more frequent on PC, but they are more and more common on PSN, and PS+ can be a compelling value, especially if you already own one of the other PS+ platforms. The PC still wins out on software prices over time - especially if you're gaming a lot, but the price difference is actually getting closer over time.

It's all kind of Devil's Advocate arguments for me, because PC will always be my go to platform. But for me, having a Vita has expanded the times, places, and situations I can settle in for a game even using it mostly at home. And some games I've enjoyed on PC or a console first are even better on a handheld to me. If you're a gamer that only games on handhelds reluctantly, because you need one to play certain games then I can see not thinking much of a list like this. If you're a gamer like me that actually enjoys handheld gaming or who's life lends itself towards handhelds over console/PC many times, a list like this is a great reminder that the Vita has healthy support now and well into the future.

#28 Posted by Ghost120x (3909 posts) -

Good find TC. After the vita flops and Sony stops making handhelds, people are going to find a lot of lost gems on this device and beg Sony to try handhelds again.

Like they say "people don't realize what they have until it's gone."

#29 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@santoron said:

@inb4uall said:

@santoron said:

@inb4uall said:

I agree that the Vita needs more exclusives wholeheartedly. But let's also be fair. A 6 year old laptop can run most of the indies, sure. But not all. And there are dozens of games here that aren't going to PC at all. Many of those may still not be exclusive to Vita, or not Western enough, or AAA enough, or whatever the slight on them is, but still, no PC is playing those games at all.

I suppose if you're tight on cash a laptop can do more things as well as game, then again if you're only looking for a gaming device a $200 Vita is very price competitive. Sales are more frequent on PC, but they are more and more common on PSN, and PS+ can be a compelling value, especially if you already own one of the other PS+ platforms. The PC still wins out on software prices over time - especially if you're gaming a lot, but the price difference is actually getting closer over time.

It's all kind of Devil's Advocate arguments for me, because PC will always be my go to platform. But for me, having a Vita has expanded the times, places, and situations I can settle in for a game even using it mostly at home. And some games I've enjoyed on PC or a console first are even better on a handheld to me. If you're a gamer that only games on handhelds reluctantly, because you need one to play certain games then I can see not thinking much of a list like this. If you're a gamer like me that actually enjoys handheld gaming or who's life lends itself towards handhelds over console/PC many times, a list like this is a great reminder that the Vita has healthy support now and well into the future.

That's the problem I am a handheld gamer first and foremost. Vita is still a disappointment on the AAA front. I want ratchet and clank. I want Patapon 4. I want a Vita God of War. Right now I us the vita for terraria on the go and roguelikes.

#30 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

What is this?

Looks good. Such a shame it's "PlayStation" exclusive. Hopefully it does well enough that it doesn't bankrupt the developer.

Its coming to pc too. Its because sony funded it thats why its coming to PS console first.

#31 Posted by Zen_Light (1236 posts) -

I might play two or three of them.

#32 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17928 posts) -

I don't understand why people see console/pc multiplats on Vita as a bad thing. It's actually a great thing that you can play those games on a handheld like the Vita. Would you rather not have them? Makes no sense.

#33 Posted by yokofox33 (29881 posts) -

Vita is love. Vita is life.

Some games in there I'm excited for. Oreshika is my main jam at the moment. Right behind Persona 4 Dancing All Night of course. I don't think any of you can imagine the step. It's genius.

#34 Posted by speedfog (3224 posts) -

Many Japanese games that won't even make it to us. And the games that are left over are cheap flash games from the network.

#35 Posted by foxhound_fox (88710 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Its coming to pc too. Its because sony funded it thats why its coming to PS console first.

Okay good, I read everywhere that Sony paid for exclusivity. Must just be timed then.