Ouya losese top CCC dev to Wii U!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Wii U getting that third-party DD support:

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/ouya-dev-now-wii-u-dev/

In its never-ending push for new games on the Wii U eShop, it looks like Nintendo has accepted another indie into its ranks. The indie developers behind the Ouya title Wrecking Balls Arena DX have officially been accepted as Wii U developers. In a recent post on r/WiiU, the team mentions how easy the process was, in spite of everything they had heard from other developers.

Also, think about it… Nintendo just let an 18-year-old college freshman like me join their Developer Program (plus the other 2 members of Team Kakumei), and all I personally had was a few years of game making experience including some Flash MX, Unity, and Android (OUYA) development as well as being the main developer of the original Wrecking Balls Arena on OUYA. We didn’t have to have an office, any previous experience working at a “real” game company, etc.

Say what you will about Nintendo’s “outdated/ignorant” practices and policies in some areas right now, but if what I just said isn’t an indication of just how open they’re becoming towards indie/garage developers, then I don’t know what is. Currently we haven’t purchased the necessary dev hardware (we can’t say much about all that; NDA), but we’re certainly getting a head-start by beginning work on the “Wii U enhanced” version of WBA: DX in Unity before then.

It’s nice to see the team has such nice words for Nintendo and it’s true, the company seems to have reversed its policies on accepting people to become Wii U developers. Hopefully we’ll see more of this in the future.

Nintendo is getting them slowly. But Nintendo is getting those 3rd parties on the Wii U. You know what they say "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"

Or so some people told me. It's a Dawn of a new world for Nintendo.

#2 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (586 posts) -

Lord knows Nintendo needs every dev. they can get.

#3 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3544 posts) -

LOL Ouya! biggest POS ever created unless you wanted XBMC but god people were duped into buying this crap. Guarantee this guy was begging to get out of the Ouya.

#4 Edited by freedomfreak (39993 posts) -

Did the moderators tell you to slow down with your thread creating? I've noticed you've been posting less :jak:

#5 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3754 posts) -

Interesting. Game in the video looks worse than horrible.. but maybe Nintendo will give them a nice budget and they will have a chance at something bigger. The more dev teams the better... I feel that way about all three of the consoles. I would rather the sea be polluted with crap titles as well so the good ones shine and the overlooked ones go into cult status of the under rated gem. Well maybe the Wii took this a little too far... then again... as a collector I will have a LOT of fun tracking down some of the horrible Wii titles some day... lol

#6 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Did the moderators tell you to slow down with your thread creating? I've noticed you've been posting less

I have been posting only 3 threads a day for the last over a week before today which i think i made for. It's people bringing back old threads that makes you believe I was posting a lot in the first place. Each thread has a date and time next to it. look at those a few pages back.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (39993 posts) -

I have been posting only 3 threads a day for the last over a week before today which i think i made for. It's people bringing back old threads that makes you believe I was posting a lot in the first place. Each thread has a date and time next to it. look at those a few pages back.

I'm not judging you, man. I just noticed a lack of Jakandsigz threads on the front page.

#8 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

I'm not judging you, man. I just noticed a lack of Jakandsigz threads on the front page.

And I am telling you the answer. Why ask if you complain about the answer?

#9 Edited by freedomfreak (39993 posts) -

You made like 5 threads in a row not too long ago. That was the real jakandsigz. Not anymore. Just noticed that.

And I'm not complaining. System Wars dudes are quick to get offended. You being one of them. Chill.

#10 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

You made like 5 threads in a row not too long ago. That was the real jakandsigz. Not anymore. Just noticed that.

And I'm not complaining. System Wars dudes are quick to get offended. You being one of them. Chill.

I actually did not anytime recently. also i never make more than 3 threads in a "row" but it's usually 2 with 2-3 other spread out by hours. Still not stopping you from not being able to read thread dates when 4 other threads from last week come from the front page.

#11 Edited by mariokart64fan (19441 posts) -

cool , more games the better

#12 Edited by freedomfreak (39993 posts) -

I actually did not anytime recently. also i never make more than 3 threads in a "row" but it's usually 2 with 2-3 other spread out by hours. Still not stopping you from not being able to read thread dates when 4 other threads from last week come from the front page.

Who reads thread dates? It's pretty obvious you're the number 1 topic creator on System Wars. You make a lot more threads than anyone in this place.

It's why people are always saying you need to stop making threads. Bring up that date stuff as much as you want, but SW is gonna stand up and take you down.

I'm siding with you though. These motherfuckers don't stand a chance. Jak and freedom unite. We got dubstep and dildos. We're gonna take them home, and make them feel young again.

Say it.

#13 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

LOL Ouya! biggest POS ever created unless you wanted XBMC but god people were duped into buying this crap. Guarantee this guy was begging to get out of the Ouya.

Ouya claimed to expect 5 million to be sold this month from another thread, assuming that is ture, they have sold over 3 million at least.

#14 Edited by nini200 (9690 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@Jakandsigz said:

Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight

#15 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3544 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

Ouya claimed to expect 5 million to be sold this month from another thread, assuming that is ture, they have sold over 3 million at least.

If it's sold that much I can guarantee it isn't for games, it's a huge dupe the games are shit and nothing you can't do with an iPad or iPod. Most people are getting this guaranteed for it's features and easy hacking such as XBMC and more.