Outlast now available on Xbone

• 84 results
#1 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

Not much of news in itself, but some important point to be raised...

I think at this point indie developers have lost any kind of incentive of going PS4/PC only with Phil Spencer providing the level playing field for them, so we'll see more and more hitherto omitted indie titles heading to X1 and from now on there's going to be less and less of such omissions, if any.

Either way, gamers win. Claiming ownage with indie games available on one console whereas they're available on PC (as even crappy PCs would be able to run most indie games) is just downright silly.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39189 posts) -

Finished it on Ps4.

It was pretty damn good, aside from encounters becoming very predictable. Also, the ending could've used a little less running back and forth.

#3 Posted by tacoma1972 (142 posts) -

Good game. Enjoy our sloppy seconds. I disagree with you however! I expect as the gap between ps4 and Xbox one widens that the one will see LESS games on it.

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

So what about the Wii U...... ?

#5 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

Also important to mention at this point indie developers have lost any kind of incentive of going XBONE/PC.

#6 Posted by SecretPolice (21485 posts) -

Poor cows just can't catch a break these dayzzz. :P

#7 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Doesn't change anything. Lems already played it on their pc.

So what about the Wii U...... ?

You like twisting the knife don't you?

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@LadyBlue

I hate Exclusivity... Everyone should play everything without having to buy new hardware.... So I have to ask... We all have to ask....

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@LadyBlue

I hate Exclusivity... Everyone should play everything without having to buy new hardware.... So I have to ask... We all have to ask....

#10 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2743 posts) -

Good stuff, was one of the games I was jealous of......getting this....just like Phil said, the winner if E3 is the gamer

#11 Posted by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

Great game,really enjoyed it. Lems are in for a (terrifying) treat

#12 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

Buh buh buh teh lemmings hate teh indiez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@LadyBlue

It feels like you already know the answer to that question.

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@LadyBlue

Indeed I do.... Which is why it seems kinda mean that I asked it in the 1st place.... Well yeah it is but I think its worse if people stop asking because they've accepted thats the way things are..... I think thats far worse.

Lets avoid this complacency.... No matter how painfull it is.... Think of it like a colonoscopy. :) which reminds me I need to go for a colonoscopy soon..... I'm only 22 but I'm going anyway !....... :p

#15 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Also important to mention at this point indie developers have lost any kind of incentive of going XBONE/PC.

why? Game is a game is a game and not everyone has all system or even wants them or thinks the differences between them are all that big.

#16 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2743 posts) -

Downloading now thanks for the head's up TC! I do hope this is the start of a new trend where these successful indies jump ship.....I wonder would this be possible with Resogun or is that an exclusive?

#17 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

why? Game is a game is a game and not everyone has all system or even wants them or thinks the differences between them are all that big.

Buh buh buh buh teh soniez is teh indiez stationz 4.

Hypocrites the people called the PS4 the indie station 4 and you make a very valid point.

A Game is a game is a game.

#18 Edited by cfisher2833 (1584 posts) -

I didn't even know it was coming to the XB1.

#19 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

Hypocrites the people called the PS4 the indie station 4 and you make a very valid point.

I think you've become a madman - as for you the very same point didn't seem to exist for Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

#20 Posted by Blabadon (25949 posts) -

I'm too scared to start this game.

#21 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

I think you've become a madman - as for you the very same point didn't seem to exist for Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

I'm sorry but can you back that up?

I'm only on the fence when people say MS is still supporting the xbox when it's the indie devs who actually are. Not microsoft. The 360 had a plethora of indies and a game is a game is a game.

But microsoft had two games last year. A sequel and a new IP Judgement and State of decay which eventually lost exclusivity.

Microsoft itself hasn't really supported it. And the only game/exclusive worth mentioning is forza horizon. Which looks very good.

#22 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

I'm only on the fence when people say MS is still supporting the xbox when it's the indie devs who actually are. Not microsoft. The 360 had a plethora of indies and a game is a game is a game.

But microsoft had two games last year. A sequel and a new IP Judgement and State of decay which eventually lost exclusivity.

Microsoft itself hasn't really supported it. And the only game/exclusive worth mentioning is forza horizon. Which looks very good.

I'm sorry, what does this have to do with anything that Heil68 said?

#23 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9885 posts) -

Free?

#24 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15973 posts) -

Nice, figured it would be there soon enough. First on PS4 and PC, now on Xbox One.

A decent multiplatform game. it was good to get it for free from PS+.

#25 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

I'm not even paying attention to what heil is saying.

I was retorting shawn at the fact people call it "teh indie station 4" they're hippocrites because at the end of the day a game is a game is a game.
I don't see why you're making this more complicated than it actually is.

#26 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

So does this mean the parity clause is gone from MS?

#27 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

I was retorting shawn at the fact people call it "teh indie station 4" they're hippocrites because at the end of the day a game is a game is a game.

Sorry, the way you made a quote chain made it misleading and I wasn't paying attention to what shawn30 was saying.

#28 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2743 posts) -

Free?

No it's 20$ and the expansion "WhistleBLower" is 8.99$ ....cdn$ so could be lower USA currency though

#29 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9885 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Free?

No it's 20$ and the expansion "WhistleBLower" is 8.99$ ....cdn$ so could be lower USA currency though

Hmmm....I'll wait, maybe the Steam sale will have it cheaper.

#30 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Sorry, the way you made a quote chain made it misleading and I wasn't paying attention to what shawn30 was saying.

It's cool, it happens sometimes!

#31 Edited by Vatusus (4437 posts) -

Didnt MS had a policy that stated a game to be released on XBL had to release 1st or at least at the same time on the XBL?

I guess the desperation has made them doing a 180 once again

#32 Posted by Vatusus (4437 posts) -

I wonder would this be possible with Resogun or is that an exclusive?

Resogun IP is owned by sony

#33 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Xboners have sunk to pc beggar level of begging for ports. Enjoy our crumbs.

#34 Posted by MonsieurX (29514 posts) -

Thanks for beta testing

#35 Posted by vickissv2 (1754 posts) -

I just want to know if it's 1080p 60fps.

#37 Posted by vickissv2 (1754 posts) -
#38 Posted by Flubbbs (2971 posts) -

you know Outlast was on PC first?

#39 Posted by pelvist (4630 posts) -

Good game. Enjoy our sloppy seconds. I disagree with you however! I expect as the gap between ps4 and Xbox one widens that the one will see LESS games on it.

Outlast was released on PC before it was released on PS4 so you already had the sloppy seconds.

#40 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

Which cows begged from the PC. Even though you're a spoof account its funny.

#41 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1926 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

so much beggin they give it free...

#42 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@amazonangry said:

By free do you mean you got it if you paid for a subscription? :?

#43 Edited by RR360DD (11613 posts) -

Thanks for beta testing cows

#44 Posted by Guy_Brohski (284 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

ikr, the irony in that comment was strong.

#45 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

lol what? Do you ever make sense in any comments you make what so ever?

The PC version was out at least 4 months prior to the PS4 version.

I get you're trolling. But at least be clever.

#46 Posted by silversix_ (14076 posts) -

can the bone run this game at least? Or its 720p cinematic action?

#47 Edited by RR360DD (11613 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

#48 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

Butt hurt with what?
I played and beat outlast on PC..... lololololol.

#49 Posted by jimmarko21876 (414 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@amazonangry said:

By free do you mean you got it if you paid for a subscription? :?

I never understood this situation. When I get coupons for a free pizza and movie rental through my cable provider, I don't think "Hey, I pay them for cable service, so this isn't free". I would be paying that same amount for service whether I got the coupons or not, so how are they not free?

#50 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15973 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

You do know that Outlast was a PC game, long before it came to the Playstation 4, right?

Ah, probably not. Carry on.