OT: Any Wii players connect using the Nintendo Wi-Fi usb connector?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
If so, How is the connection?  Any horrible lag problems?
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
The connection is fine. Sure i cant stream videos in ultra high resolution (youtube usually looks pretty good), but other than that its just dandy.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts

I use this same router and I have no problems with it.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2860822&Sku=D700-2284%20ISS%20P

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
I'm having a few problems with the Wi-Fi. Mainly trying to buy one. I'm only 16, and the nearest game store (not just the local wal-mart, which doesn't carry stuff like that) is about a 40 minute drive away.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
I for one had a heck of a time getting it to work. For the life of me I still don't really know why. I had to go to a friends and connect to a normal wireless router to get the thing updated. After that however it started working fine with the Nintendo WiFi USB. Maybe my system was missing some little bit of programing to connect to it. My friends who also have the Wii didn't have this problem though so I think I just happened to be unlucky. As far as setup for the thing goes it's easy and browsing the internet is pretty fast. No real lag problems so far but until we really have games to test it we won't know.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
If so, How is the connection?  Any horrible lag problems?YourExpert
I own and use one, and it gives a good connection. I never get lag, probably a direct line is a bit better but nothing to complain about.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
I own a Ds lite but never had acces to Wi-Fi (I don't even know how it works) I saw a few "UBS key" that make you connect to Wi-Fi (cost around 30$) in Walmart, but I don't get it. Wi-Fi gives you acces to internet right? If so is that acces free (once you buy the usb key)?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I own a Ds lite but never had acces to Wi-Fi (I don't even know how it works) I saw a few "UBS key" that make you connect to Wi-Fi (cost around 30$) in Walmart, but I don't get it. Wi-Fi gives you acces to internet right? If so is that acces free (once you buy the usb key)?haris12121212
No, its uses a USB plug in your computer.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iunderstand
I own a Ds lite but never had acces to Wi-Fi (I don't even know how it works) I saw a few "UBS key" that make you connect to Wi-Fi (cost around 30$) in Walmart, but I don't get it. Wi-Fi gives you acces to internet right? If so is that acces free (once you buy the usb key)?haris12121212
If you buy a WiFi router(or that usb thing) you can set it up so that the router receives wireless signals(free) and anyone connecting to the router can use the internet. You can add passwords so that just you can connect to the internet through your router as well most(if not all) wireless routers also support simultaneous ethernet connections so you can connect with cables as well.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
[QUOTE="haris12121212"]I own a Ds lite but never had acces to Wi-Fi (I don't even know how it works) I saw a few "UBS key" that make you connect to Wi-Fi (cost around 30$) in Walmart, but I don't get it. Wi-Fi gives you acces to internet right? If so is that acces free (once you buy the usb key)?ArisShadows

[QUOTE="haris12121212"]I own a Ds lite but never had acces to Wi-Fi (I don't even know how it works) I saw a few "UBS key" that make you connect to Wi-Fi (cost around 30$) in Walmart, but I don't get it. Wi-Fi gives you acces to internet right? If so is that acces free (once you buy the usb key)?iunderstand
If you buy a WiFi router(or that usb thing) you can set it up so that the router receives wireless signals(free) and anyone connecting to the router can use the internet. You can add passwords so that just you can connect to the internet through your router as well most(if not all) wireless routers also support simultaneous ethernet connections so you can connect with cables as well.

Okay so basicly that USB thing makes my internet connection disponible for my DS lite (and other systems example: Wii or PS3) without having to plug my ps3-wii-dslite to my modem? And once its on my ds lite will have the same internet speed as my pc has?
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iunderstand
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="haris12121212"]I own a Ds lite but never had acces to Wi-Fi (I don't even know how it works) I saw a few "UBS key" that make you connect to Wi-Fi (cost around 30$) in Walmart, but I don't get it. Wi-Fi gives you acces to internet right? If so is that acces free (once you buy the usb key)?haris12121212

[QUOTE="haris12121212"]I own a Ds lite but never had acces to Wi-Fi (I don't even know how it works) I saw a few "UBS key" that make you connect to Wi-Fi (cost around 30$) in Walmart, but I don't get it. Wi-Fi gives you acces to internet right? If so is that acces free (once you buy the usb key)?iunderstand

Okay so basicly that USB thing makes my internet connection disponible for my DS lite (and other systems example: Wii or PS3) without having to plug my ps3-wii-dslite to my modem? And once its on my ds lite will have the same internet speed as my pc has?

I've never actually tried to usb connector so I wouldn't know, I'd recommend getting a WiFi router either way for better security, compatibility and performance. The data that travels through the signals travels much faster then through a cable modem so there's no problem with speed however if there are a lot of walls between the Wii and the router you may experience a little packet loss which will sometimes lag your gameplay but it's really not such a big deal(I never even notice it).
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
What exactly are you talking about haris12121212? The Nintendo WiFi USB or some other? If it's the Nintendo one it only works with the DS/Lite/Wii. You can block other systems from accessing the thing very easily. In fact, unless you grant access the other system won't be able to use it at all. Very easy to use.