Online MultiPlayer Still Inferior On PS4

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

For those Cows that thought they would have the better version of BF4........

You Have Been Owned

The Xbox One launch of Battlefield 4 is imperfect, but still strong. Periodic crashes and connectivity issues can be irritating, if you're unfortunate enough to experience them. Comparatively, Xbox One's servers are more populated than PlayStation 4's, with more readily available 64-player Conquest matches, but it's definitely not as smooth as would be ideal. These were rare problems, in my experience, and neither negatively affected the excellent core gameplay experience of Battlefield 4's multiplayer. As such, the score of Battlefield 4 remains unaffected, as it's still a terrific game, as described in the review below. We will update this review and remove this disclaimer when Battlefield 4 fully stabilizes.

And yes Dice should be ashamed of all versions so spare me your, 'BF4 sucks on all platforms'.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38748 posts) -

I heard they ruined party chat on the Xbox One, and that the Ps4 actually maintained the same kind model the 360 had.

#3 Posted by bloodlust_101 (2680 posts) -

All it says is there are more players on the XB1 version right?

#4 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

50 dollars please.

#5 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

I heard they ruined party chat on the Xbox One, and that the Ps4 actually maintained the same kind model the 360 had.

I have both systems, the party chat on the XBO is fine, PS4's is a poor imitation of what was on the 360 in 2009.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (38748 posts) -

I have both systems, the party chat on the XBO is fine, PS4's is a poor imitation of what was on the 360 in 2009.

Fine, as in, it's still the same as on the 360?

#7 Edited by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

#8 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

@renegade311 said:

I have both systems, the party chat on the XBO is fine, PS4's is a poor imitation of what was on the 360 in 2009.

Fine, as in, it's still the same as on the 360?

Better than the 360, especially since the voice quality is so much better.

#9 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (756 posts) -

@renegade311: if creating a separate account for cross game chat is fine to you, then you do you. Obviously, Microsoft never heard the saying "if it's not broke, don't fix it"

#10 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I heard they ruined party chat on the Xbox One, and that the Ps4 actually maintained the same kind model the 360 had.

I have both systems, the party chat on the XBO is fine, PS4's is a poor imitation of what was on the 360 in 2009.

You're a fake Lem, and according to reports party chat on XBO is far from fine

#11 Edited by ermacness (7022 posts) -

So, online multiplayer is superior on the X1 because more people play BF 4on the X1? Well, I can always use the ol "If having more people = better quality, then the Wii....... you know the rest"

#12 Edited by freedomfreak (38748 posts) -

What? Can anymore properly clarify the deal with X1's party chat?

#13 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -
#14 Edited by bleekz (9 posts) -

Hmm how many more countries did the Xbone launch in compared to PS4 right now? Not that it would have anything to do with the disparity in numbers you mention.

#15 Posted by CR00K (2644 posts) -

@bleekz said:

Hmm how many more countries did the Xbone launch in compared to PS4 right now? Not that it would have anything to do with the disparity in numbers you mention.

BINGO. The numbers on PS4 will skyrocket once the month is over.

#16 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

@CR00K said:

@bleekz said:

Hmm how many more countries did the Xbone launch in compared to PS4 right now? Not that it would have anything to do with the disparity in numbers you mention.

BINGO. The numbers on PS4 will skyrocket once the month is over.

Once europeans join? All they play is Fifa.

#17 Posted by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

@edidili: nop i ordered BF 2 moreeee dayssssssss

#18 Posted by CR00K (2644 posts) -

@edidili said:

@CR00K said:

@bleekz said:

Hmm how many more countries did the Xbone launch in compared to PS4 right now? Not that it would have anything to do with the disparity in numbers you mention.

BINGO. The numbers on PS4 will skyrocket once the month is over.

Once europeans join? All they play is Fifa.

Half of my friends in the US only play Fifa, so I'm sure there's some dude in Europe that can say the opposite.

#19 Posted by Heil68 (43269 posts) -

The Xbox One launch of Battlefield 4 is imperfect,

TC destroyed himself in opening post and thus SDC

Thank you Sony.

#20 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

The Xbox One launch of Battlefield 4 is imperfect,

TC destroyed himself in opening post and thus SDC

Thank you Sony.

And yet they go on to say it is better than the PS4 version.

#21 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

The Xbox One launch of Battlefield 4 is imperfect,

TC destroyed himself in opening post and thus SDC

Thank you Sony.

#22 Posted by ermacness (7022 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Heil68 said:

The Xbox One launch of Battlefield 4 is imperfect,

TC destroyed himself in opening post and thus SDC

Thank you Sony.

And yet they go on to say it is better than the PS4 version.

Well, to be honest, BF4 current predicament really doesn't fall on the shoulders of either Sony or MS. It's all on EA. This is evident, seeing that every platform that BF4 was released on, is having some sort of problems.

#23 Edited by ermacness (7022 posts) -

50 dollars please.

XBL users pay 10 bucks extra, and yet, don't even have a streaming service. It's not like BF4 is "vastly" different on the X1. Try not to delude yourselves this time around by saying that XBL is "miles" better than PSN, because as of late, there have been claims that the PSN is in, some ways, better shape than XBL.

#24 Edited by KHAndAnime (13298 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

For those Cows that thought they would have the better version of BF4........

You Have Been Owned

The Xbox One launch of Battlefield 4 is imperfect, but still strong. Periodic crashes and connectivity issues can be irritating, if you're unfortunate enough to experience them. Comparatively, Xbox One's servers are more populated than PlayStation 4's, with more readily available 64-player Conquest matches, but it's definitely not as smooth as would be ideal. These were rare problems, in my experience, and neither negatively affected the excellent core gameplay experience of Battlefield 4's multiplayer. As such, the score of Battlefield 4 remains unaffected, as it's still a terrific game, as described in the review below. We will update this review and remove this disclaimer when Battlefield 4 fully stabilizes.

And yes Dice should be ashamed of all versions so spare me your, 'BF4 sucks on all platforms'.

PS4 reviews haven't been complaining about problems either. Yet if you go to the forums, Xbox One owners are crying about problems just as much as the PS4.

And there is absolutely no ownage indicated in your post. If anything, you owned yourself dude.

#25 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

party chat talks~~~

x1 does have party chat

party chat does work

just set up different then 360

#26 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5753 posts) -

Does the server browser work on x1? because it does not work for me on the PS4. I have to go to quick match, and it always puts me in a full room, which is a problem, because I want to invite people. The game needs a party system, and for the server browser to work.

#27 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Online MultiPlayer Still Inferior On Consoles*

#28 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

I heard they ruined party chat on the Xbox One, and that the Ps4 actually maintained the same kind model the 360 had.

They talked a lot about how crappy it is on the latest Bombcast. Also said Forza Drivatar sucks.

#29 Posted by lazerface216 (7452 posts) -

@renegade311:

all lies. you do not own both consoles and xb1's party chat is a fucking mess.

#32 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Party Chat on Xbone is garbage from all sources and OP wants us to believe that somehow the Xbone MP is superior lol. Not to mention playing FPSs in 720p in 2013.

#33 Posted by silversix_ (13918 posts) -

the game runs in 720p on X1 LOL.

#34 Edited by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

@fishsticklover: I'm sorry you couldn't afford a next gen console, keep mowing those lawns kid.

#35 Posted by Animal-Mother (26419 posts) -

It's funny. I can get into 64 player games fine.....

I can get into a rush game.....

I can get into a game that is certainly populated.

Also lol at saying BF sucks still butthurt from ryse?

#36 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

Xboners are playing more generic FPSs than PS4 gamers? Not really surprising.

#37 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (756 posts) -

Blow me you retards

I've been able to use party chat with no issues, unless you own both consoles like I do keep your retarded mouths shut and don't talk unless I give you permission to.

What are you doing collectng boxes around people's trashcans? You're better than that!

#38 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@fishsticklover: I'm sorry you couldn't afford a next gen console, keep mowing those lawns kid.

Why are you so upset that X1's party chat is broken and probably will never be fixed??

#39 Edited by tormentos (16792 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

For those Cows that thought they would have the better version of BF4........

You Have Been Owned

The Xbox One launch of Battlefield 4 is imperfect, but still strong. Periodic crashes and connectivity issues can be irritating, if you're unfortunate enough to experience them. Comparatively, Xbox One's servers are more populated than PlayStation 4's, with more readily available 64-player Conquest matches, but it's definitely not as smooth as would be ideal. These were rare problems, in my experience, and neither negatively affected the excellent core gameplay experience of Battlefield 4's multiplayer. As such, the score of Battlefield 4 remains unaffected, as it's still a terrific game, as described in the review below. We will update this review and remove this disclaimer when Battlefield 4 fully stabilizes.

And yes Dice should be ashamed of all versions so spare me your, 'BF4 sucks on all platforms'.

Blame EA and Dice since those run on EA servers.

By the way how was that day without xbox live on UK.?

#40 Posted by lazerface216 (7452 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

@renegade311:

all lies. you do not own both consoles and xb1's party chat is a fucking mess.

@fishsticklover said:

@renegade311 said:

@freedomfreak said:

I heard they ruined party chat on the Xbox One, and that the Ps4 actually maintained the same kind model the 360 had.

I have both systems, the party chat on the XBO is fine, PS4's is a poor imitation of what was on the 360 in 2009.

You're a fake Lem, and according to reports party chat on XBO is far from fine

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@renegade311: if creating a separate account for cross game chat is fine to you, then you do you. Obviously, Microsoft never heard the saying "if it's not broke, don't fix it"

Blow me you retards

I've been able to use party chat with no issues, unless you own both consoles like I do keep your retarded mouths shut and don't talk unless I give you permission to.

then you're a fanboy in denial. everyone knows party chat on the xb1 is a joke right now.

#41 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL: lol pathetic

@fishsticklover: Why are you upset that you can't afford either console? Keep mowing lawns kid, get the consoles before running your mouth instead of reading BS on the internet.

#42 Posted by Wasdie (49559 posts) -

BF4 is broken, you can't judge PSN on BF4. BF4 had a really crappy launch on all platforms and they really dropped the ball with bugs on the PS4. That's it. There is no more to that story.

#43 Posted by jsmoke03 (12619 posts) -

never crashed on me...so im fine with it

#44 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Was never a question. We know xbl is better.

#45 Edited by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

@lazerface216: So you own an XB1? Pics or it didn't happen. I'll take you seriously if your information comes from beyond reading articles on the internet.

#46 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

BF4 is broken, you can't judge PSN on BF4. BF4 had a really crappy launch on all platforms and they really dropped the ball with bugs on the PS4. That's it. There is no more to that story.

Broken games deserve lower scores than ryse.

#47 Posted by lazerface216 (7452 posts) -

@lazerface216: So you own an XB1? Pics or it didn't happen. I'll take you seriously if your information comes from beyond reading articles on the internet.

multiple reliable sources are more than enough proof for me. and no, i do not have an xbox one, i would never waste my hard earned dollars on a launch console. ever. especially from MS...

#48 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -
@killzowned24 said:

@Wasdie said:

BF4 is broken, you can't judge PSN on BF4. BF4 had a really crappy launch on all platforms and they really dropped the ball with bugs on the PS4. That's it. There is no more to that story.

Broken games deserve lower scores than ryse.

A broken game with HUGE potential only a couple patches away > a working game designed with 2-button gameplay and no strategy the entire game.

ALL BF games start out buggy messes. But over time, they get really smooth and are unmatched. That's why people love the series. DICE takes chances and pushes the limits and it's always a struggle at first. But it only takes a couple patches to straighten it all out. It's been that way since BF 1942.

#49 Edited by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

@renegade311 said:

@lazerface216: So you own an XB1? Pics or it didn't happen. I'll take you seriously if your information comes from beyond reading articles on the internet.

multiple reliable sources are more than enough proof for me. and no, i do not have an xbox one, i would never waste my hard earned dollars on a launch console. ever. especially from MS...

If you don't own an XBO then keep your mouth shut. You have no credibility here and your post are 100% worthless.

#50 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL: lol pathetic

@fishsticklover: Why are you upset that you can't afford either console? Keep mowing lawns kid, get the consoles before running your mouth instead of reading BS on the internet.

That insane butthurt is off the charts with this guy, just deal with the fact that if you want to have a good experience with party chat, PS4 is the way to go