One Simple reason why Kinect failed.

• 99 results
#51 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito It needed it. Putting MS failed hard by not acknowledging that true gamers wanted kinect was your own fantasy and yours alone. Don't collectively involve us all by putting gamers when you definitely meant 'I'.

That's your opinion son not a fact. You don't and can't speak for everyone. Your opinion =/= fact dude so don't even try. My opinion is just as valid even if YOU don't believe so.

Don't take everything so literal cow. I spoke on MY opinions for why Kinect failed this gen. Last gen it sold over 24mil which is FAR from a failure.

Thanks for removing your head from Sony's rectum just to respond to me son but it was necessary. Go reinsert your head please. I have no desire to continue any conversation with a cow thinking his opinion is more valid than anyone else's.

#52 Posted by TigerSuperman (1975 posts) -

Kinect didn't improve games. Like Wii motion controls, gamers were excited to give new tech a chance but dropped it when they actually got to try it and found how poor it was.

You mean other than casual games kinect did not improve games. generes like arrows, dancing etc. were never better and is probably why the Kinect 1.0 sold 25 mill in the first place. Oh and Kinect starwars, which basically was dance central with mini games

#53 Edited by rrjim1 (843 posts) -

It seems that MS is giving up on Kinect because most people aren't intelligent enough to use it.

#54 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4142 posts) -

so the reason why kinect failed is because it doesn't work for gaming?

yes. typically, products need to work in order to do well.

#55 Posted by happyduds77 (1443 posts) -

Kinect failed because it sucks. Nobody wants to jump around like an idiot to play games and nobody likes talking to their TV.

this

#56 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito said:

That's your opinion son not a fact. You don't and can't speak for everyone. Your opinion =/= fact dude so don't even try. My opinion is just as valid even if YOU don't believe so.

Don't take everything so literal cow. I spoke on MY opinions for why Kinect failed this gen. Last gen it sold over 24mil which is FAR from a failure.

Thanks for removing your head from Sony's rectum just to respond to me son but it was necessary. Go reinsert your head please. I have no desire to continue any conversation with a cow thinking his opinion is more valid than anyone else's.

how is it not fact when MS have just threw kinect under a bus? It shows that gamers truly don't want it. Your opinion was laughable hyperbole as if you literally wanted a future of no core games and just kinect content, which even I know you didn't want. The future for games was not kinect so at least my opinion is backed up by logic. Lol you type so angry, calm down.

#57 Posted by StormyJoe (4764 posts) -

Reason is very simple. Everyone were hoping that Kinect Sports Rivals will be perfect true Kinect game to show power and accurate, but instead some games not working at all...

Xbox One with Kinect would worked so well if they just had great Kinect games. Microsoft was hoping that game developers can make Kinect games, but developers failed which lead Microsoft to remove Kinect from Xbox One.

If Kinect was just more accurate, faster and better, and it had games that works super well, then Xbox One would sell a lot more. Wii Sports showed how much it sold because it worked..

Kinect didn't fail. MS just unbundled it to make a cheaper SKU.

#58 Posted by iambatman7986 (394 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet: agreed 100%. The PS4 is just to dominating to allow MS to take the risk of falling behind.

#59 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6663 posts) -

Kinect sucks for gaming. Period.

#60 Edited by sibu_xgamer (319 posts) -

Kinect failed because it was a failure at conception by MS.

#61 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito said:

how is it not fact when MS have just threw kinect under a bus? It shows that gamers truly don't want it. Your opinion was laughable hyperbole as if you literally wanted a future of no core games and just kinect content, which even I know you didn't want. The future for games was not kinect so at least my opinion is backed up by logic. Lol you type so angry, calm down.

I stated my opinion for why I think Kinect failed. Why MS threw it under the bus is beyond what YOU or I know. We can only speculate and the last time I checked speculation isn't fact unless it's verified from the source. That hasn't happened now has it cow?

Some gamers didn't want it I can agree but all gamers? Nope, cause plenty of posters here were perfectly fine with it. Your opinion =/= fact kid just accept that fact.

Your opinion is pretty meaningless considering your hatred for MS. You seem pretty incapable of giving honest opinions like most cows.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think MS would have ditched the Kinect IF the PS4 wasn't selling so well and the race was pretty even?

The lack of games is what killed Kinect. Seems pretty logical to me cow. Just like the Move failed for Sony, no support. Seems rather simple.

#62 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: you'll be back on Microsofts nuts soon enough

#63 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2688 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Reason is very simple. Everyone were hoping that Kinect Sports Rivals will be perfect true Kinect game to show power and accurate, but instead some games not working at all...

Xbox One with Kinect would worked so well if they just had great Kinect games. Microsoft was hoping that game developers can make Kinect games, but developers failed which lead Microsoft to remove Kinect from Xbox One.

If Kinect was just more accurate, faster and better, and it had games that works super well, then Xbox One would sell a lot more. Wii Sports showed how much it sold because it worked..

Kinect didn't fail. MS just unbundled it to make a cheaper SKU.

It's going to be hard for devs to make product without that 1:1 attach rate. Also if the cheaper sku outsells the 500 sku by a large margin it's going to hard to justify the cost of updates and setting aside hardware resources. I don't see how you can make this out to be anything but bad news for all the early x1 owners with the kinect.

Sony's camera is in a similar position but it was not pushed as a a major asset then thrown under the bus. MS is going to say that this is just another sku and they are still 100 percent behind the kinect but we know that is just public relations.

#64 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@kingtito: you'll be back on Microsofts nuts soon enough

You'll break your head free from Sony's ass one day. I'm sure of it.

#65 Edited by getyeryayasout (7078 posts) -

I agree with TC. If Kinect actually worked and had fun games it could have been more successful.

#66 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Kinect failed because it is a useless piece of shit. Nothing more, nothing less.

#67 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3965 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet: agreed 100%. The PS4 is just to dominating to allow MS to take the risk of falling behind.

But I don't agree with what they did, they didn't even give their vision a chance, six months and they completely gave up on it.

#68 Posted by Draign (532 posts) -

Alert me when Dance Central is ready.

#69 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

I stated my opinion for why I think Kinect failed. Why MS threw it under the bus is beyond what YOU or I know. We can only speculate and the last time I checked speculation isn't fact unless it's verified from the source. That hasn't happened now has it cow?

Some gamers didn't want it I can agree but all gamers? Nope, cause plenty of posters here were perfectly fine with it. Your opinion =/= fact kid just accept that fact.

Your opinion is pretty meaningless considering your hatred for MS. You seem pretty incapable of giving honest opinions like most cows.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think MS would have ditched the Kinect IF the PS4 wasn't selling so well and the race was pretty even?

The lack of games is what killed Kinect. Seems pretty logical to me cow. Just like the Move failed for Sony, no support. Seems rather simple.

lmfao stop telling me that it's your opinion. I'm aware of that, I'm just highlighting that it's a bad one, or at least a very unpopular one and therefore I wanted to call it out. I'd also like to state I'm glad my view of the gaming future is different from yours if you think gamers truly wanted kinect experiences as core. That's my honest answer. At least VR and Move actually worked because of the way they were designed, fact.

If MS felt that there were enough people who enjoyed kinect, as you state, then they wouldn't have unbundled it, simple logic. They see it as an optional device despite stating in many articles and interviews that it was integral to experience. Why would they back track? Did you see how they were trying to sell it in those interviews, they were certain it wouldn't be unbundled. They woke up, so should you.

LOL My hatred for MS? I'm planning on owning an Xbone at some point, same goes for a WiiU. Even more now I don't have to buy into a $100 paper weight. It will be lighter on my wallet I assure you.

By your logic, why didn't they just lower the price with the kinect bundled then? They could have eaten the cost easily. Seems pretty logical to me bottomlem. They noticed there is mass hatred for the device that doesn't improve gaming in any way. Doesn't matter how many games they could have made for it if they were all going to be bad and not a 1:1 experience or simply didn't work. Kinect is flawed. Seems rather simple.

#70 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

lmfao stop telling me that it's your opinion. I'm aware of that, I'm just highlighting that it's a bad one, or at least a very unpopular one and therefore I wanted to call it out. I'd also like to state I'm glad my view of the gaming future is different from yours if you think gamers truly wanted kinect experiences as core. That's my honest answer. At least VR and Move actually worked because of the way they were designed, fact.

If MS felt that there were enough people who enjoyed kinect, as you state, then they wouldn't have unbundled it, simple logic. They see it as an optional device despite stating in many articles and interviews that it was integral to experience. Why would they back track? Did you see how they were trying to sell it in those interviews, they were certain it wouldn't be unbundled. They woke up, so should you.

LOL My hatred for MS? I'm planning on owning an Xbone at some point, same goes for a WiiU. Even more now I don't have to buy into a $100 paper weight. It will be lighter on my wallet I assure you.

By your logic, why didn't they just lower the price with the kinect bundled then? They could have eaten the cost easily. Seems pretty logical to me bottomlem. They noticed there is mass hatred for the device that doesn't improve gaming in any way. Doesn't matter how many games they could have made for it if they were all going to be bad and not a 1:1 experience or simply didn't work. Kinect is flawed. Seems rather simple.

That's your opinion cow and doesn't mean much really.

Did I say ALL gamers wanted Kinect? Why do you keep saying that cow? I gave my reason for WHY it failed, my point was not that ALL gamers wanted it cow. Typical cow, always picking on the wrong points of a thread.

Wrong cow, MS probably didn't want to take the hit on the sales if they dropped the price to 399 with Kinect. It was pretty obvious when they were selling it for 499 at a profit as opposed to the previous consoles where they lost money for each one sold. Yeah pretty simple cow.

Like I said, MS didn't want to fall further behind the PS4 so they had to drop the price in hopes of being competitive. The only way to do that AND still sell it at a profit was to drop Kinect from it. This is all speculation of course, just like YOUR theory.

Sure you are kid, with as much venom as you spit out about MS I highly doubt it.

Perhaps to continue making a profit. Maybe just maybe MS didn't want to lose money on each console sold. Who knows, certainly not you.

Now see, there goes your blind hatred for the product. There wasn't a "mass hatred" for the Kinect. The ONLY people that hated it that much are you lame ass cows.

Nice crystal ball you got there cow. How would YOU know the games were going to be bad or not? Lot of Kinect games were plenty fun on the 360 so why would this be any different? Oh I get it, it's your blind hatred for MS and the XBox.

I'm done kid, let me know when you've pulled your head out of Sony's ass.

#71 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

Kinect 2 failed because Microsoft did NOTHING to prove to people that it was worth it. It was the ace of the Xbox One's awfully flawed vision. The Xbox One at this point is just a box without a vision. I honestly have no idea why someone would be willing to invest in the platform when Microsoft does nothing but change their stance/vision on just about everything. Microsoft seems to be terribly prepared for this generation.

#72 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29082 posts) -

OP basically saying if the Kinect didn't suck it wouldn't suck

#73 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

dat logic

#74 Posted by _SWAG_ (2574 posts) -

kinect failed bcoz xbox failed n m$ failed n every xbox owner are failures imho facts. the xbone will be gone by the end of the year. ain't no body like real gamers got time for a wannabe system like the xbone

#75 Posted by clone01 (24407 posts) -

@lostrib said:

because you make too many threads?

Yep, I think its because of this.

#76 Posted by CleanPlayer (9779 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: When it's all said and done, I just feel like Kinect really is falsely advertised and a piece of junk lol

#77 Posted by SambaLele (5008 posts) -

ok unless i missed something,

1. Xbox with kinect is still 499

2. xbox without kinect is 399

3. they didn't drop kinect support they created another purchase option

4. tv shows, and games will still use kinect

so really why is everyone jumping off a damn cliff?

Really?

#79 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7102 posts) -

Microsoft failed to make a compelling case for why consumers needed Kinect. I wouldn't say it failed, though. I think that's going a bit far. As Kinect currently stands, there should be an option for consumers to get an Xbox One without it. Thankfully, Microsoft gets this now.

#80 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
#81 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

Fat people likes kinect, lots of fat people on X1 LOL

#82 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16255 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: When it's all said and done, I just feel like Kinect really is falsely advertised and a piece of junk lol

It's still the same thing as Eyetoy lol, it's fun for a while, but people quickly return to normal styles of play.

"But you can wave your arms to do this" Nah, I'd rather press a button

"But you can yell at the camera to do that" I'd rather press a button

#83 Posted by always_explicit (2665 posts) -

Navigating the UI with kinect is great but the thing that really let it down was the total lack of must have kinect software. MS dropped the ball there. A few solid kinect titles could have at least cemented the kinects value to the system. As it stands its just a handy navigational tool. Wicked for Skype though. HD titties. woop woop.

#84 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4538 posts) -

OP showed me a video of him beating Gazelle in arm wrestling, I thought that was neat.

#85 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

kinect failed because it never had the opportunity to succeed. Even something as simple as the impact triggers largely go unused. When i was playing trials fusion when my triggers were vibrating, i was wondering what the hell was going on.

If devs cant even support the impact triggers 6 months out, expecting them to support kinect is a pipedream. Wish MS stuck to their guns a bit longer, and chose to prove the kinect to consumers rather than abandon it.

#86 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Did I say ALL gamers wanted Kinect? Why do you keep saying that cow? I gave my reason for WHY it failed, my point was not that ALL gamers wanted it cow. Typical cow, always picking on the wrong points of a thread.

Wrong cow, MS probably didn't want to take the hit on the sales if they dropped the price to 399 with Kinect. It was pretty obvious when they were selling it for 499 at a profit as opposed to the previous consoles where they lost money for each one sold. Yeah pretty simple cow.

Like I said, MS didn't want to fall further behind the PS4 so they had to drop the price in hopes of being competitive. The only way to do that AND still sell it at a profit was to drop Kinect from it. This is all speculation of course, just like YOUR theory.

Sure you are kid, with as much venom as you spit out about MS I highly doubt it.

Perhaps to continue making a profit. Maybe just maybe MS didn't want to lose money on each console sold. Who knows, certainly not you.

Now see, there goes your blind hatred for the product. There wasn't a "mass hatred" for the Kinect. The ONLY people that hated it that much are you lame ass cows.

Nice crystal ball you got there cow. How would YOU know the games were going to be bad or not? Lot of Kinect games were plenty fun on the 360 so why would this be any different? Oh I get it, it's your blind hatred for MS and the XBox.

Because you said it yourself! Microsoft isn't in tune with what gamers truly want, your words, not mine. This means that gamers truly wanted kinect experiences and not core games like they have done for decades. Your opinion is a bad one, it's time to accept it, sales and consumers have made that pretty clear. Also come back when you've calmed down a bit. There was mass hatred for it or else MS would be seeing a lot more sales, lol at you making a statement about me being a fanboy then making a fanboy statement, everyone who hated kinect was a sony fanboy? Holy shit are you drowning in that koolaid. I'm glad the vocal majority is around to quell uprising of bad products and vision shifts. Kinect was a fad, clear and simple. Bottomlems these days, always getting the dregs.

#87 Posted by Draign (532 posts) -

@rrjim1 said:

It seems that MS is giving up on Kinect because most people aren't intelligent enough to use it.

haha

#88 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Because you said it yourself! Microsoft isn't in tune with what gamers truly want, your words, not mine. This means that gamers truly wanted kinect experiences and not core games like they have done for decades. Your opinion is a bad one, it's time to accept it, sales and consumers have made that pretty clear. Also come back when you've calmed down a bit. There was mass hatred for it or else MS would be seeing a lot more sales, lol at you making a statement about me being a fanboy then making a fanboy statement, everyone who hated kinect was a sony fanboy? Holy shit are you drowning in that koolaid. I'm glad the vocal majority is around to quell uprising of bad products and vision shifts. Kinect was a fad, clear and simple. Bottomlems these days, always getting the dregs.

It's nice to know that my words are taken as facts and not opinions. It's still an opinion kid, like it or not. Do you agree with it? Don't really care but that doesn't make YOUR opinion any more valid than mine.

You are a fanboy dude, that's not an opinion. I could make all the fanboy statements I want, that still wouldn't negate the fact that you're a huge biased cow and because of that....your opinion == cockroach

No not everyone that hated Kinect are fanboys but the majority here in SWs, yes. In the real world, I don't know 1 single person that hated Kinect but then again none of my friends are fanboys of just 1 console.

You're boring kid. Move along, lube your head and reinsert back into the Sony rectum you're so in love with.

#89 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69831 posts) -

ok unless i missed something,

1. Xbox with kinect is still 499

2. xbox without kinect is 399

3. they didn't drop kinect support they created another purchase option

4. tv shows, and games will still use kinect

so really why is everyone jumping off a damn cliff?

Because no one wanted it, and it's still 100 bucks

#90 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito said:

It's nice to know that my words are taken as facts and not opinions. It's still an opinion kid, like it or not. Do you agree with it? Don't really care but that doesn't make YOUR opinion any more valid than mine.

You are a fanboy dude, that's not an opinion. I could make all the fanboy statements I want, that still wouldn't negate the fact that you're a huge biased cow and because of that....your opinion == cockroach

No not everyone that hated Kinect are fanboys but the majority here in SWs, yes. In the real world, I don't know 1 single person that hated Kinect but then again none of my friends are fanboys of just 1 console.

You're boring kid. Move along, lube your head and reinsert back into the Sony rectum you're so in love with.

Boring enough to reply to with a many word retort, so I doubt that straight off the bat, kiddo. You typed out a hyperbolic opinion that was a bad one and I corrected you. It's not my fault you got butthurt about your loss of waggle gaming, at least now you wagglers can sit in the corner like the niche that you truly are. Let the core gamers do what they want.

You're a fanboy and a bottomlem, therefore one of the worst. Your opinion == kinect(worthless). Struck out the anecdotal drivel, I'm glad I don't swim in your social pool of wagglers.

Bottomlem gonna kinect.

#91 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4142 posts) -

to the tune of 1975s' "sex"

they dropped the kinect anyway

they dropped the kinect anyway

#92 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

Didn't you make a thread a while back saying that Kinect Sports Rivals was AMAZING?

#93 Posted by hoosier7 (3777 posts) -

1) It never functioned well enough for proper input in games.

2) The main redeeming feature in the voice stuff can just be done through any mic.

3) They never fulfilled promises, what happened to scanning skateboards and Milo?

4) Support fell off a cliff coming into this gen.

Kinect was always a grab for the casual market, it gave the 360 enough of a shot in the arm but people don't buy into these gimmicks twice as Nintendo will tell you.

#94 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (152 posts) -

Kinect failed because it sucks. Nobody wants to jump around like an idiot to play games and nobody likes talking to their TV.

Not true. I know tons of people that like talking to there TV ( me included ) and most parent gamers with kids love kinect if not for them self's for there kids. I just think that People that like kinect aren't the type of people to rush out and buy a new xbox right when it comes out.

#95 Edited by blackace (20082 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: The reason Kinect has failed so far is because it doesn't have any support. They got one terrible game from Ubisoft (Fighter Within) and one average game from Rare (Kinect Sports Rival). Then you can use Kinect to flip through applications, control your cable tv, Skype & Twitch and control some features in certain games. Most of the 3rd party support for Kinect was just tacked on stuff. Microsoft should have had at least 3-4 games ready for Kinect 2 within the first 3-4 months of it's launch. They can redeem themselves with much better Kinect games, but first impressions weren't good. If Kinect was M$ vision they should have waited until they had a large amount of apps and games to show off that vision. They didn't.

@I_can_haz said:

Kinect failed because it was a POS, end of story.

You're comments failed because you're a POS. Funny how ironic that is when it comes to you. lol!!

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Didn't you make a thread a while back saying that Kinect Sports Rivals was AMAZING?

Graphically, the game is amazing. Some of the games you play are very good, but the other 2-3 aren't that good.

#96 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Except for Gary Busey.

Anyway, kinect has failed, is currently failing, and shall continue to fail because

#97 Edited by Seabas989 (10044 posts) -

#98 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Boring enough to reply to with a many word retort, so I doubt that straight off the bat, kiddo. You typed out a hyperbolic opinion that was a bad one and I corrected you. It's not my fault you got butthurt about your loss of waggle gaming, at least now you wagglers can sit in the corner like the niche that you truly are. Let the core gamers do what they want.

You're a fanboy and a bottomlem, therefore one of the worst. Your opinion == kinect(worthless). Struck out the anecdotal drivel, I'm glad I don't swim in your social pool of wagglers.

Bottomlem gonna kinect.

Make no mistake kid, you're boring.

No, you corrected my opinion with your own opinion. You didn't state facts, you stated what YOU think not what actually IS. Difference is kid, I'm not acting as if MY opinion is a fact.

You're a cow and therefore a cockroach, THEEEEEE worst fanboy on the internet period. You're just 1 pathetic individual son. Good news for you is that you still have time since you're probably all of 12. Keep growing son, keep growing.

#99 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito said:

No, you corrected my opinion with your own opinion. You didn't state facts, you stated what YOU think not what actually IS. Difference is kid, I'm not acting as if MY opinion is a fact.

You're a cow and therefore a cockroach, THEEEEEE worst fanboy on the internet period. You're just 1 pathetic individual son. Good news for you is that you still have time since you're probably all of 12. Keep growing son, keep growing.

If you're bored of me you wouldn't waste any more time on me, so it's clear I'm not boring. ;) Like I've said before, my opinion is way more informed and supported by facts. You will always be a bottomlem.

Bottomlems gonna cry into his worthless kinect garbage. edit: oh wow 'age jokes' don't you feel good now, aye internet tough guy? Pathetic lem with no argument or points to back up his terrible opinion.

#100 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito said:

If you're bored of me you wouldn't waste any more time on me, so it's clear I'm not boring. ;) Like I've said before, my opinion is way more informed and supported by facts. You will always be a bottomlem.

Bottomlems gonna cry into his worthless kinect garbage. edit: oh wow 'age jokes' don't you feel good now, aye internet tough guy? Pathetic lem with no argument or points to back up his terrible opinion.

No, you're boring kid. Don't think because I respond it negates the fact you're boring. I respond to El Tormented all the time and he is beyond boring now so don't feel special kid.

What facts are those? The response from cows on SWs? Like I said little guy, your opinion == cockroach and is in no way better or more informed. Only losers think their opinions mean more than someone else's....wait forgot I was talking to a cow.

Internet tough guy? Calling you 12 means I'm an internet tough guy? Hahahahahahahaha hope that wasn't serious. I said you're 12 because kids will run around saying their opinions mean more than anyone else's. Just like you without a single fact to back it up but he's the difference kid, I know it's an opinion. I don't expect anyone to back up opinions with facts UNLESS they're saying it's fact and NOT an opinion. Are you trying to say YOUR opinion is fact?

So yeah, you're probably 12 and if saying you're 12 means I'm an "internet tough guy", so be it. Pathetic cow, always running around spitting out opinions and acting as if they're facts.