One more high quality WiiU game....WiiU Party U.Flop..lol

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AtariKidX (6278 posts) -

The amount of fun you have with Wii Party U hinges by and large on the company you're with rather than the quality of the games themselves. Even with a perfect group of pals, though, there are potential hiccups: an awful minigame randomly thrown at you can deflate a fun atmosphere, an unclear explanation can prove confusing, and a badly paced board game can bore everybody. The sterile presentation and lack of options certainly don't help matters, either. While it has its highlights, the party is over before it can really get started.

..................................5.0.Mediocre

One more high quality game for the WiiU.......lol

#2 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

Yes, I am sure everyone was looking forward to Wii Party U

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

Megaton. Atarikid owns dem Sheep. What will they do?

#5 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Wii Party... poopers :(

#6 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

There are dark times ahead for Wii U only owners after the few good 1st Party games coming next year. That's for sure.

#7 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

I still might pick it up, without a Mario Party game I have not had any new party games with the family. I could always use another motion+ controller as well.

#8 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22470 posts) -

Damn shame for all 2 people that were hyping this

#9 Edited by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

There are dark times ahead for Wii U only owners after the few good 1st Party games coming next year. That's for sure.

Yes, it's not like Nintendo will announce any more first party games for their console.

#10 Edited by m_machine024 (14991 posts) -

Well at least someone's happy about the score.

#11 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Yes, it's not like Nintendo will announce any more first party games for their console.

If the Wii is anything to go by with their release schedule, then yes, it will be dark times. Drought city with a sprinkle of 1st party. Also, what are they going to do spam more Mario? Nintendo only releases 1 of certain games like Mario Kart and Smash Brothers per cycle. New IP's also aren't their strong suit especially on consoles. Since the Wii U will be a distant 3rd it won't get as much support as the Wii from even Japanese 3rd party.

#12 Posted by nini200 (9802 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Well for starters, they will tell him to get the name of the game right in the title "WiiU Party U"?

#13 Edited by Netret0120 (2160 posts) -

They should have released Wii U Sports with the Wii

#14 Edited by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Well for starters, they will tell him to get the name of the game right in the title "WiiU Party U"?

His dominance is absolute. None can sway his superiority!!!

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

If the Wii is anything to go by with their release schedule, then yes, it will be dark times. Drought city with a sprinkle of 1st party. Also, what are they going to do spam more Mario? Nintendo only releases 1 of certain games like Mario Kart and Smash Brothers per cycle. New IP's also aren't their strong suit especially on consoles. Since the Wii U will be a distant 3rd it won't get as much support as the Wii from even Japanese 3rd party.

Why go by the Wii? Why not go by the Gamecube, which was doing similarly poorly on the market (meaning Nintendo turned all its attention to the console?)?

Right now, for the Wii U, these are the first party games we know are coming:

• Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • X
  • Yoshi Yarn
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • The Legend of Zelda

That's it. That's all they have announced. Are you seriously expecting them to not announce more games? Kirby, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mario RPG, Wars are all games Nintendo franchises with no Wii U representation yet.

Oh, and new IPs aren't Nintendo's strong suit? Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, The Wonderful 101, and now X. That's five high quality new console IPs right there.

If you seriously expect Nintendo won't focus their first party attention to the Wii U, I don't know what to say to you. This isn't Sony and the PS Vita we are talking about here.

#16 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Can't wait to play this. I like high quality games.

#17 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Find out next time on D...

#18 Posted by Heil68 (44676 posts) -

Damn, I was going to buy that too. I guessing buying a WiiU game in a calendar year is too much to ask.

#19 Posted by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Damn, I was going to buy that too. I guessing buying a WiiU game in a calendar year is too much to ask.

Get Mario 3D World and Wind Waker, brah

#20 Posted by MonsieurX (30282 posts) -

Won't stop those who want it

#21 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18139 posts) -

Hard to be disappointed by a game I didn't know existed until I saw the review. Where was Nintendo with this? They did virtually zero promo for it. (Guess we know why, now.)

#22 Posted by Thecongregation (57 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Poor Vita.

#23 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14004 posts) -

So its a whole point better than Bioshock?

But srsly... This year for wiiu fell apart fast. lt looked promising after pikmin 3.. But then that has been it. Wario, Sonic, several other games sucked, others got delayed, multiplats missing major features, now all that has really been worth buying is Pikmin, Mario and a remake of a game that lve already beaten 3 times.

lf 3D World isn't 10/10 better than galaxy than this is easily the single worst year any Nintendo console has ever had software wise.

#24 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

@Thecongregation said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Poor Vita.

When you have no argument but to deflect onto another system. That says it all.

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Why go by the Wii? Why not go by the Gamecube, which was doing similarly poorly on the market (meaning Nintendo turned all its attention to the console?)?

Right now, for the Wii U, these are the first party games we know are coming:

• Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • X
  • Yoshi Yarn
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • The Legend of Zelda

That's it. That's all they have announced. Are you seriously expecting them to not announce more games? Kirby, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mario RPG, Wars are all games Nintendo franchises with no Wii U representation yet.

Oh, and new IPs aren't Nintendo's strong suit? Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, The Wonderful 101, and now X. That's five high quality new console IPs right there.

If you seriously expect Nintendo won't focus their first party attention to the Wii U, I don't know what to say to you. This isn't Sony and the PS Vita we are talking about here.

-

Why would I focus the Gamecube when it wasn't Nintendo's last console. That was the Wii. Not to mention the market has changed a lot since then especially with Japanese console support from 3rd Parties.

I know what games are coming out hence my statement "after the few good 1st Party games." I never said Nintendo wouldn't announce more games. I said there would be alot of droughts and there will be alot of droughts because 3rd party support for the Wii U is mediocore and progressing to ****.

Also, no 5 new IP's between the Wii and Wii U isn't strong. Sony on PS3 alone: Beyond Two Souls, Demon's Souls, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Little Big Planet, MAG, Motorstorm, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Puppeteer, Resistance, Uncharted, etc...

As I said previously, Nintendo faboys mentioning Vita isn't going to suddenly make the Wii U look any better. They both are failing in their respective markets. The Vita however has more support especially from 3rd Parties and that is fact. Also, Sony has released and published more 1st Party Vita games then Nintendo has for Wii U thus far so, fail.

#25 Edited by AznbkdX (3209 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Not sure what this really has to do with the OP at hand, but you are entitled to speak your mind.

Anyways on topic it looks like another one of those games that are great for playing in a group, although I never was expecting much out of it when it comes to the quality of the game.

#26 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:
Why would I focus the Gamecube when it wasn't Nintendo's last console.

That was explained.

#27 Posted by KBFloYd (13688 posts) -

didnt wii sports also get a 5.0

this game isnt for fat review critics or old bald has beens like mcshea...

its for people that are active and enoy playing together with families and friends.

#28 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

That was explained.

While the Wii was the best selling console unlike the Gamecube, the Gamecube wasn't in as bad of a games situation with core 3rd party as the Wii was and the Wii U is. 3rd Party Japanese developers during that time were still heavily on board with consoles and Nintendo managed to secure quite a few high quality exclusives. The market has changed since the Gamecube.

#29 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

That was explained.

While the Wii was the best selling console unlike the Gamecube, the Gamecube wasn't in as bad of a games situation with core 3rd party as the Wii was and the Wii U is. 3rd Party Japanese developers during that time were still heavily on board with consoles and Nintendo managed to secure quite a few high quality exclusives. The market has changed since the Gamecube.

I wasn't throwing my 2 cents in. Solely stating that it was explained. You'd be better off editing that explanation, into your previous response.

#30 Edited by PsychoLemons (2103 posts) -

Nobody cares for you, TC.

#31 Edited by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Why would I focus the Gamecube when it wasn't Nintendo's last console. That was the Wii. Not to mention the market has changed a lot since then especially with Japanese console support from 3rd Parties.

I know what games are coming out hence my statement "after the few good 1st Party games." I never said Nintendo wouldn't announce more games. I said there would be alot of droughts and there will be alot of droughts because 3rd party support for the Wii U is mediocore and progressing to ****.

Also, no 5 new IP's between the Wii and Wii U isn't strong. Sony on PS3 alone: Beyond Two Souls, Demon's Souls, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Little Big Planet, MAG, Motorstorm, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Puppeteer, Resistance, Uncharted, etc...

As I said previously, Nintendo faboys mentioning Vita isn't going to suddenly make the Wii U look any better. They both are failing in their respective markets. The Vita however has more support especially from 3rd Parties and that is fact. Also, Sony has released and published more 1st Party Vita games then Nintendo has for Wii U thus far so, fail.

You would focus on the Gamecube over the Wii because the Gamecube was more similar to the Wii U and its situation than the Wii ever was.

Sure, there will be droughts for the Wii U. Just like there were droughts for the Wii, Gamecube, and N64. It comes with the territory of owning a Nintendo console. When you buy one, you know what you are getting yourself into. Wii U's third party support is, was, and continues to be non existent, the most Nintendo will manage is secured exclusives like Bayonetta 2 (and even those are the ones that Nintendo has to publish itself).

Now your original statement, which you referred me back to when talking about the bleakness of the third party landscape on the Wii U (which is not news, incidentally) has nothing to do with the topic to begin with, but is also something that incorrect. You said 'after the few good 1st party games,' which immediately implies that once the first party games are released, nothing is left. Which was the reason for my response that obviously, Nintendo will be announcing more new titles for the console, they can't afford to just leave it alone.

And two things about the new IPs thing: a) I never said Nintendo makes (or has more of an emphasis on) new IPs more than Sony. In fact I did not even bring Sony up in the discussion. Why drag them in? I know Sony makes more new IPs. I respect Sony for that. My statement was confined solely to Nintendo. In absolute terms, your statement, that Nintendo does not invest in new IPs, was patently incorrect. I just demonstrated that with examples. THat remains true independently of whether Sony makes five, fifty, or five hundred new IPs.

Secondly, b) both of us know Nintendo make more new IPs as well. There is Wii. Exctirebots. Endless Ocean. Nintendo Land. My intent was to filter out the shit and just name the good new IPs. If I were to similarly edit out the crap from your Sony list, we'd be left with Demon's Souls, inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Pupeteer. Maybe Motorstorm and Heavy Rain if you want to push it, but suddenly, the difference doesn't look as big, does it?

(I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that the only reason Sony invested in so many new IPs on the PS3 is because they had no dependably ones before then, and once third parties quit making exclusives for the system, they had to bolster up their own first party lineup. You know, similar to Nintendo in the SNES and N64 days.)

I brought up the Vita to point out that that system has literally nothing announced for it from this year on from Sony. Don't bring up the 'but in Japan!' argument. Even in Japan, from Sony itself, there's one additional title compared to the rest of the world, and that is an enhanced re-release of a title that was released earlier this year. The Vita has more third party support. Yes, it does. Games I can play on my PS3 or PC or 3DS or Wii U or Xbox 360. Exclusive third party support for Vita is literally non existent. Wii U has it beat in that area.

Oh, you mean a system that is two years old has more first party releases than a system that is one year old? You don't say?

#32 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Okay... Are you going to report on 3D World when it comes out?

#33 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11861 posts) -

Yet another flop on the Wii U, thank you based Ubisoft.

#34 Posted by KBFloYd (13688 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

party games dont flop dumbass.

#35 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11861 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

So does that mean Super Smash Bros can't flop?

#36 Posted by dotWithShoes (4845 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

It's funny you you choose the Wii, Nintendo released a steady stream of titles after 2008 up until right before the Wii U was released. Do you really expect them to release a game a month? Unlike most Xbox 360 and ps3 games, Nintendo titles have a habit of being played a long time.

#37 Posted by AtariKidX (6278 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Someone is mad...lol

#38 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7509 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

You would focus on the Gamecube over the Wii because the Gamecube was more similar to the Wii U and its situation than the Wii ever was.

Sure, there will be droughts for the Wii U. Just like there were droughts for the Wii, Gamecube, and N64. It comes with the territory of owning a Nintendo console. When you buy one, you know what you are getting yourself into. Wii U's third party support is, was, and continues to be non existent, the most Nintendo will manage is secured exclusives like Bayonetta 2 (and even those are the ones that Nintendo has to publish itself).

Now your original statement, which you referred me back to when talking about the bleakness of the third party landscape on the Wii U (which is not news, incidentally) has nothing to do with the topic to begin with, but is also something that incorrect. You said 'after the few good 1st party games,' which immediately implies that once the first party games are released, nothing is left. Which was the reason for my response that obviously, Nintendo will be announcing more new titles for the console, they can't afford to just leave it alone.

And two things about the new IPs thing: a) I never said Nintendo makes (or has more of an emphasis on) new IPs more than Sony. In fact I did not even bring Sony up in the discussion. Why drag them in? I know Sony makes more new IPs. I respect Sony for that. My statement was confined solely to Nintendo. In absolute terms, your statement, that Nintendo does not invest in new IPs, was patently incorrect. I just demonstrated that with examples. THat remains true independently of whether Sony makes five, fifty, or five hundred new IPs.

Secondly, b) both of us know Nintendo make more new IPs as well. There is Wii. Exctirebots. Endless Ocean. Nintendo Land. My intent was to filter out the shit and just name the good new IPs. If I were to similarly edit out the crap from your Sony list, we'd be left with Demon's Souls, inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Pupeteer. Maybe Motorstorm and Heavy Rain if you want to push it, but suddenly, the difference doesn't look as big, does it?

(I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that the only reason Sony invested in so many new IPs on the PS3 is because they had no dependably ones before then, and once third parties quit making exclusives for the system, they had to bolster up their own first party lineup. You know, similar to Nintendo in the SNES and N64 days.)

I brought up the Vita to point out that that system has literally nothing announced for it from this year on from Sony. Don't bring up the 'but in Japan!' argument. Even in Japan, from Sony itself, there's one additional title compared to the rest of the world, and that is an enhanced re-release of a title that was released earlier this year. The Vita has more third party support. Yes, it does. Games I can play on my PS3 or PC or 3DS or Wii U or Xbox 360. Exclusive third party support for Vita is literally non existent. Wii U has it beat in that area.

Oh, you mean a system that is two years old has more first party releases than a system that is one year old? You don't say?

Gamespot didn't even post my first reply to this and I don't feel like writing it all again. I will touch on the Vita part. Flat out you're wrong. 1st party wise Sony has Freedom Wars (Action) and Over My Dead Body 2 (RPG) which are exclusive to the PS Vita in 2014 along with Soul Sacrifice Delta (Action) which is what I suspect you were talking about.

As for the Wii U having more exclusive 3rd party support? You should do some research.

PS Vita: Chronos Materia (RPG), Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Adventure), Danganronpa Another Episode (Action), Madoka Magika: Battle Pentagram (RPG), Tokyo Shinseiroku Operation Abyss (RPG), Phantasy Star Nova (RPG), Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (RPG), Utakumi 575 (Rhythm). Plus some other visual novels I don't feel like listing.

Wii U: Taiko No Tatsujin (Rhythm).

Do tell where are the 3rd Party exclusives?

#39 Edited by Bigboi500 (29956 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

@KBFloYd said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Someone is mad...lol

Do work on expanding your vocabulary beyond "lol".

#40 Edited by MonsieurX (30282 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

@KBFloYd said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Someone is mad...lol

Someone doesn't know the words he's using ...lol

#41 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

Wii ewww and high quality dont go together

#42 Posted by MonsieurX (30282 posts) -

@TheKingIAm said:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 > almost all of PS3 library

#43 Posted by silversix_ (14642 posts) -

Some are getting GTA 5 as their 'big' games and others get this shit and tell others "its good and fun" lol wiiu

#44 Edited by silversix_ (14642 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@TheKingIAm said:

what does a wii has to do with wiiu? and are you in 2010 when that game was released or 2013, 3 years after game was out? are you seriously gonna be talking about smg 2 being good 15 years from now when Wiiu 3 will be out? like how many people do you see saying the 360 is good because its predecessor had Halo: CE which was amazing for its time? No one does this kind of shit and it only happens with Nintendo because they release 1 good game per YEAAAARS, so to 'reinforce' their library of extremely poor quality, ppl bring games released almost half a decade ago and not even on the same console LOLOL

#45 Posted by KBFloYd (13688 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@KBFloYd said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

So does that mean Super Smash Bros can't flop?

smash bros is a real game. so yes it can flop.

#46 Edited by KBFloYd (13688 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Some are getting GTA 5 as their 'big' games and others get this shit and tell others "its good and fun" lol wiiu

GTA 5 is a kids game.

what does a wii has to do with wiiu? and are you in 2010 when that game was released or 2013, 3 years after game was out? are you seriously gonna be talking about smg 2 being good 15 years from now when Wiiu 3 will be out? like how many people do you see saying the 360 is good because its predecessor had Halo: CE which was amazing for its time? No one does this kind of shit and it only happens with Nintendo because they release 1 good game per YEAAAARS, so to 'reinforce' their library of extremely poor quality, ppl bring games released almost half a decade ago and not even on the same console LOLOL[/quote]

because EAD who made mario 3d world also made galaxy.

#47 Posted by madsnakehhh (14414 posts) -

Who was hyping this?

#48 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

You're trying way too hard. This game wasn't even hyped. Go crawl back to your hole fanboy scum.

#49 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@TheKingIAm said:

SMG2 =/= Wii U

Try again.

#50 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

All sheep do is fall back on Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Lets go one step back SMG1 > SMG2. Or even more Mario 64 > SMG2.

This line says it best.. 'the party is over before it can really get started.'