Once PSnow/Gaikai get here you'd be a fool to not own a Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

Simply put. Being able to download that many games to your Ps3 and then remote play them on a vita...or being able to just play them from the vita...You'd be a fool to not own one. Once Second Son releases I'll grabbing a PS4 and Vita and still keeping my PS3.

EDIT: And specially if Sony figures out a good way to present the controls.

#2 Edited by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

It kind of defeats the purpose of "going handheld" when you're restricted to places with [fast] internet. You may as well just play it on the PS3/PS4.

I need to say this for every PSnow thread: Downloads >>>>>>>>>>>>> streams

#3 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8275 posts) -

You don't now how much Sony will charge for PS Now and you don't even know how poor it will perform. I'd put the brakes on this one.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (31177 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

It kind of defeats the purpose of "going handheld" when you're restricted to places with [fast] internet. You may as well just play it on the PS3/PS4.

This.

#5 Posted by Telekill (4919 posts) -

I have every PlayStation and plan to use PSNow as a rental service.

#6 Posted by tymeservesfate (2184 posts) -

you'd be a fool to subscribe to that streaming rental nonsense as it is, lol.

#7 Posted by osan0 (12864 posts) -

i wouldnt taint my vita with such drivel. like onlive and gaikai, itll be sloppy nonsense unfit for actual gaming outisde of minesweeper and solitaire.

#8 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3177 posts) -
@bbkkristian said:

/thread

#9 Posted by clyde46 (46997 posts) -

Won't PSnow work on PC's?

#10 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Sounds lame.

#11 Posted by charizard1605 (59612 posts) -

I mean, I own one right now.

#12 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

I may get one just for this. We'll see.

#13 Posted by Vecna (3401 posts) -

Have they mentioned how they are going to get around multiplayer latency with this system?

And...

@bbkkristian said:

#14 Posted by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

Well, are you speculations have an equal chance of being wrong just as mine does, or of being right just like mine does. And I think they can actually pull this off. PSN speeds are pretty impressive. And as for the strong internet portion, dude, even public parks and nature walkways have free wifi, and while this isn't an excuse, there are plenty of times people who pay 80$+ for 3g/4g still don't get signal. When I had verizon I used to get signal every where else but my freaking bedroom.

#15 Posted by Ghost120x (4053 posts) -

If it performs anything like remote play on ps4 it will be shit. I can't get it to work longer than 30 minutes without it disconnecting.

#16 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

with wifi becoming more commonplace hell even the buses round about here are getting wifi it will eventually be a viable option in many ways, sure it might not be here yet but i'd give it 4-5 years and its possibly a viable option if 4G uptake picks up and continues.Not to mention theres been a fairly big investment in fibre optic by BT and the likes in the UK the past few years, in a few years this cloud computing could become a viable option of play for people on the move if everything falls into place.

The world's becoming a more connected place day by day hell even the vita champions being connected to PSN cause lets face it to even get the best out it you need to be online with it.

#17 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

@razgriz_101: all I think:

Mom: "time for a road trip, sweetie!"

Me: "alright let me grab my ps vita."

*plays streaming game and gets into car.*

*goes outside wi-fi range.*

*game lost*

=====================

But with places getting offering free wifi, the chances of it being capable to run video game streams are really narrow, and then go slim to none when you talk about America. Because really, America is huge and filled with rural locations everywhere; even in the city, nearly all the Wifi signals are locked. The only place that offers internet that good for free is university campuses (prepaid, technically). You are right that businesses are slowly moving to wifi Internet, but I don't think the Internet would be that great due to how expensive it can become. So, because of this, I don't see why Streaming would be such a big deal on the PSVita, Sony should be putting their assists on emulator downloads if they are to push its portability. It's actually a shame for those who bought the 3G version, they can't play games online with it And they wouldn't be able to stream with it, it's virtually useless.

#18 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25989 posts) -

$100 a year? lol no.

#19 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7598 posts) -

Well, you aren't going to be able to stream games to your Vita when you are on the go away from a wifi source, anyway, so if your taste in games isn't good enough to appreciate the Vita library that is already there, you probably shouldn't pick one up just for PS Now.

#20 Posted by Bishop1310 (1145 posts) -

have fun paying 100 bucks a year for ps+ and PS now.. not worth it. keep your ps3's.

#21 Posted by Draign (836 posts) -

I think handhelds are for children. I barely have time for home consoles. Congrats to whomever enjoys theirs though.

#22 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I am not interested in Playstation Now. The Vita needs more games that interest me and a price drop on both the system and the memory cards before I jump on.

#23 Edited by gago-gago (9678 posts) -

No thanks. You need to be "always on" with PSNow. Also don't you have to use the same wifi connection for remote play to work smoothly and right? It's going to be a mess, streaming to the PS4 then remote play to the dead Vita, no thanks. #GreatmessAwaits