Once again, Nintendo is the only company being innovative.

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by farrell2k (5610 posts) -

The Xbox One is the same thing as the 360. Nothing different; same unfulfilled 1080p promises. Most games aren't even hitting 900p. Congratulations. You just bought a mid-range PC...again.

The PS4, while clearly more powerful than the Xbox One, is still just the same old playstation. Graphics get slightly better, but all the games are exactly the same. At least Sony was smart enough to put a touchpad on their controller, but it is too small to be used for anything interesting.

Both companies also seem to want to embrace motion controls, but are just rehashing the same old crap with a camera.

Nintendo realized that it went to far with the Wii's motion controls, and in a brilliant move, toned it down and integrated them into a beautiful game pad with a display that is actually useful, proving once again that they are the only company willing to change the boring nature of modern games.

It seems like the only console actually delivering on 1080p as promised is the Wii U. Actually, it looks like the WiiU actually has more games than the other consoles in native 1080p.

No wonder Microsoft and Sony are losing billions in the console market.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -

Exactly, man.

And it has Bayonetta 2.

#3 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -

Ps4 and One could run last gen games in 1080p too.

#4 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

All hail Nintendo.

#5 Posted by AtariKidX (6201 posts) -

Nintendo..........lol

#6 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Sony owns a service that intends to stream every single playstation game ever made to any device that Sony makes. Nintendo in the next 10 years will never do anything half as ambitious as that.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -

Nintendo..........lol

Hey man. How's life? Damn, I thought you left with those Gamespot changes and whatnot.

Hard to resist SW. We'll keep complaining though!

#8 Edited by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

LOL at the Wii mote or tablet controller being innovative.

Go ahead and tell us what new revolutionary concepts both offered that lead to revolutionary games

Or what both do that a controller can not do with better ease and simplicity.

Nintendo doesnt innovate, they do gimmicks. Microsoft tries to do gimmicks too like Kinect but fail even harder etc

Yeah, Sony has move BUT they never made motion controls their main focus...*cough* Nintendo Microsoft *cough*

Sony has TRULY innovated - CD technology. Rumble. Blue Ray -all which have actually BENIFITTED GAMING.

Sony are the only ones who have moved gaming forward in a positive way...and thats just real talk....no sugar coating it.

Sony always remains focused on the gamer and that to me means MORE THEN anything else.

Also, playstation exclusives like Uncharted 2 revolutionzed action adventure and started a movement. Look at all the copy cat clones of Uncharted.

Nintendo games are hardly copied. I wont even talk about pathetic xbox exclusives (cookie cutter repetitive generic shooters ala Gears Halo Gears Halo)

Playstation exclusives like Last of Us will re-revolutionize gaming when the dust settles too. Last of Us is already widely considered one of the greatest games of all time

Call me when Nintendo can even just make a modern game, let alone one like Uncharted lol.

Lastly, it would be hard to talk about the positives of gaming without mentioning Sony.

Sony Playstation IS GAMING.

I could give a flying rats ass about whats innovative or not, the fact is I WANT A PS4 more then anything else right now. Feature rich, powerful, affordable, PSN+ , GAMING is the number one priority of it, its features are GAMING specific etc...and playstation exclusives are beyond awesome, I know im going to be getting a ton of them for my PS4 through out the entirety of the gen.

Viva La PS4...and thank you Sony for not chasing gimmicks like Tablet controllers or Kinect spy cams!

#9 Posted by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

Sony owns a service that intends to stream every single playstation game ever made to any device that Sony makes. Nintendo in the next 10 years will never do anything half as ambitious as that.

LOL this this and this

#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

Nintendo home console department is a disgrace...

#11 Edited by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

Nintendo games are hardly copied. I wont even talk about pathetic xbox exclusives (cookie cutter repetitive generic shooters ala Gears Halo Gears Halo)

lol playstation all star battle and Mod Nation Racer and LBP Kartin

lol

#12 Posted by Netret0120 (1996 posts) -

If it ain't broke, don't fix

#13 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

So last gen underpoweredness and a gimmicky controller = innovation?

#14 Edited by farrell2k (5610 posts) -

Sony has TRULY innovated - CD technology. Rumble. Blue Ray -all which have actually BENIFITTED GAMING.

Sony are the only ones who have moved gaming forward in a positive way...and thats just real talk....no sugar coating it.

Sony always remains focused on the gamer and that to me means MORE THEN anything else.

Also, playstation exclusives like Uncharted 2 revolutionzed action adventure and started a movement. Look at all the copy cat clones of Uncharted.

Playstation exclusives like Last of Us will re-revolutionize gaming when the dust settles too. Last of Us is already widely considered one of the greatest games of all time

Call me when Nintendo can even just make a modern game, let alone one like Uncharted lol.

Lastly, it would be hard to talk about the positives of gaming without mentioning Sony.

LOL. Anyone older than like 8 years old knows that Nintendo originally hired Sony to create a CD attachment for the SNES. The first video game console to utilize CDROM tech was the PCEngine/TG16. Sony and Sega quickly copied it.

The N64 was the first console to offer a rumble pack in its controllers since April of 1997. The DualShock controller did not come out until November of 1997.

Nintendo games are copied ALL THE TIME! Every platformer copies gameplay from Super Mario Bors, and every rpg since Zelda has done the same.

Nintendo revitalized the entire gaming industry when it died.

Cows are delusional...

#15 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

Well I'm not getting too much joy out of our WiiU and it appears either are 3rd party developers or people willing to buy the console. It will be dead last this gen.

#17 Posted by handssss (1774 posts) -

Yes because tablet gaming was invented and made popular by Nintendo. And only Nintendo can produce new quality franchises each and every gen instead of soley relying on the same half a dozen they created over 2 decades ago. I want to also take this time to appreciate Nintendo for fully embracing online gaming and realizing its importance in today's world. By preparing themselves last gen by entering into HD gaming, they are now ready to develop games with significantly more powerful hardware than we've ever had in a single console before.

#18 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17008 posts) -

There is nothing innovative about a tablet.

#19 Posted by Gue1 (9377 posts) -

"beautiful game pad with a display that is actually useful" <--- sheep always the most delusional.

#20 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26235 posts) -

Theres nothing innovative about what they are doing.

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

Who cares about innovation if it is something nobody wants which is evident by the lack of sells/interest.

#22 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Don't get me wrong. I think there is potential in both the Wii Remote, and the Wii U pad to bring experiences we haven't seen before on consoles.

The thing is that Nintendo's ignorance of everything going on in the gaming world is astounding. It's truly beyond belief.

They make so many bad choices.

#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6562 posts) -

LOL at the Wii mote or tablet controller being innovative.

Go ahead and tell us what new revolutionary concepts both offered that lead to revolutionary games

Or what both do that a controller can not do with better ease and simplicity.

Nintendo doesnt innovate, they do gimmicks. Microsoft tries to do gimmicks too like Kinect but fail even harder etc

Yeah, Sony has move BUT they never made motion controls their main focus...*cough* Nintendo Microsoft *cough*

I could give a flying rats ass about whats innovative or not, the fact is I WANT A PS4 more then anything else right now. Feature rich, powerful, affordable, PSN+ , GAMING is the number one priority of it, its features are GAMING specific etc...and playstation exclusives are beyond awesome, I know im going to be getting a ton of them for my PS4 through out the entirety of the gen.

Viva La PS4...and thank you Sony for not chasing gimmicks like Tablet controllers or Kinect spy cams!

Forza isn't a generic shooter you moron. Christ, you're dumb. But entertaining.

#24 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

lol, nintendo...their console sucks ass, that's really all there is to it. I guess if innovation means shitty motion controls and a succession of games that are letdowns, then sure it's very "innovative".

#25 Edited by PonchoTaco (1936 posts) -
#26 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7463 posts) -

Wii U's gamepad hasn't done anything innovative yet with gameplay so therefore... no.

#27 Edited by Bigboi500 (29081 posts) -
#28 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Microsoft is the most innovative company out there in the gaming space. Even Nintendo and Sony are trying to copy MS cloud technology but they cannot replicate it because they don't have the funds. Sony is gonna go under and Nintendo is at least doing better.

#29 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6242 posts) -

No they USED TO BE.

Wiimote wasn't exactly used to it's fullest and seem very awkward and inaccurate. If they were a "godsend" ALL Wii games should have been implemented with Wiimote controls accurately and NO ONE should be complaining by now.

Tablets aren't exactly innovative as far as being on a console. And if they were, WiiU by this time should be selling like crack.

Go get an iPad.

#30 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

The PS4, while clearly more powerful than the Xbox One, is still just the same old playstation. Graphics get slightly better, but all the games are exactly the same. At least Sony was smart enough to put a display on their controller, but like the Dreamcast, it is too small to be used for anything interesting.

A display .... on the PS4 controller?

Is that an innocent mistake ... you mean 'touchpad' ?

#31 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5138 posts) -

#32 Posted by g0ddyX (3885 posts) -

Innovative to kids and kids only.

#33 Posted by hiphops_savior (7791 posts) -

All that matters is results, and so far, the PS4 just a prettier version of the PS3. Xbox One has technology that people are just not ready for yet.

The worst of Wii U's drought is over, and the games that are coming out now more than justifies a purchase.

At the end of the day, no matter the innovations, the new graphics, or all that jazz, all that matters to the paying customer is the experience.

#34 Posted by Wasdie (49540 posts) -

Don't have to be innovative to be good. We don't play innovation, we play video games. The Xbox One and PS4 give developers more tools to add new, innovative features and gameplay mechanics to their game. They give them far more power and a bunch of control options to expand their titles.

Microsoft and Sony also allow self publishing which eliminates massive amounts of costs and allows the more innovative risk taking indie developers to get their games on the consoles.

Basically "innovation" is 100% BS in the console race. It's all about the games. The Wii didn't once provide a better game experience because of its controller. Hell most games had to catch up with their traditional controlling counterparts on the other platforms.

#35 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

Who cares about innovation if it is something nobody wants which is evident by the lack of sells/interest.

MS designed the first Tablet... it was not until Apple made the iPad did it sell. Sells mean nothing compared to innovation.

#36 Posted by hiphops_savior (7791 posts) -

@Wasdie: Nintendo was the one who trailblazed self-publishing for indies, so give credit to where credit is due.

All that matters is results, and I find Wii games delivering far more innovative experiences than any PS3 games ever did.

Where do you think innovation should go is 100 percent subjective, and if you enjoy the cinematic direction, then the PS4 is the way to go. If you prefer good ol' solid mechanics, go with Nintendo. I know where my stakes are, do you?

#37 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

@monsterpuncher said:

LOL. Anyone older than like 8 years old knows that Nintendo originally hired Sony to create a CD attachment for the SNES. The first video game console to utilize CDROM tech was the PCEngine/TG16. Sony and Sega quickly copied it.

The N64 was the first console to offer a rumble pack in its controllers since April of 1997. The DualShock controller did not come out until November of 1997.

Nintendo games are copied ALL THE TIME! Every platformer copies gameplay from Super Mario Bors, and every rpg since Zelda has done the same.

Cows are delusional...

Sony Playstation was the combination of the failed SNES Add-on and the CD-I, which got them into CD consoles in the first place.

N64 was not the first to feature force feedpack on a "controller"

To say every platformer copies SMB is pure delusion. Zelda is not an Rpg, and it's also even more of a delusion.

The industry(U.S. only) was revitalized before the NES came out in the U.S. in 1986 with article of the SMS and the 7800 selling just as much until 1988 where the gen was technically over depending on who you want to believe.

You are as Delusional as cows.

#38 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

Also on topic, how is a tablet innovative? Innovation also does not mean everything, the N-gage was innovative and it failed (and Sony trying the same thing managed to last a tiny bit longer at least in NA before it failed.)

#39 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149985 posts) -

@jimmypsn said:

Microsoft is the most innovative company out there in the gaming space. Even Nintendo and Sony are trying to copy MS cloud technology but they cannot replicate it because they don't have the funds. Sony is gonna go under and Nintendo is at least doing better.

No....just no.

#40 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149985 posts) -

Sony Playstation was the combination of the failed SNES Add-on and the CD-I, which got them into CD consoles in the first place.

To say every platformer copies SMB is pure delusion. Zelda is not an Rpg, and it's also even more of a delusion.

The industry(U.S. only) was revitalized before the NES came out in the U.S. in 1986 with article of the SMS and the 7800 selling just as much until 1988 where the gen was technically over depending on who you want to believe.

Woah...it wasn't a failed add-on. Nintendo screwed them over....so Sony decided to make their own console....which kind of eroded Nintendo's market share.

#41 Posted by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

3DS>Wii U

#42 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

@Thecongregation said:

Woah...it wasn't a failed add-on. Nintendo screwed them over....so Sony decided to make their own console....which kind of eroded Nintendo's market share.

Which it was a failed CD add-on. Doesn't matter if they screwed them over or not, it failed to release. They failed to have a negotiation. So Sony took their Consoles CD knowledge from their CD-I consoles, made it CD-Rom disc format instead of green book, and focused on 3d processing that the Jaguar, but more theatenly the 3DO had.

#43 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -
#44 Posted by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -
#45 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149985 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Thecongregation said:

Which it was a failed CD add-on. Doesn't matter if they screwed them over or not, it failed to release. They failed to have a negotiation. So Sony took their Consoles CD knowledge from their CD-I consoles, made it CD-Rom disc format instead of green book, and focused on 3d processing that the Jaguar, but more theatenly the 3DO had.

Nope. It's not failed if it's released as the Playstation....which was very successful.

#46 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

@Thecongregation said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Thecongregation said:

Nope. It's not failed if it's released as the Playstation....which was very successful.

You're telling me that they did not fail to negotiate and to release the SNES-Cd and that is very dumb considering that's exactly what I said so yes it did.

the SNES-CD did not become the Playstation, the Playstation was made with similar ideas and parts fro their experience with their Intelligent Discman Cd-I consoles, which the playstation was going to use Greenbook but they switched to CD-Rom and ADDED 3D rendering techniques that the SNES-CD protoypes did not have.

The playstation was its own stand alone thing.

#47 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

@Thecongregation said:

@charizard1605 said:

3DS>Wii U

Wii U>2DS

2DS has better games and is cheaper

The 2DS has no 3D games, making it another glorified DS with all the games having Jags on all the models and backgrounds and it is not portable.

The Wii U gamepad can go with you whereever you are in your house, so it's portable. It also has games that are not stripped down 3D and the graphics are smooth.

#48 Edited by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

@jimmypsn said:

And M$ copying Onlive

#49 Edited by hiphops_savior (7791 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: That's an argument for a whole 'nother topic. On that note, Square was still willing to stay with Nintendo if they allowed them to use custom cartridges. Yamauchi-san refused and FF7 was released on the PS1. The rest is history.

#50 Edited by cainetao11 (16472 posts) -

@farrell2k said:
@monsterpuncher said:

Cows are delusional...

Credit where credit is due.Nintendo DID do rumble first between them and Sony, TGX16 did cdrom first. My god, Sony lovers just lie to themselves and the rest of us. I love the great experiences Sony PS has given me over the years as well as Xbox and my limited Nintendo gaming, but I will not praise these companies as if they are doing god's work.