Oh man, the continuous domination...

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] I was. Then you gave up.vashkey

> implaying I was ever serious in the first place

You were, till everyone started talking **** about your favorite game and you couldn't take it any more...

B-b-but I thought you were done with this thread?? Why are you wasting your time with "second class"? Did I ruffle your jimmies?

In the middle of a league match and I don't want to get reported. I'll be back later :twisted:

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Sony releases sequels in such short time, People start losing interest. Nintendo spaces 3D Mario, Zelda, Smash, and Metroid. It's been a whole generation since we've had Star Fox and Fzero. Same with Pikmin and Donkey Kong... Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, and Insomniac games got released almost every year, now that's milking.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

So does that mean i should throw my ps3 exclusives for the this year out of the window then ( Tales of Graces, starhawk, etc)? i mean the mighty GS didnt pick anything i guess i should huh?.. bye games! :(

finalstar2007

May as well. All you play is COD anyway

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 whiskeystrike

Mmm so many different people responding. Really hit em hard this go round

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Guess so. None of them were among the best PS3 game :3CLOUDsea

It's hilarious that Tales got docked for being too difficult. I guess if it had autobattle (ala FF13) and a 25 hour tutorial it would have been simplified enough for GS' reviewers

FFXIII is more difficult than Xillia.

As someone who has played 4 chapters of FF13 (MS really ruined it) I can safely say it's not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Even on the Ps1 and Ps2... Crash, Spyro, Twisted Metal, Syphon, and Jet moto almosy yearly. Then they released so many sequels of Jak, Sly, and Ratchet in short time. They need to result into new Ip's because people got uninterested.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#57 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Sony releases sequels in such short time, People start losing interest. Nintendo spaces 3D Mario, Zelda, Smash, and Metroid. It's been a whole generation since we've had Star Fox and Fzero. Same with Pikmin and Donkey Kong... Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, and Insomniac games got released almost every year, now that's milking.

Samus3D
I don't think spacing out releases is really an acceptable reason these day what with so many annual franchises there are now. It comes down to know your audiance... Thank and honestly I feel Sony properties usually don't resonate as well. They don't have anything on level with Pokemon or Mario. Heck even agaisnt Microsoft they don't have much to match Halo and Gears. Gran Turismo... God of War, maybe. Uncharted was pretty much there but without Naughty Dog?
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

Oh dear.

Quick Sony! Announce the PS4!

psymon100

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

whiskeystrike
I bought Tales of Graces f today. Been craving a good JRPG. Hopefully this does the job.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

vashkey
I don't think spacing out releases is really an acceptable reason these day what with so many annual franchises there are now. It comes down to know your audiance... Thank and honestly I feel Sony properties usually don't resonate as well. They don't have anything on level with Pokemon or Mario. Heck even agaisnt Microsoft they don't have much to match Halo and Gears. Gran Turismo... God of War, maybe. Uncharted was pretty much there but without Naughty Dog?

3D Mario games usually come once every generation. Miyamoto said he's done with 2D Mario until the Wii U successor. Zelda comes out every 4 to 6. Smash comes once every generation, etc.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

RyanShazam

I bought Tales of Graces f today. Been craving a good JRPG. Hopefully this does the job.

It won't. You play as an 11 year old for 4 hours, dealing with girl and daddy issues. Overall a meh cast of characters and a cliched overdone story based on the power of friendship.

Really good battle system though, which is saying something since they've recycled the same battle system since Phantasia (aside from moving it to a 3D plane). Vesperia is a much better game though. If you really want a good classic JRPG I would check out Radiant Historia on the DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Franchises such as Ratchet, Resistance, Socom, and Wipeout are now dead. Sly cooper, Infamous, and Killzone are about to join the pile.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 vashkey
[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Samus3D"]

Samus3D

3D Mario games usually come once every generation. Miyamoto said he's done with 2D Mario until the Wii U successor. Zelda comes out every 4 to 6. Smash comes once every generation, etc.

Nintendo knows their audience. But I feel Zelda, Super Smash Brothers and Mario could all work on an annual basis if they did it right. Not saying they should but they could.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 whiskeystrike

someone is trying really hard to be a cow here.TheGuardian03

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt HYPE's image.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 RyanShazam

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

It won't. You play as an 11 year old for 4 hours, dealing with girl and daddy issues. Overall a meh cast of characters and a cliched overdone story based on the power of friendship.

Really good battle system though, which is saying something since they've recycled the same battle system since Phantasia (aside from moving it to a 3D plane). Vesperia is a much better game though. If you really want a good classic JRPG I would check out Radiant Historia on the DS

Damn that's upsetting lol I should have bought Vesperia then. Well I got it used so I can play it for a week and trade it in. Any good PS3/360 ones you would recommend? I played Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean The last Hope, Final Fantasy 13.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]I bought Tales of Graces f today. Been craving a good JRPG. Hopefully this does the job.RyanShazam

Damn that's upsetting lol I should have bought Vesperia then. Well I got it used so I can play it for a week and trade it in. Any good PS3/360 ones you would recommend? I played Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean The last Hope, Final Fantasy 13.

The battle system might win you over as it's really, really good but the theme of friendship annoys me and is prevalent throughout the game. Vesperia is my personal JRPG of the gen. If you have a 3DS there is also Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Tales of the Abyss (port of the PS2 game, best story of the series), Kingdom Hearts 3D and the upcoming Fire Emblem. I haven't played Xenoblade and The Last Story but I'm very interested in them so I would check those out (Xenoblade is supposed to be a lot similar to FF12 which is one of my all time favorite games).

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

As someone who has played 4 chapters of FF13 (MS really ruined it) I can safely say it's not.

whiskeystrike

Thats one of the dumbest things i've read in a while :O

I hope you're messing about.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]someone is trying really hard to be a cow here.TheGuardian03

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt HYPE's image.

don't care about hype, but i know when someone is being a fakeboy.

No, pretty sure I've been identifying as a cow since I've been posting here.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RyanShazam

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

The battle system might win you over as it's really, really good but the theme of friendship annoys me and is prevalent throughout the game. Vesperia is my personal JRPG of the gen. If you have a 3DS there is also Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Tales of the Abyss (port of the PS2 game, best story of the series), Kingdom Hearts 3D and the upcoming Fire Emblem. I haven't played Xenoblade and The Last Story but I'm very interested in them so I would check those out (Xenoblade is supposed to be a lot similar to FF12 which is one of my all time favorite games).

I have a 3DS and bought Shin Megami. I couldn't get I to it. Kingdom Hearts 3DS was excellent. I love KH. I'm gonna give Tales of Abyss a try next. So far I like the battle system. Reminds me of the Star Ocean series. When it comes to the story it doesn't take to much to impress me. I've liked the Gears of War stories and even Call of Duty stories. As long as the character and story aren't dull and boring like Vanquish I should be fine. Sounds like some of the characters are dull though lol
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

someone is trying really hard to be a cow here.TheGuardian03

Who?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] don't care about hype, but i know when someone is being a fakeboy.TheGuardian03

No, pretty sure I've been identifying as a cow since I've been posting here.

you've been a cow too much today, bad boy.

Well unlike some posters around here I actually have a PS3. :roll:

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Damn that's upsetting lol I should have bought Vesperia then. Well I got it used so I can play it for a week and trade it in. Any good PS3/360 ones you would recommend? I played Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean The last Hope, Final Fantasy 13. RyanShazam

I have a 3DS and bought Shin Megami. I couldn't get I to it. Kingdom Hearts 3DS was excellent. I love KH. I'm gonna give Tales of Abyss a try next. So far I like the battle system. Reminds me of the Star Ocean series. When it comes to the story it doesn't take to much to impress me. I've liked the Gears of War stories and even Call of Duty stories. As long as the character and story aren't dull and boring like Vanquish I should be fine. Sounds like some of the characters are dull though lol

Mostly Sophie. Like 95% Sophie.

Yuri Lowell in Vesperia is one of the genre's greatest protagonists.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#78 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

PS3 has exclusives just seems like GS is biased against it sometimes.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 vashkey
I have a PS3, 360, PC and 3DS...
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 whiskeystrike

I have a PS3, 360, PC and 3DS...vashkey

And you bought it for MGS4.

How dumb do you feel right now

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 whiskeystrike

HaloPimp978

Pretty much this thread in a nutshell.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Not surprising. Was a down year exclusive wise

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 vashkey

HaloPimp978

Or biased against everyone sometimes.... Or not biased, really.

Gamespot has given bad and good scores to all the console manufacturer's games. Sony just had a bad year, it's not reviewers' fault.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 vashkey

[QUOTE="vashkey"]I have a PS3, 360, PC and 3DS...whiskeystrike

MGS4 was an excellent game. Best game on the PS3 I've played thus far. It's the rest of the library that doesn't hold up. In that regard I wish I didn't buy a PS3.

Uncharted wasn't half as good as it was made out to be, Resistence and Killzone were dull and I've never been into Ratchet or God of War. Still have some games I wanna try when they go down in price though. And maybe The Last Guardian will come out some day.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#85 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

HaloPimp978

So biased that they gave two PS3 exclusives GOTY wins.

Logical, yo.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"]I have a PS3, 360, PC and 3DS...vashkey

MGS4 was an excellent game. Best game on the PS3 I've played thus far. It's the rest of the library that doesn't hold up. In that regard I wish I didn't buy a PS3.

Uncharted wasn't half as good as it was made out to be, Resistence and Killzone were dull and I've never been into Ratchet or God of War. Still have some games I wanna try when they go down in price though. And maybe The Last Guardian will come out some day.

I wasn't too keen on MGS4... and this is coming from a guy who gave MGS1 and MGS3 a 10. Nanomachines just weren't my thing. Resistance and Killzone are as far as shooters go but not system keepers. Valkryia Chronicles and Demon's Souls were much better. LBP was boring, never played a Ratchet game, God of War is a fun romp but nothing more and Uncharted is as enjoyable and memorable as a AAA summer blockbuster movie (which it pretty much is).

I think I had more fun with Flower than any 90% of the platform's games. If it weren't for PS1 classics and PS2 collections I would probably have sold my PS3 and just bought another PS2 by now... hope Tales of Xilia and Last of Us follows through though.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

PS3 is the only platform without an exclusive in it's platform nominees. Domination indeed.

vashkey

TC, go easy on the cows. They're busy scouring metacritic for hours and hours to decide which metacritic scores to cherrypick compare for their next "domination" sigs.

rofl.

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

[QUOTE="CLOUDsea"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

It's hilarious that Tales got docked for being too difficult. I guess if it had autobattle (ala FF13) and a 25 hour tutorial it would have been simplified enough for GS' reviewers

whiskeystrike

FFXIII is more difficult than Xillia.

4 chapters of FFXIII? That's it? Lol. The 1st two chapters of FFXIII aren't even the actual game. I happen to have beat both games, Xillia on hard. FFXIII was more challenging than Xillia on hard. About to go back for Very Hard next time.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

poor cows. :(

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Well we can't have industry breaking games every year like MGS4, Valkryia Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls and more. Sony has set the bar so high for themselves.

2013 can make up for all systems next year though lol. Like the udder failure that the Wii U is :lol:

whiskeystrike

Sony developed MGSIV?

Sony developed Valkyria Chronicles?

Sony developed Uncharted 2?

Sony did lend a hand in the development of Demon's Souls.... 1/4 isn't bad?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 whiskeystrike

Still getting responses/10

MozartXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MozartXVI
Member since 2011 • 319 Posts

I wonder how long before Sony goes belly up. They might just release the PS4, scam some launch sales off customers to cut its losses, and then declare bankruptcy and screw over its fanbase.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Well we can't have industry breaking games every year like MGS4, Valkryia Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls and more. Sony has set the bar so high for themselves.

2013 can make up for all systems next year though lol. Like the udder failure that the Wii U is :lol:

moistsandwich

Sony developed MGSIV?

Sony developed Valkyria Chronicles?

Sony developed Uncharted 2?

Sony did lend a hand in the development of Demon's Souls.... 1/4 isn't bad?

Yeah I went to public school in America, so with No Child Left Behind I'm practically passing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Not surprising. Was a down year exclusive wise

Chutebox
Nintendo had Xenoblade (best JRPG this gen) and NSMBU (best 2D Mario game)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

My question is what IP's are they going with the PS4? Another Uncharted? Killzone 4? More God of War? Little Big Planet 3? Infamous 3? It's just, I don't know.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#96 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
tbh, this year has been pretty weak for the PS3 but Im not complaining. Plenty of great games to play and the next generation is just around the corner. Not to mention you have GOW:A in March and then TLOU in May.
CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

I wonder how many JRPGs will be made for PS4 outside of Final Fantasy and Tales. Perhaps nothing?

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

This thread brings back memories :(

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I wonder how many JRPGs will be made for PS4 outside of Final Fantasy and Tales. Perhaps nothing?

CLOUDsea

That's a bleak thought. Well, unless some other console is gonna pick up some slack. Or hey, PC!:P

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="CLOUDsea"]

santoron

That's a bleak thought. Well, unless some other console is gonna pick up some slack. Or hey, PC!:P

If PC started picking up some heavy hitter JRPGs I don't think I would want any other system... it's like the one glaring weakness of PC gaming. The two YS titles from this year were pretty good but they're far from the epic JRPGs the platform deserves.