Oh man, the continuous domination...

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

PS3 is the only platform without an exclusive in it's platform nominees. Domination indeed.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -
SDC
#3 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -
SDCMonsieurX
#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

So does that mean i should throw my ps3 exclusives for the this year out of the window then ( Tales of Graces, starhawk, etc)? i mean the mighty GS didnt pick anything i guess i should huh?.. bye games! :(

#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8141 posts) -

Lems, Sheep, and Herms be jelly :cool:

RIP ispeakfact.

#6 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

So does that mean i should throw my ps3 exclusives for the this year out of the window then ( Tales of Graces, starhawk, etc)? i mean the mighty GS didnt pick anything i guess i should huh?.. bye games! :(

finalstar2007
Guess so. None of them were among the best PS3 game :3
#7 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Well we can't have industry breaking games every year like MGS4, Valkryia Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls and more. Sony has set the bar so high for themselves.

2013 can make up for all systems next year though lol. Like the udder failure that the Wii U is :lol:

#8 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

vashkey

It's hilarious that Tales got docked for being too difficult. I guess if it had autobattle (ala FF13) and a 25 hour tutorial it would have been simplified enough for GS' reviewers

#9 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Oh dear.

Quick Sony! Announce the PS4!

#10 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

whiskeystrike

It's hilarious that Tales got docked for being too difficult. I guess if it had autobattle (ala FF13) and a 25 hour tutorial it would have been simplified enough for GS' reviewers

Tales is Tales. It's bad regardless.
#11 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Guess so. None of them were among the best PS3 game :3funsohng

The only thing is bad is your backlog. The sign of a casual gamer. You should probably just start posting on OT and argue about religion and politics.

#12 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

whiskeystrike

Yeah, I bet that's the only reason it's not a AAA across the board :roll:

#13 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

The only thing is bad is your backlog. The sign of a casual gamer. You should probably just start posting on OT and argue about religion and politics.

Western politics are far too lame I do that in Korean sites. We are fighting off two dictators, after all. No p*ssy sh*ts like what OT whines about.
#14 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

I remember when this happened to the 360 and Cows never let 360 fans hear the end of it...

Funny how quickly the tables turn.

#15 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

Well we can't have industry breaking games every year like MGS4, Valkryia Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls and more. Sony has set the bar so high for themselves.

2013 can make up for all systems next year though lol. Like the udder failure that the Wii U is :lol:

whiskeystrike
Sony's 2013 was bad by all standards, don't kid yourself. Like Microsoft's 2009.
#16 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

vashkey

Sony's 2013 was bad by all standards, don't kid yourself. Like Microsoft's 2009.

More like bad for Sony, average for Microsoft

#17 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

whiskeystrike

Having played and beat Symphonia and Vesperia I really wouldn't say that Tales is any more hardcore than CoD. Not saying it's for everyone but it certainly isn't especially deep, challenging or requiring any sort of high level of skill.
#18 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Guess so. None of them were among the best PS3 game :3vashkey

some just can't handle the truth

#19 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

More like bad for Sony, average for Microsoft

No, just bad by all standards.
#20 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

finalstar2007
Yes. Trade in Black Ops 2 as well since it didn't get nominated for best FPS. :lol:
#21 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] Tales is Tales. It's bad regardless.vashkey

Having played and beat Symphonia and Vesperia I really wouldn't say that Tales is any more hardcore than CoD. Not saying it's for everyone but it certainly isn't especially deep, challenging or requiring any sort of high level of skill.

I never said anything about CoD but okay. And yes it requires lots of strategy, fast reflexes, good math skills and finesse with a controller. You also have to think long and hard about the stories.

#22 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

[QUOTE="vashkey"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

Rofl at the idea that broad generalization of scores of reviews being off for one half assed made up reason is "truth". Try harder, please.
#23 Posted by MSXBOX4EVER (550 posts) -

whiskeystrike

a 2008 game.A 2008 game. A 2009 game. A 2009 game. This is what you bring to the table to defend sony having no goty nominations?

no wonder they ain't even nominated for goty when you resort to ammunition this ancient. obviously you're a smart guy, so you'd put your best foot forward and have named their best games. Well, you should've discovered you actually left your shoes in 2009. don't go showing me shoes you were wearing in 2009 and try to tell me that they're good shoes. the thread is about how the nothing 'shoes' in 2012, sony has to wear this in SW, sony doesn't even have shoes.

picking on the wii u? just 'cause it doesn't have any golden era games from 2008/2009 that's no reason to hate on it.

seriously man just deal with it like how i had to when mass effect 1 lost it's exclusivity. don't try to claim ownage when sony is at such an incredible low. just apply this -

0036210333306_500X500.jpg

#24 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

whiskeystrike

I never said anything about CoD but okay. And yes it requires lots of strategy, fast reflexes, good math skills and finesse with a controller. You also have to think long and hard about the stories.

That's a good one. No really, I can't stop laughing.

The only thing a Tales game needs is a lot of patience because they drag on. Playing Tales is almost as easy as playing Kingdom Hearts. Most of the time it takes no strategy beyond hit the buy until he dies and heal when health is low.

And the plots aren't thought provoking at all. They're as generic as they come for jrpgs and the characters fit perfectly in the typical cookie cutters

#25 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

whiskeystrike

lol tales stories save the worlds, friends, all that animu cliche. brb, gonna go and enjoy the true game with something to actually think about, Hotline Miami.
#26 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

MSXBOX4EVER

a 2008 game.A 2008 game. A 2009 game. A 2009 game. This is what you bring to the table to defend sony having no goty nominations?

no wonder they ain't even nominated for goty when you resort to ammunition this ancient. obviously you're a smart guy, so you'd put your best foot forward and have named their best games. Well, you should've discovered you actually left your shoes in 2009. don't go showing me shoes you were wearing in 2009 and try to tell me that they're good shoes. the thread is about how the nothing 'shoes' in 2012, sony has to wear this in SW, sony doesn't even have shoes.

picking on the wii u? just 'cause it doesn't have any golden era games from 2008/2009 that's no reason to hate on it.

seriously man just deal with it like how i had to when mass effect 1 lost it's exclusivity. don't try to claim ownage when sony is at such an incredible low. just apply this -

I just had to name the most well known ones, otherwise a pleb like you wouldn't understand the masterpieces of hyperdimension neptunia, atelier series and mugen souls.

#27 Posted by mynamesdenvrmax (2211 posts) -

Sony did an excellent job this year of not letting anyone know of its exclusives. I cant name one outside of that stinker Sony Smash Bros or whatever its called.

#28 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Having played and beat Symphonia and Vesperia I really wouldn't say that Tales is any more hardcore than CoD. Not saying it's for everyone but it certainly isn't especially deep, challenging or requiring any sort of high level of skill. funsohng

lol tales stories save the worlds, friends, all that animu cliche. brb, gonna go and enjoy the true game with something to actually think about, Hotline Miami.

generic boring game with an obvious ripoff theme from vice city (worst GTA ever)

#29 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -
Tales games are the plot equivalent of modern Adam Sandler movies. They know what they're stupid audience want and they deliver nothing more. Practically a parody of the genre's classics.
#30 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Having played and beat Symphonia and Vesperia I really wouldn't say that Tales is any more hardcore than CoD. Not saying it's for everyone but it certainly isn't especially deep, challenging or requiring any sort of high level of skill. vashkey

The only thing a Tales game needs is a lot of patience because they drag on. Playing Tales is almost as easy as playing Kingdom Hearts. Most of the time it takes no strategy beyond hit the buy until he dies and heal when health is low.

And the plots aren't thought provoking at all. They're as generic as they come for jrpgs and the characters fit perfectly in the typical cookie cutters

Kingdom Hearts is probably the worst series you could have ever thought of. Seriously. Like when comparing casual shooters BF vs CoD, you might as well have brought up Arma as hardcore. ROFL

#31 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Yeah, I bet that's the only reason it's not a AAA across the board :roll:

vashkey

Rofl at the idea that broad generalization of scores of reviews being off for one half assed made up reason is "truth". Try harder, please.

Oh believe me. typing out some responses to you is hardly trying. making these way too easy you stupid fangirl

#32 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

[QUOTE="vashkey"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

Kingdom Hearts is probably the worst series you could have ever thought of. Seriously. Like when comparing casual shooters BF vs CoD, you might as well have brought up Arma as hardcore. ROFL

No, it's appropriate becuase neither game really require much strategy. I wasn't comparing them mechanically.
#33 Posted by mems_1224 (47241 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]SDCfunsohng

#34 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Tales games are the plot equivalent of modern Adam Sandler movies. They know what they're stupid audience want and they deliver nothing more. Practically a parody of the genre's classics.vashkey

No more like, McDonalds, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Nicki Minaj and Michael Bay. Pretty much the de facto geniuses in their respective fields

#35 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

whiskeystrike

Oh believe me. typing out some responses to you is hardly trying. making these way too easy you stupid fangirl

I like how you're not actually debating and just arguing for the sake of arguing.
#36 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"]

vashkey

No, it's appropriate becuase neither game really require much strategy. I wasn't comparing them mechanically.

Ahahahaha. Dude do you even lift? Stop wasting my time. Next fighter plz

#37 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

whiskeystrike

generic boring game with an obvious ripoff theme from vice city (worst GTA ever)

Says the guy who likes the series that is basically a generic animu poop milked to oblivion
#38 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

[QUOTE="vashkey"]Tales games are the plot equivalent of modern Adam Sandler movies. They know what they're stupid audience want and they deliver nothing more. Practically a parody of the genre's classics.whiskeystrike

No more like, McDonalds, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Nicki Minaj and Michael Bay. Pretty much the de facto geniuses in their respective fields

Wow, you're comparing Tales to McDonalds? Thanks for doing my job for me.
#39 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Rofl at the idea that broad generalization of scores of reviews being off for one half assed made up reason is "truth". Try harder, please.vashkey

I like how you're not actually debating and just arguing for the sake of arguing.

As if you're doing anything different. Go play something nitwit. You should have plenty since you game on the 360 amirite? :roll:

#40 Posted by Snugenz (11891 posts) -

whiskeystrike

You go girl!, flex those imaginary internet muscles !!. Awww yeaaah.

#41 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

whiskeystrike

As if you're doing anything different. Go play something nitwit. You should have plenty since you game on the 360 amirite? :roll:

I was. Then you gave up.
#42 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

I'm done with this thread. People dissing the PS3 are second class citizens

#43 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] I like how you're not actually debating and just arguing for the sake of arguing.vashkey

I was. Then you gave up.

> implaying I was ever serious in the first place

#44 Posted by CLOUDsea (1085 posts) -

whiskeystrike

FFXIII is more difficult than Xillia.

#45 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -
Don't let the door hit your dumb ass on the way out! :)
#46 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Snugenz

Oh you really don't want to know

#47 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Twisted Metal
Starhawk
LBP Karting
Playstation All Stars

What's funny is, unlike Nintendo exclusives, Playstation exclusives lose value in short time. PS all stars is already $40... Brawl stayed at full price for years and continued to sell million of units. Same with LBP karting and Uncharted 3... Both went down to 40 after a couple weeks/ months.

#48 Posted by Snugenz (11891 posts) -

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

Oh you really don't want to know

Or do i...:twisted:

#49 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -

whiskeystrike

I was. Then you gave up.

> implaying I was ever serious in the first place

You were, till everyone started talking **** about your favorite game and you couldn't take it any more...

B-b-but I thought you were done with this thread?? Why are you wasting your time with "second class"? Did I ruffle your jimmies?

#50 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

whiskeystrike
According to Cows, all of PS3's exclusives are industry breaking games. The way the moo moo charlie sheens tell it, theyve been having the time of their lives with Twisted Metal and Starhawk. Cows......notevenonce :( Cows gonna cow :lol: