OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING - Metro Redux leaked

#1 Posted by Blabadon (25629 posts) -

"First surfacing on Everyeye.it, the below images suggest a reworked version titled Metro Redux will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC from July"

"Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light could soon be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, if a leaked retail listing is to be believed."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/31/metro-2033-and-metro-last-light-possibly-hitting-ps4-and-xbox-one

This trend... it's happening...

#2 Edited by jg4xchamp (46986 posts) -

Already played Last Light properly(sans ranger mode, because that was DLC, douche move) on PC last year. Game was solid. Visually impressive shit, that lighting engine is dope.

#3 Edited by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -

OH GOD.. LMAO calling god for something only a handful of people care about.

lets not hype this the 2nd coming ok TC we saw what happend with titanfall saleswise

oh wait the trend...

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -

I guess this was bound to happen when 7th gen lasted so long that multiplatforms like this just looked beyond awful on the super dated hardware.

#5 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Never played 2033 so this could be a buy on the cards. Currently playing through Last Light via PS+ so technically not really bought it. If there's significant improvements like these next gen ports suggest then I'll definitely consider it, especially as it's a pack and not just a standalone game.

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

Still waiting for LL to hit 10$ to play it

#7 Posted by madskills6117 (4021 posts) -

I enjoyed both games so if true i'd consider picking it up for ps4 or xbox one.

#8 Posted by NFJSupreme (5118 posts) -

Playing LL right now. Fun game. Looks great on pc

#9 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

lglz man your STILL butthurt about titanfall goddamn, this thread isn't about that badass game you can't play on PS4

I never finished 2033 , this would be a buy for me

#10 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

I wouldn't mind too much (as I never played either Metro) but yeah, I can see how this trend has it's ups and downs...

#11 Posted by Heil68 (43178 posts) -

Got LL free on PSN, thanks to SONY. Will play it soon.

#12 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

I guess this was bound to happen when 7th gen lasted so long that multiplatforms like this just looked beyond awful on the super dated hardware.

No man they were far from awful. Last Light actually looked quite nice on consoles.

Having already played these games I wouldn't buy them again for better graphics. What I do want to see is Stalker and Crysis series on next gen as I never got to play them before.

#13 Posted by coasterguy65 (5826 posts) -

Sony's successful foray into HD remakes last gen made this kind of crap all but inevitable.

#14 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

I've finished both but no longer own any of them so - if properly priced - I could give them a shot again, especially 2033 since I finished it upon its release.

#15 Posted by getyeryayasout (7032 posts) -

The entire industry is turning into George Lucas.

#16 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

Sony's successful foray into HD remakes last gen made this kind of crap all but inevitable.

Why is it crap? As long as they are priced right HD re-releases are good as they give people like me an opportunity to play games that I had missed before.

#17 Edited by coasterguy65 (5826 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@coasterguy65 said:

Why is it crap? As long as they are priced right HD re-releases are good as they give people like me an opportunity to play games that I had missed before.

It's crap because you get games that were released a year ago like Metro Last Light, and Tomb Raider being "upgraded" with slightly better visuals and then sold for $60.

#18 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@coasterguy65 said:

It's crap because you get games that were released a year ago like Metro Last Light, and Tomb Raider being "upgraded" with slightly better visuals and then sold for $60.

Yeah full price is BS but Sony never released HD remakes for $60.

#19 Posted by coasterguy65 (5826 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@coasterguy65 said:

@Harisemo said:

@coasterguy65 said:

Yeah full price is BS but Sony never released HD remakes for $60.

I never said they did. I said because of Sony's success in making HD remakes this crap was inevitable....stuff like Tomb Raider, and this rumored Metro remake.

#20 Posted by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@_Matt_ said:

No man they were far from awful. Last Light actually looked quite nice on consoles.

Having already played these games I wouldn't buy them again for better graphics. What I do want to see is Stalker and Crysis series on next gen as I never got to play them before.

Compared to the pc versions LL looked hideous.

#21 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

I welcome another Metro game, its the closest thing to Resistance and i loved Resistance.

Got Metro Last Light last month from PSN+ and I enjoyed it tho the story was weird and throw away to be honest.

#22 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

I wasn't bothered with PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games on PS3/Wii/360. Not too bothered with all these last gen ports (aka "Ultimate Editions!") coming to PS4/WiiU/Xbone.

Next gen consoles need more actual next gen games. No, not you Thief!

#23 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3620 posts) -

Only played Last Light, never touched 2033. Will cop if the price is right. Is the DLC included?

#24 Posted by murray69murray (126 posts) -

Already played and finished both on PC.

#25 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@Harisemo said:

@_Matt_ said:

Compared to the pc versions LL looked hideous.

Obviously they don't look as good as PC but the difference is not so much that console versions look hideous. Check Last Light's Digital Foundry comparison videos and images.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (38653 posts) -

I wonder what they're gonna charge for this.

#27 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

I think it's basically confirmed now

A short letter to the Metro fans - past; present; and future...

Metro Redux. You may have heard of it... even though you probably shouldn't have!

We could issue a 'We do not comment on rumour and speculation' statement and pretend this never happened. They're pretty boring to read. They're also pretty boring to write.

So we're going to comment on rumour and speculation instead.

Is Metro Redux real?

Yes. We never made any secret of 4A's desire to bring Metro to the latest generation of console hardware.

But what you saw leaked was taken from an old, internal planning presentation, containing some nuggets of truth but a lot of hypothetical ideas and place holder material.

(Eagle eyed fans will recognize the artwork on the 'packshot' as the art from the original Russian edition of the Metro 2033 novel. And that 'logo' is just the old Metro 2033 logo with the '2033' scrubbed out and 'Redux' added... )

As you can see, we're not quite ready to reveal 4A Games' first next-gen console project, but we will be making an announcement this side of E3.

And we think the reality is a lot more exciting than the out-dated material that got leaked shows, and we're itching to share it with you. Just not yet.

:)

#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8834 posts) -

I think it's basically confirmed now

A short letter to the Metro fans - past; present; and future...

Metro Redux. You may have heard of it... even though you probably shouldn't have!

We could issue a 'We do not comment on rumour and speculation' statement and pretend this never happened. They're pretty boring to read. They're also pretty boring to write.

So we're going to comment on rumour and speculation instead.

Is Metro Redux real?

Yes. We never made any secret of 4A's desire to bring Metro to the latest generation of console hardware.

But what you saw leaked was taken from an old, internal planning presentation, containing some nuggets of truth but a lot of hypothetical ideas and place holder material.

(Eagle eyed fans will recognize the artwork on the 'packshot' as the art from the original Russian edition of the Metro 2033 novel. And that 'logo' is just the old Metro 2033 logo with the '2033' scrubbed out and 'Redux' added... )

As you can see, we're not quite ready to reveal 4A Games' first next-gen console project, but we will be making an announcement this side of E3.

And we think the reality is a lot more exciting than the out-dated material that got leaked shows, and we're itching to share it with you. Just not yet.

:)

Most excellent.

#29 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

If it's 40 dollars for bundle with both games with all DLC and of course polished and gotten rid of bugs / glitches then I'd seriously consider buying it day one.

#30 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Thanks, Sonybama....

#31 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (2997 posts) -

Super HD remakes baby!

#32 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4413 posts) -

OH GOD nobody cares -_-

#33 Edited by nini200 (9453 posts) -

If it's 40 dollars for bundle with both games with all DLC and of course polished and gotten rid of bugs / glitches then I'd seriously consider buying it day one.

You forgot additional content, a sequel packed in, more characters, an entirely new side story, more weapons, a newly added world, more enemies, additional space battles, 4K compatible, 3D capable and with a $20 instant rebate. You want all that for $40, not just the stuff you mentioned.

#34 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

You forgot additional content, a sequel packed in, more characters, an entirely new side story, more weapons, a newly added world, more enemies, additional space battles, 4K compatible, 3D capable and with a $20 instant rebate. You want all that for $40, not just the stuff you mentioned.

Oh come on, give me a break. You know how this kind of thing on consoles tends to be ridiculously overpriced. However there were some expections, take a look at Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena which was basically 2 games in one, as it contained a HD makeover of the Butcher Bay.

#35 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@_Matt_ said:

get all 3 stalker games and Crysis 1 on PC. they are must play games.

i dont think stalker can work on console. it cant. it require too many keys.

#36 Posted by Ghost120x (3681 posts) -

Yes! I been holding out on LL for next gen versions. yay!

#37 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

On PS3 it was free noob. Become a gamer and stop whining.

#38 Posted by KBFloYd (12877 posts) -

so first tomb raider pc version..then flop of us pc version and now metro pc version...

cool.

#39 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

Well I gotta get Last Light soon!

#40 Edited by Ballroompirate (22198 posts) -

Do want, even though I have them on my PC (which is broken now) I don't mind double dipping for those Metro games, I loved the hell out of them.

#41 Posted by scatteh316 (4795 posts) -

Played it on PC maxed at 2560x1440 with full Nvidia PhysX...... So welcome to last year.

#42 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2675 posts) -

That is spectacular news, and merits and instant day 1 purchase from me.

#43 Posted by biggest_loser (24006 posts) -

Its a solid game. Nothing amazing but still fun.

#44 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

get all 3 stalker games and Crysis 1 on PC. they are must play games.

i dont think stalker can work on console. it cant. it require too many keys.

I already have Stalker SoC and Crysis 1 on steam but my laptop can't run them lol

#45 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@MonsieurX said:

On PS3 it was free noob. Become a gamer and stop whining.

"free"

Cows love renting their games

#46 Posted by Sollet (7298 posts) -

Same here.