Official TOMB RAIDER Hype Thread (8.5 @ GS, Final Hours ep.6)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1951 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Mitu123 has brought to light that anyone with the PC version should play in windowed mode. In fullscreen you don't get the full graphical features and the lens flares, bloom and water/blood effects on camera are removed. Only in windowed mode will you be able to see them. Examples:

seanmcloughlin

They better get that fixed by the time I get the game!

The PC version is marred with problems. Especially on Nvidia. the game crashes when using tessellation or the newest drivers, TressFX runs like total sh!t and now this. Such a shame

It's moments like this when I'm the most proud of my waiting policy for game purchases! :P

But really, sucks to hear about these issues, hope they get fixed soon. Nothing more frustrating than buying a full-priced game on release, and having to deal with a bunch of technical problems!

Oh, and I wouldn't hope for any big TressFX performance improvements, remember, it's made by AMD, and it heavily relies on compute features of the cards, and on that front, AMD blows Nvidia out the water!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1952 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Mitu123 has brought to light that anyone with the PC version should play in windowed mode. In fullscreen you don't get the full graphical features and the lens flares, bloom and water/blood effects on camera are removed. Only in windowed mode will you be able to see them. Examples:

wis3boi

They better get that fixed by the time I get the game!

i'm gonna stop playing thegame i think, for now, and start getting into farcry 3 and ME3 platinum co-op until they patch it up or get new drivers out

Yeah it's a bit of a mess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1953 deactivated-59b71619573a1

It's moments like this when I'm the most proud of my waiting policy for game purchases! :P

But really, sucks to hear about these issues, hope they get fixed soon. Nothing more frustrating than buying a full-priced game on release, and having to deal with a bunch of technical problems!

Rocker6

I wish I could contain myself and wait, but I;m a little impatient child in that regard :P

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1954 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

tombraider2013030800244.jpg

seanmcloughlin

What the hell is going on in that photo...it looks as if Lara's transforming into some other creature.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1955 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

Mitu123 has brought to light that anyone with the PC version should play in windowed mode. In fullscreen you don't get the full graphical features and the lens flares, bloom and water/blood effects on camera are removed. Only in windowed mode will you be able to see them. Examples:seanmcloughlin

I have a AMD card, I think it looks great in full screen. Do you loose those effects with AMD cards?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1956 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Goyoshi12

What the hell is going on in that photo...it looks as if Lara's transforming into some other creature.

She getting shot in da boobays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1957 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Mitu123 has brought to light that anyone with the PC version should play in windowed mode. In fullscreen you don't get the full graphical features and the lens flares, bloom and water/blood effects on camera are removed. Only in windowed mode will you be able to see them. Examples:Heil68

I have a AMD card, I think it looks great in full screen. Do you loose those effects with AMD cards?

Yep, it's the same on all cards. Game looks great before that but when you play with all the effects on it's far better, a lot more richness to the image. 

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1958 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Mitu123 has brought to light that anyone with the PC version should play in windowed mode. In fullscreen you don't get the full graphical features and the lens flares, bloom and water/blood effects on camera are removed. Only in windowed mode will you be able to see them. Examples:seanmcloughlin

Yep, it's the same on all cards. Game looks great before that but when you play with all the effects on it's far better, a lot more richness to the image. 

I'll try that tonight, thanks to you and mitu for the tip. I'm not sure how I feel about windowed mode though, I have a single 24" monitor.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1959 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

God that looks unnatural. Is that how the blood is supposed to react in the game? Just...shot out and swirl around the character?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1960 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

God that looks unnatural. Is that how the blood is supposed to react in the game? Just...shot out and swirl around the character?

Yep, same with enemies. The blood effects are pretty terrible honestly

I call them BLOODSPLOSIONS!!!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1961 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Yep, same with enemies. The blood effects are pretty terrible honestly

I call them BLOODSPLOSIONS!!!

what the hell it's modernwarfare.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1962 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Got the game on PC and enjoying it so far. Glad it hasn't crashed yet on me like some PC users.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1963 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

trying to find all of the collectibles, i pretty much have the shipwreck beach left, but that place is huge to cover

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1964 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
This game is gorgeous and very fun, but I think I am losing brain cells because it is so easy and simple. I am also happy i can run it on max 60 fps, except i use ssaa x2, at 60 fps. Also, it disappointing tressfx is buggy and only effects lara's hair.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#1965 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
This game is gorgeous and very fun, but I think I am losing brain cells because it is so easy and simple. I am also happy i can run it on max 60 fps, except i use ssaa x2, at 60 fps. Also, it disappointing tressfx is buggy and only effects lara's hair.redskins26rocs
Yeah I wish TressFX would also affect her nipples. Really though, it was all about hair, not much else, and that's because hair is one of the hardest things to recreate in virtual worlds.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1966 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

According to an Eidos Admin, the game has passed the 1M mark.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1967 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

The blood on the screen effect is really annoying too. I just tried it, didn't like it one bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1968 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

DragonfireXZ95

The blood on the screen effect is really annoying too. I just tried it, didn't like it one bit.

It's because we played without it first. I agree, it's terribly distracting

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1969 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

I think the effects are great. 

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1971 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
Definitely my GOTY so far. Still having a blast going through it again. Might as well use that last save slot for my 3rd playthrough.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1972 freedomfreak  Online
Just finished doing everything. 100%.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1973 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

9.0 out of 10 for me so far

Love the game, love the art style, love Lara, the KB+M controls on PC are a bit iffy at times(especially during QTEs... f*** KB QTEs), and I'm still early in the game but it's a damn good game and I'm happy with it.

Glad I waited until this release to give this franchise a chance. My only experience of Tomb Raider before this was playing a demo of Tomb Raider (1,2,3? Idk) for the PS1 at a Wal-Mart kiosk when I was too young to figure out how to play it. I don't remember liking it at all, and it's left a sour taste in my mouth about the franchise ever since.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1974 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Just finished doing everything. 100%.freedomfreak

How many Steam hours ?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1975 freedomfreak  Online

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Just finished doing everything. 100%.jhonMalcovich

How many hours ?

Should be about 15-16 hours.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1976 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Just finished doing everything. 100%.freedomfreak

How many hours ?

Should be about 15-16 hours.

20 hours for me to find all collectibles. But I wasn´t using any help.

Anyway, the game resulted to be longer than I expected. A pleasant surprise.

[spoiler] When Solarii headquaters (temple) was burning down, I was pretty sure that I was playing final sequences of the game :lol: [/spoiler]

Not my GOTY, but a very good action adventure game. The plot was quite predictable, and character were quite stereotypical. But action was superb.

[spoiler] I saw Whitman betrayal from miles away. I mean the guy was certainly keeping watch for Alex after he reunited the crew on the beach. [/spoiler]

This game certainly deserves its 8.5, but it doesn´t go any further from that score.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1977 freedomfreak  Online
I used my upgraded instincts to find the items that those challenges required.
skraptz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1978 skraptz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Was anyone else getting a lesbian vibe from Lara?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1979 freedomfreak  Online
Was anyone else getting a lesbian vibe from Lara?skraptz
With Sam? haha, yeah. Kinda.
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1980 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

Finally finished the game, and I really liked it. I really dug the gameplay even though it wasn't that hard. I feel like that was because you had a lot of control over Lara though, so I'm not sure what else Crystal Dynamic could've done. Enemies flanked you, shot your cover up, rushed you, and bombed you. You had to use different techniques to kill them too. What I really loved though was the dodge and cover system. I hated how in Uncharted 3 your dodge and cover move was mapped to the same button, making you cover when you wanted to dodge and vice versa. It feels way more fluid in Tomb Raider because the cover system isn't so restrictive.

Separating the tomb raiding from the main mission was 50/50 to me. I liked having the choice of whether I wanted to solve puzzles or shot up stuff, but I think they could've been interwoven more. I also would of liked the tomb raiding to be harder, ie. you can die from taking too long or doing the wrong thing. I think if the tomb raiding was more difficult and bigger each time, I'd rate the game higher.

I'd also rate it higher if it had boss fights. What is with games and not having proper boss fights?

Right now, having just finished the game, I'd give it an 8.5. Platforming was more interactive than Uncharted. Gunplay is arguably better too. Story was ok, I really liked that you could pick up journals for background info on people. Gave more insight into the main villain than Uncharted 3 ever did. You could even talk to people outside of cutscenes! And whether you like the new Lara or not, the game really showed her progressing, both in character and animation. If the game had harder puzzles (with dying as a consequence) and actual boss fights, I'd easily rank it higher. As it is, I'd still rank it higher than Uncharted 3 (I'd rate U3 at 8, and that score was brought up by its multiplayer; haven't touched TR multiplayer). Uncharted 2 is still ahead though, that game just did so much right.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1981 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I finished the game with a 68% completion. I really enjoyed it but I don't think I'll go back and search for more tombs or do any more of the side stuff.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1982 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Was anyone else getting a lesbian vibe from Lara?skraptz

Yeah, and the big guy seemed to want to get into her pants. Either way the game is a 7/10 from me, it's better than UC3, but it has way too many cutscenes still, some of the scenes were just way too ridiculous, lara seems to have the strongest bones and strongest immune system ever, the other guys weren't fleshed out enough (maybe it's in the collectables, doesn't explain the big one though) and you briefly fight them and the perks are just lame. I also hated how the final encounter was done, however I loved some of the messed up scenes they used and the gameplay itself was good.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1983 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
This game has totally reaffirmed my Love for the tombraider franchise, gameplay is awesome, storyline is awesome i am really loving the Scale of the game , the cobat is deep ,visceral and extremely satisfying and the Upgrade system adds much needed depth to character developement and the fact that you can go back and visit previous areas After you upgraded to reach areas that where inacessible before adds loads of replay value and the Fact you can carry on exploring once you have finished the game is just the icing on an already scrummy cake. Top marks to crystal Dynamics for an amazing game and making the sexiest woman in gaming still relevant.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1984 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

This game has totally reaffirmed my Love for the tombraider franchise, gameplay is awesome, storyline is awesome i am really loving the Scale of the game , the cobat is deep ,visceral and extremely satisfying and the Upgrade system adds much needed depth to character developement and the fact that you can go back and visit previous areas After you upgraded to reach areas that where inacessible before adds loads of replay value and the Fact you can carry on exploring once you have finished the game is just the icing on an already scrummy cake. Top marks to crystal Dynamics for an amazing game and making the sexiest woman in gaming still relevant.delta3074

why do you keep repeating yourself?, game is awesome thats awesome

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1985 freedomfreak  Online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC9Y35osOfU&feature=youtube_gdata_player Relevant.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1986 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"]This game has totally reaffirmed my Love for the tombraider franchise, gameplay is awesome, storyline is awesome i am really loving the Scale of the game , the cobat is deep ,visceral and extremely satisfying and the Upgrade system adds much needed depth to character developement and the fact that you can go back and visit previous areas After you upgraded to reach areas that where inacessible before adds loads of replay value and the Fact you can carry on exploring once you have finished the game is just the icing on an already scrummy cake. Top marks to crystal Dynamics for an amazing game and making the sexiest woman in gaming still relevant.Zaibach

Why do you Care? i love the game and i want to talk about it, you don't have to listen,lol
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1987 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

So yeah, beat the game the other night. Game was fun as hell. I just can't get over how good the gameplay is! So happy to see this franchise rise from the grave (again..)!

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1988 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]This game has totally reaffirmed my Love for the tombraider franchise, gameplay is awesome, storyline is awesome i am really loving the Scale of the game , the cobat is deep ,visceral and extremely satisfying and the Upgrade system adds much needed depth to character developement and the fact that you can go back and visit previous areas After you upgraded to reach areas that where inacessible before adds loads of replay value and the Fact you can carry on exploring once you have finished the game is just the icing on an already scrummy cake. Top marks to crystal Dynamics for an amazing game and making the sexiest woman in gaming still relevant.delta3074

Why do you Care? i love the game and i want to talk about it, you don't have to listen,lol

because I care about you and everything you post, I cant enough of it, but these re-runs are terrible, you need to change things up before the network cancels you.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1989 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Zaibach

because I care about you and everything you post, I cant enough of it, but these re-runs are terrible, you need to change things up before the network cancels you.

ok, guess you are right, thanks for your conceren, i owe you a beer sometime.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1990 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Just beaten it, it's a fun ride!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1991 freedomfreak  Online

mitu123
Tomb Raider
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1992 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

freedomfreak

Tomb Raider

This, Lara Croft is back baby!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1993 freedomfreak  Online
This, Lara Croft is back baby!mitu123
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1994 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Finished the game lst night with 97% completion, which I estimate at about 27-30 hrs. All optional tombs raided. All GPS caches, documents, and relics collected. I went back in to finish 3 challenges, as well as get some weapon kill achievments. All I need is to find two bleedin mines on the shipwreck beach, and I have no idea where :x

But the crescendo was outstanding. The journey to the final battle, and of course that last fight which perfectly pays tribute to the old school Lara and those fans. Obviously tidings of the shape of Lara still to come. Oh and the epilogue music, just perfect.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1995 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

This game was fantastic! I finished at 76% and plan on going back and collecting everything. First Tomb Raider game I've played and I couldnt of asked for much better.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#1996 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
Game is great, gonna playthrough a 2nd time, going for 100% completion.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1997 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

mitu123

You steal my avy mate? lol

Anyway, love this game. Can't get enough of it.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1998 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
My main gripe were the simple puzzles(including tombs), but overall I came away impressed with the package. Good reboot
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1999 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I very much dislike heavily scripted games and QTE's but amazingly they don't bother me at all in TR, in fact i usually have a grin from ear to ear after every one i've encoutered so far, even when i have to repeat them because the QTE prompts don't show up (KB/M). The combat is brilliantly exectuted and feels perfect (<3 Bow sooooo much) and last but not least the graphics are superb, playing it at Ultra (Ultimate with a few things set to normal) and its just gorgeous.

Story so far is actually pretty decent, up there with Uncharted though more mature and less witty.

Avatar image for crippledmachine
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2000 crippledmachine
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

Think I might pick it up in the next Steam Sale.

I just hope it's not poor man's Uncharted. Life's too short to play the bastardised version of the franchise I already enjoyed.