Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by AdobeArtist (22789 posts) 6 months, 20 days ago

Poll: Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :) (158 votes)

This will be the greatest game of all time!!! 13%
Biggest flop of the gen, fo sho 10%
I think it looks good, but imma hate it cuz its XB1 exclusive 3%
I'm totally fakeboying how awesome it is, mwa-hahaha 1%
It's just another shooter 14%
Why isn't this on PS4? 5%
It's good, but no Mass Effect or Tomb Raider 3%
But does it have the foliage? 2%
This game causes massive jelly and butthurt 13%
lol 720p 13%
the new multiplayer champion is upon us 14%
AdobeArtist, what the *bleep* have you done??? 9%

Hey guys, remember when this was System Wars?? Well you know what... it still is. Yeah, I just checked the board again and it doesn't say "Titan Wars". So we'll just keep it here for now and wait to see when things settle down.

behave ;)

#101 Posted by Zen_Light (1231 posts) -

Looks like trash, tbh.

#102 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4534 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

.... ugh, damn formatting bringing shame upon my lineage. Time to commit Sudoku.. AGAIN. :[

I think you mean seppuku, Sodoku is a kind of math puzzle.

Oh I meant Sudoku. Much more painful imo.

#103 Edited by mems_1224 (46241 posts) -

I doubt I get a PC beta invite but I hope I do. The game looks so fun.

#104 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4120 posts) -

do you think the number of unique applications for the pc beta will be revealed? i suspect if its a big enough number, they might.

but what's big?

#105 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27326 posts) -

@AdobeArtist great friggin job mate. Board needed one of these ...

#106 Posted by kuu2 (6885 posts) -

I can get a commissioned comic book sketch for $250 that will actually appreciate in value. I can't believe people are falling for these numbered worthless editions of games at a price of $250.

#107 Edited by Zophar87 (4345 posts) -

Game definitely looks solid.

#108 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15924 posts) -

1408 x 792 resolution if you choose to play this multi-platform game on the Xbox One.

No word on what the Xbox 360 resolution will be.

Obviously, the sky is the limit if you buy this for PC.

#109 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13113 posts) -

Cont:

Even so, beta usually doesn't merit much changes visually. And I'd be able to tell higher texture quality, lighting despite the compression.

This looks downright bad, I'm sure the xbone can do more than this visually. This is 360 level albeit slightly cleaner.

#110 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Just watched 15 or so minutes of gameplay (still not done obviously) from the 1 hour GB video, but it's helping me maintain my opinion: The Titan segments look and sound like proper fun (and I don't even like mech's all that much). Tactical, powerful and just fun. Everything else though, to me, screams CoD with bots and jetpacks. In other words, not that fun (least for me).

That aside I'm sure it'll do fine. The CoD crowd will eat it up, the mech fans will probably also like it. So expect big support and sequels/expansions to this franchise.

Also, the upgrade from "Alpha" to "Beta" in terms of graphics was minuscule. Maybe it was just the video quality from GB's player, but it looked slightly more clean, nothing else. It's arguably the least defining aspect of the game though, especially if it means a better performance overall.

#111 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

792p with frame drops lol, Xbone strikes again. Why they can't run this Source Engine game at 1080p/60fps is baffling. Looking forward to playing this at 1440p/60fps on my PC and laughing at lemmings.

#112 Posted by blackace (20007 posts) -

Not locked, capped. Reported noticeable drops when inside a Titan.

Update 18:13 GMT: Respawn has confirmed our '792p' pixel count, and has indicated that a resolution increase is on the cards for the final game.

Respawn wants it locked at 60fps. The drop that was happening was very minor.

#113 Posted by StormyJoe (4752 posts) -
#114 Edited by kuu2 (6885 posts) -
#115 Edited by kuu2 (6885 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

792p with frame drops lol, Xbone strikes again. Why they can't run this Source Engine game at 1080p/60fps is baffling. Looking forward to playing this at 1440p/60fps on my PC and laughing at lemmings.

Continue watching my friend, continue watching ;p

#116 Edited by bobbetybob (19124 posts) -

Glad I'll be playing this on PC, max settings, 1080p, 60FPS, so good. Might even whack a bit of super sampling on it.

#117 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

ehh Xbox One can easily run any engine 1080p/60fps if the devs wanted. Obviously they've chosen to sacrifice resolution for other graphical details. This resolution crap is blown way out of proportion. I can be playing Killzone SF @ 1080p/60fps one minute then switch to CoD Ghosts on Xbox One running at 720p/6fps no problem.

#118 Posted by killzowned24 (7296 posts) -
#119 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Harisemo: No offense bro but what graphical details? The game looks like shit graphics wise, it's a source engine game.

I'll post screens from my PC version of the game just to spite lems like StormyJoe and Kuu2 when the game comes out lol.

#120 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Glad I'll be playing this on PC, max settings, 1080p, 60FPS, so good. Might even whack a bit of super sampling on it.

Eh, not like you'd be pushing your hardware all that much to be honest :P

#121 Edited by hoosier7 (3776 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@I_can_haz said:

ehh Xbox One can easily run any engine 1080p/60fps if the devs wanted. Obviously they've chosen to sacrifice resolution for other graphical details. This resolution crap is blown way out of proportion. I can be playing Killzone SF @ 1080p/60fps one minute then switch to CoD Ghosts on Xbox One running at 720p/6fps no problem.

What other details? They're not doing anything special with physics, the environments are entirely static, pretty standard lighting, the textures are low res and the character models are bang average. It's pretty much just the usual stuff we saw last gen. If they were pushing better textures, character models and maybe some nice lighting or physics like Ryse then it'd be acceptable.

What on earth is it with the X1 and the source engine, first CoD now this?

#122 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

We're playing the same game, having the same fun. If your resolution is higher, lol, ok. shrugs. I'll be having a ball on the Xbox One at whatever resolution it hits at. The frame drops are minor as has been reported by IGN and Giantbomb.

#123 Edited by blackace (20007 posts) -
#124 Posted by StormyJoe (4752 posts) -

@Harisemo: No offense bro but what graphical details? The game looks like shit graphics wise, it's a source engine game.

I'll post screens from my PC version of the game just to spite lems like StormyJoe and Kuu2 when the game comes out lol.

Jelly. SOOOOOOOOOOOO JELLY!!!

#125 Edited by hoosier7 (3776 posts) -

Hmmm seems there's some screen tearing judging by DF's video, hopefully that's just their footage. Shame that even at a lower res it'd can't hold 60fps :/

Are the bots really meant to be so bad? I can't see any improvement in the build. Still getting mown down in the open and just staring at you at points.

#126 Posted by bobbetybob (19124 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@bobbetybob said:

Lol nope not really. I do like Source games though because at least I know they'll be smooth, have no horrible mouse acceleration and have a fairly clean crisp image. I just hope the PC port is good and has an FOV slider and things of that nature.

#127 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

What other details? They're not doing anything special with physics, the environments are entirely static, pretty standard lighting, the textures are low res and the character models are bang average. It's pretty much just the usual stuff we saw last gen. If they were pushing better textures, character models and maybe some nice lighting or physics like Ryse then it'd be acceptable.

What on earth is it with the X1 and the source engine, first CoD now this?

Apparently Xbone SDKs have issues, that and lazy devs is the reasons why games don't look/perform so good. If Xbox One can handle Ryse with a higher resolution then crappy looking games like CoD should be a piece of cake. Don't expect PC version of TitanFall to look much better than Xbox One.

#128 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Currently its kind of shitty on xbox, but great on PC.

#129 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

We're playing the same game, having the same fun. If your resolution is higher, lol, ok. shrugs. I'll be having a ball on the Xbox One at whatever resolution it hits at.

I think the difference in aiming is a far larger offender than the fps drops and low resolution on xbox one.

I've been watching videos of both and its hilarious watching the controller people trying to aim or turn.

#130 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@bobbetybob said:

Lol nope not really. I do like Source games though because at least I know they'll be smooth, have no horrible mouse acceleration and have a fairly clean crisp image. I just hope the PC port is good and has an FOV slider and things of that nature.

I think that'll be one of the best upgrades this gen will provide: better PC ports. Proper PC ports. The simple fact that now the hardware and architecture are incredibly similar should make things far more easier, plus they can allow themselves to not cut back as much on the PC versions as they did in previous gens.

So yeah, PC gamers should end up gaining better ports this gen, which would be awesome! Not like I have a proper rig to take full advantage of it, but still :P

#131 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4120 posts) -

controller aiming makes me wonder if the character has a stiff/sore neck or back, lol.

*Groan* ugh gotta turn around 180° in super slow mo.

#132 Edited by lostrib (33290 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@shawn30 said:

@I_can_haz said:

We're playing the same game, having the same fun. If your resolution is higher, lol, ok. shrugs. I'll be having a ball on the Xbox One at whatever resolution it hits at.

I think the difference in aiming is a far larger offender than the fps drops and low resolution on xbox one.

I've been watching videos of both and its hilarious watching the controller people trying to aim or turn.

FPS with controller is just awful. I played pay day 2 on PS3 last night, and besides from it being ugly as hell, trying to make any medium/long distance shots was just ridiculous, plus some obvious aim assist

#133 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@shawn30: That's not quite true :P If for some hypothetical and odd reason the game was stuck at a res of 320p or even 240p you would NOT be having a ball, since you wouldn't be able to see anything properly on relatively modern TV lulz :P So yeah, res does matter. Is it a "must" to have every game @1080p or higher? Not really no, but this gen all games should at least be 720p IMO.

#134 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Jelly of what exactly? I'll be playing the PC version at a much higher resolution and framerate. Are you suddenly pretending this game is an XBone exclusive? I know lems are idiots at reading comprehension but there's a superior PC version you know.

#135 Edited by lglz1337 (3115 posts) -

lmao what a crap looking game my dell mini laptop will run this easy even better than Xbone looooooll gahaha

#136 Posted by lostrib (33290 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

lmao what a crap looking game my dell mini laptop will run this easy even better than Xbone looooooll gahaha

...probably not

#137 Posted by lglz1337 (3115 posts) -

@lostrib: hell yes framedrops on xbone bahaha @792 wtf is that P

#138 Edited by lostrib (33290 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: hell yes framedrops on xbone bahaha @792 wtf is that P

addresses nothing about the ability of your "dell mini laptop" to run the game better than X1

#139 Posted by StormyJoe (4752 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Jelly of what exactly? I'll be playing the PC version at a much higher resolution and framerate. Are you suddenly pretending this game is an XBone exclusive? I know lems are idiots at reading comprehension but there's a superior PC version you know.

Once again, all cows have high end gaming PCs. LOL!

Again... J-E-L-L-Y!!!!

#140 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4414 posts) -

So many PC gamers suddenly : )

#141 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

This will probably be in beta for about 6 months, knowing EA.

#142 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Jokes on you. I have a mid range PC, you don't need a high end rig to run a source engine game at high settings. Yea, Xbone's crappy hardware will struggle with this but my PC should run this baby easy with no troubles whatsoever. Keep crying, I'd be mad too if I spent $500 on shit hardware to play games at 792p with frame drops.

Also, your meltdown is glorious. Keep typing "JELLY" to mask your butthurt and tears.

#143 Posted by killzowned24 (7296 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

doesnt it come out in less than a month?

#144 Posted by gensigns (1477 posts) -

SNIFF SNIFF....

Did somebody track jelly in here?

#145 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I'll take screenshots and possibly videos wih fraps so that lems can also enjoy this game too @ 1080p. :( Poor lems

#146 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

doesnt it come out in less than a month?

#147 Edited by mems_1224 (46241 posts) -

Titanfall is looking great.

#148 Edited by gensigns (1477 posts) -

Never mind, I just found it!

#149 Edited by with_teeth26 (6020 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

don't you mean 6 days?

its close enough to release that this won't be a proper beta, its just a demo-beta like Crysis 3 and BF3/4 had.

#150 Edited by lostrib (33290 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

don't you mean 6 days?

its close enough to release that this won't be a proper beta, its just a demo-beta like Crysis 3 and BF3/4 had.

I believe he is referring to the fact that since it's an EA they will be releasing an unfinished product akin to a beta build. Similar to the BF4 release