Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by AdobeArtist (22945 posts) 10 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :) (158 votes)

This will be the greatest game of all time!!! 13%
Biggest flop of the gen, fo sho 10%
I think it looks good, but imma hate it cuz its XB1 exclusive 3%
I'm totally fakeboying how awesome it is, mwa-hahaha 1%
It's just another shooter 14%
Why isn't this on PS4? 5%
It's good, but no Mass Effect or Tomb Raider 3%
But does it have the foliage? 2%
This game causes massive jelly and butthurt 13%
lol 720p 13%
the new multiplayer champion is upon us 14%
AdobeArtist, what the *bleep* have you done??? 9%

Hey guys, remember when this was System Wars?? Well you know what... it still is. Yeah, I just checked the board again and it doesn't say "Titan Wars". So we'll just keep it here for now and wait to see when things settle down.

behave ;)

#701 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7457 posts) -

@iwasgood2u said:

uhhh really lemmings? the graphics look worst than modern warfare 2. had it on high settings. even my old cod mw2, GTA4 and saints row 3 on my pc looks better than this. pretty disappointed in the graphics but the gameplay was as good as any other COD games i've played and different. it felt like a either 8.0 or 7.5 game to be honest with you. .Very much like Unreal Tournament, facepace, and COD like. Those who has played COD will see this as another shooter. this is from my first impression but i will continue playing it until beta is over. I grew a bit tired of COD so this game you can jump in and play right away as if it's another COD but with giant mechs and bad graphics. If anyone here have better graphics than this please post. i dont know if it's my computer or what but compared to my other pc games this graphic cant compare.to them. feels last gen.

Get a bettah monitor brah. Actually you are right the graphics are full of crud. I'm sure blurrybox one fans will enjoy it and think of this as the holy grail in graphics.

#702 Posted by cfisher2833 (1711 posts) -

Damn! I have to say, I am enjoying the hell out of it. It looks far better than compressed youtube videos would indicate, and it runs quite well too. God damn is the game fast paced though! Like CoD on crack.

#703 Posted by remiks00 (1912 posts) -

Definitely need to add some of you guys on Orgin & steam to play some games together.

#704 Posted by lostrib (37774 posts) -

@iwasgood2u said:

uhhh really lemmings? the graphics look worst than modern warfare 2. had it on high settings. even my old cod mw2, GTA4 and saints row 3 on my pc looks better than this. pretty disappointed in the graphics but the gameplay was as good as any other COD games i've played and different. it felt like a either 8.0 or 7.5 game to be honest with you. .Very much like Unreal Tournament, facepace, and COD like. Those who has played COD will see this as another shooter. this is from my first impression but i will continue playing it until beta is over. I grew a bit tired of COD so this game you can jump in and play right away as if it's another COD but with giant mechs and bad graphics. If anyone here have better graphics than this please post. i dont know if it's my computer or what but compared to my other pc games this graphic cant compare.to them. feels last gen.

Did you miss the part where it says Texture Resolution=Low? Not to mention the AF is set to Bilinear

#705 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8785 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Ugly as heck, but so damn fun. Real shame everyone I know is going with the X1 version, so I'll be stuck with ransoms in the PC version. :(

We could team up if Origin ever allows me. Think about XaeroChamp. ChampGravity.

They don't want none. We can get Sean if he isn't super jew and actually buys the game. Make a fearsome 6 out of SW people.

I don't know if I'll be getting it at launch, since March is packed enough as it is, but that'd be awesome.

The game is giving me the same sort of vibe I had during the CoD4 beta. Just pure, insane fun.

#706 Posted by iwasgood2u (819 posts) -

@lostrib: looks I did. Will go back n set on high and also the af setting

#707 Edited by remiks00 (1912 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@iwasgood2u said:

Did you miss the part where it says Texture Resolution=Low? Not to mention the AF is set to Bilinear

LOL, fail.

#708 Edited by iwasgood2u (819 posts) -

@Bikouchu35: lol nah its not the monitor bro. I did a print screen while in the game and paste it to my paint progam and saved as .png highest quality image file so others can see the actual graphics of this game. Yes I didnt do.jpg because it would have made the graphics look worst than it is.

#709 Posted by tonyleo01 (1260 posts) -

@iwasgood2u said:

Wow that looks like Halo 2. While it's not the most impressive graphically, It really doesn't look bad on X1.

#710 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7457 posts) -

@iwasgood2u said:

@Bikouchu35: lol nah its not the monitor bro. I did a print screen while in the game and paste it to my paint progam and saved as .png highest quality image file so others can see the actual graphics of this game. Yes I didnt do.jpg because it would have made the graphics look worst than it is.

1366x768, the res and monitor makes it extra ugly.

#711 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Yeah the thing about this game that will make it so popular is that even if you suck at it, it rewards you. The inclusion of the terrible AI bots even adds to the power fantasy. I can see this being popular with the COD crowd because it's largely the same thing especially when it comes to gun play.

And holy shit do they have to nerf the shotgun, this things a high powered sniper rifle.

We get it dude, you don't like the game.

I'm just offering my impressions, nothing about this thread said they had to be strictly positive.

You want something positive from me about TF? ok, I like the parkour and flying up in a titan with the eject button. The shooting, not so much obviously.

That's cute and all but I think it applies more to you.

#712 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5674 posts) -

@xdluffy said:

@ConanTheStoner: Sucks you sony fanboys are gonna miss out, But hey atleast you have your 1080p Indie games to play.

Damn, that hurts bro :(

I'm just mooing it up with herd and you gotta get all personal about my Indie collection.

#713 Edited by iwasgood2u (819 posts) -

do yah see any difference? lol man it's a bit better looking i guess but still look like last gen.

#714 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

I've had a really busy weekend so only managed to play just under an hour of the attrition mode. It is so much fun. The "COD with mechs" things has been truly blown out of the water as far as i am concerned. gotta love the crackle of your titan as its coming down. graphically it looks good, but not amazing, its framerate seems pretty rock solid to me and there is not a hint of lag. most importantly, the game is great fun and has me excited for the other modes including campaign, (i think that could be really interesting too). looking forward to checking out the other maps / titans soon.

very very cool

#715 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@I_can_haz said:

Still in the training but man this game really rough on the eyes. Look at those "INSANE" texture details....

I can't believe the Xbone is struggling to run this at 792p with frame drops. Lems should ask for their money back, they've been duped by MS lol.

Someone is really display alot of cognitive dissonance.

Game looks amazing from those screenies.

It looks amazing if you have Xbone standards. For everyone else it looks like dog shit. Those textures and character model are straight from 2004.

#716 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@I_can_haz said:

Still in the training but man this game really rough on the eyes. Look at those "INSANE" texture details....

I can't believe the Xbone is struggling to run this at 792p with frame drops. Lems should ask for their money back, they've been duped by MS lol.

Someone is really display alot of cognitive dissonance.

Game looks amazing from those screenies.

It looks amazing if you have Xbone standards. For everyone else it looks like dog shit. Those textures and character model are straight from 2004.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that got a laugh out of this.

William is as cringe worthy as ever.

#717 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5674 posts) -

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

Honestly, I was just trolling before. I don't even keep up with this game at all. It might even be an awesome fun game, I wouldn't even know.

But all these screens posted above look like ASS. This game looks like it could run on the Wii U with room to spare.

#718 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

Honestly, I was just trolling before. I don't even keep up with this game at all. It might even be an awesome fun game, I wouldn't even know.

But all these screens posted above look like ASS. This game looks like it could run on the Wii U with room to spare.

Nonsense!, it's all because of the effect of cognitive dissonance.

LOL

#720 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@iwasgood2u said:

do yah see any difference? lol man it's a bit better looking i guess but still look like last gen.

It's PS 3's fault that the graphics are substandard.

#721 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5674 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

Is it still early in beta or something? I mean, is the game still far off from release? I know in a previous thread it was stated that textures were downsized just for testing... but even the models look low poly with obvious faceting and the lighting looks simplistic and very washed out.

I'm not even exaggerating, this game really looks right at home on the Wii U.

#722 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

Is it still early in beta or something? I mean, is the game still far off from release? I know in a previous thread it was stated that textures were downsized just for testing... but even the models look low poly with obvious faceting and the lighting looks simplistic and very washed out.

I'm pretty sure it's going to look like hot shit right out into release, It's getting ready to fall very soon, release date isn't far off.

I wouldn't be surprised if this title started 360 only, it really shows.

#723 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: The sad thing is the 360 release date is 2 weeks later than the X1/PC versions lol.

#724 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4: The sad thing is the 360 release date is 2 weeks later than the X1/PC versions lol.

The comparisons, oh I await thee with baited breath.. lol.

#725 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5674 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

I'm pretty sure it's going to look like hot shit right out into release, It's getting ready to fall very soon, release date isn't far off.

I wouldn't be surprised if this title started 360 only, it really shows.

Damn, that's rough man. I just haven't kept up with the game, but I've seen so much chatter about it I guess I was just expecting more from it visually. I sure hope it's fun to play because it sure as hell won't be selling on the spectacle of "next gen" graphics.

You're probably right about the 360 deal.. thing is, even MGS5 started as a PS3 game and it doesn't look this assy.

#726 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

only played the XB1 version, the graphics are not mind blowing , just ok. the framerate is steady and it looks a lot better in person on my TV than those screenshots suggest. even If it ships with the same graphics it wont put me off buying.

#727 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

only played the XB1 version, the graphics are not mind blowing , just ok. the framerate is steady and it looks a lot better in person on my TV than those screenshots suggest. even If it ships with the same graphics it wont put me off buying.

It looks better on your TV through the X! than a high end pc?

They removed that sharpening filter, so I'm not really sure how that can be the case.

#728 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5674 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

Oh yeah man, as long as you're having fun who cares? Most of my favorite games were never top graphics contenders anyways. Guess I just had a different mental image of this game with all the hype surrounding it and whatnot.

#729 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

It looks better on your TV through the X! than a high end pc?

They removed that sharpening filter, so I'm not really sure how that can be the case.

The game looks a lot better via my X1 on my LED TV than those screenshots do...... Yes....

#730 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@sts106mat said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

HOLY SHIT. 0______0

LOL

Oh yeah man, as long as you're having fun who cares? Most of my favorite games were never top graphics contenders anyways. Guess I just had a different mental image of this game with all the hype surrounding it and whatnot.

exactly. as for the hype. I haven't seen anyone at all hyping Titanfall for graphics....afaik its always just been about the gameplay. source engine sort of tells you its not going to be super looking, they probably chose source because its a solid engine....it worked really well with left 4 dead etc. gameplay >>>>> graphics any day.

#731 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5674 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

exactly. as for the hype. I haven't seen anyone at all hyping Titanfall for graphics....afaik its always just been about the gameplay. source engine sort of tells you its not going to be super looking, they probably chose source because its a solid engine....it worked really well with left 4 dead etc. gameplay >>>>> graphics any day.

Well of course, I'll agree to that... though I have seen lems hype this game for the graphics though. But every fanbase has its more invested (deluded) followers lol.

#732 Edited by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

Been playing the beta, fucking love it. It is to the Xbox One what Halo was to the Xbox.

#733 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@dbtbandit67 said:

Been playing the beta, fucking love it. It is to the Xbox One what Halo was to the Xbox.

It does feel like it has that sort of potential. i forgot to say "xbox record that" on a number of occasions yesterday. my best moment was probably being sniped by a guy on the top of a building, when i respawned i ran and dodged his shot, ran to the side of the building jumped up the building and over him spun around and nailed him with the rifle. hahaha satisfying.

Its surprising how much fun it is to play as a pilot aswell as a titan....i have my titan ready to drop and yet I am still running around and shooting as a pilot.. going to try some of the other modes tonight.

Beta has been extended until 6pm (PST) on the 19th if anyone is wondering.

#734 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5146 posts) -

Once again, a multiplat that performs better on the other platform. As usual.

#735 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5674 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Haha, this one is pretty good.

#736 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

Played a few beta matches, it's a pretty fun game but not something i'd devote alot of time to, much better than COD Ghosts though.

As for the graphics, at max beta settings at 1080p it's pretty meh, not bad but not very good either.

#737 Edited by trugs26 (5589 posts) -

l Just played the PC version. It was okay. Nothing great though, and it has a really boring aesthetic. It looks really bland.

I will play it a few more times before I give my full judgement for the beta anyway.

#738 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3303 posts) -

@iwasgood2u: 768p and texture resolution is set to low. Call me crazy but maybe your laptop isn't the best way to play Titanfall.

#739 Edited by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

You know the cow trolls on this forum have lost the plot when they cant see the writing on the wall.

both hermits and lems are loving this game... not for their graphics/presentation like all cow games that last 10 hours with no REAL gameplay fun like uncharted/last of us.

The game looks clean and sharp in motion. who stares at walls? the fun factor and competitive nature of this game are both amazing. you know, those of you whining about graphics... the REAL main purpose of games?

but yea, carry on going on about graphics pretending your one upping anyone. its a friggin SOURCE engine game ffs... nobody expected miracles... but we got miracles in the gameplay department.

suck it up cows.... your missing out.

#741 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I am seriously looking forward to this game being released so all the lems thirsty for games and MLG retards finally shut up about it.

Don't come whining when you get bored of grinding by the time March is over

confused by this statement.... "grinding"? are we mixing a shooter up with Dark Souls?

#742 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

Well after hearing some hype about Titanfall Beta from the guy's at my local game store, i tried it for myself.

I thought it was just going to be another online Mech shooter, but man was i ever wrong, it's really different, and very fun to play.

I.M.O. if any game stands a chance of boosting console sales it's this one, i thoroughly enjoyed it, and all i can say is Sony fanboys better hope that Infamous Second Son is seriously great if it hopes to contend with March hardware or software sales.

#743 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Is there any proof that this game will have alot more content?

that is the big concern everywhere...... i heard 16 maps...

but the custimization options seem very limited compared to modern BF/CoD .... I know playing a game for fun is one thing.... but I dunno... the game modes are incredible short.

Well there are supposed to be 16 maps at launch. And people who have been poking around in the beta code have found mention of 14 maps, as well as a bunch more perks, ordinances, and weapons

what of game modes? I was kinda dissapoint with the lack of ... well I dunno,. a ttack/defend mode .... you know like the multiplayer games of old? multiple waypoints based on large enviroments? seems like a game that would suit it imo.

the matches are too short and the waiting times are too long.... the game is great, but I feel a match is over before it begins.

in this game I preferred domination to attrition for that very reason. titan only mode can go suck it... really poor idea... just too unbalanced after the first titan goes down.

#744 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

Damn! I have to say, I am enjoying the hell out of it. It looks far better than compressed youtube videos would indicate, and it runs quite well too. God damn is the game fast paced though! Like CoD on crack.

Same here, enjoying the hell out f it and I think it looks pretty good in areas. Can't wait to see the finished product. But shipping with 15 maps is damn nice and a mode minus Titans is nice too. Love the diversity of the maps as well. Can't wait to play that one on the moon. Good time ahead.

Is Infamous still cooing out:) No ones talking about it. Not even cows:) Even Cows are obsessed with talking about Titanfall. MS thanks Cows for their continued support in keeping multiple Titanfalll-related topics going so strong. Sadly, Sony is unhappy with Lems not giving a damn about PS4 games enough to start or continue conversations or threads. So sad :)

#745 Edited by HadOne2Many (1279 posts) -

This game is a casual's wet dream (and I'm a casual). Here's some more gameplay I recorded:

#746 Posted by musicalmac (23036 posts) -

The only people that don't like this game are people who haven't played this game. Personally, that's the only way I can explain it.

I'm having more fun with this beta than I have had with any shooter in a long time. Losing the wall running and double jumping stuff makes other shooters feel just so boring. Truly, this is what we needed. It's really amazing.

#747 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@HadOne2Many said:

This game is a casual's wet dream (and I'm a casual). Here's some more gameplay I recorded:

and people say controller feels more natural than a mouse? ugh... judging by you (no offence, I know you say FPS isn't your thing.) and the killcams against you.... aiming looks so unatural, especially for a fast paced shooter like this.

impressed with kinect sound quality though.....

#748 Edited by musicalmac (23036 posts) -

I just pre-ordered.

That will shock and amaze some people here.

#749 Posted by Wasdie (50002 posts) -

I was surprised at how much fun I had despite my game running at 15 fps for some reason. I played one match and even though it was a slideshow I still had a lot of fun. The crazy dynamic between the fast paced pilots and the hulking mechs was really awesome.

I'm going to figure out my issues and hopefully be able to play a bit more tonight. I am surprised how good the game is.

#750 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5146 posts) -

@shawn30:

"durrrrr why is an active beta that can be played for free being aggressively marketed on forums being talked about???"

Have a guess, lem.