#Official: The Order 1886 set for February + New Previews

• 178 results
#1 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

Soony insider states its delayed until February

PlayStation Youtube Behind The Scenes: Fusing History and Mythology

New Gameplay details, Weapons and Lore with Gametrailers Preview

CVG Preview: The Order 1886 Will Raise Eyebrows

"The story will differentiate it from other action titles, according to game director Dana Jan."

New Gameplay Details:

Adding a touch of variety to the shooting is a slow-motion mechanic called Black Sight, which ties into the Black Water, a substance the knights drink to heighten their senses and restore health. (Mallory drinks some from a vial after he's shot in the neck.)
During Black Sight you can flick the thumb stick to quickly target enemies faster than they can react. You can't use it all of the time - you build up a meter as you kill enemies - and perhaps you wouldn't want to use it all of the time even if you could, because Ready at Dawn teases that the Black Water makes the knights less human somehow.

New Screenshots

#2 Posted by Blabadon (26554 posts) -

Ew, waiting.

#3 Edited by jman1553 (1318 posts) -

The game looks very poor at the moment. If it came out this year it'd be a disaster.

Better to have a finished game that was delayed than an unfinished game that wasn't.

#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

sounds very plausible.

#5 Edited by clyde46 (46563 posts) -

Meh, it's treading a fine line between interesting TPS and a Steam-punk Gears clone. I hope it's the former as I love the setting.

#6 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

No worries . As epic as it looks now, just more epicness with more dev time. Pretty swamped with games for the rest of the year anyway.

#7 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

great! a new ip in holiday season is a bad idea and risky with all those ip's my wallet is happy

great decision i'm fine with feb

#8 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

Welp, this just means more #Slaystation polish time.

Fiiine by me tbh.

#9 Edited by SolidTy (43692 posts) -

Assuming this rumor is true:

I don't get hung up on dates. I just hope it's an excellent game so that I can buy it.

In fact, I like that good games release outside of the prestigious Holiday window.

#10 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25759 posts) -

Their holiday lineup now consists of a racing game. One that was already delayed by 11 months.

http://i.minus.com/iWgb7mHRTay1D.gif

#11 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I don't get hung up on dates. I just hope it's an excellent game.

Same here. The more polish the game gets the better. I just hope the game is fun.

#12 Edited by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

so all the PS4 has this year are multiplats (most of them cross gen titles!) and Driveclub? Come on!

#13 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim: and MS has ? remakes ?

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -

It's the Jurassic Park guy.

RWAAA WHAAAAAAH WRWAAAAARWHAHRAHORDER RWAAA

That's an unfortunate scene in Jurassic Park brought you by freedomfreak

Well, if a delay(pushing back) is what they need to get things in Order, then so be it.

#15 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@Gue1: yes and MS has the worst versions of those multiplats

#16 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

That kinda sucks. I was hoping for a high profile PS4 exclusive this fall but whatever. There are plenty of other games like AC Unity, Destiny, Evolve, Arkham Knight etc.

#17 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25759 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@Floppy_Jim: and MS has ? remakes ?

I don't give a donkey's anus about the Xbone 2014 lineup to be honest (Halo and Forza again) but they at least have one new game in Sunset Overdrive.

#18 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Fine with me. Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight and AC Unity are all higher on my list for the holiday season. Makes it more likely it buy Day One now.

Of course no one plays multi-plats on here.....

#19 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Their holiday lineup now consists of a racing game. One that was already delayed by 11 months.

E3 is in 2 weeks floppy.

Bombas unveilings, bombas underlings everywhere

#Mmmm

#20 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Polish time never diminished quality my old friend.

#21 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5021 posts) -

it would make a perfect valentine day gift, now all i need is to get a date and convince her to buy it

#sony: make believe

#22 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28421 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@SolidTy said:

Same here. The more polish the game gets the better. I just hope the game is fun.

and yet a month prior and in the future anytime an xbox dOne game is delayed I can haz: being delayed is the worst thing ever lol they can't get the game to work...etc...etc

#23 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim: well XposBone needs it, ps4 sells by itself sony knows this and multiplats are on their sides this gen

#24 Edited by farrell2k (6325 posts) -

So, in one whole year the waitstation 4 will actually have something that is probably worth playing? Same old Sony...

#25 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28421 posts) -
@lglz1337 said:

Last generation: bububbubububbububububububububububbuub multiplats mean nothing only exclusives!

#26 Edited by Heil68 (45125 posts) -

Sounds good to me. SONY is already breaking my bank this fall.

#27 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

So, in one whole year the waitstation 4 will actually have something that is probably worth playing? Same old Sony...

Yep same old PS4 continuing to own the console world after a slip for one gen.

#28 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@farrell2k: and yet ps4 has more games than XposBone!

you missed a thread have a look

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4-has-better-games-and-more-of-them-31292920/#198

#29 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

it would make a perfect valentine day gift, now all i need is to get a date and convince her to buy it

#sony: make believe

Get'er to snatch you dat Special Edition too bro

#whateverittakes

#30 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker: i know it breaks your heart!

but

last generation is not this generation

#31 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker said:
@lglz1337 said:

Last generation: bububbubububbububububububububububbuub multiplats mean nothing only exclusives!

Just enjoy the worst version of every multi-platform game lemming. I actually never had a problem with inferior multiplats last gen(because I never play the 360 version to compare), but any talk about resolution seems to result in butthurt lemmings. I guess you all are not used it. You will adjust....

#32 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@I_can_haz said:

@SolidTy said:

and yet a month prior and in the future anytime an xbox dOne game is delayed I can haz: being delayed is the worst thing ever lol they can't get the game to work...etc...etc

Link to me gloating about an Xflop game getting delayed please.

Like I give a shit about Xflop games or whether they are delayed lol.

lol GTFO Willie.

#33 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25759 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

E3 is in 2 weeks floppy.

#Mmmm

E3 gonna be Beastly

http://i.imgur.com/z0cHPM8.png

#34 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6009 posts) -

Was someone expecting this in 2014? I dont even expect this in February...

#35 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

@tonitorsi said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

E3 is in 2 weeks floppy.

#Mmmm

E3 gonna be Beastly

#Preach

#36 Edited by padaporra (3428 posts) -

No amount of time will save this game as it is. They have to start over.

#37 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21769 posts) -

LOL, this has been announced feb last year and still has no release date, possibly in development hell.

#38 Edited by Evo_nine (1740 posts) -

Thats why they call it the 900p soony delaystation

I thought it was easy to develop for? Yet all the games they hype get delayed

Cows cant catch a break!! Lol

#39 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@TheGuardian03: QB also announced a year ago and still no release date not even a proper snippet, must be a development hell

#40 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

Greatness awaits... and waits. But maybe it will be in it's favor.

#41 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@Evo_nine: indeed we can't catch a break so many games we got to play even more than XposBone

#42 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21769 posts) -

@lglz1337: i dont even care about QB, after alan wake i learned to be patient when it comes to remedy. I will start to care when they show some real gameplay and some solid release date, If the order doesnt have a demo at e3 it will confirm my doubts.

#43 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8748 posts) -

Delays are only a negative when it happens to Microsoft games. Either way, this doesn't bother me too much as long as it means getting a polished product.

#44 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

LOL, this has been announced feb last year and still has no release date, possibly in development hell.

It's RAD's first console development attempt (I think), they probably just want to leave a good, lasting first impression.

It's also a legitimate move from a business standpoint since after this IP, considering they're not 1st party devs, any publisher will unquestionably want to publish their quality work.

#45 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8748 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

It was announced in June, not February.

#46 Edited by jake44 (2021 posts) -

Eh, the game doesn't really look that interesting. Hope they show something worthwhile in future gameplay videos.

#47 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

I'm already buying Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight, Diablo 3 UEE, NBA 2K15 and maybe Madden 15 this fall. I'm happy with this delay because it frees up time to enjoy the other games this year and makes early 2015 stronger.

#48 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1630 posts) -

And here I was thinking a Fall release, but alright, February it is.

#49 Edited by OhSnapitz (18456 posts) -

Well I guess that will make E3 more crucial for Sony. Hopefully they have more than just multiplats this holiday season.

#50 Posted by kuu2 (7359 posts) -

Twitter Douche trolling Sony Fan.

Also called this long ago if true, and would be hilarious for those that own a PauperStation4.

E3 is soon upon us!