Official PSHome Thread......Keep it all here.....All others will be locked.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
wow. this is going to be funnn. who knows if the extra downloadable content will cost you money or not. maybe we'll be able to use a points system.
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 -Pale
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
14:12.46 - The beta starts in April, and it's all launching in autumn 2007. Now it really is the end of the Home bit. 14:12.36 - It's an easy platform to create, for both game and non-game brands. 14:12.08 - In The Future, you'll be able to have more sophisticated clothing and Pets! 14:12.01 - "It's a unique real-time 3D community". Avatar based, free to download, free to use and launched directly through the XMB. There are public and private spaces for every user. 14:11.54 - Oh, he's summarising... 14:11.50 - That's the Home bit over, then. What's next? .... PETS? KILLER APZ
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
[QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***

Can you say... jealousy.

Tears are flowing profusely. It is a sad day for sheep indeed.

actually the sims is comming to Wii and Animal Crossing will be on Wii too.. so Im about to say... Nope..

Wow, one decent franchise and one horrible franchise. Good thing Nintendo's plan is SOOO awesome. What's your friend code again? 1212231231212?

:lol: you actually think that Sims or Animal crossing are not great franchises?

Animal Crossing is HORRIBLE.

:lol: Now I know you're a blind fanboy

Wake me up when an Animal Crossing game gets above an 8.5, k?
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts
I think Sony just won the war....Timesplitter14
I hope you are kidding.
Dead_Menn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Dead_Menn
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts
LOL.. BSHome
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
:lol: You really think this will change the war? As long as the system is as expensive as it is it won't change
-DarthVader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 -DarthVader-
Member since 2003 • 12590 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Is there no information on if it's unified or not (in name, friends list, recent players, etc.)? If it's not unified and those features aren't unified then it's essentially PS2 online with the bells and whistles of XBL but without the one thing that makes XBL what it is, a Unified service.

That would still make XBL better by a large margin if it doesn't have unified services.

Puckhog04

Still curious if there's a unified name, friends list, recent players, etc.

If someone doesn't answer by the 5th time why keep asking?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Wow, Nintendo's Kiddy Mii's and XBox Live just got owned all in just one video.

PS Home is amazing.

Secretidentity

More like just got ripped off and copied..

Yeah, you see thats how business works. Take a good idea and improve on it and you can make millions.

Ripped off, improved, and done the right way. The non-kiddy way.

Secretidentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Secretidentity
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts

[QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***D0wnfall1
Can you say... jealousy.

Tears are flowing profusely. It is a sad day for sheep indeed.

actually the sims is comming to Wii and Animal Crossing will be on Wii too.. so Im about to say... Nope..

Wow, one decent franchise and one horrible franchise. Good thing Nintendo's plan is SOOO awesome. What's your friend code again? 1212231231212?

:lol: you actually think that Sims or Animal crossing are not great franchises?

Animal Crossing is HORRIBLE.

You should play it first...Its really good :wink:

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 axt113
[QUOTE="Secretidentity"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

PS Home is amazing.

Bread_or_Decide

Yeah, you see thats how business works. Take a good idea and improve on it and you can make millions.

And for $600, that's still the stumbling block for PS3
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Is there no information on if it's unified or not (in name, friends list, recent players, etc.)? If it's not unified and those features aren't unified then it's essentially PS2 online with the bells and whistles of XBL but without the one thing that makes XBL what it is, a Unified service.

That would still make XBL better by a large margin if it doesn't have unified services.

-DarthVader-

Still curious if there's a unified name, friends list, recent players, etc.

If someone doesn't answer by the 5th time why keep asking?

Because i want to know. If there isn't these features then i still don't see it on the same level as XBL despite the "virtual home" social area. I just want to know. :)

I suppose i'll just take the fact that no one is answering as a sign that none of the above are unified and XBL would still be superior due to it being an actual unified service. Heh.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#162 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
lets wait till it actually comes out and see how it works (what you have to pay for) we should all be skeptical about anything that sony promises before it's released.
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 -Pale
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think Sony just won the war....Ontain
lets wait till it actually comes out and see how it works (what you have to pay for) we should all be skeptical about anything that sony promises before it's released.

What do you think people have to pay for?
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="A2D"] [QUOTE="ILoveBeingDrunk"][QUOTE="A2D"] *Snip* neogeo419
Yes in other words Habbo Hotel with small minigames and better graphics :|.

Haha, talk about being overly critical. It's pretty clear that this is something that will be evolving quickly.

Also, this isn't something that is replacing the XMB friends list etc., you can jump into this virtual world when you want to.

Phil is also talking about having the Home Cinema show user-uploaded content, almost like Youtube.

I fail to see how people can be unimpressed with a free service that has as much potential as this...

Probably because it won't all be free.

According the the 1UP live blogging, it'll all be free with premium content like new furniture etc. So if you don't care how your place looks, you won't be paying a penny.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I really don't see a "virtual home" social area as winning the war either...which is about the only thing this has over XBL (if PSH is unified with a unified friends list, etc) other than price.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think Sony just won the war....-Pale

To custmize you have to buy certan things. Read the speech.
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#167 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
AS i've said in another thread, lets not get ahead of ourselves, this is a neat feature but Sony still need to deliver it with a moderate amount of success. They are the masters of Hype and do tend to lie a lot, nothings changed but hopefully the negativity towards the PS3 will decrease. They have won nothing.
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 A2D
Oh and in the trailer you can see a massive TV showing video, I'm sure they'll be showing ads on that to also help pay for the service.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

It says in the trailer that it's completly free except the bonus clothes for your avatar

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Why are people saying it won't be free? Nobody is forcing you to buy the inevitable new cool clothes etc. they'll obviously make and charge you for. They'll have a standard set of stuff, with everything else having a cost to it, I don't see a problem unless you really care about how your avatar looks.A2D
We'll you are in a sense making what you want people to perceive you as, In this Virtual World.  As silly as this may sound vanity will make people download the $3 Jordans or whatever Sneaker is hip at the time.  I mean think about the Possibilities of this..(Product Placement)...Let's get Nike on board,Tommy Hilfiger,Crate and Barrel,Polo,Honda,Etc all the big names in Fashion and Electronics....Don't you think many people will be Downloading the Nike Sneakers that just came out....Just so they won't be that Virtual guy running around with a pair of Virtual Generic Payless Shoe Source Sneakers.....LOL...I know it sounds silly, but it is the truth.  But like you said you do have the choice.
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 -Pale
[QUOTE="-Pale"][QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think Sony just won the war....Deihmos

So if I want those hot pants.. I'll have to buy them? There'll obviously be clothing and furniture for free.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Ontain
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think Sony just won the war....-Pale

well i read they mentioned apartment. and then stuff for your apartment. the music you want to play in your apartment etc. if all you get free is your character, 1 starting outfit and the lobby... well that's not very special.
Secretidentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Secretidentity
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="Secretidentity"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

PS Home is amazing.

Bread_or_Decide

LOL here we go again about the kiddy thing..How old are you mate?? Sony needs to come up with stuff of their own..They feed off Nintendo too much..

Haha this is better than Live?? Dont let the 3D avatars fool you..Lets wait till its fully in action to see what its capable off...

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Ontain
[QUOTE="-Pale"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="-Pale"] What do you think people have to pay for?

So if I want those hot pants.. I'll have to buy them? There'll obviously be clothing and furniture for free.

it's not obvious at all.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#177 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
Wow, well I always knew Sony had something up their sleeve, however this has baffled me. The Lemmings and sheep have been owned beyond the realms of ownage. The damage control in this thread is laughable.
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 A2D
[QUOTE="A2D"]Why are people saying it won't be free? Nobody is forcing you to buy the inevitable new cool clothes etc. they'll obviously make and charge you for. They'll have a standard set of stuff, with everything else having a cost to it, I don't see a problem unless you really care about how your avatar looks.Binski
We'll you are in a sense making what you want people to perceive you as, In this Virtual World.  As silly as this may sound vanity will make people download the $3 Jordans or whatever Sneaker is hip at the time.  I mean think about the Possibilities of this..(Product Placement)...Let's get Nike on board,Tommy Hilfiger,Crate and Barrel,Polo,Honda,Etc all the big names in Fashion and Electronics....Don't you think many people will be Downloading the Nike Sneakers that just came out....Just so they won't be that Virtual guy running around with a pair of Virtual Generic Payless Shoe Source Sneakers.....LOL...I know it sounds silly, but it is the truth.  But like you said you do have the choice.

Yeah I know, I hope people pay for this stuff so that the service is a sucess but claiming it isn't free when Sony isn't making you pay for the content is a bit silly in my opinion :P People happily spend money for "Gold" in games like WoW, the same will apply here.
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 -Pale
[QUOTE="-Pale"][QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think Sony just won the war....Ontain

well i read they mentioned apartment. and then stuff for your apartment. the music you want to play in your apartment etc. if all you get free is your character, 1 starting outfit and the lobby... well that's not very special.

So if you get a free character with loads of clothing already available, a free apartment and from the sounds of things you can play music that's ALREADY on your PS3 hard drive along with videos. So you don't need to download them. I really doubt they'll make you pay for a room.
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
so its like a ps version of mii's... with online... i wonder who gave them that idea... :roll:
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 neogeo419
Wow, well I always knew Sony had something up their sleeve, however this has baffled me. The Lemmings and sheep have been owned beyond the realms of ownage. The damage control in this thread is laughable.
gingerdivid
So are most of your posts.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Wow, well I always knew Sony had something up their sleeve, however this has baffled me. The Lemmings and sheep have been owned beyond the realms of ownage. The damage control in this thread is laughable.
Jandurin
Is this service available for use right now?

Nope, I am sure HL2 mods will see me through the pain. :)
FreedomReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 FreedomReign
Member since 2006 • 1178 Posts

Got to give it up to Sony. Thank god they finally took the gloves off, and showed up in a BIG way. Right before the Euro launch too.

M$ must be pissing themselves. For $50 a year I expect all that and then some. Forget that for $50 I want dedicated servers for every game, I want to be able to meet new people outside the game environment, I want to show off my gaming finess, movies, music... I want ... Home. Why am I paying for Live, when Home is so much better? (potentially)

All Sony needs to do is put a rumble pad in that $600 box, and add some 'adult' rooms to those Home theatres, and they've got themselves another cow.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#186 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
I really don't see what's the big deal with PSHome...
SyinnX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 SyinnX
Member since 2005 • 839 Posts
It kinda reminds me of "The Island", live life in a small city till you die. lol. Just playing it looked nice, I liked how it is, and the fun part about it that you could go from talking with your friends into a game with them just like that. Thats what intrested me the most about it, but the whole home thing. You know setup, and everything else kinda reminds me of NFL 2K sports. Where you organize your place, but it looked nice. I just hope that wasnt the big "bang", cause if it was it wont live long. Sony needs to show something else, make me happy and say that they are going to lower the price (even tho that wont happen supposedly for 2 more years).
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 A2D

(From NeoGAF) SIXAXIS Bowling > Wii Bowling? :D
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 -Pale
[QUOTE="-Pale"]from the sounds of things you can play music that's ALREADY on your PS3 hard drive along with videos. So you don't need to download them.Jandurin
That would be cool. Somehow I doubt it will work that way.

I'll watch the trailer again.... Too busy fapping over LBP right now..
MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MattBrian
Member since 2004 • 625 Posts

Got to give it up to Sony. Thank god they finally took the gloves off, and showed up in a BIG way. Right before the Euro launch too.

M$ must be pissing themselves. For $50 a year I expect all that and then some. Forget that for $50 I want dedicated servers for every game, I want to be able to meet new people outside the game environment, I want to show off my gaming finess, movies, music... I want ... Home. Why am I paying for Live, when Home is so much better? (potentially)

All Sony needs to do is put a rumble pad in that $600 box, and add some 'adult' rooms to those Home theatres, and they've got themselves another cow.

FreedomReign

you may be able to do so via media on the hard drive, i may be wrong but i think you could do that
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 neogeo419

(From NeoGAF) SIXAXIS Bowling > Wii Bowling? :D A2D
You have played it huh.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 gingerdivid
Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 axt113

(From NeoGAF) SIXAXIS Bowling > Wii Bowling? :D A2D
I'd rather play bowling on Wii any day
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

All Sony needs to do is put a rumble pad in that $600 box, and add some 'adult' rooms to those Home theatres, and they've got themselves another cow.

FreedomReign
"adult rooms" :lol: Now that you've siad that it'll be impossible to escape teh pr0nz... :P
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 A2D
[QUOTE="A2D"]*Snip*
(From NeoGAF) SIXAXIS Bowling > Wii Bowling? :D neogeo419
You have played it huh.

Only a joke :P Little Big Planet looks like a lot of fun. Anyway, going to watch Champions League football, nice job Sony in my opinion.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#197 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

Wow.  I must say, that is the FIRST thing I've seen from the PS3 compelling/interesting enough for me to consider buying a PS3.  Blu-Ray doesn't excite me nor do any of the PS3 exclusive games excite me enough to drop $600; but this is really pretty cool.  Don't know if its $600-cool, but at least Sony is doing something innovative and reaching out to the communtiy.  Kudos.

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
OMG GIVE SONY THE CREDIT. KO PUNCH TO XBOX LIVE AND MII's IF THIS IS TRUE. GO SONY. SHOW YOUR INNOVATION!!! OMG this is amazing, couldn't be a better time to be a PS3 ownder. DID YOU SEE THAT. You can go to the virtual arcade and movie theater and share anything on your ps3's hard drive with others over virtual tv's and stereos!!!!!
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 -Pale
'If you've got photo's music or videos stored on your PS3 Hard Drive you can share them here with virtual screens or virtual stereos' Yup...
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Ontain

(From NeoGAF) SIXAXIS Bowling > Wii Bowling? :D A2D
ugh. did you even imagine how it would feel to bowl with the sixaxis? not to mention no strap so hdtv's beware.