Official NPD Results for Jan - PS4 dominates.(KEEP IT HERE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

seems abt right .... still both consoles dun have systems sellers just yet ... in fact, I think these numbers are very high for their value.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#352  Edited By Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
@blue_hazy_basic said:

You think the PS4 will sell twice what the XB1 does? Wow. Thats beyond brave.

I think with the shortages for the PS4 and plentiful XB1's around the MS machine will maintain its lead in NPD sales for Jan. Lets say 400k for XB1 and 350 for PS4.

^^ Confirmed to be Michael Pachter's account

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#353  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@StrongBlackVine: lol so true

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@I_can_haz said:

@nyzma23 said:

here is the leak on neogaf

270K < PS4 < 272K

140K < Xbox One < 142K

48K < Wii U < 50K

if it's true then consoles are doom both ps4 and xbone have decline sales significantly the launch hype now gone ,you can agree or not but this is the last generation of consoles mobile are taking over

Nice fanboy spin you got there. Dropped numbers couldn't be due to the fact that both consoles had the most successful launches in history, no they have to be due to consoles going extinct lol. Such an idiotic statement especially when you consider the highest selling game of all time was GTAV, a console game that released last holiday season no less. Don't quit your day job.

The PS4 is outperforming the PS3 at the same point in its lifecycle, which makes him even more wrong.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 lglz1337

@Sushiglutton: lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

LOL!! No. If that makes you feel better at night. None of those sales profits are going into my pocket or yours. lol!! Sony will need even more sales just to say in business. So this isn't a bad thing for anyone who owns a PS4.

This one show your damage even more,you are not helping your case...lol

@R3FURBISHED said:

Nice rant, but it doesn't really answer my question.

In November 2013:

• Xbox One sold 909,132 (in nine days)
  • PS4 sold at least 909,133 (in 15 days)

In December 2013:

• Xbox One sold ~908K
  • PS4 sold ~860K

In January 2014:

• Xbox One sold ~146k
  • PS4 sold ~271k

___

That is a MASSIVE reduction in sales in one month after two months of unbelievable sales numbers. I am wondering if this trend will continue or if this is only isolated to January.

Sony sold 1 million in 24 hours in November it was over 1 million in November,and they were out of units to sell,for basically the rest of the month,it is no secret in fact MS was mock for saying they were the fastest selling console in November because they spread the numbers between 9 days,and if you split 1+ million between 15 the PS4 seem like it sold slower,but the fact is the PS4 outsold the xbox one in November and sold 1 million in 24 hours it took MS 10 days to sell 1 million in US.

in December MS sold 40K more even that sony was heavily supply constrained,sony sold every single unit it could make,meanwhile MS had 900k units that went unsold in December,and still has 757k collecting dust in stores,again the PS4 is sell out every where.

And this last number show the real picture of what is happening,the PS4 with a severe shortage outsold the xbox one by almost double numbers,when the xbox one can be found every where,people are not going for the xbox one.

The reduction for sony is based on they not having enough units,MS has 900k units in the channel and only sold 143k which show the situation isn't even close,sony is selling every thing it make,if they had 500k they would have sold it,the stores are empty,this is not the same for the xbox one.

@R3FURBISHED said:

"at least 909,133"

Where did I say they didn't? The reason I put "at least" is because the source I looked at said Sony did not release their November 2013 sales numbers.

___

Even so, my question still remains unanswered. Is this MASSIVE reduction in sales a sign of things to come or an isolated incident in a slow month?

They didn't have to,to beat MS November numbers,in fact Sony sold 1 million in 24 hours it was reported every where,it is the reason why MS was so mock for saying they had the fastest selling console in November..lol

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Blackace, Kuu2, xhawk, tigahman, WilliamRBaker....this month's for you. And all the lesser lems.

Special shout out to KBFloyd as the Wii U clocked around 50K the entire month and the 3DS is dying too.

lol except I don't own an xbox Done or a ps4 lol blackvine showing you are an idiot on a monthly basis doesn't it fatigue you?

Doesn't stop you from coming from time to time with a huge damage control and own your self trying to defend the one,like you have done the last couple of times..hahaha

The banish again to your cave for a week or so..lol

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#357 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic

Come out! you were proven wrong.

Admit defeat :D

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#358 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@tormentos said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

In November 2013:

In December 2013:

• Xbox One sold ~908K
  • PS4 sold ~860K

In January 2014:

• Xbox One sold ~146k
  • PS4 sold ~271k

___

That is a MASSIVE reduction in sales in one month after two months of unbelievable sales numbers. I am wondering if this trend will continue or if this is only isolated to January.

Sony sold 1 million in 24 hours in November it was over 1 million in November,and they were out of units to sell,for basically the rest of the month,it is no secret in fact MS was mock for saying they were the fastest selling console in November because they spread the numbers between 9 days,and if you split 1+ million between 15 the PS4 seem like it sold slower,but the fact is the PS4 outsold the xbox one in November and sold 1 million in 24 hours it took MS 10 days to sell 1 million in US.

in December MS sold 40K more even that sony was heavily supply constrained,sony sold every single unit it could make,meanwhile MS had 900k units that went unsold in December,and still has 757k collecting dust in stores,again the PS4 is sell out every where.

And this last number show the real picture of what is happening,the PS4 with a severe shortage outsold the xbox one by almost double numbers,when the xbox one can be found every where,people are not going for the xbox one.

The reduction for sony is based on they not having enough units,MS has 900k units in the channel and only sold 143k which show the situation isn't even close,sony is selling every thing it make,if they had 500k they would have sold it,the stores are empty,this is not the same for the xbox one.

I don't care who sells more, who sells less, who has the better games, who has the highest rated games.

All I am wondering is if this stupendous drop in sales is indicative of things to come.
And for all these people who are blaming supply constraints: How does a supply constraint differ from a lack of demand? If the item is not there to be bought its the same as no one wanting to buy it (same outcome that is).

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By lglz1337

@R3FURBISHED: DAMAGE CONTROL MORE LADY

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Blackace, Kuu2, xhawk, tigahman, WilliamRBaker....this month's for you. And all the lesser lems.

Special shout out to KBFloyd as the Wii U clocked around 50K the entire month and the 3DS is dying too.

lol except I don't own an xbox Done or a ps4 lol blackvine showing you are an idiot on a monthly basis doesn't it fatigue you?

you are the only one who comes, posts something incredibly stupid then disappear while people laugh at you, then comes back later to repeat. You are one of the biggest jokes around.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@iloveatlus said:

http://gearnuke.com/ps4-leads-sales-almost-every-ea-title-peter-moore-gets-trolled-titanfall-twitter/

ROFL. EA is probably crying over the destruction Xbone received from PS4. They bet on the wrong horse again. Meanwhile Bungie and Activision are licking their lips thinking about all the money they'll make with Destiny on PS4.

Destiny will be flop of the year. That is my call.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 tormentos

@R3FURBISHED said:

I don't care who sells more, who sells less, who has the better games, who has the highest rated games.

All I am wondering is if this stupendous drop in sales is indicative of things to come.

And for all these people who are blaming supply constraints: How does a supply constraint differ from a lack of demand? If the item is not there to be bought its the same as no one wanting to buy it (same outcome that is).

Because lack of demand will make you product sell like sh**,and it will continue to sell like sh** because the demand is low.

The product that is supply constrain in this case the PS4 has a very high demand,so the manufacturer can't make enough to meed the demand,which imply that once the company can make enough units to keep with the demand,the products sales will be high.

The xbox one had 900k for January and only 143k were sold that is less than a quart of the units MS ship if the next 3 month MS sales don't step up in may MS will have like 250K from those 900k units still.

The fact that sony sold almost double on a month were every one did horrible says it all,even more when they were supply constrained,the PS4 outsold the Wii U,xbox 360 and xbox one combined...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@blackace said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Congrats to Sony on their dominating sales for Jan in U.S.

Looking forward to Infamous SS In March. No more delays please.

Is ok to cry man is ok..

Why would I be crying? lol!! Unlike yourself, I own the next-gen systems. When are you going to buy yours. lol!! I would still like to see all the numbers for ALL the systems. As long as systems are selling, games are being made.

Dem tears.

LOL!! No. If that makes you feel better at night. None of those sales profits are going into my pocket or yours. lol!! Sony will need even more sales just to say in business. So this isn't a bad thing for anyone who owns a PS4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@R3FURBISHED

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#365 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Wow good for Sony, honestly I thought January would be tough for them with constraints and in the beginning of the month could barely find any! Hopefully this excels Sony to double down on games this gen!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@iloveatlus said:

http://gearnuke.com/ps4-leads-sales-almost-every-ea-title-peter-moore-gets-trolled-titanfall-twitter/

ROFL. EA is probably crying over the destruction Xbone received from PS4. They bet on the wrong horse again. Meanwhile Bungie and Activision are licking their lips thinking about all the money they'll make with Destiny on PS4.

I don't think it will flop sales of score wise..

Also can you check in lemming central if Stormy Joe,King Tito and sts106mats are ok.? I haven't see them may have to put a suicide watch for them,specially StormyJoe which hyped those 900k as sold because retailers pay for them..lol

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

you are the only one who comes, posts something incredibly stupid then disappear while people laugh at you, then comes back later to repeat. You are one of the biggest jokes around.

Everyone remember his TR gravy thread?

This William guy is a joke.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 tormentos

@Solid_Max13 said:

Wow good for Sony, honestly I thought January would be tough for them with constraints and in the beginning of the month could barely find any! Hopefully this excels Sony to double down on games this gen!

Yep look at my prediction i actually predicted that MS would out sold them by 80k,380k vs 300k,sony was close to 300k,but MS wasn't even half way there.

MS has some serious problems now,and i think a kinectless xbox one is a given this may or June the latest,it also how why MS was offering $100 for PS3 and xbox 360,after the initial bunch the sales dropped like a stone and that is US which MS best territory...

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Once, TLHBO.

What's new?!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#370 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

There should be numbers for europe aswell, i think it is destroying it there

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#371  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Godny slays January?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@iloveatlus said:

I guess that means it will be GOTY considering how wrong you were with about your Xbone call.

@R3FURBISHED said:

@tormentos said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

In November 2013:

In December 2013:

• Xbox One sold ~908K
  • PS4 sold ~860K

In January 2014:

• Xbox One sold ~146k
  • PS4 sold ~271k

___

Dat damage control.....

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts

I wish Sony could supply more. Thier demand is just to ducking much.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

Lemmings are so fucking dumb they think the Xbone sold more games last month rather than the "Xbox Family"

Learn to read your own press releases, you cretins.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 I_can_haz

@Desmonic said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

..... Are you serious?....

I'm afraid he is. Some people really are that delusional.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lemmings are so fucking dumb they think the Xbone sold more games last month rather than the "Xbox Family"

The fact that you call anyone else "fucking dumb" almost made me fall out of my chair in laughter.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Sweenix said:

@blue_hazy_basic

Come out! you were proven wrong.

Admit defeat :D

You're slow, I already did!

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

I think with the shortages for the PS4 and plentiful XB1's around the MS machine will maintain its lead in NPD sales for Jan. Lets say 400k for XB1 and 350 for PS4.

^^ Confirmed to be Michael Pachter's account

I was pretty close with the PS numbers, never did I think that the XB1's numbers would be THAT bad.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 tormentos

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yep MS joined the 360 game sales in order to make seen like the xbox one games sold more..hahaha

After flaming sony for joining PS2 and PS3 games,now lemmings are ok with MS joining sales and ok with hidden numbers...hahaha

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The fact that you call anyone else "fucking dumb" almost made me fall out of my chair in laughter.

Rich coming from someone who can't tell the difference between an info dump and an active beta.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

When have Lemmings ever paid attention to their own press releases? This whole power of the cloud/they actually are the same/secret sauce/teh ESRAM arguments all stem from the fact they didn't pay attention to the goddamn system architects when they said that they didn't target game performance when creating the fucking thing.

Derp!

The rest is history.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hey dude i told you so like 10 times didn't i.?

So now that MS didn't even sold 1 quart of the units it had in retailers channels in January,how much do you think they will continue to ship.?

Retailers will not keep buying units if the xbox one isn't flying from retailers 143k is a joke,considering the PS4 had a severe shortage and was out of units for half of January and still they basically double MS which doesn't have supply issues since December.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#384 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's amazing how Sony is both, at the top and at the bottom of the chart.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hey dude i told you so like 10 times didn't i.?

So now that MS didn't even sold 1 quart of the units it had in retailers channels in January,how much do you think they will continue to ship.?

Retailers will not keep buying units if the xbox one isn't flying from retailers 143k is a joke,considering the PS4 had a severe shortage and was out of units for half of January and still they basically double MS which doesn't have supply issues since December.

No, you said that they had 900K sitting on the shelves, and I said that wasn't true. Now, if they reduce production, then they obviously have a demand issue that will need to be addressed.

You look at the XB1's numbers and say "it's a failure". I look at it's numbers and say "it's a success, just not as big of one as the PS4".

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Rich coming from someone who can't tell the difference between an info dump and an active beta.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hither.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 I_can_haz
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hither.

lol owned.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

It has begun.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

No, you said that they had 900K sitting on the shelves, and I said that wasn't true. Now, if they reduce production, then they obviously have a demand issue that will need to be addressed.

You look at the XB1's numbers and say "it's a failure". I look at it's numbers and say "it's a success, just not as big of one as the PS4".

Yes and they were,proven by this month NPD most are still sitting in on shelves.

You claimed 3.9 million as sold and accounted 900k which were sold to retailers and that still were on shelves,MS shipped up to the end of december 3.9 million and from those only 3 million sold 900k were left and from those 900 only 143k were sold so yeah the retail chain is full with xbox ones.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Yes and they were,proven by this month NPD most are still sitting in on shelves.

You claimed 3.9 million as sold and accounted 900k which were sold to retailers and that still were on shelves,MS shipped up to the end of december 3.9 million and from those only 3 million sold 900k were left and from those 900 only 143k were sold so yeah the retail chain is full with xbox ones.

You may be right. Time will tell, I guess.

Eisen_Howl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By Eisen_Howl
Member since 2014 • 83 Posts

@Desmonic: @I_can_haz: @tormentos: @lglz1337:

Guys, R3FERBUSHED doesn't even know the definition of STUPENDOUS.

And i quote:

"All I am wondering is if this stupendous drop in sales is indicative of things to come.

And for all these people who are blaming supply constraints: How does a supply constraint differ from a lack of demand?"

I sincerely doubt he even understands the basic on-goings of economics, let alone the basics of business.

Let's just take it easy on the poor fella, he probably forgot to have his alphabet lettered cereal for breakfast :/

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#393  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@HiraiKazuo said:

@xhawk27 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@xhawk27 said:

Like last gen the higher price console isn't going to outsell a lower price console. It's going to catch up once it is at the same price point.

But the PS3 outsold the 360 despite being double the price for 2 years.

no, no it didn't.

Of course, you're in denial

i dont think it outsold ms at launch except maybe japan. one thing though is from what i remembered, the ps3 was actually selling at a FASTER rate than 360 worldwide. how else would it have caught up despite the 16month headstart from ms?

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Over seven million sold in less than two months for the PS4 and Xbox One and less than 400k in January. I'm very curious to see if the unprecedented sales of the two new consoles continue or if they come back down to Earth as January would indicate.

X1 will be dead water next month, ps4 would easily more than double its sales. No way they can compete costing $100 more. Ps4 is practically sold out and still almost doubled x1 sales, titanfall aint gona do sh%t. If ps2 or wii hadnt been supply constrained they would have sold much more than both

In November 2013:

In December 2013:

• Xbox One sold ~908K
  • PS4 sold ~860K

In January 2014:

• Xbox One sold ~146k
  • PS4 sold ~271k

___

ps4 sold over a million in november....shit it did a million in the first 24 hours.....fix ur numbers bro

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hahahahaha!

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

System Wars is over.

Lems have nothing going for them.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

lol it sucks to be wrong doesnt it? ps4 almost outsold the xbone 2:1 with the supply constraint

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By lglz1337

@StormyJoe: lmao xbone sales a succesgahaha

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 StormyJoe

@lglz1337 said:

@StormyJoe: lmao xbone sales a succesgahaha

I have said before, I thing the PS4 will outsell (month to month) the XB1 through at least this summer. So, these numbers do not exactly bother me.

So, go a head and troll. Enjoy your moment in the sun. God help you if the XB1 starts outselling the PS4...

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#400 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

this board is devoid of logic

Xbox 360 outsells Ps3 consistently by 2-1 month after month, year after year=Ps3 is gonna be okay

Ps4 outsells Xbone 2-1 ONCE= Xbone is doomed

As i said before, the PS3 had rubbish sales to begin with, NO AAAE title in it's first year was more expensive than the 360 but it still ended up catching up to the 360 and being a successful console.