Official NPD Results for Jan - PS4 dominates.(KEEP IT HERE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (4607 posts) -

1. Xbox One: 880,000

2. PS4: 690,000

Other consoles are meh to even keep track of.

#52 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15593 posts) -

When are the real numbers coming out?

NPD will be released on Thursday. Microsoft and Sony typically respond with some spin, e.g "Most Consoles sold for one week in November!" There will typically be leaks so we can see a more accurate picture of the results.

#53 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2194 posts) -

I have no idea. It's been a slow month and I've heard no whining about not being able to find Quads, so I'll give a slight edge to it.

#54 Posted by tormentos (15291 posts) -

last month hardly any lems made predictions, i commend kuu and shawn for speaking out for their fellow nitwits, so please lems make some damn predictions so i can own u

things to take into considerations for jan predictions: ps4 supply, jan is usually slow month the current record holder is wii which sold around 600k. usually consoles face a drop off of around 60-70% in sales in jan

december 2013 results, u may use this for reference (~ means estimates):

1. 3DS - ~ 1.1m

2. XB1 - 908K

3. PS4 - ~860K

4. 360 - 643K

5. WIU - 481K

6. PS3 - 299K

7. WII - ?

8. PSV - ~95K

my prediction is ps4 sold around 450k and x1 sold 200k. wii u? who give a sh%t

npd numbers will be released on 13 feb, if i am free i will update this thread with those numbers

I say 380K xbox one 300K PS4 wii 80k...

#55 Posted by tormentos (15291 posts) -

The XB1 sold more than the PS4 in December. Google "NPD December 2013", and pick any article.

48k more even that the PS4 was heavily supply constrained,and 900k went unsold for the xbox while sony did a complete sell out.

#56 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4235 posts) -

I'm betting that x1 sold a little more than ps4, since they haven't been very available.

#57 Posted by Nike_Air (18135 posts) -

I added up 3 weeks of vgchartz's numbers , and then speculated on the last week. I came up with -

• PS4 - 250k
  • XB1 - 222k

See guys , next-gen is going to crash. The Wii-U was living proof.

#58 Posted by Pray_to_me (2466 posts) -

xbone by a few k due to PS4 shortage.

#59 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (2395 posts) -

come on people 1 day to go, we need more predictions from people. STEP UP!!

#60 Posted by finalstar2007 (24173 posts) -

yawn dont care

all i want is to buy a freaking PS4 but i cant find one anywhere i mean its almost March wtf Sony?.. im tired of seeing xbox ones available almost everywhere while no PS4's around.

#61 Posted by kuu2 (6403 posts) -

My numbers:

350k The One

200k The PauperStation 4

Just don't see the consoles coming close to what they did over the holidays.

#62 Posted by stereointegrity (10529 posts) -

Where are the numbers

#63 Posted by kuu2 (6403 posts) -

Where are the numbers

The same place as your predictions............not here.

#64 Posted by Zassimick (5991 posts) -

Here's my prediction: Although we have this thread, I predict a new thread will be created with the results by someone who wants to be topic creator. :P

On topic, I don't follow sales enough to know how it has been going for consoles. Is Sony still having problems getting consoles on the market? I'd say the numbers will be close between PS4 and Xbox One and Wii U will have more sales than it has previously but not by much.

#65 Posted by kuu2 (6403 posts) -

Those would be amazing numbers for both consoles in a January. I just don't see it happening though.

#66 Posted by bforrester420 (683 posts) -

Unless Sony has diverted PS4 stock to other regions, I would venture to guess that PS4 sales will be roughly the same as December, considering they're still nowhere to be found.

Assuming production is the same and they're stocking up for the Japan release, I'd say PS4 drops 20% from December. Xbone and Wiiu I won't hazard a guess.

#67 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15593 posts) -

Sure, let's play:

Playstation 4: 375K

Wii U: 55K

Xbox One: 320K

Playstation sold every unit they shipped to North America, so the only question is, how many were they able to ship and still keep the rest of the world supplied?

#68 Edited by BigBoss255 (3537 posts) -

No way that the Bone outsold PS4. I'll bet my account on it.

#69 Edited by blackace (18466 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786: Not sure where you got the PS3 & PS4 numbers from, as Sony never released any U.S. figures for Dec 2013. We do know that XBox 360 outsold PS3 and XB1 outsold the PS4.

from gaff. ps4 still holds the lead in us and we know how much it sold at launch and have worldwide figueres so estimating how much it sold last month isnt really too hard

So, not from Sony? That's what I thought. Let's see if they actually provide the numbers this time around.

Lems, cows, and sheep will defend their purchase choice no matter what happens. Hermits will take jabs at the consolites. That's my predictions.

The only prediction that is 100% accurate. At least on SW it is.

#70 Posted by lhughey (4159 posts) -

@kuu2 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Those would be amazing numbers for both consoles in a January. I just don't see it happening though.

I agree. I'm predicting 400k for the Bone, 370k for PS4.

#71 Edited by kuu2 (6403 posts) -

@BigBoss255 said:

No way that the Bone outsold PS4. I'll bet my account on it.

You do realize that The One outsold it last month?????

Careful someone might take you up on your bet.

I do appreciate the passion though.

#72 Posted by BigBoss255 (3537 posts) -

@kuu2: Yea I know.

After Christmas pricing becomes more elastic so I expect Bone sales to see the greater drop off. Now the hardcore have snapped them up, I expect PS4 to have the greater mainstream appeal because of its price.

Also, PS4 was out of stock in December but it's been more stable in January. On top of that, I saw a tweet from an industry insider who said MS had a poor January.

#73 Edited by stereointegrity (10529 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@stereointegrity said:

Where are the numbers

The same place as your predictions............not here.

dont really have any...just going off what that one analyst said

#74 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (4607 posts) -

Xbox one. 880,000

PS4 690,000

Bookmark it, calling it, quote me.

#75 Posted by GamingGod999 (2723 posts) -

They'll all sell more than one unit.

#76 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2395 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786: Not sure where you got the PS3 & PS4 numbers from, as Sony never released any U.S. figures for Dec 2013. We do know that XBox 360 outsold PS3 and XB1 outsold the PS4.

from gaff. ps4 still holds the lead in us and we know how much it sold at launch and have worldwide figueres so estimating how much it sold last month isnt really too hard

So, not from Sony? That's what I thought. Let's see if they actually provide the numbers this time around.

@hoyalawya said:

Lems, cows, and sheep will defend their purchase choice no matter what happens. Hermits will take jabs at the consolites. That's my predictions.

have u got more accurate numbers? if not stfu, sony never release npd numbers so the best we can work with are estimates based on the data they release. even m$ numbers are estimates, u think they sold 909k on the dot? haha

#77 Posted by tormentos (15291 posts) -

last call for NPD prediction...

I still stand by mine..

380K xbox one,300K PS4 and wii 80k...

#78 Posted by chikenfriedrice (8613 posts) -

X1- 290K

PS4- 270K

WiiU- 50K

#79 Posted by Shewgenja (6836 posts) -

Man, I really can't wait for this. If Playstation even just matches or is a little behind XBone in the US this month, it means it will be destroying it globally.

#80 Edited by StrongBlackVine (7798 posts) -

@tormentos said:

I still stand by mine..

An 80K lead for Xbox One. You be assuming Sony is diverting a lot of stock to Japan?

#81 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2395 posts) -

@tormentos said:

I still stand by mine..

An 80K lead for Xbox One. You be assuming Sony is diverting a lot of stock to Japan?

it would seem tormentos mind has been poisoned and he has abandoned the brotherhood, this act of treachery shall not go unpunished.

#82 Posted by I_can_haz (5700 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@tormentos said:

I still stand by mine..

it would seem tormentos mind has been poisoned and he has abandoned the brotherhood, this act of treachery shall not go unpunished.

Savior Kaz will be informed of this.

#83 Posted by kuu2 (6403 posts) -

Cows predicting a win for The One in NA. Sad times are ahead.

Titanfall Cometh!!!

#84 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9325 posts) -

PS4 - 800K, Xbox One - 650K

EDIT - I done goofed. The numbers above are WW numbers, not NA.

#85 Posted by Desmonic (10340 posts) -

So when does the fun start?

#86 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (11050 posts) -

It's gonna be bad for nintendo, followed by MS, with Sony leading.

#87 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (26705 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

So when does the fun start?

couple of hrs according to the title

#88 Edited by AppleFan1991 (2916 posts) -

Xbox One: 475k

PS4: 400k

Sales will be down from December because of the holidays. People looking for 850k in sales are probably wishfully thinking.

#89 Edited by lundy86_4 (41641 posts) -

300-400k range for both. I expect the PS4 to be ahead.

#90 Edited by blackace (18466 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@hoyalawya said:

have u got more accurate numbers? if not stfu, sony never release npd numbers so the best we can work with are estimates based on the data they release. even m$ numbers are estimates, u think they sold 909k on the dot? haha

Microsoft numbers are more accurate then yours. You're just taking a wild guess and hoping you're close. No, I don't have any numbers for PS4 & PS3. I'll wait for the real numbers.

#91 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2395 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@hoyalawya said:

Microsoft numbers are more accurate then yours. You're just taking a wild guess and hoping you're close. No, I don't have any numbers for PS4 & PS3. I'll wait for the real numbers.

i didnt come up with those numbers, the sony numbers im quoting were agreed on by neogaff who have members with inside information, its also not hard to calculate the numbers anyway. u keep waiting for those numbers though, sony hasnt relesed platform specific numbers in years

#92 Edited by Desmonic (10340 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic: Thanks buddy! :) I know the Ninty Direct is just some 20-ish minutes away, so this should be fun follow-up hehe :P

#93 Posted by TwistedShade (2982 posts) -

While I really don't care about sales I do hope the Xbox One is doing well, I'll consider it a disappointment if it's under like 300k or if the PS4 has like a 200k lead.

Really want to see how the Wii U is holding up and if the 3DS is dominating.

#94 Edited by HiraiKazuo (289 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised PS4 outsold it by 100k+

#95 Edited by lglz1337 (1773 posts) -

Xbone got luck ps4 is out of stock

#96 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

https://twitter.com/livesquawk/status/434099180705832960

#97 Posted by TwistedShade (2982 posts) -

Mixed signals here.

https://twitter.com/livesquawk/status/434099180705832960 PS4 Here. Then

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-january-npd?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter Xbox here.

#98 Edited by TwistedShade (2982 posts) -

Nevermind, Microsoft's is touting software sales which is making me think the PS4 has indeed won January.

#99 Edited by chikenfriedrice (8613 posts) -

https://twitter.com/livesquawk/status/434099180705832960

Probably true otherwise Major Nelson would have spoke up sooner lol

#100 Edited by IMPrimeTime247 (31 posts) -