Official NPD Results for Jan - PS4 dominates.(KEEP IT HERE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4669 posts) -

last month hardly any lems made predictions, i commend kuu and shawn for speaking out for their fellow nitwits, so please lems make some damn predictions so i can own u

things to take into considerations for jan predictions: ps4 supply, jan is usually slow month the current record holder is wii which sold around 600k. usually consoles face a drop off of around 60-70% in sales in jan

december 2013 results, u may use this for reference (~ means estimates):

1. 3DS - ~ 1.1m

2. XB1 - 908K

3. PS4 - ~860K

4. 360 - 643K

5. WIU - 481K

6. PS3 - 299K

7. WII - ?

8. PSV - ~95K

my prediction is ps4 sold around 450k and x1 sold 200k. wii u? who give a sh%t

jan 2014 results: (lems owned)

Combined sales for the PS4 and PlayStation 3, surpassed all other platforms in January, Sony said. PS4 + PS3 > everyone else combined (might not include handhelds)

1. ps4 ~ 271 (supple constrained)

2. x1 ~ 143k

3. 3ds ~ 70k

4. Ps3 ~ 53.5k

5. wii u ~ 49k (wii fit u sold ~15k)

6. X360 ~ 48k

7. Wii ~ 20k

8. Ps vita ~ 10k

(Thanks to nike air for list, ps3sold more than x360 confirmed which is very suprising)

for comparison the xbox 360 sold 249k in jan 2006 and PS3 managed 244k in the US in it's first Jan. comparing the sales drop of x1 to wiiu, its not looking good

Wii U Dec 2012 (460k) > Jan 2013 (57k) = -88% drop.

X1 Dec 2013 (908k) > Jan 2014 (145k) = -84% drop.

US total for ps4 = 2.27m

US total for x1 = 1.95m

what will lems cling to next? place your bets people

software sales: (cod selling more on x1 is interesting)

January PS4 software - 571,200

January Xbox One software - 486,000

#2 Edited by StormyJoe (5387 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

last month hardly any lems made predictions, i commend kuu and shawn for speaking out for their fellow nitwits, so please lems make some damn predictions so i can own u

sales for december 2013:

1. 3DS - ?

2. XB1 - 908K

3. PS4 - ~860K

4. 360 - 643K

5. WIU - 481K

6. PS3 - 299K

7. WII - ?

8. PSV - ~95K

things to take into considerations: ps4 supply, jan is usually slow month the current record holder is wii which sold around 600k. usually consoles face a drop off of around 60-70% in sales in jan

my prediction is ps4 sold around 450k and x1 sold 200k

Did you mean to predict January, and mislabeled it as December, or are those supposed to be Decembers numbers for reference (if so, they are wrong).

#3 Edited by Chutebox (37232 posts) -

Your predictions are way too high. Wii u 100k. Ps4 450k and as X1 about the same

Oh, my bad. Read op wrong

#4 Posted by lglz1337 (3778 posts) -

ps4 800.000 Xbone 99 hundred

#5 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4669 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

sales for december 2013:

1. 3DS - ?

2. XB1 - 908K

3. PS4 - ~860K

4. 360 - 643K

5. WIU - 481K

6. PS3 - 299K

7. WII - ?

8. PSV - ~95K

things to take into considerations: ps4 supply, jan is usually slow month the current record holder is wii which sold around 600k. usually consoles face a drop off of around 60-70% in sales in jan

Did you mean to predict January, and mislabeled it as December, or are those supposed to be Decembers numbers for reference (if so, they are wrong).

those are december sales and no they are not wrong

#6 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27786 posts) -

You think the PS4 will sell twice what the XB1 does? Wow. Thats beyond brave.

I think with the shortages for the PS4 and plentiful XB1's around the MS machine will maintain its lead in NPD sales for Jan. Lets say 400k for XB1 and 350 for PS4.

#7 Edited by Shewgenja (9295 posts) -

IF the PS4 starts outselling the XBone again, then we will know it was supply constrained in December and people waited to get one rather than purchase an XBone on time for the holidays. So, in a way, January is more important in terms of judging the health and sustainability of the PS4 hype than December was.

I'm actually not making a prediction for this month. Not because I want to avoid ownage, but because this could honestly swing one way or the other. The pros for the XBone is that America did vote overwhelmingly with their wallets for the 360 last generation and it is possible that the branding has staying power in that market. On the other hand, it's just as likely that the XBone has fulfilled much of its demand in that market in the face of a PS4 onslaught that there simply was not enough supply for in December and could splash into January.

This will likely be the most interesting NPD in a long time. There is no way of denying or downplaying the US markets influence on gaming when it comes to developer and publisher support in the long-term. I'd wager that a lot of western developers haven't decided to weigh in on future software plans until seeing the same information.

#8 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4669 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Your predictions are way too high. Wii u 100k. Ps4 450k and as X1 about the same

i predict 450k for ps4 too, those numbers are sales from december

#9 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I don't have much faith in the US because it is filled with Justine Bieber fans and those are automatically xboners but I have a filling real gaming will finally win in that country because, hopefully, many people have grown up, adquired taste and increased their IQs since last gen.

#10 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

Are we not like...5 days away from the NPD report? Isn't this a bit too soon TC? :P

Anyway, I expect the 3DS to be on top, followed by the X1, followed by the PS4, then whatever(these don't really matter), followed by the Vita and WiiU fighting for the last place.

#11 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4669 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Are we not like...5 days away from the NPD report? Isn't this a bit too soon TC? :P

Anyway, I expect the 3DS to be on top, followed by the X1, followed by the PS4, then whatever(these don't really matter), followed by the Vita and WiiU fighting for the last place.

i made it earlier this time so people are given more time to make predictions, hardly anyone made any last time. we are 3 days away

#12 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

I predict lots of lems will be sitting down and popping a bottle of cheap value gas-station piss-for-wine to accompany their ready-meal crow dinner. Don't worry lems you can eat with your hands this time.

Meanwhile I'll get out my fillet of crow from the freezer to defrost just in case things turn around miraculously.

#13 Posted by Kjranu (1007 posts) -

My prediction:

3DS will be the top selling video game hardware

PS4 will be second best selling video game hardware; yes, even with the shortages because all they've suggested are people are buying them as quickly as they land on shelves.

Xbox One will be number three. They sell pretty quickly but there's plenty of stock which suggests lesser demand and no it's not because Microsoft have a better supply chain.

Xbox 360 and PS3 will be about equal.

PS Vita and Wii U will share the bottom spot.

#14 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4669 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

I think with the shortages for the PS4 and plentiful XB1's around the MS machine will maintain its lead in NPD sales for Jan. Lets say 400k for XB1 and 350 for PS4.

x1 peaked at 900k last month even when their was plenty of supply, with its price point im expecting a massive drop off this month. ps4 supplies have been trickling in as far as im aware and it remains sold out in a lot of stores but im confident it will blitz past x1 this month

#15 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

I want a wii u =p

#16 Posted by kuu2 (7331 posts) -

The One continues its dominance.

#17 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

I also guarantee they'll be a tweet or article released beforehand to combat the numbers of the PS4 beating the 'bone. Like some Major Nelson spintastic like the 1,000 faces scanned into kinect this month or something along those lines.

#18 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@kuu2: lol 3rd place tho

#19 Edited by StormyJoe (5387 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

sales for december 2013:

1. 3DS - ?

2. XB1 - 908K

3. PS4 - ~860K

4. 360 - 643K

5. WIU - 481K

6. PS3 - 299K

7. WII - ?

8. PSV - ~95K

The XB1 sold more than the PS4 in December. Google "NPD December 2013", and pick any article.

#20 Edited by StormyJoe (5387 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

IF the PS4 starts outselling the XBone again, then we will know it was supply constrained in December and people waited to get one rather than purchase an XBone on time for the holidays. So, in a way, January is more important in terms of judging the health and sustainability of the PS4 hype than December was.

I'm actually not making a prediction for this month. Not because I want to avoid ownage, but because this could honestly swing one way or the other. The pros for the XBone is that America did vote overwhelmingly with their wallets for the 360 last generation and it is possible that the branding has staying power in that market. On the other hand, it's just as likely that the XBone has fulfilled much of its demand in that market in the face of a PS4 onslaught that there simply was not enough supply for in December and could splash into January.

This will likely be the most interesting NPD in a long time. There is no way of denying or downplaying the US markets influence on gaming when it comes to developer and publisher support in the long-term. I'd wager that a lot of western developers haven't decided to weigh in on future software plans until seeing the same information.

I expect the PS4 to outsell the XB1 until this summer, at the least. I really don't expect the XB1 to surpass PS4 sales (monthly) until Christmas 2014; and I expect the PS4 will have a 2-3 million lead by then (Xb1 8-10m, ps4 10-12m).

I expect the XB1 to outsell the PS4 in 2015.

#21 Posted by Chutebox (37232 posts) -

@StormyJoe: And the OP`numbers state that. What's the problem?

#22 Edited by Chutebox (37232 posts) -

#23 Posted by StormyJoe (5387 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Aww, damn it! I totally misread the post. Sorry about that.

Apparently I have not had enough coffee this morning. Sorry, ghostwarrior786

#24 Posted by hamster3_3 (130 posts) -

Xbox to win by less than 50k

#25 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4669 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

sales for december 2013:

1. 3DS - ?

2. XB1 - 908K

3. PS4 - ~860K

4. 360 - 643K

5. WIU - 481K

6. PS3 - 299K

7. WII - ?

8. PSV - ~95K

The XB1 sold more than the PS4 in December. Google "NPD December 2013", and pick any article.

i know. it sold 908k and ps4 sold 860k. does my post say differently?

edit: oh i see, i take pre workout in morning screw coffee

#26 Edited by blackace (20753 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: Not sure where you got the PS3 & PS4 numbers from, as Sony never released any U.S. figures for Dec 2013. We do know that XBox 360 outsold PS3 and XB1 outsold the PS4.

#27 Posted by gago-gago (9486 posts) -

I predict the "supply issues" for the PS4 excuse will be used.

#28 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4669 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786: Not sure where you got the PS3 & PS4 numbers from, as Sony never released any U.S. figures for Dec 2013. We do know that XBox 360 outsold PS3 and XB1 outsold the PS4.

from gaff. ps4 still holds the lead in us and we know how much it sold at launch and have worldwide figueres so estimating how much it sold last month isnt really too hard

@gago-gago said:

I predict the "supply issues" for the PS4 excuse will be used.

this is from today. ps4 are sold out virtually everywhere, x1 not so much

#29 Edited by bforrester420 (1604 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

The One continues its dominance.

Doesn't it have to dominate before it can continue to dominate?

#30 Edited by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

I predict XBO will sell 100k units more than PS4.

Quote me on it.

#31 Posted by OneLazyAsian (1661 posts) -

I expect the same trend as December due to Sony holding back supply for the Japanese launch this month IIRC.

#32 Edited by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

If PS4 outsells Xbox One it'll be (PS4 #1, Xbox so bad 720p) on these forums, if the Xbox One sells more it'll be "Shortage bro".

#33 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

I do not really keep track of the sales figures on a monthly basis, but I will join in for the fun. Here are my predictions:

1. The 3DS will stay on top of hardware sales, as it is the superior next gen platform.

2. The X1 & PS4 hardware sales figures will be close, maybe a 25k-50k difference.

3. The Wii U will come in under 300k.

4. OP will fail to upgrade the thread, and my predictions will be lost forever.

#34 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I predict 450k PS4 sold and around 400k Xbones. February is when I expect PS4 to start pulling ahead big time as their supply will start to meet demand.

WiiU probably less than 200k

#35 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

MS will win a close one in January - No doubt win by a good deal in March. Onward will be unpredictable IMHO.

#36 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

Lems, cows, and sheep will defend their purchase choice no matter what happens. Hermits will take jabs at the consolites. That's my predictions.

#37 Posted by Heil68 (44625 posts) -

Wiiu in dead last and Xbone/PS4 close is numbers.

#38 Edited by lhughey (4235 posts) -

@hoyalawya said:

Lems, cows, and sheep will defend their purchase choice no matter what happens. Hermits will take jabs at the consolites. That's my predictions.

You nailed it!

#39 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

I predict the x1 will have still out sold the ps4 because of the continuing supply issues. Obviously worldwide, the x1 stands no chance.

#40 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:

If PS4 outsells Xbox One it'll be (PS4 #1, Xbox so bad 720p) on these forums, if the Xbox One sells more it'll be "Shortage bro".

PS4 will continue to dominate worldwide so NPD is all the lems could possibly have for bragging rights. I want that taken away as well...

#41 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

No one is predicting the xbox one to outsell the PS4 in this months NPD, so you're even more brave.

#42 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27786 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

No one is predicting the xbox one to outsell the PS4 in this months NPD, so you're even more brave.

I manned up!

#43 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

He isn't the only one, but he is definitely in the minority. No informed person thinks the Xflop will outsell PS4 based on its merits, but some think PS4 will be supply constrained enough to let Xflop limp to another small win.

#44 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Sweenix said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

I manned up!

You fool! you're asking for a death wish, no one can survive such a prediction ;p

#45 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27786 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Sweenix said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

He isn't the only one, but he is definitely in the minority. No informed person thinks the Xflop will outsell PS4 based on its merits, but some think PS4 will be supply constrained enough to let Xflop limp to another small win.

Honestly I had no idea about any predictions, haven't been following it closely. I just assumed that with the PS4's continuing supply shortages it would be behind the XB1.

@Sweenix said:

You fool! you're asking for a death wish, no one can survive such a prediction ;p

You can't win Sweenix. If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

#46 Posted by DanteSuikoden (3418 posts) -

I predict a repeat of last month when only cows made predictions cause everyone else was too afraid except this time lems won't be able to come out of hiding because Sony has upped their supply.

#47 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@DanteSuikoden said:

I predict a repeat of last month when only cows made predictions cause everyone else was too afraid except this time lems won't be able to come out of hiding because Sony has upped their supply.

^ ^ Ditto. I think even the most hardcore lems know that PS4 will outsell the Xbone in January.

#48 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

When are the real numbers coming out?

#49 Edited by Shewgenja (9295 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

When are the real numbers coming out?

3-4 days.

#50 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

things to take into considerations for jan predictions: ps4 supply, jan is usually slow month the current record holder is wii which sold around 600k. usually consoles face a drop off of around 60-70% in sales in jan

december 2013 results, u may use this for reference (~ means estimates):

1. 3DS - ~ 1.1m

2. XB1 - 908K

3. PS4 - ~860K

4. 360 - 643K

5. WIU - 481K

6. PS3 - 299K

7. WII - ?

8. PSV - ~95K

my prediction is ps4 sold around 450k and x1 sold 200k. wii u? who give a sh%t

npd numbers will be released on 13 feb, if i am free i will update this thread with those numbers

You don't own a damn thing except maybe a toothbrush, dufus