Official Nintendo Appreciation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bbkkristian (14915 posts) -

I decided that Nintendo deserved their own appreciation thread. What got me thinking about this is that we would have gaming today if it weren't for Nintendo. Nintendo's disagreements with Sony created a new market and created competition for the industry. Another thing Nintendo has done and continues to do is creating wonderful experiences such as the new Super Mario 3D World, which has a 9.0 on GameSpot, and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, which also has scored a 9.0. Instead of being like the rest of the competition and having a pissing contest with hardware, Nintendo has decided to step back and find creative new ideas to give the gamers and casuals alike with their new gamepad and software. Instead of worrying about the software, gamers have been infatuated with pixel counts, resolutions, and hardware, as a result they have been shafted with mediocre launch lineups with a hefty price tag. To prove that hardware doesn't sell a system, the Nintendo 3DS has come back from its terrible launch to humorously outsell the Playstation Vita by an incredible margin. They and their partners continue to make incredible experiences, which the real reason why we should be buying the consoles and handhelds we desire. So, let us take a moment to appreciate Nintendo, for its brilliant history and aspiring future.

#2 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

we would have gaming today if it weren't for Nintendo.

So you ADMIT that they were not Needed?

#3 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Poor sheep, no attention for ya. :p

#4 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9515 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

I think that was a typo.

#5 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@bbkkristian said:

I think that was a typo.

I know that but it's still wrong regardless.

#6 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

new mario game looks good.

still haven't played wonderful 101, or Pikmin 3. i should get on that shit.

also Zombi U, need to try that again, as per a recommendation from a certain Mr @freedomfreak.

#7 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

also Zombi U, need to try that again, as per a recommendation from a certain Mr @freedomfreak.

PikmIn 3 is the only thing I slightly miss from the Wii U after I put it in for a 3DS and games. Better than 1 and 2.

#8 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Meh.
I really loved my N64 and Gamecube. Nintendo just isn't the same. There isn't really a need for them anymore.

#9 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

PikmIn 3 is the only thing I slightly miss from the Wii U after I put it in for a 3DS and games. Better than 1 and 2.

i own a 3ds too, but yeah ... i have discovered i'm not really into gaming on handhelds. but i might try a vita at some point.

I never played pikmin 1. In fact, a Wii in ~July of 2012 was my first ever Nintendo.

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

inb4sheepcirclejerk

#11 Posted by KBFloYd (12939 posts) -

WAAZUP

#12 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11519 posts) -

Boo! Rehashes!

Boo I say!

#13 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

I'll bite. I have loved Nintendo and hated Nintendo through my time in System Wars since Gamecube.

#14 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26124 posts) -

Well, this thread turned out how I expected.

#15 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Smash Bros pic of the day… Can't wait to see how this stage plays out.

#16 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26124 posts) -

Meh.

I really loved my N64 and Gamecube. Nintendo just isn't the same. There isn't really a need for them anymore.

Yes, there is no need for them. It's not like their competition doesn't want or need them to be successful or that they still have their audiences. :roll:

#17 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

If Nintendo never brought their console overseas we just might be living in the PC-only Gaming Utopia I always dream about

#18 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

It has arrived.

One more day for the states, would they let me pick it up at the Xbox One midnight launch? lol

#19 Posted by locopatho (20131 posts) -

Yay Nintendo! While I really hate how sucky their last two consoles have been, and have been less than impressed with some of their games of the past few years, on their day, with the right time, money and effort, they can still make the best games in the world. I wouldn't trade the thousands of hours of pleasure they have given me for anything :)

Do you need some valium? You seem so sad on system wars :( Cheer up, it's only a bit of fun.

#20 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

R.o.b Robot saved gaming.

Respect.

#21 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#22 Posted by MirkoS77 (7016 posts) -

My appreciation for Nintendo waxes and wanes. I can appreciate ALBW as I love ALttP (though I wish they weren't so lazy and made a new top down one from scratch, but I'll take what I can get), Mario I'm far past worn out on.

I don't appreciate how they run their business, but that's not the topic at hand.

Hail Nintendo!

#23 Posted by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -

Nintendo.......lol

#24 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26124 posts) -

Yay Nintendo! While I really hate how sucky their last two consoles have been, and have been less than impressed with some of their games of the past few years, on their day, with the right time, money and effort, they can still make the best games in the world. I wouldn't trade the thousands of hours of pleasure they have given me for anything :)

@nintendoboy16 said:

Do you need some valium? You seem so sad on system wars :( Cheer up, it's only a bit of fun.

Or just saying that something like "appreciation threads" turn out to be bad news on a forum like System Wars, where everyone and anyone is a target. Granted no where near as bad as when the thread announcing Hiroshi Yamauchi's death came along.

#25 Edited by jsmoke03 (12618 posts) -

i would appreciate it if they released a console without gimmicks and current with the time as far as specs go. i would appreciate it if they released more titles like they do with their handheld. i would appreciate it if they actually competed with sony and microsoft and not take an alternate route. i would appreciate it if they released golden sun, fire emblem, advanced wars for the console.....i would appreciate if they hurried up with X