Official Ni No Kuni thread: Top of the charts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by themajormayor (25916 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] I did too :)

I think I just might. Hope Amazon.com ships to Europe cheap

Use amazon.UK or a company that manages us addresses for international shipping.

The thing is it releases like 1st february in Europe :(
#402 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] I think I just might. Hope Amazon.com ships to Europe cheap

Use amazon.UK or a company that manages us addresses for international shipping.

The thing is it releases like 1st february in Europe :(

Oh OK :P
#403 Posted by finalstar2007 (25334 posts) -

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]Strangely, I preordered it yesterday on Amazon..kuraimen
I did too :)

I pre-ordered another one yesterday too so now i got two copies :D

second for my brother

#404 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14685 posts) -

It's so refreshing to see an actual overworld map again.

#405 Posted by MirkoS77 (7780 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4

Yea it is.

#406 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

tumblr_mg7yhzunXV1qajljlo1_1280.jpg

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

MirkoS77

Yea it is.

we we we so excited!

#407 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

tumblr_mg7yhzunXV1qajljlo1_1280.jpg[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

Yea it is.

we we we so excited!

:lol: what? cartoon graphics only work in halo? feel the DISNEY!!
#408 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"]Strangely, I preordered it yesterday on Amazon..finalstar2007

I did too :)

I pre-ordered another one yesterday too so now i got two copies :D

second for my brother

If you buy it on PSN, you can just use download the game off the other account and only have to pay for one copy of the game.

#409 Posted by finalstar2007 (25334 posts) -

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

rumbalumba

Yea it is.

we we we so excited!

Due to huge demand NAmco is restocking the LE!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!

starting midnight

http://www.analoghype.com/video-games/playstation-3-news/namco-is-re-stocking-the-ni-no-kuni-wizards-edition-tomorrow/

#410 Posted by nervmeister (15292 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4
That's probably the reason why its currently Amazon's no. 1 seller. :P
#411 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

ReadingRainbow4

You have no idea.

I missed that so much.

#412 Posted by MirkoS77 (7780 posts) -

Sagem28

You have no idea.

I missed that so much.

I don't know why so many devs neglect overworld maps in RPGs. Not having one takes away any sense of scope, adventure, and exploration and it's great to see a return. I like that they included a small bit of it in the demo and from what I've seen in a few videos there's a lot of variety in the environments. Can't wait for this game. It's been a long time since I've really enjoyed a good JRPG.
#413 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

MirkoS77

You have no idea.

I missed that so much.

I don't know why so many devs neglect overworld maps in RPGs. Not having one takes away any sense of scope, adventure, and exploration and it's great to see a return. I like that they included a small bit of it in the demo and from what I've seen in a few videos there's a lot of variety in the environments. Can't wait for this game. It's been a long time since I've really enjoyed a good JRPG.

The overworld map does indeed looks gorgeous.

From deserts to mountains and deep forests. Not to mention you can ride a Dragon to explore :o
Man, I'm so hyped.

#414 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

MirkoS77

You have no idea.

I missed that so much.

Well said. The lack of this (or any real exploration) in Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, FFXIII, Resonance of Fate, and more have turned me off from them.

#415 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

You have no idea.

I missed that so much.

NaveedLife

Well said. The lack of this (or any real exploration) in Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, FFXIII, Resonance of Fate, and more have turned me off from them.

How would you implement exploration in Valkyria Chronicles though ?

#416 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]I don't know why so many devs neglect overworld maps in RPGs. Not having one takes away any sense of scope, adventure, and exploration and it's great to see a return. I like that they included a small bit of it in the demo and from what I've seen in a few videos there's a lot of variety in the environments. Can't wait for this game. It's been a long time since I've really enjoyed a good JRPG. Sagem28

I only played the demo of it (not even all the demo) and from what I hear, it is combat, story and menus for stores. BORING. lol Simiar for Fire Emblem I hear. I love the exploration aspect of RPG's. I love Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Baten Kaitos, Paper Mario and so on.

#417 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

I only played the demo of it (not even all the demo) and from what I hear, it is combat, story and menus for stores. BORING. lol Simiar for Fire Emblem I hear. I love the exploration aspect of RPG's. I love Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Baten Kaitos, Paper Mario and so on.

Well, if it isn't your thing there's not much I can say.

It's one of the best PS3 exclusives in my eyes, though :P

#418 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Sagem28

Well, if it isn't your thing there's not much I can say.

It's one of the best PS3 exclusives in my eyes, though :P

Hahah I am not saying its bad, I am just saying that I love and miss overworlds and exploration. And dont tell me Xenoblade did a good job of that, cause it sure as hell did not :P. Best this gen I have played is Tales of Vesperia.

#419 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Hahah I am not saying its bad, I am just saying that I love and miss overworlds and exploration. And dont tell me Xenoblade did a good job of that, cause it sure as hell did not :P. Best this gen I have played is Tales of Vesperia.

NaveedLife

Xenoblade doesn't really have an overwold, you pretty much just walk around the world in general.

That being said I did like the exploration in Xenoblade, especially exploring the Eryth Sea. Those Meteor Showers, Dat music :oops:

120112_188609_dolphin2011082414092812.jp

#420 Posted by MirkoS77 (7780 posts) -
Have you guys played Dragon Quest VIII? I know I'm a bit late but I never got around to playing it when it was released. Is it worth picking up? Playing Ni no kuni's demo has me curious.
#421 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Have you guys played Dragon Quest VIII? I know I'm a bit late but I never got around to playing it when it was released. Is it worth picking up? Playing Ni no kuni's demo has me curious. MirkoS77

DQ VIII is freaking amazing.

Log off and go buy it, stat :x

#422 Posted by MirkoS77 (7780 posts) -

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Have you guys played Dragon Quest VIII? I know I'm a bit late but I never got around to playing it when it was released. Is it worth picking up? Playing Ni no kuni's demo has me curious. Sagem28

On my way, thanks! :) Surprisingly it's still pretty cheap.
#423 Posted by musalala (2229 posts) -

WIZARD EDITION you will be mine.

#424 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

NiNoKuni_V_011613_3137.jpg

Wizard Ed please be miiiiine~

#425 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Have you guys played Dragon Quest VIII? I know I'm a bit late but I never got around to playing it when it was released. Is it worth picking up? Playing Ni no kuni's demo has me curious. MirkoS77

On my way, thanks! :) Surprisingly it's still pretty cheap.

I actually did a replay a few months ago.
It's a great JRPG with plenty of content, trust me :P

#426 Posted by MirkoS77 (7780 posts) -

NiNoKuni_V_011613_3137.jpg

rumbalumba
Wait....the dragon isn't exclusive to the WE is it?
#427 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

MirkoS77

It's not :P

The Ed gets two extra creatures to fight with, that's it.

#428 Posted by MirkoS77 (7780 posts) -

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"][QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

Sagem28

It's not :P

The Ed gets two extra creatures to fight with, that's it.

*phew* The dragon looks amazing. I'm loving the animation, everything's so well drawn and flows beautifully. I wonder how far in we get the dragon? Probably pretty late. :cry:
#429 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

^the dragon isn't a familiar.

#430 Posted by Blackbond (24505 posts) -

Embarking on a so called epic adventure with an 8 year boy? No thanks. I thought we were past this kind of thing since Xenoblade I guess I was wrong.

#431 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Embarking on a so called epic adventure with an 8 year boy? No thanks. I thought we were past this kind of thing since Xenoblade I guess I was wrong.

Blackbond

Very wrong. :P

[spoiler] pleb [/spoiler]

#432 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
we ni no kuni!!! we ni no kuni!!
#433 Posted by Crossel777 (5627 posts) -

Hmm possibly reconsidering my purchase of the wizards edition now that I realize the European only has half the content of the US wizard's edition.. And that plush drippy looks a bit on the cheap side.

#434 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
Aside from GI and eventually GS, this game is already looking to be the PS3's best game of 2013 and an easy contender for PS3 (keyword being PS3) GOTY. Overall GOTY is yet to be decided but I wouldn't be surprised if Ni no Kuni made the cut. I need a job so I can get this game.....or my tax refund :P
#435 Posted by charizard1605 (58901 posts) -

Guess what I just got in the mail! :D

Ni No Kuni

Man oh man oh man, am I pumped!

#436 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

charizard1605

wow **** you, you bastard!

tumblr_mb1m4p6K3I1qcq2vho1_250.gif

#437 Posted by Chutebox (37646 posts) -

Was hoping to get this game before the three day weekend....damn you Char

#438 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Blackbond

Link (who is 10 I believe) would like to have a word with you about the best game ever ;)

#439 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Aside from GI and eventually GS, this game is already looking to be the PS3's best game of 2013 and an easy contender for PS3 (keyword being PS3) GOTY. Overall GOTY is yet to be decided but I wouldn't be surprised if Ni no Kuni made the cut. I need a job so I can get this game.....or my tax refund :Pgame_masta14

And JRPG's tend to vary in score as is. Baten Kaitos (and Origins) deserved much better reviews. I love those games!

#440 Posted by dommeus (9394 posts) -

I f*cking love kids

#441 Posted by Gue1 (10414 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

NaveedLife

Link (who is 10 I believe) would like to have a word with you about the best game ever ;)

it's not the same. When you play Zelda games is easy to forget that Link is just a kid but is not the same on Ni No Kuni. The music, the weak silly looking familiars, the music... People are just overhyping it because of the graphics and nothing more. And then you guys say that gameplay > graphics, what a joke. There is a reason why Ni No Kuni flopped in Japan you know....

#442 Posted by Obviously_Right (5102 posts) -

Ni No Kuni

charizard1605

You. Bastard.

#443 Posted by Gue1 (10414 posts) -

[QUOTE="game_masta14"]Aside from GI and eventually GS, this game is already looking to be the PS3's best game of 2013 and an easy contender for PS3 (keyword being PS3) GOTY. Overall GOTY is yet to be decided but I wouldn't be surprised if Ni no Kuni made the cut. I need a job so I can get this game.....or my tax refund :PNaveedLife

And JRPG's tend to vary in score as is. Baten Kaitos (and Origins) deserved much better reviews. I love those games!

Baten Kaitos has an 80/100 on Metacritic so I don't know what more you were expecting to be honest. That game doesn't deserve triple A. One of my favorite series is Yakuza but objectively speaking it doesn't deserve triple A either. I mean, why is an 8/10 not enough for a gamer? You know how hard it is for a movie to get that kind of score? No wonder the average for games is 7/10!!

#444 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28155 posts) -
I wonder who will be reviewing this.
#445 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
I wonder who will be reviewing this. sammyjenkis898
5 bucks says Tom McShea
#446 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]I wonder who will be reviewing this. game_masta14
5 bucks says Tom McShea

Lems will have a field day if thats the case.

#447 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]I wonder who will be reviewing this. Sagem28

5 bucks says Tom McShea

he loved it, though (in the Now Playing).

i must say, though, i find it sad and ironic that Gamespot lost to IGN for the top-spot video game website. GS's youtube channel views is just so minute now compared to IGN. remember the time when GS was the most-visited? what the hell happened to this site?

#448 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="game_masta14"]5 bucks says Tom McShearumbalumba

he loved it, though (in the Now Playing).

Then they'll either replace him with someone who didn't like the game or doesn't like JRPGs or get him to write a bad review. Either way, it's not gonna score higher than AA.
#449 Posted by RR360DD (12130 posts) -

There is a reason why Ni No Kuni flopped in Japan you know....

Gue1

Because its on PS3?LOL

I don't get why you're hating on it, it got a 9 on Eurogamer which equals definite purchase.

#450 Posted by themajormayor (25916 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

There is a reason why Ni No Kuni flopped in Japan you know....

RR360DD

it got a 9 on Eurogamer which equals definite purchase.

No, ass creed brotherhood got a 10 on eurogamer.