Official Ni No Kuni thread: Top of the charts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by sts106mat (19983 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

your wife is lame.

lazerface216

nowhere near as lame as your post.

mmmmhmmmm. does it suck having a close minded wife with sh*t taste? honest question.

eh i guess i should just consider myself lucky for having who i have....a woman who can appreciate gaming and a beautiful artstyle.

you seem a bit of an ass. my wife is not close minds, she just lives in the real world.
#202 Posted by finalstar2007 (25334 posts) -

Reviews ( for the number addicts ):

1. OPM UK 9.1/10
  2. IGN 9.4/10
  3. PlaystationLifeStyle 10/10
  4. GameMasters UK 9.5/10
  5. rpgland.com (Legendary out of 10)
  6. TechDigest 10/10
#203 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] How old are you?Miketheman83

how young are you?

I'm 25. You?

we're not on eHarmony.com.

next time, try harder. that's the best you got?

#204 Posted by PAL360 (27008 posts) -

I'm not a fan of JRPGs anymore, but i have to say that the game looks beautiful. Love the art direction!

#205 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

how young are you?

rumbalumba

I'm 25. You?

Since you're dodging my question I'm going to assume you're at least welll into your thirties. A thirty something year old that watches darkwing duck and anime....lolololol.
#206 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I'm 25. You?Miketheman83

Since you're dodging my question I'm going to assume you're at least welll into your thirties. A thirty something year old that watches darkwing duck and anime....lolololol.

ahhh..there it is. your lame punchline that you've prepared. you were waiting for me to say, "i'm 30+" so you can use that lameass punchline?

you get dumber the more you post. go on, make us laugh more.

#207 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

Reviews ( for the number addicts ):

1. OPM UK 9.1/10
  2. IGN 9.4/10
  3. PlaystationLifeStyle 10/10
  4. GameMasters UK 9.5/10
  5. rpgland.com (Legendary out of 10)
  6. TechDigest 10/10
finalstar2007
Lems = obliterated. New graphics king.
#208 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26662 posts) -

I'm not a fan of JRPGs anymore, but i have to say that the game looks beautiful. Love the art direction!

PAL360

Yea it sucks I wasint feeling the combat. Just found it way to boring.

#209 Posted by PAL360 (27008 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

finalfantasy94

Probably i won't be able to play it, since most of my friends (PS3 owners) are not into JRPGs, but it's a beautiful game to look at!

#210 Posted by finalstar2007 (25334 posts) -

PAL360

You sould give it a try, its getting positive feedback all over the place

#211 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

rumbalumba

ahhh..there it is. your lame punchline that you've prepared. you were waiting for me to say, "i'm 30+" so you can use that lameass punchline?

Just a word of advice; If you ever get lucky enough to have a woman spend time with you...Don't make her watch darkwing duck.
#212 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11951 posts) -

Awesome score, still hyping AAE for Gamespot though.

#213 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Since you're dodging my question I'm going to assume you're at least welll into your thirties. A thirty something year old that watches darkwing duck and anime....lolololol.Miketheman83

Just a word of advice; If you ever get lucky enough to have a woman spend time with you...Don't make her watch darkwing duck.

oh was that your contingency punchline? your plan B? "ok. imma start with 'just a word of advice' to make me seem older. then, i'll use 'women' and 'lucky' since they go together so well. lastly, i'll use the phrase 'don't do this and that' as if they actually mean something."

bleh. neext joke please. you're like a failing stand-up comedian still onboard a sinking ship.

#214 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26662 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

Probably i won't be able to play it, since most of my friends (PS3 owners) are not into JRPGs, but it's a beautiful game to look at!

yea game is a treat for the eyes and i still like jrpgs which is the reasons I wanted to like it.

#215 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

Awesome score, still hyping AAE for Gamespot though.

PhazonBlazer

tumblr_m55xpcDZ3Q1qjdbzao2_r1_500.gif

#216 Posted by DontGetBigIdeas (233 posts) -
I'm rushing through some of my backlog so I can fully enjoy this game without any interference from wanting to play those games!
#217 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

rumbalumba

oh was that your contingency punchline? your plan B? "ok. imma start with 'just a word of advice' to make me seem older. then, i'll use 'women' and 'lucky' since they go together so well. lastly, i'll use the phrase 'don't do this and that' as if they actually mean something."

bleh. neext joke please. you're like a failing stand-up comedian still onboard a sinking ship.

Not trying to be funny, man. I'm genuinely trying to help a nerd better his life. First step: Stop watching children's cartoons.
#218 Posted by Androvinus (5796 posts) -
[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Just a word of advice; If you ever get lucky enough to have a woman spend time with you...Don't make her watch darkwing duck.Miketheman83

Not trying to be funny, man. I'm genuinely trying to help a nerd better his life. First step: Stop watching children's cartoons.

Youre so edgy and cool bro. Tell me more
#219 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

Not trying to be funny, man. I'm genuinely trying to help a nerd better his life. First step: Stop watching children's cartoons.Miketheman83

second step: try to sound like a genuine, mature person to further my temporary reputation of not being an idiot and create an advisor-like image, which i hope everyone will buy.

yaaaaaaaaaaawwwn...you know, your shtick is getting old. no one's listening to you but me, and it's not like i even take your lame posts seriously. you can go away now. no one's interested in you anymore.

yep, your short-lived stint is done. bye bye failed comedian. go take your low maturity level with you elsewhere.

#220 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3899 posts) -

this game look amazing, will keep an eye out, currently the MassEffect Trilogy has taken away my social life.

#221 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] nowhere near as lame as your post.sts106mat

mmmmhmmmm. does it suck having a close minded wife with sh*t taste? honest question.

eh i guess i should just consider myself lucky for having who i have....a woman who can appreciate gaming and a beautiful artstyle.

you seem a bit of an ass. my wife is not close minds, she just lives in the real world.

what's the "real" world? when did games that are colorful become weird for adults to play?

#222 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

dat Ghibli art.

NinoKuniPS3036.jpg

#223 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

dat Ghibli art.

NinoKuniPS3036.jpg

rumbalumba

god, this game is going to own...

#224 Posted by ohgeez (910 posts) -
[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Since you're dodging my question I'm going to assume you're at least welll into your thirties. A thirty something year old that watches darkwing duck and anime....lolololol.Miketheman83

Uhhh... I dunno about you, but every girl I've ever dated has absolutely loved Ducktales and to a lesser extent Darkwing duck. My ex had a huge boner for Studio Ghibli and was more excited for this game than I am. Current one, not so much but she doesn't care what I do. A smart guy will pick girls who support their habits. Its actually pretty damn easy to find, so pretending these types of girls don't exist is pretty hilarious to me. But you don't have to be a bro-dude to get girls. In fact, the ones with half a brain will pick up on it and like you less for being narrow minded.
#225 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

what's the "real" world? when did games that are colorful become weird for adults to play?

I don't think it has to do with the colors. I think it's more of the fact that it is a Japanese children's game....
#226 Posted by Slashkice (13309 posts) -

Because it's always relevant:

cslewisfjju4.png

#227 Posted by nervmeister (15292 posts) -
[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] you seem a bit of an ass. my wife is not close minds, she just lives in the real world.Miketheman83

I don't think it has to do with the colors. I think it's more of the fact that it is a Japanese children's game....

So what? By your so-called logic, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is also a "Japanese children's game", and yet it kicked the piss out of all your precious 360 exclusives.
#228 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] you seem a bit of an ass. my wife is not close minds, she just lives in the real world.Miketheman83

it's aimed at a wide audience, just like the studio ghibli films. just because the lead character is a child means jack squat...

#229 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

cslewisfjju4.png

Slashkice

YES

#230 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

cslewisfjju4.png

Slashkice

Oh snap.

#231 Posted by finalstar2007 (25334 posts) -

dat Ghibli art.

rumbalumba

ARGH i want that plushie! everytime i think about the game i remember how im going to miss out on the not only the plushie but that 300 page spell book :cry:

#232 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

it's aimed at a wide audience, just like the studio ghibli films. just because the lead character is a child means jack squat...

No, it means you're a nerd if this type of thing gets you off.
#233 Posted by rumbalumba (2880 posts) -

cslewisfjju4.png

Slashkice

OH SNAP, CRACKLE AND POP!

Skyrim kid you just got C.S. Lewis'd!

:lol:

#234 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

cslewisfjju4.png

rumbalumba

I don't think that quote justifies a grown person watching children's cartoons. There comes a time in everyone's life where it's time to grow up. By this guy's reasoning it would be perfectly normal for a grown adult to wear diapers and have a sippy cup. If that's what makes you happy go for it, the normal people will still think you're a childish, weird nerd.
#235 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I don't think it has to do with the colors. I think it's more of the fact that it is a Japanese children's game....Miketheman83

everyone here is a nerd to some degree, that includes yourself honey....

#236 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I don't think that quote justifies a grown person watching children's cartoons. There comes a time in everyone's life where it's time to grow up. By this guy's reasoning it would be perfectly normal for a grown adult to wear diapers and have a sippy cup. If that's what makes you happy go for it, the normal people will still think you're a childish, weird nerd.Miketheman83

You should watch "Grave of the fireflies".

It's a movie made by Ghibli, the art is the same.
Come back when you saw it and tell me if you think it's for "kids" or "adults"

#237 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

cslewisfjju4.png

Miketheman83

I don't think that quote justifies a grown person watching children's cartoons. There comes a time in everyone's life where it's time to grow up. By this guy's reasoning it would be perfectly normal for a grown adult to wear diapers and have a sippy cup. If that's what makes you happy go for it, the normal people will still think you're a childish, weird nerd.

No son, what this man logic is portraying is that to be a man and an adult, you dispel junvenile notions of what you should and should not be embarrassed of. As an adult, you should not be ashamed to be who you are at the expensive of judgement from other people. This has nothing to do with diapers and sippy cups kid but the fact that you think so is very telling. When you grow up you'll be able to grasp that you need not give a rats ass about other people's perception of you are so long as you're fine with yourself. Its people with your stupid logic that are perpetuation ignorant youth masquarading as mature people who should only take part in what they imagine mature individuals do. Idiot.

#238 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

I don't think that quote justifies a grown person watching children's cartoons. There comes a time in everyone's life where it's time to grow up. By this guy's reasoning it would be perfectly normal for a grown adult to wear diapers and have a sippy cup. If that's what makes you happy go for it, the normal people will still think you're a childish, weird nerd.Sagem28

lol don't waste your time, this kid is clueless...

#239 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

I don't think that quote justifies a grown person watching children's cartoons. There comes a time in everyone's life where it's time to grow up. By this guy's reasoning it would be perfectly normal for a grown adult to wear diapers and have a sippy cup. If that's what makes you happy go for it, the normal people will still think you're a childish, weird nerd.Sagem28

Nah I don't think I will. Anime is usually for people with serious mental issues.
#240 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Ps3 fans must be pretty desperate for games to be hyping this nerdy game.Miketheman83
DAT jealousy :o
#241 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

I don't think that quote justifies a grown person watching children's cartoons. There comes a time in everyone's life where it's time to grow up. By this guy's reasoning it would be perfectly normal for a grown adult to wear diapers and have a sippy cup. If that's what makes you happy go for it, the normal people will still think you're a childish, weird nerd.Miketheman83

Nah I don't think I will. Anime is usually for people with serious mental issues.

Oh well, suit yourself.

#242 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21971 posts) -

cslewisfjju4.png

Slashkice

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif.

#243 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

that movie is so sad, made me cry.
#244 Posted by da_illest101 (7553 posts) -

from the demo the gameplay is trully solide, but I have zero interest in the world. I'll buy this game whenever it's dirt cheap and if it never gets cheap oh well

#245 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

I don't think that quote justifies a grown person watching children's cartoons. There comes a time in everyone's life where it's time to grow up. By this guy's reasoning it would be perfectly normal for a grown adult to wear diapers and have a sippy cup. If that's what makes you happy go for it, the normal people will still think you're a childish, weird nerd.TheGuardian03

that movie is so sad, made me cry.

A masterpiece.

My favorite Ghibli film along with Princess Mononoke.

#246 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

I hope you're just trolling. But if what you've said so far is true, I feel sorry for you, I really do.
#247 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

rjdofu

I hope you're just trolling. But if what you've said so far is true, I feel sorry for you, I really do.

You feel sorry for me because I don't watch animated movies or nerdy jrpgs?
#248 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Nah I don't think I will. Anime is usually for people with serious mental issues.

No, because you're missing good things in life because of your prejudice.
#249 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

everyone here is a nerd to some degree, that includes yourself honey....

lol thank you!

#250 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] I hope you're just trolling. But if what you've said so far is true, I feel sorry for you, I really do.

No, because you're missing good things in life because of your prejudice.

Has nothing to do with being prejudice it has to do with me thinking children's cartoons have no artistic merit. If you want to see some real art watch some David Lynch or Criterion films.