OFFICIAL ME3 HypeThread: 9 on GS, RPGOTY confirmed? Spoilers= suspensions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by the-obiwan (3742 posts) -

[QUOTE="xXShortroundXx"]

Looks more like an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

AdobeArtist

Wow. Most failed post I've seen in a long time.

i tottaly agree with you what a fail of post..and for that reasson it deserves this pic.

big failure

#52 Posted by N30F3N1X (8002 posts) -

Holy **** there's a lot of paragons out there. Going from empirical observation I wouldn't have expected such a monstrous disparity.

#53 Posted by SRW-MKII (147 posts) -

Holy **** there's a lot of paragons out there. Going from empirical observation I wouldn't have expected such a monstrous disparity.

N30F3N1X

For some reason when playing Mass Effect I don't want to be evil unlike when I played Kotor. I kinda feel bad and actually want to be nice to other characters.

#54 Posted by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

And by that I think he > you :PSlashless

Of course you do. You and him share a fellow body part.[spoiler] [/spoiler] The Alternate solution to fanboyism.

Dat hit a nerve :P

And see my Edit part :P

#55 Posted by silversix_ (14806 posts) -
Kaidan still in this game? Why can't he die or something... Hate this character. Not hyped for this gears clone but still getting it and probably be rolling male paragon.
#56 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

Still haven't finished ME1. I doubt I'll ever get around to 3.

#57 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

Kaidan still in this game? Why can't he die or something... Hate this character. Not hyped for this gears clone but still getting it and probably be rolling male paragon.silversix_

He's only in the game if you saved him in the first game. Otherwise it would be Ashely instead.

Really diggin the thread. Definitely psyched for this game. However I'm expecting an 8.5 maybe a 9.0, hopefully I'm wrong.

Also I will probably be bring my Paragon FemShep in first, and then later my Paragon MaleShep. I tried doing Renegade once, but it just didn't feel right, so I switched to Paragon completely.

PS: I still hate Ashely's redesign, I think she looks better in the first 2 games.

#58 Posted by TH1Sx1SxSPARTA (1882 posts) -
hope bioware doesnt screw it up
#59 Posted by xXShortroundXx (1807 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="xXShortroundXx"]

Looks more like an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

the-obiwan

i tottaly agree with you what a fail of post..and for that reasson it deserves this pic.

big failure

It's ironic because you can't see that Mass Effect is a series that has been dying in quality ever since the release of the first.

#60 Posted by harshv82 (1120 posts) -

[QUOTE="the-obiwan"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

xXShortroundXx

It's ironic because you can't see that Mass Effect is a series that has been dying in quality ever since the release of the first.

It's even ironic that you feel your opinion should hold weight over others. If you feel the game is degraded in quality, maybe it's not for you.

#61 Posted by texasgoldrush (9255 posts) -
It's ironic because you can't see that Mass Effect is a series that has been dying in quality ever since the release of the first.xXShortroundXx
but oh wait, it hasn't.....oops.
#62 Posted by Jankarcop (9629 posts) -

Any info on the classes?

I heard each one got a new move, and more evolutions. My favorite was Vanguard (charge owns).

#63 Posted by Doolz2024 (9605 posts) -

I'm keeping my expectations low. I'll say AA.

Also, importing in Renegade Male Shepard for my first playthrough.

#64 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

What's with the companions, only 6? That Kaidan dude is such a waste of space.

#65 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -

This one is great because it doesn't have the PS3 box art everywhere.

Importing Renegade Male Shepard.

#66 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -
just finished the arrival DLC last night, it got me wanting Mass Effect 3 badly. I really hope its the best game of the trilogy. If they pull that off, it would probably be my favourite game of 2012.
#67 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

edidili
kaidan is dead dude, lol.
#68 Posted by texasgoldrush (9255 posts) -

For the gameplay features

• Sweet, more customization is nice
  • Nice, lets hope the game is actually a challenge this time, unlike ME2
  • Combat speed increased in what way?
  • Dont like the removal of fatigue. But it the rest looks like an improvement to the action elements. After all, Mass Effect is an action game.
  • Not sure if I like this
  • Improved AI is nice, the AI in Mass Effect 2 was horrible
  • Woohoo!!! But what will the limit be? And what will it be based on? Number of weapons or weight?
  • Weapon customizability is nice, so a step up from Mass Effect 2 to ME1 levels. Materials? Not sure if I am happy about that.
  • More tactics? Sweet

For the Mass Effect fans out there, there are going to be Mass Effect 3 action figures. These will also come with a code for randomized exclusive DLC for the Multiplayer mode.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/1/24/2730550/mass-effect-3-action-figures-dlc-multiplayer-xbox-pc

Maroxad
For melee attacks....that great, because melee attacks in ME1 and ME2 suck. Now Infiltrators can play like Kasumi Goto did in ME2.Fatigue removal is good, but it never really was a factor. Weapon customization in ME1 was awful, ME3 keeps the ME2 style weapon system while increasing weapon customization. And really assault rifles all fired the same in ME1, not so in ME2. ME3 has both weapon variabilty and customization. Soliders can carry all weapon types, all other classes carry three, except for Engineers and Adepts, who carry two. What is not advertised here, is greater enemy types, more varied enemy types (all the Reaper husk enemies are different), and enemies that will give the solider class alot more trouble (giving them a nerf through enemy design). Techs and biotics are far more necessary. Really, despite the "stripping of RPG elements" in ME2, ME2 had more reliance on tactics due to superior gameplay balance than ME1. ME1 was broken and unbalanced as there were far too many overpowered abilities. Instead of forcably adding clumsy "RPG elements", Bioware is smart, they expand on ME2's combat foundation to add more "RPG elements" (which aren't really RPG elements but strategy elements if you truly look at it).
#69 Posted by texasgoldrush (9255 posts) -

edidili
No, these are your companions..... Ashley or Kaiden, Liara, Vega, Tali, Garrus, [spoiler] EDI and a Prothean [/spoiler] There are 6 or 7 slots for 8 characters.
#70 Posted by texasgoldrush (9255 posts) -
Any info on the classes? I heard each one got a new move, and more evolutions. My favorite was Vanguard (charge owns).Jankarcop
They get Nova now. However, Vanguards may get the nerf stick through enemy design as well. Engineers are definitely been jacked now that they have Chain Overload.
#71 Posted by illmatic87 (15293 posts) -
That's the corniest plot synopsis i've read since the amusing Red Faction Armageddon one. Cant wait for the game though, kinda glad Max Payne 3 slipped, I can play this sometime when everyone is discussing the game.
#72 Posted by illmatic87 (15293 posts) -

Kevin VanOrd said they plan to be less generous with handing out the 9's and 10's this year. Might be a 9, could very well be a 8.5.

Jabby250
It probably has more to do with the standards 2011s RPGs set our for it. Or the standards other genres set for it, Mass Effect is one with an interesting sum of parts.
#73 Posted by topsemag55 (19063 posts) -

• Dont like the removal of fatigue. But it the rest looks like an improvement to the action elements. After all, Mass Effect is an action game.
  • Woohoo!!! But what will the limit be? And what will it be based on? Number of weapons or weight?
  • Weapon customizability is nice, so a step up from Mass Effect 2 to ME1 levels. Materials? Not sure if I am happy about that.
  • More tactics? Sweet

For the Mass Effect fans out there, there are going to be Mass Effect 3 action figures. These will also come with a code for randomized exclusive DLC for the Multiplayer mode.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/1/24/2730550/mass-effect-3-action-figures-dlc-multiplayer-xbox-pc

Maroxad
The fatigue made absolutely no sense, as Shepard ran the same distance and slowed down while not wearing armor.
#74 Posted by Maroxad (8348 posts) -

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

• More tactics? Sweet

texasgoldrush

For melee attacks....that great, because melee attacks in ME1 and ME2 suck. Now Infiltrators can play like Kasumi Goto did in ME2.Fatigue removal is good, but it never really was a factor. Weapon customization in ME1 was awful, ME3 keeps the ME2 style weapon system while increasing weapon customization. And really assault rifles all fired the same in ME1, not so in ME2. ME3 has both weapon variabilty and customization. Soliders can carry all weapon types, all other classes carry three, except for Engineers and Adepts, who carry two. What is not advertised here, is greater enemy types, more varied enemy types (all the Reaper husk enemies are different), and enemies that will give the solider class alot more trouble (giving them a nerf through enemy design). Techs and biotics are far more necessary. Really, despite the "stripping of RPG elements" in ME2, ME2 had more reliance on tactics due to superior gameplay balance than ME1. ME1 was broken and unbalanced as there were far too many overpowered abilities. Instead of forcably adding clumsy "RPG elements", Bioware is smart, they expand on ME2's combat foundation to add more "RPG elements" (which aren't really RPG elements but strategy elements if you truly look at it).

Indeed melee did suck in ME1+2. But the the point regarding melee is more closely related to my distaste towards melee in other third person shooters, such as Uncharted. I might like the change, but it is just the bad taste from games like Uncharted that are making me concerned here.

I see, thanks for that. I always hated when a class or character is shoehorned into a certain weapon type. Of course, seeing mages run around with greatswords doesnt make much sense, but yeah, you get my point. I always hated how in most JRPGs, you have 0 customization what your characters attack with. I guess there is a reason I like Tactics Ogre and Pokemon so much.

I also like the idea of expanding both the RPG elements and the action elements. This is possible, but it is a challenge.

As for Topse, I might have misinterpreted it. Was a long time ago since I played ME2, but yeah, I think I remember now. Nevermind that point.

#75 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28422 posts) -
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Wasn't there another official Mass Effect 3 thread a while back? I mean, nice work on the post TC. Great work all around it's just...weird I guess. Oh well. I think it will be great but we'll see. I mean, the messed up the Dragon Age series. HOW DA HELL CAN YOU DO THAT? Answer: Dragon Age 2. :(

There was, but Ironbass had put in a reserve on the official hype thread with the mods, which as you can see he put in a lot of planning and time into. Musicalmac allowed that other one to operate as an UNofficial thread, but now the official one is in place.

that seems kind of dirty. 1.calling a thread. 2.this thread is obviously far less quality then the unofficial. 3.just the sheer fact of calling a thread I'm pretty sure forums aren't supposed to look like that...maybe Iron should have made his thread 2 months ago and put a hell of a lot more effort then he has then he would have the right to official threadship.
#76 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12203 posts) -

Superb thread. One of the best hype threads I've seen. Fitting, because Mass Effect 3 looks superb. I've had my Collector's Edition pre-ordered since June 2011. I have many Shepards to import, but my first/'canon' Shepard is Male/Paragon/Soldier.

#77 Posted by RisethNameless (906 posts) -

OOOOOH look at me, I'm Mr Sophisticated with my OFFICIAL tag.
I'm so OFFICIAL, ALL the Mass Effect 3 discussion here.

I hate Mass Effect...

#78 Posted by 001011000101101 (3989 posts) -
ME3 will be the best game ever made.
#79 Posted by SciFiRPGfan (694 posts) -

Holy **** there's a lot of paragons out there. Going from empirical observation I wouldn't have expected such a monstrous disparity.N30F3N1X

Many people want to try things out in videogames they would never dare to try in real life.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this one and if it will be good, to flame GS for undervaluing it in2012GoTY awards. I haven't read the leaked script so I am optimistic. =)

#80 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Nice thread Adobe.

Anyway, Am I the only one who thinks Vega looks like a complete tool?

#81 Posted by Doolz2024 (9605 posts) -

ME3 will be the best game ever made.001011000101101
:lol:

#82 Posted by 001011000101101 (3989 posts) -

[QUOTE="001011000101101"]ME3 will be the best game ever made.Doolz2024

Why are you laughing? We all know it's true.
#83 Posted by AdobeArtist (22945 posts) -

Nice thread Adobe.

Anyway, Am I the only one who thinks Vega looks like a complete tool?

Sagem28

Actuallly it's Ironbass' thread. He just asked me to manage it as some real world business cropped in for him soaking up his time.

#84 Posted by RisethNameless (906 posts) -
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="001011000101101"]ME3 will be the best game ever made.001011000101101

Not sure if serious? I seriously cannot understand the praise of that series
#85 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22142 posts) -

cant wait till i get the game for my birthday. Love the first and have read the first 3 books. still need to play the second. here's hoping bioware will expand the mass effect universe even there will be no shepard

#86 Posted by SecretPolice (22243 posts) -

AAA, that is all.

#87 Posted by 001011000101101 (3989 posts) -

[QUOTE="001011000101101"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]:lol:

RisethNameless

That's okay. You'll understand.. some day.

#88 Posted by RisethNameless (906 posts) -

[QUOTE="RisethNameless"][QUOTE="001011000101101"] Why are you laughing? We all know it's true.001011000101101

I don't think I will. That series is boring
#89 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

Kevin VanOrd said they plan to be less generous with handing out the 9's and 10's this year. Might be a 9, could very well be a 8.5.

Jabby250

Uhhh they barely handed out 9-10's in 2011, it was mostly 8 or 8.5's and it got to the point GS should just rate no game higher than a 8.5 apparently. Anyways already pre ordered the CE a few months ago, my body is ready for ME3.

#90 Posted by PAL360 (26940 posts) -

Nice thread man! I love the first two but, for some reason, im a bit skeptical on ME3. All my hopes are on AAA.

#91 Posted by anthonycg (2017 posts) -

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

• More tactics? Sweet

texasgoldrush

Customization didn't exist in ME2 unless you count pressing the button with the highest number as customization. The sheer number of weapon mod combinations was staggering in ME1. Maybe you just didn't take the time to experiment? Weapons in ME2 were a joke. You can't do ANYTHING to them at all! The only thing you can do in ME2 is stick ammo powers on and that cost a biotic slot... :? And half the time my support characters kept using their own to override mine.:? Once the Matlock was released all the other weapons became useless other than the infiltrator and Cain. And tactics don't exist in ME2 either. Although you probably didn't figure out how to blow through the game as a sentinel. Because if you level him up correctly you can go through most of the game without even taking cover. Vangaurd is another way to just demolish everything in this game although that takes a little practice. Even if you didn't figure this out, you could always just sit in one spot and just pop up and down until you kill everything in the room. There's nothing tactical about that at all. The only things that actually required strategy were those giant bug things and even they are easily exploited.

Biotics in ME2 sucked too. Instead of unbreaking them they just made them useless. Once the shields are down a headshot or two kills anything anyway. So push, pull e.t.c; are just a waste of slots. The only useful ones are tactical cloak, singularity which is really good for closing off choke points, charge is awesome but ONLY if you have a good shotgun, and cryo because it kills husks in one shot for some reason. I only use push and pull to throw people off of buildings which you don't get to do much in ME2 anyway.

#92 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

my question is whats happening to all the characters from 2.

Legion

Miranda

Jacob

Samara

Mordus

#93 Posted by Firebird-5 (2848 posts) -

Legion

Miranda

Jacob

Samara

Mordus

Animal-Mother
play and find out
#94 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Legion

Miranda

Jacob

Samara

Mordus

Firebird-5
play and find out

No duh :P but I really liked them. I do hope they return
#95 Posted by OhSnapitz (18458 posts) -

Day 1 Purchase!

Great thread btw..

#96 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

[QUOTE="001011000101101"]

[QUOTE="RisethNameless"]Not sure if serious? I seriously cannot understand the praise of that seriesRisethNameless

I don't think I will. That series is boring

for some people (myself included) mass effect feels like a dream game, you know, like it was made especially for you. its like the reality of the game you have been wanting to play since you first started gaming.

i loved the first, played it to completion about five times (i never do that) i enjoyed the second but thought some of the decisions (like getting rid of the mako) were bad.

I am looking forward to the third. will it be the best game ever? probably not, but it could well be one of the greatest trilogies in gaming.

i cannot wait to play it through with my character from 2007, thats another reason why its so well loved, every time i see my shepherd on screen, its like "i made that".

#97 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

Nice thread, good sir.... ME3, my most anticipated game of gen will score AAA.... and the kinect portion will actually be decent. thats my bet.

TheEroica
I agree except with the Kinect part, I feel that's shoehorned in and is needless, but w/e still AAA.
#98 Posted by freedomfreak (40998 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

Nice thread, good sir.... ME3, my most anticipated game of gen will score AAA.... and the kinect portion will actually be decent. thats my bet.

Heil68

I agree except with the Kinect part, I feel that's shoehorned in and is needless, but w/e still AAA.

I lol'd at that promotion video.
"Definitely better with Kinect"
"It's like I'm playing another game"

dear lord..

#99 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]Nice thread, good sir.... ME3, my most anticipated game of gen will score AAA.... and the kinect portion will actually be decent. thats my bet.freedomfreak

I lol'd at that promotion video. "Definitely better with Kinect""It's like I'm playing another game" dear lord..

It really makes me want to get the PC version, I'm not sure if my save file would import. since its tied to Origin? I did buy ME2 for PC when it was on sale so I could finish it up and import that save too..hmm.
#100 Posted by freedomfreak (40998 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Heil68"] I agree except with the Kinect part, I feel that's shoehorned in and is needless, but w/e still AAA. Heil68
I lol'd at that promotion video. "Definitely better with Kinect""It's like I'm playing another game" dear lord..

It really makes me want to get the PC version, I'm not sure if my save file would import. since its tied to Origin? I did buy ME2 for PC when it was on sale so I could finish it up and import that save too..hmm.

You could do that.