Official March NPD Thread - KEEP IT HERE- RESULTS IN

#401 Edited by Desmonic (13383 posts) -
#402 Edited by lglz1337 (3127 posts) -

It's time lemmings you should start hyping....LOL

#403 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

#404 Posted by mbrockway (3399 posts) -

@tyloss said:

IF THE PS4 doesn't outsell the XB1 this last month, I want a permanent ban.

Epic freaking balls here. Welp, was a fun gen. Guess its time to wrap this gen up, see you guys in 6 years for Sony vs. Amazon Box.

#405 Posted by kingtito (4853 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Kingpin0114 said:

"We’re also happy to share today that more than 5 million Xbox One consoles have been sold-in to retailers since our launch"

• Xbox One continues selling at a strong pace with 311,000 units sold in the U.S. in the month of March, surpassing Xbox 360 sales by more than 60 percent at the same point in time.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/xbox-one-march-npd

btw the 5milion is shipped not sold through. Just to point out.

aren't all numbers given by companies "shipped"

no, sold-through means sold to customers. sold to retailers means retailers have bought them from MS but they're sitting in shops.

Sony doesn't report sold-through numbers for anything. Everything is shipped to retailers and always has been. Let's not get it twisted.

Sony has been reporting sold-through numbers for months now, specically stating sold through ... we had one for the 7mil+ mark. o.O. Nice try though.

No they haven't. They report just like everyone else does. It just happens that the PS4 has been sold out since launch so you could say within reason that it's sold through. Sony is still only reporting shipped though.

I gave you a new fresh comment to quote instead of having me do this. But again. You're wrong. Read up.

Proves nothing dude. PS4 sold out hence the say it's sold through. It's not rocket science but you go on believing that all of a sudden Sony has sales data that no one else could get, not even during the PS2 days when they dominated.

#406 Edited by Senor_Kami (8327 posts) -

#407 Edited by mems_1224 (46492 posts) -

Not surprised the best game this year outsold everything.

#408 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13375 posts) -

Well, here's something we can all agree on at least.

#409 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

Best TV scene in a long time.

Any word on how TitanGreatness sold?

#410 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito said:

So let's get this straight. PS1, PS2 and PS3 sales were all shipped but all of a sudden Sony is not getting the actual data directly from the retailers? Sorry but I call BS. Sony knows the PS4 has been pretty much sold out so they're obviously going to claim sold and into consumers hands but they're not getting any other special sales data than what MS or nintendo is getting. Your post proves absolutely nothing. You'll see later on after the sales die down all of a sudden it'll be shipped.

Now that is some serious damage control and downplaying if I ever did see it. Holy christ bottomlem. They've been stating this everytime they've hit a milestone mark. All stating sold through. Deal with it, dude.

#412 Posted by Willy105 (24511 posts) -

@kingtito: Distributors get both numbers; but the companies only use the one that's more beneficial to them. If they want to show how popular something is, they use the sold number; but if they want to make it seem popular, they use the shipped number.

#413 Posted by kingtito (4853 posts) -

@kingtito said:

So let's get this straight. PS1, PS2 and PS3 sales were all shipped but all of a sudden Sony is not getting the actual data directly from the retailers? Sorry but I call BS. Sony knows the PS4 has been pretty much sold out so they're obviously going to claim sold and into consumers hands but they're not getting any other special sales data than what MS or nintendo is getting. Your post proves absolutely nothing. You'll see later on after the sales die down all of a sudden it'll be shipped.

Now that is some serious damage control and downplaying if I ever did see it. Holy christ bottomlem. They've been stating this everytime they've hit a milestone mark. All stating sold through. Deal with it, dude.

No kid, I'm not DCing anything. I really don't care about sales. I'm just pointing out that all 3 companies announce shipped sales. They're not selling direct so they sell to retailers. It's not hard to understand how Sony would come at that conclusion though. They're pretty much sold out every where so of course they're going to say it's sold through to customers. Next year these same sales numbers will be back to shipped.

#414 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito Face it, if microsoft had sold to consumers they'd state sold-through and not shipped to retailers. Guaranteed. Sorry, kiddo.

#415 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

Huh, I was wrong about the Wii-U. I thought it was going sell around in the eighty thousands like last time. It actually went up a bit.

Not surprised by the One's and PS4's numbers, although I thought the One would get ahead because of TitanFall. I imagine the sales will go back down in two or three months unless another huge release occur.

#416 Edited by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -

@Kingpin0114 said:

"We’re also happy to share today that more than 5 million Xbox One consoles have been sold-in to retailers since our launch"

• Xbox One continues selling at a strong pace with 311,000 units sold in the U.S. in the month of March, surpassing Xbox 360 sales by more than 60 percent at the same point in time.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/xbox-one-march-npd

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Knew it knew it knew it...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So all the price cuts and Titanfall bundles were done to move the whole 900k unsold on December so that retailers buy more so they could claim a higher numbers and make seen like the xbox one is closer to the PS4 than they are..hahahahaaaaaaaaa

So they are probably at 4.2 million now..lol

Lets wait for Stormyjoe,blackace and the lemming crew to ride the sold to retailer number..lol

So you're saying that Xbox One sold 0 units in January and February?

#417 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

Of course lems_1224 would say that

#418 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@kingtito: Distributors get both numbers; but the companies only use the one that's more beneficial to them. If they want to show how popular something is, they use the sold number; but if they want to make it seem popular, they use the shipped number.

Nice post.

#419 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
#420 Posted by tormentos (17051 posts) -

@kingtito said:

BTW they've ALWAYS been shipped and not sold through....just pointing that out.

No December 3 million numbers was sold through,it was latter found that they shipped 3.9 million and that only 3 million sold,the actual sold to retailed numbers on December 28 was 3.9 million.

#421 Posted by kingtito (4853 posts) -

@kingtito Face it, if microsoft had sold to consumers they'd state sold-through and not shipped to retailers. Guaranteed. Sorry, kiddo.

Still doesn't negate the fact that Sony's numbers are also shipped. They're not getting any more sales information that the other 2 aren't.

You're just blind like any other cow. I'm done with this conversation. You keep your sales victory kid, I'll continue to enjoy my games.

#422 Edited by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

lmao at cows getting all excited over the ps4 sales!

Xboxone is selling a little less right now just like how the ps3 was selling less than the 360 each month.

But who cares, sales are not games. Cows dont have two AAA games like Forza and titanfall. No good games like Killer Instinct and Dead Rising (Infamous sucks compared to those games) cows have no games to play so they brag about ps4 selling a little more than the xbox. Its not selling much more so calm down cows. The cows need some games to play, they spend to much time here being butthurt, its pretty sad.

#423 Posted by Desmonic (13383 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Of course. Silly biased lem_1224!

#424 Edited by tymeservesfate (1570 posts) -

yup, no denying it. the ps4 is kicking major ass, consistently. still surprising though...the ps4 doesnt have many attractive games to keep taking the sales like this, nonetheless....

no one can say its the price difference either. MS knocked 50 off the XB1's price point and even threw in Titanfall as the cherry on top, and it still couldnt take March. that's saying a lot. cows have every right to be rowdy right now...

#425 Posted by ButDuuude (418 posts) -

The PS4 is "the one" this gen.

#426 Edited by kingtito (4853 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

The 1st logical response. That makes sense.

#427 Posted by Chutebox (36577 posts) -

Ouch...

#428 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

Still doesn't negate the fact that Sony's numbers are also shipped. They're not getting any more sales information that the other 2 aren't.

You're just blind like any other cow. I'm done with this conversation. You keep your sales victory kid, I'll continue to enjoy my games.

You also said that Sony has never reported sold through, as an ultimatum. I'm just proving you wrong that's all. If Microsoft had the same demand they'd be doing the same. Sold-through > Shipped to retailers, NPD or not they'd report it.

1mil sold through in NA

And cool, you won't need to reply to this then bottomlem. Be on your way with your games.

#429 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

It seems theres nothing left to help x1 reclaim the top spot in the US(WW is already a lost cause) for the foreseeable future. MS really screwed up.

#430 Posted by mems_1224 (46492 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Dont get mad at me because you suck at Titanfall FailzonBlazer

#431 Edited by lglz1337 (3127 posts) -
@kingtito said:

@misterpmedia said:

link

get over it

Microsoft's number of 5 million Xbox Ones shipped to retailers puts it significantly behind PlayStation 4's 7+ million sold to consumers, which Sony announced yesterday.

#432 Edited by lglz1337 (3127 posts) -
@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Xboxone is selling a little less right now just like how the ps3 was selling less than the 360 each month.

But who cares, sales are not games. Cows dont have two AAA games like Forza and titanfall. No good games like Killer Instinct and Dead Rising (Infamous sucks compared to those games) cows have no games to play so they brag about ps4 selling a little more than the xbox. Its not selling much more so calm down cows. The cows need some games to play, they spend to much time here being butthurt, its pretty sad.

look who's butthurt LMAO

#433 Posted by Desmonic (13383 posts) -

Dat flip-flop!

#434 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

And we have our first lem melt down. I guess someone had to go first. hahaha.

#435 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: Dude you're completely wrong, just quietly exit this thread kid.

yup, no denying it. the ps4 is kicking major ass, consistently. still surprising though...the ps4 doesnt have many attractive games to keep taking the sales like this, nonetheless....

no one can say its the price difference either. MS knocked 50 off the XB1's price point and even threw in Titanfall as the cherry on top, and it still couldnt take March. that's saying a lot. cows have every right to be rowdy right now...

You guys have taken your "L" gracefully, very mature.

#436 Edited by GamingGod999 (2956 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

The PS4 has AAA rated games, although none of them are exclusives, so I'll give you that (Xbone only has one AAAE game - Forza 5).

Also, if we're going to be judging games based on the scores they've received, then Infamous (GS - 8; MC - 80) beats both Dead Rising 3 (GS - 7; MC 79) and Killer Instinct (GS - 7; MC 73).

Finally, the attachment rate for both machines are pretty similar, making the idea of Cows 'not playing any games' ridiculous and self-pwnage for Lems. Infamous: SS sold a million copies within the first nine days of its release.

#437 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

bush tweeting X1 won march. Guess tyloss needs banned

But he was right.

#438 Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -

@tyloss said:

IF THE PS4 doesn't outsell the XB1 this last month, I want a permanent ban.

Epic freaking balls here. Welp, was a fun gen. Guess its time to wrap this gen up, see you guys in 6 years for Sony vs. Amazon Box.

Amazon Box? That's already out. It's called
FireTV" and it's $99

#439 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

@TigerSuperman:

Bro, it's SONY HAS SOLD THROUGH MEANING THEY HAVE PUT 7 MILLION PS4'S INTO CUSTOMERS HANDS. People still can't find ps4's in stores, I know I can't so that means that every ps4 they sent to stores it's being bought up fast. Microsoft has announced they only shipped 5 million units to stores meaning you can find loads of xbox one's in stores and guess what everytime I go to the store I see loads of xbox ones and no ps4's. Give it up kid, Microsoft lost this month, Titan Falled off.

#440 Posted by MonsieurX (29483 posts) -

@TigerSuperman:

Bro, it's SONY HAS SOLD THROUGH MEANING THEY HAVE PUT 7 MILLION PS4'S INTO CUSTOMERS HANDS. People still can't find ps4's in stores, I know I can't so that means that every ps4 they sent to stores it's being bought up fast. Microsoft has announced they only shipped 5 million units to stores meaning you can find loads of xbox one's in stores and guess what everytime I go to the store I see loads of xbox ones and no ps4's. Give it up kid, Microsoft lost this month, Titan Falled off.

It's been in stock pretty much everywhere for the past weeks.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

#441 Edited by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

Lems got AAA games they are playing, no butthurt at all. Cows like you are mad butthurt though. Butthurt because Lems got the good games (Titanfall,forza5,dead rising, Killer Instinct) while cows got Killzone and Knack lmao stay butthurt.

#442 Posted by kingtito (4853 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@kingtito: Dude you're completely wrong, just quietly exit this thread kid.

@tymeservesfate said:

You guys have taken your "L" gracefully, very mature.

Only 1 person has given any logical reason for the sold through vs shipped son....it's not you dumbass. Now go back to your moms room and ask if you can stay up late so you can talk to all the other cows about how great that game called sales is.

#443 Posted by MonsieurX (29483 posts) -

Lems got AAA games they are playing, no butthurt at all. Cows like you are mad butthurt though. Butthurt because Lems got the good games (Titanfall,forza5,dead rising, Killer Instinct) while cows got Killzone and Knack lmao stay butthurt.

-4/10

#444 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

lol, wut?

#445 Posted by lglz1337 (3127 posts) -

SALTY

#446 Edited by tonitorsi (8296 posts) -

#447 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

#448 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4035 posts) -

The tears on Twitter, you guys. The tears. The lemming scum are even denying it's 7 million PS4s sold to consumers!

#449 Edited by tonitorsi (8296 posts) -
#450 Posted by lglz1337 (3127 posts) -

lemmings still in shock ?