Official March NPD Thread - KEEP IT HERE- RESULTS IN

#151 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13564 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

Hey , someone said they come out on the 14th... It's the 14th where are the numbers?

m$ is refusing to release them, they are currently in talks to buy the firm that releases npd numbers because they cant take the shame any more. lems should take note of their idol company and pipe down, ps4 will dominate march #truestory

I always knew MS paid attention to SW. I guess ever since the reveal Microsoft's found out in a rather harsh way just how badly word of mouth can effect them.

#152 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4010 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

Hey , someone said they come out on the 14th... It's the 14th where are the numbers?

m$ is refusing to release them, they are currently in talks to buy the firm that releases npd numbers because they cant take the shame any more. lems should take note of their idol company and pipe down, ps4 will dominate march #truestory

I always knew MS paid attention to SW. I guess ever since the reveal Microsoft's found out in a rather harsh way just how badly word of mouth can effect them.

tormatos and i can haz have completely ruined m$ morale. good job guys, keep spreading the truth

#153 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13564 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

tormatos and i can haz have completely ruined m$ morale. good job guys, keep spreading the truth

Don't forget Sonygaf.

#154 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

Our saviors!

#155 Posted by jsolidus (150 posts) -

I think everyone expects the x1 to sell more. M$ put a lot out for the x1 to sell, bundled x1, price drop, free game However it kind of weird that M$ is not reporting numbers. M$ is a company that likes to gloat.

#156 Posted by super600 (30406 posts) -

@jsolidus said:

I think everyone expects the x1 to sell more. M$ put a lot out for the x1 to sell, bundled x1, price drop, free game However it kind of weird that M$ is not reporting numbers. M$ is a company that likes to gloat.

EA is the only one that knows how much titanfall sold. They will reveal titanfall's current LTD soon.

#157 Posted by NVIDIAking (34 posts) -

Super600 is so low end, it's time to upgrade to super9000

#158 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4010 posts) -

1 day to go!!! a storm is brewing. lems be warned

ps4 - 475k, x1 400k is my prediction

#159 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9959 posts) -

PS4 - 175K

X1 - 200K

#160 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10004 posts) -

The suspense is killing me

#161 Posted by Shewgenja (8525 posts) -

In B4 "Cows play sales"?

#162 Edited by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

X1 will take it this month, don't know by how much as it's not my region.

We really need an update on WW numbers, MS' silence is deafening.

#163 Posted by monson21502 (8061 posts) -

xbox one 2-1 all systems combined....

#164 Posted by tacoma1972 (147 posts) -

No matter what X1 has lost. Even if they manage to sell more it wont last and look at the effort it would have taken to try to sell more for one month.

Titan Fall packed in

Price drops on X1

Mass Marketing (the X1 and Titan Fall was on every web site and in every publication)

#165 Edited by jsmoke03 (12793 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: and MS does ? and 3rd party not important anymore ?

So,you deflect my point

LOL

Cows last gen: but multiplats aren't that good,dem exclusives!

Cows this gen: let's hype the 3rd party games cause we don't have exclusives

Dat hypocrisy

hypocrisy goes both ways monsieur...fanboys on both sides are adopting each others arguments from last gen. its seriously funny to see this from a non fanboy perspective.

#166 Posted by kuu2 (7008 posts) -

This is going to be a monster thread tomorrow..............

Can't wait!

#167 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@kuu2: get a jump star on your next alt.

#168 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6192 posts) -

XBOX ONE: 548,589

PS4: 190,560

Wii U: 17

#169 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2771 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

This is going to be a monster thread tomorrow..............

Can't wait!

I know lol....I don't usually obsess about sales but this is going to be interesting, emotions will fly tomorrow .

#170 Posted by kuu2 (7008 posts) -

XBOX ONE: 548,589

PS4: 190,560

Wii U: 17

That is pretty close to what I think for sure.

What is Nintendo going to do?

#171 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Lems if PS4 wins: " Cows only play sales because they have nothing else"

Lems if XB1 wins: who am I kidding, that's not possible.

#172 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6192 posts) -

@kuu2: right now Nintendo is on the fast track to the bad side. I don't see them being aggressive enough to change things around.

Sony seems like they have joined them in a dead heat race to go out of business.

#173 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

@kuu2: right now Microsoft is on the fast track to the bad side. I don't see them being aggressive enough to change things around.

Microsoft seems like they have joined them in a dead heat race to go out of business.

Fixed.

#174 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6192 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kuu2: right now Microsoft is on the fast track to the bad side. I don't see them being aggressive enough to change things around.

Microsoft seems like they have joined them in a dead heat race to go out of business.

Fixed.

You cant alter someones quote. Thats twice now i am reporting you.

#175 Posted by lostrib (35086 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Fixed.

You cant alter someones quote. Thats twice now i am reporting you.

Oh snap! Shit just got real!

#176 Posted by Sagemode87 (816 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: Someone's mad lol. Tired of getting owned left and right? I think you need a break from this place.

#177 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -
#179 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

IF THE PS4 doesn't outsell the XB1 this last month, I want a permanent ban.

#180 Posted by lostrib (35086 posts) -

@tyloss said:

so if X1 beats PS4 in the March NPD you want to get banned?

#181 Edited by misterpmedia (3364 posts) -

Are we predicting 'Xbox*' again this NPD? :P

Gotta give love to the Xbox family now ;)

*cloud not included.

#182 Posted by misterpmedia (3364 posts) -

@tyloss said:

Dude that is....a ballsy prediction. Kudos.

#183 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

PS4 - 250K

Xbox One - 280K

A small victory by Xbox One (primarily due to Titanfall) but ultimately, Titanfall didn't move enough consoles to deter the PS4's overall momentum.

#184 Posted by Shewgenja (8525 posts) -

@tyloss said:

Well, that was an account suicide.

#185 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

@misterpmedia: all or nothing .

PlayStation 4 dominates Xbox One, that's my prediction.

#186 Posted by Shewgenja (8525 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@misterpmedia: all or nothing .

PlayStation 4 dominates Xbox One, that's my prediction.

They only ship 300,000 units to the US each month, though.

#187 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@Shewgenja: wait really? No doubting you but link ?

#188 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

wonder how many people are going to be banned today

#189 Posted by Heil68 (43625 posts) -

Hope it's good news for the Xbone and lems today, they sure need some! *fingers crossed*

#190 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

No matter what X1 has lost. Even if they manage to sell more it wont last and look at the effort it would have taken to try to sell more for one month.

Titan Fall packed in

Price drops on X1

Mass Marketing (the X1 and Titan Fall was on every web site and in every publication)

One month is still one month, but the One needs a WW price drop or to even get a bit lower than the PS4. They have the games, updates, and features to have a very strong year even as they trail the PS4 in overall sales. But more than everything a worldwide price drop needs to occur. After that its games and features all day and night. MS is far from out of the game and TF has helped and will going forward as its DLC keeps the community playing. I'm not sold at all that the One will catch the PS4 in sales this year, but achieving price parity and a very strong E3 will ensure a successful year no doubt.

#191 Posted by Desmonic (13546 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

One month is still one month, but the One needs a WW price drop or to even get a bit lower than the PS4. They have the games, updates, and features to have a very strong year even as they trail the PS4 in overall sales. But more than everything a worldwide price drop needs to occur. After that its games and features all day and night. MS is far from out of the game and TF has helped and will going forward as its DLC keeps the community playing. I'm not sold at all that the One will catch the PS4 in sales this year, but achieving price parity and a very strong E3 will ensure a successful year no doubt.

That would imply selling at a (decent) loss, as it's doubtfull that production wise either console is ready to scratch $100 of it's current price tag. If I'm not mistaken PS4 makes around $18 per console and XB1 makes around $29-ish. So perhaps it's a bit too soon for something so "extreme". $50 would be a start (and far less damaging).

#192 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@shawn30 said:

That would imply selling at a (decent) loss, as it's doubtfull that production wise either console is ready to scratch $100 of it's current price tag. If I'm not mistaken PS4 makes around $18 per console and XB1 makes around $29-ish. So perhaps it's a bit too soon for something so "extreme". $50 would be a start (and far less damaging).

I agree with the logic, but MS is 3 million behind and won't be out in a number of countries until September and are falling behind bigtime overseas. This may be the time for a price parity drop and eat the loss early on to build a strong base even as you trail the PS4. Fanboy fun like here at SW aside, games, features and price sell systems. MS needs to be at or lower than the PS4. That doesn't ensure it will suddenly leapfrog it in sales. Not saying that at all. But Come the worldwide release in September, they need price parity and a shitload of games to have a strong year. At this point that's gotta be the goal going forward IMHO. Now I know its easy to say as someone who isn't a stockholder or anything, but just looking at trends, price is still the biggest killer and parity is a must.

#193 Posted by Chutebox (36765 posts) -

Heh, I say x1 by 50k

#194 Posted by Animal-Mother (26583 posts) -

I've never been more amped for an NPD.
God I hope something nuts happens.

#195 Edited by intotheminx (597 posts) -

If Microsoft didn't win last month then that is a disaster. With all of the Titanfall bundle ads all over the place and the small price drop...well it would be a shame lol.

#196 Posted by Ghost120x (3751 posts) -

USA is xbox land. I know because I live there.
Predictions:

Xboxone> PS4

Titanfall> infamous

Ps4>xbox 360

3ds>xbox 360

xbox 360> ps3

Wii U>Ps vita

Ps vita>??

#197 Posted by kingtito (4893 posts) -

If Microsoft didn't win last month then that is a disaster. With all of the Titanfall bundle ads all over the place and the small price drop...well it would be a shame lol.

Was there a price drop in NA? NPD is only NA

#198 Posted by lostrib (35086 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@intotheminx said:

There were a lot of titanfall bundles for $450 at some point

#199 Posted by kingtito (4893 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@kingtito said:

@intotheminx said:

There were a lot of titanfall bundles for $450 at some point

I thought that was only overseas. Guess I didn't pay close enough attention.

#200 Posted by kunal_anand50 (79 posts) -

How much time is left for the NPD to release its data for the month?