Official March NPD Thread - KEEP IT HERE- RESULTS IN

#551 Posted by kingtito (5001 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito Face it, if microsoft had sold to consumers they'd state sold-through and not shipped to retailers. Guaranteed. Sorry, kiddo.

None of the numbers are Sold To Consumers. Over 7 million sold is to retailers. Over 5 million is to retailers. That's the way it always is unless they actually say "Sold to Consumers" and they've only did that after launch day when both PS4 and XB1 sold 1 million to consumers in 24hrs. So yes, you're right. None of these numbers are sold to consumers. Who the hell is saying that?

The Xbox One didn't sell 1 million in 24 hours, only the PS4 did. Link please.

OT: Microsoft has already pulled all their major punch-cards this year. Even then they could not secure a victory. A Dramatic Price Drop is needed it seems.

No they didn't kid. Let's not forget the XOne is STILL the most expensive console that's had by far the worst press. The PS3 didn't sell well for years in NA even after games like MGS4 launched. The XOne is no different and until MS lowers the price to match or beat the PS4, it'll continue this way.

Cows need to stop making mountains out of mole hills.

#552 Posted by Giancar (19068 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

No Tituhfuhh numbers either. I expected them last NPD.

1 Million according to creamsugar.

Other interesting things:

• SS < 500k
  • WiiU + Wii < 100k
  • PSV = Dead (like 11k)
#553 Edited by Kingpin0114 (2598 posts) -

Lem damage control is delivering the laughs.

#554 Posted by ButDuuude (475 posts) -

This video will calm lems down.

#555 Posted by Dilrod (4239 posts) -

@Giancar: I would like to see the breakdown since it included PC sales.

#556 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5077 posts) -

@Giancar said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

No Tituhfuhh numbers either. I expected them last NPD.

1 Million according to creamsugar.

Other interesting things:

• SS < 500k
  • WiiU + Wii < 100k
  • PSV = Dead (like 11k)

Matched by Infamous worldwide? Interesting.

MS may as well just rename the Xbone the Titanbox and be done with it.

#557 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

What we can take from this NPD:

1. TitanFall isn't a System Seller

2. PS4 will likely continue to outsell the XB1 through this year.

3. Sonys PS4 is the most popular console of this generation, so far.

#558 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: that's what I said "Microsoft needs a dramatic price drop" clean those fanboy tears out your eyes and actually read.

#559 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5077 posts) -

One day closer to Xbox and their shitty fanbase being buried forever.

#560 Edited by kingtito (5001 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@kingtito: that's what I said "Microsoft needs a dramatic price drop" clean those fanboy tears out your eyes and actually read.

No you said, and I quote "Microsoft has already pulled all their major punch-cards this year." As if april were the end of the year. Open your cow eyes kid.

#561 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: I said both.

Serious question,

What other punch cards do they have then, do tell?

A Halo remake?

Kinect Game?

Another Price Cut?

#562 Edited by sora16perfect (707 posts) -

Guess Titanfall wasn't the big system seller that everyone thought it was going to be. Can't really say I didn't see that coming.

#563 Posted by -CC- (1893 posts) -

Kinectless SKU for 100 less than whatever the current PS4 price would move some systems. I think most would still go for the better/stronger system but it would help. The current Xbone at 4-500 is DOA.

#564 Edited by kingtito (5001 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@kingtito: I said both.

Serious question,

What other punch cards do they have then, do tell?

A Halo remake?

Kinect Game?

Another Price Cut?

What do you mean another price cut? How about a real one to begin with. The console is still $500 which makes it the most expensive console.

#565 Posted by Daious (1356 posts) -

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito Face it, if microsoft had sold to consumers they'd state sold-through and not shipped to retailers. Guaranteed. Sorry, kiddo.

None of the numbers are Sold To Consumers. Over 7 million sold is to retailers. Over 5 million is to retailers. That's the way it always is unless they actually say "Sold to Consumers" and they've only did that after launch day when both PS4 and XB1 sold 1 million to consumers in 24hrs. So yes, you're right. None of these numbers are sold to consumers. Who the hell is saying that?

xboxone did not sell a million in 24 hours.

#566 Posted by Seabas989 (10375 posts) -

Imagine when the PS4 actually has system sellers. Looks like I'll be getting one later this year assuming Sony's E3 delivers.

#567 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

TitanTanic

#568 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: so you decided to fixate on one thing, given you had no counter argument?

The Xbox One was readily available at the price of 450 dollars along with TitanFall included.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/titanfall-bundle#fbid=sNy-ZjNykAc

Microsofts own site sold the Xbox One with 60 dollars in savings (TitanFall), effectively making it cheaper than a Playstaion 4 + a game*

*Of course you could choose your own game on the PS4 thus not making it a concrete comparison.

#569 Edited by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

@ButDuuude said:

This video will calm lems down.

For being so Goddamn terrible?

#570 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: actually it's 450 with TitanFall included. making the Xbox effectively 390.

http://xbox.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbPage.PDPS/Xbox-One-Titanfall-Edition/productID.295570800

From Microsofts own site.

#571 Edited by kingtito (5001 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@kingtito: so you decided to fixate on one thing, given you had no counter argument?

The Xbox One was readily available at the price of 450 dollars along with TitanFall included.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/titanfall-bundle#fbid=sNy-ZjNykAc

Microsofts own site sold the Xbox One with 60 dollars in savings (TitanFall), effectively making it cheaper than a Playstaion 4 + a game*

*Of course you could choose your own game on the PS4 thus not making it a concrete comparison.

I pointed out 1 thing which was all I wanted to do. You're the one keeping this lame argument alive

It's not right now not $450

XOne is still more expensive no matter how you try to twist the numbers around kid. $399 won't get me an XOne and all people will see is that 449-499 price tag compared to 399. When you're old enough to do your own shopping you'll know what I'm talking about.

#572 Posted by kingtito (5001 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@kingtito: actually it's 450 with TitanFall included. making the Xbox effectively 390.

http://xbox.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbPage.PDPS/Xbox-One-Titanfall-Edition/productID.295570800

From Microsofts own site.

No, it's makes the XOne 450 because you can't get it without the digital download. Stop trying to twist the numbers around kid. XOne is STILL the most expensive console.

#573 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

so i see this is going well

#574 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: The Xbox One is more expensive than the PS4 (technically). I'm not denying that. In terms of MSRP however, it's not.

I'll ask again, what killer "apps" or "surprises" does Microsoft have.

I'll take it you have no idea and your fanboy instincts made you automatically defend a subject matter you had no knowledge on.

#575 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@kingtito: The Xbox One is more expensive than the PS4 (technically). I'm not denying that. In terms of MSRP however, it's not.

I'll take it you have no idea and your fanboy instincts made you automatically defend a subject matter you had no knowledge on.

by apps do you mean games? or like skype and shit?

#576 Edited by kingtito (5001 posts) -

@Indicud said:

What killer "apps" or "surprises" does the PS4 have? Price is price dude and that's the 1st thing people see. Keep trying to move those goal post kid.

I'm the fanboy yet you're the idiot running around saying MS has nothing else only 4 months into this year. I play all system kid and prefer my PC by far. Consoles are pretty weak this gen and there really aren't any compelling games I want to play yet.

#577 Posted by Nike_Air (18334 posts) -

creamsugar -

• Yoshi's New Island: SW+HW < 160k
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD: PS3/PSV = 4/1
  • XBO megaton / PS4 megaton > 2/1 (Include bundle)
  • Dark Souls II:<350k, PS3 ~ 51%
  • MGS V demo: <280k, PS4 ~ 54%, XBO ~ 20%, PS3 ~ 19%
  • South Park < 440k, 360 ~ 55%
  • PS4 megaton < 0.5m
  • Wii + Wii U < 100k
  • Oh, and vita is officially dead. Very close to 4 digits.

1+ million for TitanFall - (includes bundles+PC , i think)

David Gibson (twitter)

https://twitter.com/gibbogame

• 3DS - 159k
  • Wii U - just over 70k
  • Wii - 28k
  • PSV - just over 10k
  • PSP ~ 5k

#578 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

notice the lack of lemmings ?

they went inside a bunker and titancrap threads will be in decline from now on

and

hHAHAJAhA Lems

#579 Posted by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

notice the lack of lenmings ?

they went inside a bunker

Probably a grammatical bunker, in order to hide from you.

#580 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@lglz1337 said:

notice the lack of lenmings ?

they went inside a bunker

Probably a grammatical bunker, in order to hide from you.

Burn

#581 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@lundy86_4: hahaha the grammatical excuse steps in now you know what time it is

Butthurt with chocolate

#582 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Butthurt with chocolate

^fatty

#583 Posted by Couth_ (10158 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

creamsugar -

• Dark Souls II:<350k, PS3 ~ 51%
  • MGS V demo: <280k, PS4 ~ 54%, XBO ~ 20%, PS3 ~ 19%

I think with these two and GT6 we can debunk the whole "releasing on last gen because of higher install base is better" myth...Early adopters are HUNGRY for games and will buy them.. 7 year old hardware not so much

#584 Posted by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Butthurt with chocolate

Excuse? Get your shit straight, and I needn't bother.

#585 Posted by sailor232 (4805 posts) -

Don't get how the xbox is doa when it is selling better than expected. Both systems are in a very very healthy state, which is always great for us gamers.

#586 Edited by Sagemode87 (1002 posts) -

@kingtito: You have a shit argument. PS4 has a meager 100 dollar price advantage. 360 was 2 to 300 dollars cheaper than PS3. Get out of here with that damage control. Man up and accept ownage, you're making a fool of yourself. Even Kuu2 manned up.

#587 Edited by Sagemode87 (1002 posts) -

This place isn't what it used to be. Vgchartz and NeoGaf equivalent forums on this topic has exploded with 40 to 50 page threads. Their forums are a lot better than this place ..... I mean just 12 pages? Seriously.

#588 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

This place isn't what it used to be. Vgchartz and NeoGaf equivalent forums on this topic has exploded with 40 to 50 page threads. Their forums are a lot better than this place ..... I mean just 12 pages? Seriously.

then go there

#589 Edited by Sagemode87 (1002 posts) -

@lostrib: Um upset about something? I'm on all sites, suggestion noted.......

#590 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@lostrib: Um upset about something? I'm on all sites, suggestion noted.......

Yes, you seem to be

#591 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@lundy86_4: stay mad

i know you expected to say TCHBO today

#592 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@kingtito: You can't answer my question , so you try to deflect it. Not surprised.

To answer your question the PS4 has no killer apps coming out this year. As history has proven so far, it doesn't need one to lead its competition however.

Price was not a factor in the PS4 claiming a victory in NA this month for the 3rd month in a row.

Stop trying to use that excuse , you look foolish.

@Lostrib, I mean games.

#593 Posted by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Did you learn nothing? Grammar, you nitwit.

#594 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

^mad cuz bad

#595 Edited by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@lundy86_4: hahaha

need a hug ?

#596 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Holy shit. Lems and herms are going completely Mt. Vesuvius up in here.

#597 Posted by finalstar2007 (25271 posts) -

Lems were so sure that xbox would be first today but how sad.. hey there is always next gen right?

bet EA are sad about a lot of things right now lol

as i guessed it PS4 first place and xbox last place congrats to all

#598 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Holy shit. Lems and herms are going completely Mt. Vesuvius up in here.

?

#599 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

@finalstar2007: I don't think anyone should be surprised the Playstation 4 beat the Xbox One.

It's the better console, period.

#600 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@lostrib: uncultured scrub.