Official Halo 4 Hype Thread - GS Review 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by majestix1988 (708 posts) -

AAA -A = AA(when comes to OFfline mode) i prefer single playing

#302 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

It'll be AAA. I have no interest in it, but I don't think it'll score less than AAA at GS.

NeonNinja

You're not getting the game?

I only play on PC and iOS now. Maybe later WiiU once Bayonetta 2 rolls around.

Hmm, I always took you for a big Halo fan.

#303 Posted by soulitane (13412 posts) -
This game has mechs? :(
#304 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
This game has mechs? :(soulitane
Copying one of the best multiplayers out there, StarHawk. Add that to the list of copying Call of Duty etc.
#305 Posted by soulitane (13412 posts) -
[QUOTE="soulitane"]This game has mechs? :(DrTrafalgarLaw
Copying one of the best multiplayers out there, StarHawk. Add that to the list of copying Call of Duty etc.

Try harder next time, plenty of games have mechs. I guess UC copied Halo having a theatre mode :o Both arguments are equally silly.
#306 Posted by PAL360 (26648 posts) -

Jelly or butthurt?

#307 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="soulitane"]This game has mechs? :(PAL360

Jelly or butthurt?

both.
#308 Posted by PAL360 (26648 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Copying one of the best multiplayers out there, StarHawk. Add that to the list of copying Call of Duty etc.sts106mat

Jelly or butthurt?

both.

;)

#309 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="soulitane"]This game has mechs? :(PAL360

Jelly or butthurt?

I'm just saying, if you're out to copy...you better be copying one of the best games out there. The 343 director/ceo himself said he was a massive CoD fan.
#310 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

No.

You don't have to try this hard to downplay Halo as a franchise, it comes off as desperate.

#311 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Copying one of the best multiplayers out there, StarHawk. Add that to the list of copying Call of Duty etc.DrTrafalgarLaw

Jelly or butthurt?

I'm just saying, if you're out to copy...you better be copying one of the best games out there. The 343 director/ceo himself said he was a massive CoD fan.

as has been said before, COD copied halo in many respects before halo borrowed a couple of ideas. people acting like taking on a few ideas that other games have had is a bad thing. lol, halo was criticised by cows for not evolving, now they show they make changes and are cows now calling it a copy cat, F****ng sad.
#312 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -
Bovine, please remain calm.
#313 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -

also, if you think they had time to see mechs in starhawk and then stick them in the game, you are warped lol. Halo 4 is complete now, finished. i guess Starhawk copied lost planet too?
#314 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="soulitane"]This game has mechs? :(sts106mat

also, if you think they had time to see mechs in starhawk and then stick them in the game, you are warped lol. Halo 4 is complete now, finished. i guess Starhawk copied lost planet too?

The guns in CoD shoot BULLETS:o

omgwolfensteinripoff

#315 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Copying one of the best multiplayers out there, StarHawk. Add that to the list of copying Call of Duty etc.balfe1990

omgwolfensteinripoff

he's lost it, did you see his rant a few weeks about "brorim" and the xbox etc? funny, i dont know if he is serious or what, still funny.
#316 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] also, if you think they had time to see mechs in starhawk and then stick them in the game, you are warped lol. Halo 4 is complete now, finished. i guess Starhawk copied lost planet too?sts106mat

omgwolfensteinripoff

he's lost it, did you see his rant a few weeks about "brorim" and the xbox etc? funny, i dont know if he is serious or what, still funny.

Not sure I want to see it. He's got a whopper hard-on for Microsoft. Him and kuarimen would make a lovely couple. Ugly kids though...

#317 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -

Not sure I want to see it. He's got a whopper hard-on for Microsoft. Him and kuarimen would make a lovely couple. Ugly kids though...

balfe1990

sorry, you have to see it

I like how everyone is an apologist like, bu-bu-but it's open world! You can interact with anything so that's why it complex!!! A game that still runs on that outdated piece of e.coli remnants engine called GameBryo...the game is fundamentally flawed.

I mean, the combat looks wonky as willy...the animations predates standards set by Half-Life 2, the "physics" look like someone spent 20 minutes in Garry's Mod, the scripting is archaic as corinthian columns...even Sony's first party devs have done better in open-world games and they're not known for it.

I understand that for Brorimmers this is the most complex game they've ever seen alongside of Madden...but puh-lease. Anyone who has two neurons to rub together sees that Brorim is low-tier when it comes to complexity. I mean come on, you have loading screens when entering buildings...if that isn't poor programming and really a poor way to chop up a true open world experience, I don't know what is.

Bethesda, it's game over.

Sony will fix the game for you so that your peasant-ass gamers can enjoy your subpar "RPG" but don't think you can do this ever again. Games like Dragon's Dogma will take over pretty soon and The elder Scrolls series will be a relic of the past, ironically only to be remember by elders in the future. It's pathetic when modders can provide you a much better game then the developers themselves. WedidntBugthesda, gtfo out of the Playstation platform. Keep yourself to brogamers on xbox.

DrTrafalgarLaw

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29278044/dawnguard-skyrim...doubtful-ps3-release?page=13

#318 Posted by soulitane (13412 posts) -
^^ That explains why CoD and skyrim aren't popular on the PS3, oh wait..... :?
#319 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
343. Upgraded grfx, Reworked the sound, Introduced new mechanics, and has the same solid gameplay. DIS GOING TO BE #@%@ EPIC GAME !
#321 Posted by SecretPolice (21371 posts) -

Guys! I found some new Halo 4 footage!

sune_Gem

Why you little stinker you. :P

1237466918_cows.gif

#322 Posted by PAL360 (26648 posts) -
#323 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

Jelly or butthurt?

sts106mat

as has been said before, COD copied halo in many respects before halo borrowed a couple of ideas. people acting like taking on a few ideas that other games have had is a bad thing. lol, halo was criticised by cows for not evolving, now they show they make changes and are cows now calling it a copy cat, F****ng sad.

You can evolve without having to copy, again copying isn't bad per se, I don't get why lemmings are jumping on any criticism. Take a chill pill bro.
#324 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
Yea, but Halo didn't copy Starhawk. Tons of games had mechs before starhawk: Lost Planet, Armored Core, Steel Battalion, etc.
#325 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
Yea, but Halo didn't copy Starhawk. Tons of games had mechs before starhawk: Lost Planet, Armored Core, Steel Battalion, etc.Plagueless
All right, I'll say it again. Halo copied Lost Planet.
#326 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]Yea, but Halo didn't copy Starhawk. Tons of games had mechs before starhawk: Lost Planet, Armored Core, Steel Battalion, etc.DrTrafalgarLaw

And Lost Planet copied [blank]...

And it goes on.

#327 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Infection gameplay (i think this wasnt posted yet)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6FDiOZlPao

;)

PAL360

Good find PAL.

Though I have to say the Flood look a little overpowered.

The guy playing was useless, yet he still managed to rack up the bodycount.

#328 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -
[QUOTE="Plagueless"]Yea, but Halo didn't copy Starhawk. Tons of games had mechs before starhawk: Lost Planet, Armored Core, Steel Battalion, etc.DrTrafalgarLaw

lost planet copied R-type then because of all the "hit the big obvious glowing weak points" i was disappointed in that game, it should have been something i would love, but it just felt wrong.
#329 Posted by PAL360 (26648 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I'm just saying, if you're out to copy...you better be copying one of the best games out there. The 343 director/ceo himself said he was a massive CoD fan.DrTrafalgarLaw

You can evolve without having to copy, again copying isn't bad per se, I don't get why lemmings are jumping on any criticism. Take a chill pill bro.

At this point very few games are 100% unique. Nothing wrong with perfecting a solid formula! 343 did take some notes from CoD (same for Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc...), GT and Forza added an interior view similar to PGR 3, Uncharted are similar to Tomb Raider in many ways and took some notes from Gears´s cover system. Skyrim got the RDR´s random events, etc...

If you only play unique games, then Minecraft is your game. But then again, it stole the first person view from Wolfenstein 3D :P

#330 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I'm just saying, if you're out to copy...you better be copying one of the best games out there. The 343 director/ceo himself said he was a massive CoD fan.

we aren't jumping on the criticism, look. its bashed for being the same or a rehash (happening in other threads right now) and in this one its bashed because its a copy cat. thats why you are being called out.
#331 Posted by soulitane (13412 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] as has been said before, COD copied halo in many respects before halo borrowed a couple of ideas. people acting like taking on a few ideas that other games have had is a bad thing. lol, halo was criticised by cows for not evolving, now they show they make changes and are cows now calling it a copy cat, F****ng sad.PAL360

At this point very few games are 100% unique. Nothing wrong with perfecting a solid formula! 343 did take some notes from CoD (same for Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc...), GT and Forza added an interior view similar to PGR 3, Uncharted are similar to Tomb Raider in many ways and took some notes from Gears´s cover system. Skyrim got the RDR´s random events, etc...

If you only play unique games, then Minecraft is your game. But then again, it stole the first person view from Wolfenstein 3D :P

Even Minecraft took inspiration from other games to do with blocks :P
#332 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] as has been said before, COD copied halo in many respects before halo borrowed a couple of ideas. people acting like taking on a few ideas that other games have had is a bad thing. lol, halo was criticised by cows for not evolving, now they show they make changes and are cows now calling it a copy cat, F****ng sad.

we aren't jumping on the criticism, look. its bashed for being the same or a rehash (happening in other threads right now) and in this one its bashed because its a copy cat. thats why you are being called out.

With games like ODST and Halo Wars (though not a true Halo game), how can you deny that it is rehashed? Halo could have been a better game if Bungie didn't listen to the fools wanting to confine everything into the Halo universe with the lore or whatnot. Like, do something crazy and innovative.
#333 Posted by SecretPolice (21371 posts) -

Firstly, stop the feeding. :o :P

Secondly, this could give more to talk about and I read the first couple of paragraphs but stopped cause, and be warned, some like myself will consider some of this a bit of spoiler.

That said, I was getting mighty worried and skipped to the last paragraph that made me feel much better.

Read at your own risk.

Can Halo 4 capture the series' spark?

By Martin Robinson Published 28 September, 2012

343's made an authentic Halo game, but the jury's out whether it has an identity of its own.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-27-can-halo-4-recapture-the-series-spark

#334 Posted by sts106mat (18878 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You can evolve without having to copy, again copying isn't bad per se, I don't get why lemmings are jumping on any criticism. Take a chill pill bro.

With games like ODST and Halo Wars (though not a true Halo game), how can you deny that it is rehashed? Halo could have been a better game if Bungie didn't listen to the fools wanting to confine everything into the Halo universe with the lore or whatnot. Like, do something crazy and innovative.

ODST is actually called - "Halo 3: ODST" it is an expansion pack, the fans were fascinated by the ODST troopers and wanted to know more, bungie listened and delivered a very different in my opinion story experience to the main halo 3 game. the opening few moments of the campaign are some of the most memorable this gen IMO. ODST also introduced firefight, a wave based co-op survival mode, which has now been copied / implemented in other games.
#335 Posted by AdobeArtist (22789 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You can evolve without having to copy, again copying isn't bad per se, I don't get why lemmings are jumping on any criticism. Take a chill pill bro.DrTrafalgarLaw

Ironic coming from someone who uses SMG as the example of everything better than all 360 games :roll::roll:

#336 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -

I can barely contain myself... Halo 4 is going to be fun as hell. Still on the fence if i'm going straight to MP or SP.

#337 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] we aren't jumping on the criticism, look. its bashed for being the same or a rehash (happening in other threads right now) and in this one its bashed because its a copy cat. thats why you are being called out. AdobeArtist

Ironic coming from someone who uses SMG as the example of everything better than all 360 games :roll::roll:

Even more ironic that a Mario rehash still outscores anything remotely original from the 360. :cool:

#338 Posted by PAL360 (26648 posts) -

Any word on scarabs? Fighting them in Halo 3, were some of my favourite moments this gen!

#339 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] With games like ODST and Halo Wars (though not a true Halo game), how can you deny that it is rehashed? Halo could have been a better game if Bungie didn't listen to the fools wanting to confine everything into the Halo universe with the lore or whatnot. Like, do something crazy and innovative.DrTrafalgarLaw

Even more ironic that a Mario rehash still outscores anything remotely original from the 360. :cool:

Why the hell are you using a MARIO game as ammo against Halo? Use something relatable like Metroid Prime at least.
#340 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Any word on scarabs? Fighting them in Halo 3, were some of my favourite moments this gen!

PAL360

I don't have a link, but I recall them being talked about in some article. I think it was about Spartan Ops.

#341 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -

Secondly, this could give more to talk about and I read the first couple of paragraphs but stopped cause, and be warned, some like myself will consider some of this a bit of spoiler.

That said, I was getting mighty worried and skipped to the last paragraph that made me feel much better.

Read at your own risk.

343's made an authentic Halo game, but the jury's out whether it has an identity of its own.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-27-can-halo-4-recapture-the-series-spark

SecretPolice
That's the vibe I'm getting. Halo 4 will be the turning point for the franchise. It'll either be the last AAA title of the old formula, or the first AA title of the true sequels.
#342 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
#343 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28338 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] With games like ODST and Halo Wars (though not a true Halo game), how can you deny that it is rehashed? Halo could have been a better game if Bungie didn't listen to the fools wanting to confine everything into the Halo universe with the lore or whatnot. Like, do something crazy and innovative.DrTrafalgarLaw

oh thank you for saying the 360 has games that outscore mario rehashes.
#344 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28338 posts) -

your a moron by the way. considering the fact that halo wars had mechs, and there were covenant mechs in halo 2 and 3 I do believe.
#345 Posted by Led_poison (10140 posts) -
Just watched the GS Halo 4 questionnaire, I agree with them that the Promethean weapons feel too boring and too easily fit into the weapon archetypes of Halo.
#346 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Read at your own risk.

FrozenLiquid

That's the vibe I'm getting. Halo 4 will be the turning point for the franchise. It'll either be the last AAA title of the old formula, or the first AA title of the true sequels.

Kind of the feeling I've been having myself. I think it'll be a decent game, but something always happens when someone comes and tries to continue someone else's work. It never really feels the same.

Kind of a no-win situation for 343. Either they stick to the Bungie template and get blasted for that (because it's likely they won't do it as well) or they change it up too much and the franchise isn't really Halo as we know it anymore.

Either way, I think the series's days as a AAA title are numbered.

#347 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="soulitane"]This game has mechs? :(WilliamRLBaker

your a moron by the way. considering the fact that halo wars had mechs, and there were covenant mechs in halo 2 and 3 I do believe.

I'm not sure a scarab counts as a mech. :-/ More like a giant tank, considering it has an entire crew.
#348 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
I thing I am not liking about multiplayer is that your standing in MP is point based, like Call of Duty and Battlefield. I don't like that because it means I could go 12/8 and someone could go 8/12 and they would be higher than me. Gets worse in objective games.
#349 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28338 posts) -
[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Copying one of the best multiplayers out there, StarHawk. Add that to the list of copying Call of Duty etc.

I'm not sure a scarab counts as a mech. :-/ More like a giant tank, considering it has an entire crew.

I'm pretty sure there were mechs that were big giant walking tanks in the mech warrior universe...etc even if that were the case halo wars released before starhawk has mechs.
#350 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Halo will move another step forward and call of duty will take another two steps back next iterations.