Official Halo 4 Hype Thread - GS Review 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43196 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]So what will everybody do first with Halo 4? Campaign? War Games? I think I'll first jump into campaign with some friends and go to multiplayer later on.mitu123

Always campaign, been like that with every Halo game I played.

Yep, same here.
#202 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

What's the difference between the Pretorian (or w/e) weapons and the convenant weapons. Aesthetically they look amazing, but from a gameplay POV they look like re-skinned convenent/human weps.

GD1551

I'm sure they'll be similar with respect to balancing concerns so don't fret too much about the differences.

Well I thought they would have made something unique to them, but from the trailer I saw a reskinned plasma pistol, fuel rod gun, shotgun among other things. Though they might be different in some way.

The boltshot is the pistol, kinda like a Mauler from Halo 3 combined with a Magnum with it's charge ability. Scattershot is just another shotgun, so you're right about that one. Same with the binary rifle, its just another sniper. The Heavy/Power weapon actually shot out a shower of explosive projectiles, think needler but all at once, and every shard explodes. And the light rifle is basically a BR with one key difference: It's what the Halo 2 BR originally was. 3 shot burst when hipfred, single shot when zoomed.
#203 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]So what will everybody do first with Halo 4? Campaign? War Games? I think I'll first jump into campaign with some friends and go to multiplayer later on.Stevo_the_gamer

Always campaign, been like that with every Halo game I played.

Yep, same here.

Also want to do Heroic at least even starting off, Normal is a joke.

#204 Posted by AdobeArtist (22997 posts) -

Looks like we got ourselves an official hype thread now :)

#205 Posted by EYE-OF-HORUS999 (480 posts) -

I know I'm hyped... But you Lems better pray this game doesn't flop.

#206 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

It'll be AAA. I have no interest in it, but I don't think it'll score less than AAA at GS.

#207 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I hope the game does well and makes the Halo fanbase happy. I voted AAA, it seems the most likely, I think AAAA is a bit unrealistic, GS like never gives out 10's and they have been harsh on reviews lately. But only fanboys care about that AAAA nonsense stuff anyway.

Have fun 360 owners! I have a 360 too but am not much of a Halo fan so I'm passing on this.

#208 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -
So what will everybody do first with Halo 4? Campaign? War Games? I think I'll first jump into campaign with some friends and go to multiplayer later on.TheDidact
It really depends on what time my copy from Amazon arrives. If the UPS guy delivers it before 10:30 am then I'll hop on the MP for a couple of rounds otherwise I'll just hop straight into the SP when I get out of class.
#209 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Nice thread so far Stevo.

If anyone's interested, check out the Halo Waypoint App on the 360. I hadn't been on in months but they've completely redesigned everything. It's glorious. I got lost on it last night for about 2 hours.

It's got all the behind the scenes,gameplay and Forward unto Dawn vids you could possibly want. Really interesting stuff from Frankie O' C. I'm delighted that dude still works on Halo, I trust him.

Also, anybody replaying Reach, H3 or ODST in the run-up to release?

#210 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

It'll be AAA. I have no interest in it, but I don't think it'll score less than AAA at GS.

NeonNinja

You're not getting the game?

#211 Posted by PAL360 (27154 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Always campaign, been like that with every Halo game I played.

mitu123

Yep, same here.

Same here. Heroic in the first playthough, solo legendary is next, and then coop with friends.

#212 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

Nice thread so far Stevo.

If anyone's interested, check out the Halo Waypoint App on the 360. I hadn't been on in months but they've completely redesigned everything. It's glorious. I got lost on it last night for about 2 hours.

It's got all the behind the scenes,gameplay and Forward unto Dawn vids you could possibly want. Really interesting stuff from Frankie O' C. I'm delighted that dude still works on Halo, I trust him.

Also, anybody replaying Reach, H3 or ODST in the run-up to release?

balfe1990
yeah, the new waypoint app is really nice, it'll probably be updated again closer to release or just after.
#213 Posted by PAL360 (27154 posts) -

Heres a compilation of the campaign gameplay shown a few days ago. Looks awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ3246_MYzA&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLO58xj_Dp1DIHYbibL5LMJw

Btw, good work Stevo.

#214 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I have no doubt it will suck but this is Halo, so Gamespot will bend over backwards and give it glowing praise. It most certainly wont score lower than 9.0 here (I'd even be shocked if it didn't score atleast a 9.5). GS doesn't have the stones for that.

AAA is my vote, 9.5 to be more specific.

#215 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

I have no doubt it will suck but this is Halo, so Gamespot will bend over backwards and give it glowing praise. It most certainly wont score lower than 9.0 here (I'd even be shocked if it didn't score atleast a 9.5). GS doesn't have the stones for that.

AAA is my vote.

Master_ShakeXXX
because you dont like something = its sucks. you are a joke dude.
#216 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] Yep, same here.PAL360

Same here. Heroic in the first playthough, solo legendary is next, and then coop with friends.

The difficulty is supposed to ramped up a lot, especially considering the new enemies you have to face, and thus the new tactics you have to adopt.

Normal is meant to be the new Heroic. So if you plan on doing a solo run of Legendary...Godspeed PAL...

#217 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

AAA is my vote.

sts106mat

There has not been a single original, unique, or special thing shown about this game. It does the exact same thing that Resistance 3 and Medal of Honor and every other FPS that comes out in this CoD dominated era did, and that's copy f*cking CoD. Unless the campaign is freakin amazing, like mindblowingly so, I see no reason why it should warrant AAA when it does the same sh*t.

#218 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

AAA is my vote.

Master_ShakeXXX

There has not been a single original, unique, or special thing shown about this game. It does the exact same thing that Resistance 3 and Medal of Honor and every other FPS that comes out in this CoD dominated era did, and that's copy f*cking CoD. Unless the campaign is freakin amazing, like mindblowingly so, I see no reason why it should warrant AAA when it does the same sh*t.

Perhaps you should get some actual time with the game before making any rash judgments.

#219 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
fck we gotta hear all this halo bs for the next 40 days tf guys
#220 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

fck we gotta hear all this halo bs for the next 40 days tf guysPinnacleGamingP

You could just leave System Wars for 40 days? Everybody wins?

#221 Posted by PAL360 (27154 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Also want to do Heroic at least even starting off, Normal is a joke.

balfe1990

The difficulty is supposed to ramped up a lot, especially considering the new enemies you have to face, and thus the new tactics you have to adopt.

Normal is meant to be the new Heroic. So if you plan on doing a solo run of Legendary...Godspeed PAL...

I did beat all the other Halo games (except Wars and ODST) on solo Legendary, so, at least i´ll try :P

#222 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

AAA is my vote.

Master_ShakeXXX

clearly you haven't read much about it. spartan ops is unique, there is nothing else like it, the UNSC infinity is also a change to how it works. the Multiplayer will actually fit in and feed of the single player story for the first time in a halo game.

COD copied halo long before halo borrowed a couple of ideas, stop lying to yourself. when the likes of Gamerwillz and tenaka2 (known halo basher) are saying good things about the look of halo4, you have to know its looking good.

#223 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Also want to do Heroic at least even starting off, Normal is a joke.

balfe1990

difficulty ramped up? I will do a legendary run, but not first, i play on heroic, i did reach on legendary solo, felt like a real achievement, that was hard work.
#224 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

sts106mat

difficulty ramped up? I will do a legendary run, but not first, i play on heroic, i did reach on legendary solo, felt like a real achievement, that was hard work.

Still need to complete my solo Legendary run in Reach. It got so cheap at times, I just couldn't hack it. Heroic is definitely the sweet spot.

#225 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

balfe1990

Still need to complete my solo Legendary run in Reach. It got so cheap at times, I just couldn't hack it. Heroic is definitely the sweet spot.

yeah, there are a couple of frustrating moments, if you pick up the wrong weapon you can mess up big style. i remember one point i ran around a corner and was faced with two hunters, it took me ages to do it. there was another level, i cant remember the name of it now, but it was outside in a sort of park with a bridge, there were a lot of covenant and wraiths etc. like i said though, really good sense of achievement when i finally did it.
#226 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] difficulty ramped up? I will do a legendary run, but not first, i play on heroic, i did reach on legendary solo, felt like a real achievement, that was hard work.sts106mat

yeah, there are a couple of frustrating moments, if you pick up the wrong weapon you can mess up big style. i remember one point i ran around a corner and was faced with two hunters, it took me ages to do it. there was another level, i cant remember the name of it now, but it was outside in a sort of park with a bridge, there were a lot of covenant and wraiths etc. like i said though, really good sense of achievement when i finally did it.

Lol I only got as far as I did by noob-comboing everything; charged plasma pistol, followed by a shot to the dome with a DMR. I'll definitely try it again before Godlo 4 releases.

#227 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

balfe1990

Lol I only got as far as I did by noob-comboing everything; charged plasma pistol, followed by a shot to the dome with a DMR. I'll definitely try it again before Godlo 4 releases.

totally different from the way i play it then lol. I cant stand the plasma pistol or the DMR, (though i can get by in MP with one sometimes). I favour the assault rifle, Needler, and needle rifle where available.
#228 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]fck we gotta hear all this halo bs for the next 40 days tf guysbalfe1990

games like halo dont need hype threads, they have already said they have registered up to halo 7 or 9 or something, therefore it is now shovelware by an unknown developer
#229 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]fck we gotta hear all this halo bs for the next 40 days tf guysPinnacleGamingP

games like halo dont need hype threads, they have already said they have registered up to halo 7 or 9 or something, therefore it is now shovelware by an unknown developer

Cool.

#230 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
games like halo dont need hype threadsPinnacleGamingP
No you are right, we should start hype threads about Mass Effect 1.
#231 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

clearly you haven't read much about it. spartan ops is unique, there is nothing else like it, the UNSC infinity is also a change to how it works. the Multiplayer will actually fit in and feed of the single player story for the first time in a halo game.

COD copied halo long before halo borrowed a couple of ideas, stop lying to yourself. when the likes of Gamerwillz and tenaka2 (known halo basher) are saying good things about the look of halo4, you have to know its looking good.

sts106mat

I keep having to clarify my position on Halo. Halo is a quality franchise, just personally I find it very kiddy, I also think they milk the franchise and despite what console gamers think Halo didn't bring much new to the table as far as PC FPS games go but it did do a lot for console FPS.

That said, the art style for halo 4 does look rather good.

I do think there is a possibility that the Sparton Ops stuff may become some form of subscription service which I think is wrong for FPS games and could be a bad omen for the future.

#232 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

tenaka2

I keep having to clarify my position on Halo. Halo is a quality franchise, just personally I find it very kiddy, I also think they milk the franchise and despite what console gamers think Halo didn't bring much new to the table as far as PC FPS games go but it did do a lot for console FPS.

I do think there is a possibility that the Sparton Ops stuff may become some form of subscription service which I think is wrong for FPS games and could be a bad omen for the future.

Fair post.

I don't think it was as innovative as people say it was, at least overall. I think it did a lot for the evolution of FPSes on consoles, and certainly influenced mny titles down the line.

Though I think the reason you believe it's "kiddy" is the way the grunts speak in "American kiddy accents" and the fact that it's not a drab, dreary shooter with no colour. Funnily enough, I was on Waypoint last night, and they fully explained why Grunts speak like that. (It's quite a long winded answer, but the gist of it is, the Covenant employed Grunts as "listeners" in surveillance posts, and thus they intercepted Human transmissions. Most of the grunts learned one or two languages as a result of this, and it's a great source of pride for the oft-downtrodden species.)

Obviously, in Halo CE, the Grunts role was nothing more than cannon fodder and Bungie made their characters very tongue in cheek. They probably regretted this later when they were going for a more serious tone.

In regards to the Sp-ops thing, I believe they absolutely will charge for it at some stage, probably under the guise of an expansion pack. that's only natural and entirely obvious to be frank. That beibng said, they're offering 50episodes in Season 1, spread across 10 weeks, which is free with the game, and each ep. weighs in at around 10-15 minutes.

You'll get your moneys worth out of the box, of that I'm absolutely positive.

#233 Posted by DarthClark (458 posts) -
lol only children play halo, probably why there are so many kidz with xbox. PS3 is where true mature gamers call home. Thank you Sony. Domination Continuation :cool:
#234 Posted by walkingdream (4883 posts) -
lol only children play halo, probably why there are so many kidz with xbox. PS3 is where true mature gamers call home. Thank you Sony. Domination Continuation :cool:DarthClark
lol wut
#235 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

balfe1990

Fair post.

I don't think it was as innovative as people say it was, at least overall. I think it did a lot for the evolution of FPSes on consoles, and certainly influenced mny titles down the line.

Though I think the reason you believe it's "kiddy" is the way the grunts speak in "American kiddy accents" and the fact that it's not a drab, dreary shooter with no colour. Funnily enough, I was on Waypoint last night, and they fully explained why Grunts speak like that. (It's quite a long winded answer, but the gist of it is, the Covenant employed Grunts as "listeners" in surveillance posts, and thus they intercepted Human transmissions. Most of the grunts learned one or two languages as a result of this, and it's a great source of pride for the oft-downtrodden species.)

Obviously, in Halo CE, the Grunts role was nothing more than cannon fodder and Bungie made their characters very tongue in cheek. They probably regretted this later when they were going for a more serious tone.

In regards to the Sp-ops thing, I believe they absolutely will charge for it at some stage, probably under the guise of an expansion pack. that's only natural and entirely obvious to be frank. That beibng said, they're offering 50episodes in Season 1, spread across 10 weeks, which is free with the game, and each ep. weighs in at around 10-15 minutes.

You'll get your moneys worth out of the box, of that I'm absolutely positive.

good post Tenaka, nice to see you being serious for a change. and Balfe said it all really.

i cant add anything other than to say that is Spec Ops is worth playing past season one, sign me up. no other FPS game held my attention for as long as Halo Reach did, it is brillant.

If Halo 4 is better, i wont mind spending money on it if i feel its worth it to extend my enjoyment of it some more.

#236 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

cant /wait

#237 Posted by PAL360 (27154 posts) -

lol only children play halo, probably why there are so many kidz with xbox. PS3 is where true mature gamers call home. Thank you Sony. Domination Continuation :cool:DarthClark

Only a child would say something as stupid as that. Im a 32 kid who loves Halo btw, how old are you?

#238 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarthClark"]lol only children play halo, probably why there are so many kidz with xbox. PS3 is where true mature gamers call home. Thank you Sony. Domination Continuation :cool:PAL360

Only a child would say something as stupid as that. Im a 32 kid who loves Halo btw, how old are you?

he is a fakeboy, he said as much in another thread earlier, something like "we ps3 fans wont be swayed by facts, we see the truth how we want to see it, SDC" or something, just ignore him.
#239 Posted by PAL360 (27154 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="DarthClark"]lol only children play halo, probably why there are so many kidz with xbox. PS3 is where true mature gamers call home. Thank you Sony. Domination Continuation :cool:sts106mat

he is a fakeboy, he said as much in another thread earlier, something like "we ps3 fans wont be swayed by facts, we see the truth how we want to see it, SDC" or something, just ignore him.

Oh, i see! He does look like it, but thanks for the info ;)

#241 Posted by soulitane (13750 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Will get it, next year though, too many games this year that i haven't bought and waiting for AC III and Dishonored so gonna have to wait. i am 100% sure its gonna get a 9.0

I'll hold you to your word :o
#243 Posted by soulitane (13750 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Will get it, next year though, too many games this year that i haven't bought and waiting for AC III and Dishonored so gonna have to wait. i am 100% sure its gonna get a 9.0

It looks very good and Chris Watters is the one to review it, i am sure its gonna get a AAA score, if not then 8.5 :P

Honestly, I haven't even been paying attention to it :P
#245 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43196 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]fck we gotta hear all this halo bs for the next 40 days tf guysbalfe1990

Ignore the fakeboys. :P
#246 Posted by Heil68 (46409 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Will get it, next year though, too many games this year that i haven't bought and waiting for AC III and Dishonored so gonna have to wait. i am 100% sure its gonna get a 9.0

It looks very good and Chris Watters is the one to review it, i am sure its gonna get a AAA score, if not then 8.5 :P

You are always guessing scores, I still remember you getitng the U3 score wrong. :P
#247 Posted by AdobeArtist (22997 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="DarthClark"]lol only children play halo, probably why there are so many kidz with xbox. PS3 is where true mature gamers call home. Thank you Sony. Domination Continuation :cool:sts106mat

While it's obvious bait and bullcrap, I have a feeling in Darth's own perception, he believes he speaks with fact ;)

#248 Posted by Wasdie (50480 posts) -

While I'm not liking the changes to the core gameplay, the new Sparten-Ops mode as well as the overall feel of the game makes me think AAA. I'll be getting it, but I'm going to be very warying about the changes made to the core gameplay.

#250 Posted by sts106mat (20354 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

AdobeArtist

While it's obvious bait and bullcrap, I have a feeling in Darth's own perception, he believes he speaks with fact ;)

i dunno, he has gone full fakeboy if it is him, ispeakfact was treading a very fine line most of the time. i find it weirder that after months and months of nothing but ispeakfact, the day after he is banned, tintedeyes decides to make a comeback having not posted in ages.

entering into a conversation with tinted is a one-way ticket to snoresville. he answers questions with questions and goes round in circles, waste of time. tintedeyes at least knows how to make a successfull troll thread, you have to give him that.