Official Halo 4 Hype Thread - GS Review 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2001 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]And you'd still buy that game.Stevo_the_gamer
I have faith in 343, Microsoft, and Halo to at least lose all good will with Halo 4 and 5. If I can't hold out on Halo 4 and 5, surely 6 is the plausible scenario where I just say f*ck it. Or work too many hours to game. I will appreciate Halo for actually having feet though. F*cking Dishonored and it's no legs/feet nonsense. The f*ck is this the 90s?

Halo 5 and Halo 6. Damn, that just sounds so milk like. :/

Right?
#2002 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -
You're gonna have to be around here a bit longer to make hype threads for those games, Stevo.
#2003 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -
It feels like a distant relative of a Source engine game, that Dishonored.FrozenLiquid
It's using unreal engine though, good f*cking game so far. Only played for a little under 2 hours, but game didn't mess around. It's quick with getting me all the basic information/tutorial stuff early. I would prefer a prone and a better crouch. It feels extremely silly I'm "hiding" behind a barrel, but it feels like my head is completely exposed looking over. But slicing people up feels so good.
#2004 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]Master Chief should never take off his helmet. That is all.FrozenLiquid

Oh you guys finaly found out about that huh?

Was watching the Fincher launch trailer and read something about 343i not wanting to reveal his face.... yet. No doubt they're going to do something incredibly stupid and show it, considering all the emotional sh!t they're throwing into the game now.

Well the closest they came to doing that was in this one leaked cutscene I saw on youtube before it was taken down. All that happens is the camera zooms in on MCs visor while he's getting unsuited where it just holds there until the helmet comes off revealing a pair of tightly closed eyes before fading to black. So really, it only reillustrates that MC is 1)Caucasian, 2) a dude, and 3) really tall. As if we didn't already know this. It was more of a teaser if anything.
#2005 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]It feels like a distant relative of a Source engine game, that Dishonored.jg4xchamp
It's using unreal engine though, good f*cking game so far. Only played for a little under 2 hours, but game didn't mess around. It's quick with getting me all the basic information/tutorial stuff early. I would prefer a prone and a better crouch. It feels extremely silly I'm "hiding" behind a barrel, but it feels like my head is completely exposed looking over. But slicing people up feels so good.

What difficulty and methods? I'm doing hard, no kills. Knock-outs acceptable though.
#2006 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Oh you guys finaly found out about that huh?

FireSpirit117
Was watching the Fincher launch trailer and read something about 343i not wanting to reveal his face.... yet. No doubt they're going to do something incredibly stupid and show it, considering all the emotional sh!t they're throwing into the game now.

Well the closest they came to doing that was in this one leaked cutscene I saw on youtube before it was taken down. All that happens is the camera zooms in on MCs visor while he's getting unsuited where it just holds there until the helmet comes off revealing a pair of tightly closed eyes before fading to black. So really, it only reillustrates that MC is 1)Caucasian, 2) a dude, and 3) really tall. As if we didn't already know this. It was more of a teaser if anything.

I know. But it's like Darth Vader taking off his mask. Sure, we know by the end of Empire Strikes Back that he probably looks (or looked) similar to Luke, but when that mask came off in ROTJ, and when he was all over the prequels, it totally killed Darth Vader's mysterious mojo.
#2007 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]It feels like a distant relative of a Source engine game, that Dishonored.FrozenLiquid

What difficulty and methods? I'm doing hard, no kills. Knock-outs acceptable though.

Oh I'm going buckwild, frame me for a stupid broads murder, and kidnapping a child? That means you called me pedo. You're all dead. Started on hard.

#2008 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
Chief takes off his helmet to cry about Cortana dying in like Halo 6. Totally could see that happening. It sounds so disgustingly videogameyjg4xchamp
That sounds very real tbh. :lol:
#2009 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

I really hope they don't take off Master Cheifs helmet. It represents more than some stupid story. His mask, is practicially his face. He represents Halo. Don't be stupid 343.

#2010 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] It's using unreal engine though, good f*cking game so far. Only played for a little under 2 hours, but game didn't mess around. It's quick with getting me all the basic information/tutorial stuff early. I would prefer a prone and a better crouch. It feels extremely silly I'm "hiding" behind a barrel, but it feels like my head is completely exposed looking over. But slicing people up feels so good. jg4xchamp

Oh I'm going buckwild, frame me for a stupid broads murder, and kidnapping a child? That means you called me pedo. You're all dead. Started on hard.

I was tempted to go ape sh*t on my playthrough as well. I like how pretty much any play styIe feels legit. Will see if they can run all the way with it to the end zone.
#2011 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireSpirit117"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] Was watching the Fincher launch trailer and read something about 343i not wanting to reveal his face.... yet. No doubt they're going to do something incredibly stupid and show it, considering all the emotional sh!t they're throwing into the game now.FrozenLiquid

I know. But it's like Darth Vader taking off his mask. Sure, we know by the end of Empire Strikes Back that he probably looks (or looked) similar to Luke, but when that mask came off in ROTJ, and when he was all over the prequels, it totally killed Darth Vader's mysterious mojo.

The eyes are open, not closed. I'm not sure what the hell he's talking about.

#2012 Posted by jg4xchamp (46980 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] What difficulty and methods? I'm doing hard, no kills. Knock-outs acceptable though.FrozenLiquid

I was tempted to go ape sh*t on my playthrough as well. I like how pretty much any play styIe feels legit. Will see if they can run all the way with it to the end zone.

Oh I love that. I was totally expecting them to Splinter Cell/Deus Ex this sh1t. Tell me I can do both, find out I can only do one. This game I can mix and match on the fly. I wanna go buck wild? I can. I wanna calm it down a bit? I can. Do a little A and b? totally.
#2013 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I really hope they don't take off Master Cheifs helmet. It represents more than some stupid story. His mask, is practicially his face. He represents Halo. Don't be stupid 343.

OB-47

It had to happen sometime brah. I don't view it as a big deal, but then again I'm not a diehard Halo fan.

#2014 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
I just watched the live action thing. I personally thought it was great since i know the lore and i belive it was to pay homage to the fans more then to attract new customers. but there's going to be another trailer apparently so more action should be in that. But on a side not converting people into Spartans must be f@ucked up all those people went in for the augmentation and like only 3 survived it ...
#2015 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -
I just watched the live action thing. I personally thought it was great since i know the lore and i belive it was to pay homage to the fans more then to attract new customers. but there's going to be another trailer apparently so more action should be in that. But on a side not converting people into Spartans must be f@ucked up all those people went in for the augmentation and like only 3 survived it ... Allthishate
yeah, if you got the Limited edition of Halo Reach, it came with halsey's diary which was an interesting read about the spartan programme, a really nice LE, much better than most. Halo 4's LE looks a bit heavy on digital content for my taste, but i pre-ordered it back in March within an hour of it being available.
#2016 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Master_ShakeXXX

It had to happen sometime brah. I don't view it as a big deal, but then again I'm not a diehard Halo fan.

Dude! You don't know how epic of proportions it would disappoint. YOU ARE THE MASK! YOU ARE THE CHIEF

#2017 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allthishate"]I just watched the live action thing. I personally thought it was great since i know the lore and i belive it was to pay homage to the fans more then to attract new customers. but there's going to be another trailer apparently so more action should be in that. But on a side not converting people into Spartans must be f@ucked up all those people went in for the augmentation and like only 3 survived it ... sts106mat
yeah, if you got the Limited edition of Halo Reach, it came with halsey's diary which was an interesting read about the spartan programme, a really nice LE, much better than most. Halo 4's LE looks a bit heavy on digital content for my taste, but i pre-ordered it back in March within an hour of it being available.

ya im going to pre order the LE first time ever getting one. I donno i just have a really good feeling about this game the new sounds, animations , gfx , tinkered game play, and a totally new story has really got my hyped everything ive seen so far which is a fuk load makes me think this game is going to be immense the only thing it's missing from being perfection is firefight :< i had a lot of fun playing that.
#2018 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="FireSpirit117"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] Was watching the Fincher launch trailer and read something about 343i not wanting to reveal his face.... yet. No doubt they're going to do something incredibly stupid and show it, considering all the emotional sh!t they're throwing into the game now.

True, but by the end of ROTJ, Vader had no more use as a character, which made that reveal all the more meaningful. If Halo just teases like Empire Strikes Back without giving away anymore than what you would assume and then finish it off wih its own ROTJ style reveal, that would be fine. Or hell, have it be like th Noble 6 reveal at the end of Reach. That would be better.
#2019 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Allthishate"]I just watched the live action thing. I personally thought it was great since i know the lore and i belive it was to pay homage to the fans more then to attract new customers. but there's going to be another trailer apparently so more action should be in that. But on a side not converting people into Spartans must be f@ucked up all those people went in for the augmentation and like only 3 survived it ... Allthishate

ya im going to pre order the LE first time ever getting one. I donno i just have a really good feeling about this game the new sounds, animations , gfx , tinkered game play, and a totally new story has really got my hyped everything ive seen so far which is a fuk load makes me think this game is going to be immense the only thing it's missing from being perfection is firefight :< i had a lot of fun playing that.

better hurry up, from what i heard its sold out in the US, maybe even here in the UK too. if you are UK, try shopto.net

#2020 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] yeah, if you got the Limited edition of Halo Reach, it came with halsey's diary which was an interesting read about the spartan programme, a really nice LE, much better than most. Halo 4's LE looks a bit heavy on digital content for my taste, but i pre-ordered it back in March within an hour of it being available. sts106mat

better hurry up, from what i heard its sold out in the US, maybe even here in the UK too. if you are UK, try shopto.net

It's sad coz I would've liked to have picked it up for cheap.

You can get the Killzone 3 special edition for 25 quid in New Zealand. Seriously.

edit: wtf am I saying. I don't mean Halo 4's LE, I mean Halo: Reach's LE. My bad lol.

#2021 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Allthishate"] ya im going to pre order the LE first time ever getting one. I donno i just have a really good feeling about this game the new sounds, animations , gfx , tinkered game play, and a totally new story has really got my hyped everything ive seen so far which is a fuk load makes me think this game is going to be immense the only thing it's missing from being perfection is firefight :< i had a lot of fun playing that. FrozenLiquid

You can get the Killzone 3 special edition for 25 quid in New Zealand. Seriously.

edit: wtf am I saying. I don't mean Halo 4's LE, I mean Halo: Reach's LE. My bad lol.

where abouts in New Zealand do you live?
#2022 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
The eyes are open, not closed. I'm not sure what the hell he's talking about.Master_ShakeXXX
Maybe they did open. And even if were, it still wasn't a particularly shocking "reveal".
#2023 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] better hurry up, from what i heard its sold out in the US, maybe even here in the UK too. if you are UK, try shopto.net

sts106mat

Auckland. It's like London, except you can't see into your neighbour's bedroom and the trains come once every half an hour.
#2024 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

FrozenLiquid

Auckland. It's like London, except you can't see into your neighbour's bedroom and the trains come once every half an hour.

ah, i've been to auckland, its a beautiful city, rangitoto looks so cool.

we have a friend who lives in Manakau? its a long time since we've been. My wife and I got married in Rotorua and then years later we went back and did the south island. beautiful country and truly some of the warmest & nicest people i've ever met.

#2025 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] where abouts in New Zealand do you live?sts106mat

we have a friend who lives in Manakau? its a long time since we've been. My wife and I got married in Rotorua and then years later we went back and did the south island. beautiful country and truly some of the warmest & nicest people i've ever met.

Yeah, Auckland sits on top 50 volcanoes, of which Rangitoto is the youngest. If Australia was the destination for convicts, NZ was the destination for the undesirables :lol:. Rotorua is a beautiful place to get married, actually. Middle North Island is legit looking. first-sighting-mt-ruapehu_grande.jpg?407 Someone probably took that picture from their driveway. That's where I want to live when I have the money. I just need a private jet to take me to Auckland in the mornings lol. where abouts in the UK do you live?
#2026 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"] Auckland. It's like London, except you can't see into your neighbour's bedroom and the trains come once every half an hour.FrozenLiquid

Yeah, Auckland sits on top 50 volcanoes, of which Rangitoto is the youngest. If Australia was the destination for convicts, NZ was the destination for the undesirables :lol:. Rotorua is a beautiful place to get married, actually. Middle North Island is legit looking. Someone probably took that picture from their driveway. That's where I want to live when I have the money. I just need a private jet to take me to Auckland in the mornings lol. where abouts in the UK do you live?

we got married in the little maori church on the lake the village is called ohinemutu

th?id=I.4857832108066960&pid=15.1

south island is a little more picturesque i would say, fjordland national park is epic, have you been there?

th?id=I.5063028454917879&pid=15.1

why am i showing you pictures of your home country lol. its the most beautiful place i've been, helicopter on to franz josef glacier, just incredible. you are lucky to live there dude. i am from warrington,but live about 20mins from liverpool now

#2027 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -
You're gonna have to be around here a bit longer to make hype threads for those games, Stevo.FrozenLiquid
True story. Although I never make hype threads, this being my first one out my 80 of so threads. So don't count on me making ones for those either. Heh.
#2028 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]The eyes are open, not closed. I'm not sure what the hell he's talking about.FireSpirit117
Maybe they did open. And even if were, it still wasn't a particularly shocking "reveal".

I thought it was a pretty cool reveal to be honest.

#2029 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] ah, i've been to auckland, its a beautiful city, rangitoto looks so cool.

sts106mat

Yeah, Auckland sits on top 50 volcanoes, of which Rangitoto is the youngest. If Australia was the destination for convicts, NZ was the destination for the undesirables :lol:. Rotorua is a beautiful place to get married, actually. Middle North Island is legit looking. Someone probably took that picture from their driveway. That's where I want to live when I have the money. I just need a private jet to take me to Auckland in the mornings lol. where abouts in the UK do you live?

we got married in the little maori church on the lake the village is called ohinemutu

th?id=I.4857832108066960&pid=15.1

south island is a little more picturesque i would say, fjordland national park is epic, have you been there?

th?id=I.5063028454917879&pid=15.1

why am i showing you pictures of your home country lol. its the most beautiful place i've been, helicopter on to franz josef glacier, just incredible. you are lucky to live there dude. i am from warrington,but live about 20mins from liverpool now

I went to Ohinemutu when I was a kid, but I can barely remember it. Ever since then Rotorua has only been a checkpoint for my other travels. Haven't been down to the Fjordland yet, but I've been down to the South Island. Yeah, it's got Lord of the Rings written all over it lol. The Alps make it look photogenic, but they're non-volcanic lol. I need drama in my life. It's probably from living on top of 50 volcanoes all my life lmfao. Pics of the South Island are just as fascinating to Aucklanders as it is to foreigners, trust me lol.
#2030 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] yeah, if you got the Limited edition of Halo Reach, it came with halsey's diary which was an interesting read about the spartan programme, a really nice LE, much better than most. Halo 4's LE looks a bit heavy on digital content for my taste, but i pre-ordered it back in March within an hour of it being available. sts106mat

I live in dubai no worries :P local shop is doing pre orders they have the game apparently
#2031 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -
@frozenliquid. yeah, it was pre-lord of the rings when we visited, but we ski'd on the volcano where they filmed some of the mount doom stuff. on a coach trip through fjordland the coach stopped to let everyone out to take in the views, i legged into a field to recreate the exact same photo from the brochure (coach, field mountains, sky) everyone burst out laughing thinking i was dieing for a p1ss. also if you get down there, make sure you visit Lake Ta Anau. the night sky is like something from halo, and the glow worm cave amazing too (but since then i have seen it on BBC's Planet earth and its actually quite gross). epic country, would love to go back.
#2032 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Allthishate"] ya im going to pre order the LE first time ever getting one. I donno i just have a really good feeling about this game the new sounds, animations , gfx , tinkered game play, and a totally new story has really got my hyped everything ive seen so far which is a fuk load makes me think this game is going to be immense the only thing it's missing from being perfection is firefight :< i had a lot of fun playing that. Allthishate

I live in dubai no worries :P local shop is doing pre orders they have the game apparently

oh thats cool, are you local or over on a contract or something? i've been to the airport, but thats it, dat tower!
#2033 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12788 posts) -
haha nice! Glad you still have vivid memories of NZ :)
#2034 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] better hurry up, from what i heard its sold out in the US, maybe even here in the UK too. if you are UK, try shopto.netsts106mat

oh thats cool, are you local or over on a contract or something? i've been to the airport, but thats it, dat tower!

My dad moved us form the states ages ago much better job prospects ect.
#2035 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -
Just watched part 3 of Forward Unto Dawn. Getting really good. :]
#2036 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
Just watched part 3 of Forward Unto Dawn. Getting really good. :]Stevo_the_gamer
its out ! !???\
#2037 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Just watched part 3 of Forward Unto Dawn. Getting really good. :]Allthishate
its out ! !???\

Yep. http://youtu.be/WbBYG77VeCE
#2038 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Just watched part 3 of Forward Unto Dawn. Getting really good. :]Stevo_the_gamer
its out ! !???\

MAN ITS so fukin epic :< but we have to wait 1 more week ugh....
#2039 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Allthishate"] its out ! !???\Allthishate

I know. :cry:
#2040 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Allthishate"] its out ! !???\Allthishate

for one minute there i read "MAN TIS" thinking that the mech was putting in an appearence. i'll check it out later.

#2041 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] Yep. http://youtu.be/WbBYG77VeCE

I know. :cry:

honestly they make master chief look like a such a bad ass.
#2042 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
looks like a mediocor shooter with nothing new gameplay wise, no way its getting 10/10 like MGS
#2043 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -
looks like a mediocor shooter with nothing new gameplay wise, no way its getting 10/10 like MGSPinnacleGamingP
Ye ye carry on and move on
#2044 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -
looks like a mediocor shooter with nothing new gameplay wise, no way its getting 10/10 like MGSPinnacleGamingP
daily butthurt check in complete.
#2045 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Why are you such a douche?

This is coming from a fellow cow, btw.

#2046 Posted by Allthishate (1875 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]looks like a mediocor shooter with nothing new gameplay wise, no way its getting 10/10 like MGSMaster_ShakeXXX

Why are you such a douche?

This is coming from a fellow cow, btw.

He cant handle the Halo hype train. he knows when this game comes out the bovine will be going to the slaughter house :<
#2047 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
Cows want to count GS scores again?
#2048 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]looks like a mediocor shooter with nothing new gameplay wise, no way its getting 10/10 like MGSJohnnyCageMK

when it comes to 10/10's, lemmings really have no say, its between sheep and cows in this category, like microsoft says "were sooorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy" :lol:
#2049 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]looks like a mediocor shooter with nothing new gameplay wise, no way its getting 10/10 like MGSPinnacleGamingP

when it comes to 10/10's, lemmings really have no say, its between sheep and cows in this category, like microsoft says "were sooorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy" :lol:

lol, even if it did score a 10, you cows would all cry "teh Bias" and get butthurt about it. you just wouldn't accept it. you dont hear lems crying about UC2 getting awards or rave reviews, there are no cries of "paid off devs" or tin foil hat time. its only cows that do that...tossers
#2050 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Cows want to count GS scores again?sts106mat

lol, even if it did score a 10, you cows would all cry "teh Bias" and get butthurt about it. you just wouldn't accept it. you dont hear lems crying about UC2 getting awards or rave reviews, there are no cries of "paid off devs" or tin foil hat time. its only cows that do that...tossers

He's not even worth a response after he cried for days about wanting metacritic to count. Cows are hypocritical morons.