Official Halo 4 Hype Thread - GS Review 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by TheXFiles88 (1040 posts) -

Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!kuraimen

Yea..you win. Lems are so jelly that they couldn't borrow your precious game: "THE WONDERBOOK"...:lol:

#152 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!kuraimen

Does it physically pain you that the 360 is getting a freakin' fantastic exclusive?

#153 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9510 posts) -
Cows, you have 41 days to save for a 360 and XBL subscription.RR360DD
if they didnt do that for Halo 3, ODST, Reach or Halo Remake, why would they now?
#154 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9510 posts) -
I expect a 8.5 here in GS. Miroku32
its Halo.... GS always over scores Halo.
#155 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miroku32"]I expect a 8.5 here in GS. Nengo_Flow

Halo Wars.
#156 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Read title as Resident Evil 4 and was so confused... I need to sleep.

Anyways, woo Halo. Buddy of mine is getting it for his 360, we gonna bro-op that sh!t :cool:

You jelly cows with no lemming friends?

#157 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Miroku32"]I expect a 8.5 here in GS. Stevo_the_gamer

Halo Wars.

Such a tragedy. It was actually a really good game.
#158 Posted by Blabadon (25934 posts) -
Valhalla's in the game btw.
#159 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Valhalla's in the game btw.Blabadon
...I loved that map.
#160 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -
Please remake Relic
#161 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -
Getting a 360 soon, and this might be the first game I'll get for it. :)
#162 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Please remake Reliccarlisledavid79

I think O'Conner said only one map wouldbe remade. Valhalla is it.

#163 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

Halo 3 and Gears of War were the first 360 games I ever played on my new 360 years ago. Now Halo is back and it feels good!

#164 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -
If ODST got a 9 this could get an 11.
#165 Posted by Heirren (16542 posts) -
My hype is low, mostly because I'm far more excited to get wiiu. This will probably be the first halo game I don't buy on launch day.
#166 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
If ODST got a 9 this could get an 11.silversix_
They gave Reach a 9.5 I could easily see this getting a 10.
#167 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]If ODST got a 9 this could get an 11.JohnnyCageMK

Nah, it changed too many things, likely that the reviewer will dislike one of the changes, 9.5 max.

#168 Posted by Heirren (16542 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="silversix_"]If ODST got a 9 this could get an 11.SaltyMeatballs

Nah, it changed too many things, likely that the reviewer will dislike one of the changes, 9.5 max.

Na. Supposedly they're going for the feel of the first few games--especially visually. The 10 will depend on whether or not the storytelling is well done. ....or it can flop majorly.
#169 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7263 posts) -

Good I plan on skipping classes that day anyways :D

#170 Posted by Doolz2024 (9604 posts) -
If ODST could get a 9.0, then this one is getting a 9.0 at least no problem.
#171 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] They gave Reach a 9.5 I could easily see this getting a 10. Heirren

Na. Supposedly they're going for the feel of the first few games--especially visually. The 10 will depend on whether or not the storytelling is well done. ....or it can flop majorly.

There are going to be plenty of people that don't like what they did to the MP. It will lose points on some sites for that.
#172 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -
Construction on hype thread has begun. Will continually update OP.

lol at a shooter getting AAAA.
#173 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -
If ODST could get a 9.0, then this one is getting a 9.0 at least no problem.Doolz2024
2009 =/= 2012.
#174 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
AAAE
#175 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]If ODST could get a 9.0, then this one is getting a 9.0 at least no problem.Stevo_the_gamer
2009 =/= 2012.

This game HAS to be better than ODST, it just has to be.
#176 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]If ODST could get a 9.0, then this one is getting a 9.0 at least no problem.Heil68
2009 =/= 2012.

This game HAS to be better than ODST, it just has to be.

Flopza 4 was better than Forza 3. ;]
#177 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Construction on hype thread has begun. Will continually update OP.

lol at a shooter getting AAAA.

Well they gave a movie a skateboard game and a tech demo AAAA so why not?
#178 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
If ODST got a 9 this could get an 11.silversix_
ODST deserved AAA more than Halo 3.
#179 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Please remake RelicThefatness16

That's disappointing, it should have been Beaver Creek. Favourite Halo/Halo 2 map.
#180 Posted by Heirren (16542 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Nah, it changed too many things, likely that the reviewer will dislike one of the changes, 9.5 max.DarkLink77

There are going to be plenty of people that don't like what they did to the MP. It will lose points on some sites for that.

What did they do? I prefer to stay spoiler free mostly, for games that I really enjoy. Halo3 was more balanced than Reach.
#181 Posted by Heirren (16542 posts) -
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Please remake RelicEliteM0nk3y

That's disappointing, it should have been Beaver Creek. Favourite Halo/Halo 2 map.

I really liked the map from halo2 with the sword in the center of the big chasm...
#182 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Nah bro Guardian is the best Halo map ever.
#183 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

What's the difference between the Pretorian (or w/e) weapons and the convenant weapons. Aesthetically they look amazing, but from a gameplay POV they look like re-skinned convenent/human weps.

#184 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

When was this confirmed? For some reason I thought it would be Sandtrap.
#185 Posted by Blabadon (25934 posts) -
[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"][QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

JohnnyCageMK

F*ck, I really hate agreeing with you.
#186 Posted by Heirren (16542 posts) -
[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"][QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

JohnnyCageMK

Which one is that? I like Waterworks from Halo 2.
#187 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"] That's disappointing, it should have been Beaver Creek. Favourite Halo/Halo 2 map.Blabadon

:D

#188 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"] That's disappointing, it should have been Beaver Creek. Favourite Halo/Halo 2 map.

It was in Halo 3.
#189 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Nah bro Guardian is the best Halo map ever.JohnnyCageMK

:D

Lockout>Guardian, Also Avalanche is the best big team map
#190 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

What's the difference between the Pretorian (or w/e) weapons and the convenant weapons. Aesthetically they look amazing, but from a gameplay POV they look like re-skinned convenent/human weps.

GD1551
I'm sure they'll be similar with respect to balancing concerns so don't fret too much about the differences.
#191 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

I enjoyed Halo 3 and Reach, but I'm in no rush to get this. So my hype is A-AA. (I'm sure it will score at least a 9.0 here though).

#192 Posted by Heirren (16542 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Nah bro Guardian is the best Halo map ever.

It was in Halo 3.

Good map, but not the best. The snow map from Halo3 was also pretty epic if you were going 8vs8 with people that knew what they were doing. Gosh, now that I think about it, Reach is incredibly boring to look at compared to past games in the series. It's still a good game, but that green/grey.......fck that game needs some more variety.
#193 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Anyone else pretty disappointed in the Flood redesign? They look like Resident Evil zombies now, not human body parts repurposed for an alien hivemind.

Thefatness16

It's just for multiplayer. The reason they aren't weirdly designed is to keep the hitboxes the same.

That's kind of logical, but I'm curious as to what they'll do when they return the Flood to the series in Halo 5 or 6, because we know it'll happen.

#194 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Stevo_the_gamer

I'm sure they'll be similar with respect to balancing concerns so don't fret too much about the differences.

Well I thought they would have made something unique to them, but from the trailer I saw a reskinned plasma pistol, fuel rod gun, shotgun among other things. Though they might be different in some way.

#195 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Which one is that? I like Waterworks from Halo 2.

It was in Halo 3.

Good map, but not the best. The snow map from Halo3 was also pretty epic if you were going 8vs8 with people that knew what they were doing. Gosh, now that I think about it, Reach is incredibly boring to look at compared to past games in the series. It's still a good game, but that green/grey.......fck that game needs some more variety.

Yeah Reach has generic looking maps. The only ones I really like are Sword Base and Zealot.
#196 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Haven- Small

Adrift- mid sized

Long Bow- mid sized

Exile- big

Complex- big

Solace- mid sized

Ragnorak(Valhalla remake)- mid to big

They said there will be ten maps and so far we know of 7. I wonder if the forge maps count, since there is supposed to be 3 different versions. I'm hoping they will be separate, so there would be ten non forge maps in rotation.

#197 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Well I thought they would have made something unique to them, but from the trailer I saw a reskinned plasma pistol, fuel rod gun, shotgun among other things. Though they might be different in some way.

Some of them do have some unique effect though.

The Light Rifle does more damage when zoomed in.

The Scatter Shot bullets ricochet.

The Incineration cannon drops cluster bombs.

#198 Posted by Led_poison (10141 posts) -
Theres no super duper edition?
#199 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
So what will everybody do first with Halo 4? Campaign? War Games? I think I'll first jump into campaign with some friends and go to multiplayer later on.
#200 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

So what will everybody do first with Halo 4? Campaign? War Games? I think I'll first jump into campaign with some friends and go to multiplayer later on.TheDidact
Always campaign, been like that with every Halo game I played.