Official Halo 4 Hype Thread - GS Review 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

It's also been confirmed to be on 2 disc's. The second being the MP which is 8GB.

#102 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

It's also been confirmed to be on 2 disc's. The second being the MP which is 8GB.

Thefatness16

Not suprised.

Didn't they say a 8GB install of the MP was mandatory? Or did I hear that wrong?

#103 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42634 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

balfe1990

Not suprised.

Didn't they say a 8GB install of the MP was mandatory? Or did I hear that wrong?

8GB Flash Drive Recommended if you don't have a HDD, not mandatory.

#104 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Not suprised.

Ah, thanks. Also, anyone know what the story with Sp-ops is? As in, when they say weekly content, do you have to download X amount of episodes per week or how is that being handled?

If there's 50 episodes in Season 1 alone....

#105 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Not suprised.

balfe1990

Ah, thanks. Also, anyone know what the story with Sp-ops is? As in, when they say weekly content, do you have to download X amount of episodes per week or how is that being handled?

I read there is a new episode each week with 5 missions pertaining to that episode.
#106 Posted by derptholomew (335 posts) -

gonna say a full 10.0 and my vote is the only one so far, I am extremly hyped for this game

#107 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

Thefatness16

There we have it, why can't I buy only the SP? Just keep the other disc, I don't need it.

#108 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] 8GB Flash Drive Recommended if you don't have a HDD, not mandatory.

EzcapeTheFate

I read there is a new episode each week with 5 missions pertaining to that episode.

I understand that, but are you required to manually DL these each and every week? How big is each episode going to be?

#109 Posted by AdobeArtist (22823 posts) -

I see a hype poll was added. Just wondering if anyone has a proper hype thread in the works. You know, more fleshed out with lots of complete game details, screen shots, links to videos, and the sort.

#110 Posted by RR360DD (11620 posts) -

gonna say a full 10.0 and my vote is the only one so far, I am extremly hyped for this game

derptholomew
My guess is 9.0.
#111 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="derptholomew"]

RR360DD

My guess is 9.0.

8.5 here.

#112 Posted by PAL360 (26728 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="derptholomew"]

balfe1990

My guess is 9.0.

8.5 here.

9.0 is my guess.

#113 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8713 posts) -
My Limited Edition can't get here soon enough. :D
#114 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] My guess is 9.0. PAL360

8.5 here.

9.0 is my guess.

Going with a third straight 9.5 for main Halo games.

#115 Posted by super600 (30320 posts) -

the graphics look like sh!tPinnacleGamingP

All PS3 games look like garbage compared to PC games.

#116 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Namgis

There we have it, why can't I buy only the SP? Just keep the other disc, I don't need it.

Just sell the MP disc on ebay. Im sure there are people just like you except they dont care about the SP and just want to play MP. It would help recoup some of the cost of the game.
#117 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

:lol:

Stevo_the_gamer

Cows have too many decent exclusives to care about this average shooterGamerwillzPS
Obviously not, since you're buying it.

Why shouldn't I? It's one of the best games on the Xbox 360 and I own the console, so why not?

I'm not getting this on day 1. Instead it is being put on my Christmas list. Why? Because PS3 and PC has enough games to entertain me. ;)

#118 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

8.5 here.

Thefatness16

9.0 is my guess.

Going with a third straight 9.5 for main Halo games.

I'd say a 9 minimum, 9.5 depending on how the campaign is.
#119 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

EzcapeTheFate

Just sell the MP disc on ebay. Im sure there are people just like you except they dont care about the SP and just want to play MP. It would help recoup some of the cost of the game.

Most likely what I'll do, just seems like they're missing out on a large demographic. I wouldn't care if it was digital either. I would spend $30 on that.

#120 Posted by clone01 (24535 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I don't play (online) shooters on consoles, with the exeption of StarHawk...I'm still not sure if I want to keep playing that...the 30 fps online gaming is just something I can't get used to. Don't even get me started on aiming with analog sticks...

Fair enough...at least you're consistent.
#121 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Here's the 2 disc's.

ykzji.jpg

Flood Spartan's look pretty cool.xdYYa.jpg

#122 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

Valhalla is getting a remake!:D It's called Ragnorak.

ycm7r.jpg

8FKrM.png

Thefatness16

Aww.. I was hoping for Sandtrap, but I hope they change stuff and don't just clone Valhalla.

#123 Posted by SpiralSmile (246 posts) -

Valhalla is getting a remake!:D It's called Ragnorak.

ycm7r.jpg

8FKrM.png

Thefatness16

Best map in Halo history :) some amazing CTF games on it

#124 Posted by AdobeArtist (22823 posts) -

For now, I'll tag this as an unofficial hyppe poll, until a more proper hype thread surfaces.

#125 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
My feeling is 8.5, no lower but probably no higher either.
#126 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
WOOT!!!!!!! has much as i wish it be AAAA it most likely be AAA. THAT'S ok it's going be great
#127 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42634 posts) -

I see a hype poll was added. Just wondering if anyone has a proper hype thread in the works. You know, more fleshed out with lots of complete game details, screen shots, links to videos, and the sort.

AdobeArtist
If not, I can easily create one out of my OP. Thinking about it as is since we're pretty close to release.
#128 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Namgis

It's the same price as a SP game, but you get BOTH.

#129 Posted by AdobeArtist (22823 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Stevo_the_gamer

If not, I can easily create one out of my OP. Thinking about it as is since we're pretty close to release.

We should have an official hype thread by now. Needs the usual suspects: game details, screen shots, videos, links to articles, etc...

#130 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42634 posts) -

Why shouldn't I? It's one of the best games on the Xbox 360 and I own the console, so why not?

I'm not getting this on day 1. Instead it is being put on my Christmas list. Why? Because PS3 and PC has enough games to entertain me. ;)

GamerwillzPS
But, you shouldn't get it period because "Cows have too many decent exclusives to care about this average shooter." Come on now, don't backpedal too fast now--you'll trip, laddy.
#131 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42634 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

We should have an official hype thread by now. Needs the usual suspects: game details, screen shots, videos, links to articles, etc...

Yeah, I'll get on it. Have the night off anyways.
#132 Posted by AdobeArtist (22823 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]If not, I can easily create one out of my OP. Thinking about it as is since we're pretty close to release.Stevo_the_gamer

Yeah, I'll get on it. Have the night off anyways.

You da Spartan :cool:

#133 Posted by Dj-Dampleaf (677 posts) -
Halo has a long way to go before it can catch up to:
#134 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Just make this the hype thread.
#135 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
GAME OF THE YEAR
#136 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I'll probably end up playing it for a week and then won't touch it once Black Ops 2 comes out.

#137 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

I'll probably end up playing it for a week and then won't touch it once Black Ops 2 comes out.

Vari3ty

I see you don't like to work for your frags.

#138 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I'm quite confident it'll score a 9. 343 has done amazing things with the franchise, both pushing it forward and keeping it's roots. It's well known many people from previous games are still on the team, so it's not like it's not without it's leaders. I'm very excited for a new trilogy and know it'll be the best shooter of the year.

#139 Posted by AdobeArtist (22823 posts) -

Just make this the hype thread.SaltyMeatballs

I will when the OP gets reformatted.

#140 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

Vari3ty
The only good thing about COD is it keeps the noobs away from superior games.
#141 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
I expect a 8.5 here in GS.
#142 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

JohnnyCageMK

The only good thing about COD is it keeps the noobs away from superior games.

True, but the bad thing about it is that other developers will try to get that big audience... :(

Just look at Resident Evil as an example.

#143 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7315 posts) -
I actually think it will score 8.5 on here. I am really looking forward to it though.
#144 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

Anyone else pretty disappointed in the Flood redesign? They look like Resident Evil zombies now, not human body parts repurposed for an alien hivemind.

#145 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Still on the fence. I don't like many of the multiplayer changes.

#146 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

DarkLink77

I find it sad that some people these days only rely on multiplayer without a care about single player.

Just saying.

#147 Posted by GoneRabbid (152 posts) -

AAAA

The First Perfect 10 Game For The Xbox 360

#148 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42634 posts) -
Just make this the hype thread.SaltyMeatballs
Patience, young grasshopper.
#149 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Anyone else pretty disappointed in the Flood redesign? They look like Resident Evil zombies now, not human body parts repurposed for an alien hivemind.

jamejame

It's just for multiplayer. The reason they aren't weirdly designed is to keep the hitboxes the same.

#150 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

GamerwillzPS

I find it sad that some people these days only rely on multiplayer without a care about single player.

Just saying.

I care about the single player, but I don't see them fvcking that up, so I'm not worried about it. The MP, on the other hand...