Official Halo 4 Hype Thread - GS Review 9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -

~Best Viewed on GS Dark Background

Halo4-1.png

Quick 411

• Release Date: November 6, 2012
  • Developer: 343 Industries
  • Publisher: Microsoft
  • Platform: Xbox 360 (Exclusive)
  • Genre: First-Person Shooter

Editions*

Halo4-2.png

Special Edition Console - Available for purchase at these links: Gamestop | Newegg | TigerDirect

Halo-4-consoles_zps5a73c386.png

Gamemodes*

Halo4-3.png

Halo4-4.png

Halo4-5.png

Screens (More found here)

632877_20120926_gum011.jpg632877_20120926_gum001.jpg632877_20120926_gum002.jpg632877_20120926_gum003.jpg632877_20120926_gum004.jpg

Videos - Weapons

Promethean Weaponry | Covenant Weaponry | UNSC Weaponry

Videos - Making Of

Magic of Halo 4 | A Hero Awakens| Return of the Forerunners

halo4-6.png

halo4-7.png

Trailer | Clip - Joyride | Clip - Lecture | EPISODE 1 | EPISODE 2 | EPISODE 3 | EPISODE 4 | EPISODE 5

Hype Trends

hypetrend1.gifhypetrend1_zpsc44a455f.gif

Reviews:

Destructoid - 10
MondoXbox - 10
NZGamer - 10
Joystiq - 5/5 Stars
IGN - 9.8
Polygon- 9.5
OXM - 9.5
Game Informer - 9.3
Gamespot - 9
Halo Council - 9
Eurogamer Italy - 9
MMGN.com - 9
Gamer.No - 9
GamesBeat - 9
G4TV - 4.5/5 Stars
Eurogamer - 8
CVG - 8
Giant Bomb - 4/5 Stars
Kotaku - Play This Game
Penny Arcade - "This isnt Bungies Halo anymore its better"

#2 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34157 posts) -

Alright, so in 41 days I will skip classes and maybe call in sick for work. Good to know.

#3 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -
fantastic, cannot wait for this game. picked up reach again and going to try and hit at least hit "hero rank" before 4 drops. looking at a lot of captains warrant officers online last night, a lot of people are brushing up in anticipation. my collectors edition has been on pre-order since March, within moments of it being announced.
#4 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!
#5 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -
This may turn into a hype thread if no one else makes one. :P
#6 Posted by Wasdie (50001 posts) -

I'm going to grudgingly get it. I won't be happy about it though.

The changes they made... im so skeptical.

#7 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34157 posts) -

Alright, so in 41 days I will skip classes and maybe call in sick for work. Good to know.

#8 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -
Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!kuraimen
fitting that the first butthurt poster in here is the biggest butthurt idiot in SW.
#9 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

Awesome !! :D

Looks like by that date it should be a Win for 360 gamers & Romney / Ryan alike. :twisted:

#10 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -

Cant wait, biggest exclusive of the year :cool:

INB4 Sony Defense Force attempts damage control

#11 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!sts106mat
fitting that the first butthurt poster in here is the biggest butthurt idiot in SW.

I said for folks to remain calm.
#12 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!sts106mat

You seem butthurted by my comment.
#13 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -

DJ-Lafleur
You should work on an excuse now like you have a doctors appointment or something.
#14 Posted by Heil68 (45157 posts) -
It's always nice when a game goes gold.
#15 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
the graphics look like sh!t
#16 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!kuraimen

#17 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

Collector's Edition preordered and ready for release date delivery from Amazon. Can't wait! :D

#18 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -

Collector's Edition preordered and ready for release date delivery from Amazon. Can't wait! :D

The_Game21x
i think ill pass on this game it looks and sounds like sh!t
#19 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!kuraimen

nope, but clearly you are butthurted by just four letters H A L O. no other combination of letters causes so much knicker twisting in you PS3 fanboy cry babies.
#20 Posted by parkurtommo (27228 posts) -
the graphics look like sh!tPinnacleGamingP
Congrats you found the most ridiculously false complaint that you could possibly find!
#21 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

PinnacleGamingP

haha, mr butthurt himself. how many halo 4 threads have you made already ?
#22 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

PinnacleGamingP

#23 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!kuraimen

oh-shit-nigga-umad.jpg

-

Counting the days. Will be awesome. Though I don't expect it to reach AAA here. 8.5'ed I reckon.

#24 Posted by RR360DD (11988 posts) -
Cows, you have 41 days to save for a 360 and XBL subscription.
#25 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Just a few posts in, and butthurt Sony Defense Force is already in full gear! :D

@kuraimen

Have you bought a PS3 yet?

Go for it, they're rather cheap nowdays... ;)

#26 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

If it has a decent campaign, I'll be picking the game up... for Christmas.

#27 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Cows, you have 41 days to save for a 360 and XBL subscription.RR360DD

:lol:

They aren't gonna buy a 360. They are content enough unlike Lems.

#28 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Cows, you have 41 days to save for a 360 and XBL subscription.GamerwillzPS

So you weren't content enough with a PS3 so you're buying Halo 4?
#29 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Cows, you have 41 days to save for a 360 and XBL subscription.GamerwillzPS

So instead of enjoying great games on other consoles cows just keep some weird sense of loyalty to a company that routinely effs them over?
#30 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Cows, you have 41 days to save for a 360 and XBL subscription.Stevo_the_gamer

I'm looking for a good reason to get my 360 out of its dust collecting place.

Yes, I'm justifying my 360 purchase here. I'm desperately looking for games to play on it. Luckily, I own a PS3 and gaming PC.

#31 Posted by Chutebox (37358 posts) -

Meh, hope yall enjoy it though.

#32 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Yes, I'm justifying my 360 purchase here. I'm desperately looking for games to play on it. Luckily, I own a PS3 and gaming PC.

Sure sounds like your PS3 can't keep you content.
#33 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
The fact they could come out over a month early and say, confidently, "we are done" really increases my confidence in the game being outstanding. 41 days is going to just fly by.
#34 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] So you weren't content enough with a PS3 so you're buying Halo 4?Stevo_the_gamer

Sure sounds like your PS3 can't keep you content.

#35 Posted by MonsieurX (30432 posts) -
Will be 20$ for Black Friday
#36 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
november right? going to be a massive month
#37 Posted by Stringerboy (7086 posts) -

Cows will be in meltdown mode come November.

#38 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
Will be 20$ for Black FridayMonsieurX
That would be sweet. AAA title with free weekly DLC for 20 bones is the deal of the year. Thank you Microsoft.
#39 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

The fact they could come out over a month early and say, confidently, "we are done" really increases my confidence in the game being outstanding. 41 days is going to just fly by.Zeviander

Isn't it standard that the game should be done by now? Not sure how this particular case is special.

#40 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Stringerboy

Nah.

Cows have too many decent exclusives to care about this average shooter.

#41 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

can't wait.

#42 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Isn't it standard that the game should be done by now? Not sure how this particular case is special.GD1551
Considering all the games this gen released under the "release now, patch later" philosophy, no, this is quite special.
#43 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

# 1 console shooter, not even debatable.

#44 Posted by clone01 (24833 posts) -
Awww. Kuraimen is sad that he doesn't have a gaming system. Don't worry, you can still look at pictures of it on the library's internet.
#45 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Let the overhypeness begin for the biggest overrated generic franchise in history of gaming!clone01
Awww. Kuraimen is sad that he doesn't have a gaming system. Don't worry, you can still look at pictures of it on the library's internet.

actual TRUE laugh out loud moment. Its funny that its still funny, if you know what I mean.
#46 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -
Will have my special edition coming. Looking forward to Nov 6th
#47 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

GamerwillzPS

Nah.

Cows have too many decent exclusives to care about this average shooter.

Ya they can play through uncharted for the 34th time.
#48 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]Isn't it standard that the game should be done by now? Not sure how this particular case is special.Zeviander
Considering all the games this gen released under the "release now, patch later" philosophy, no, this is quite special.

This isn't all that special for a Halo game. Reach went gold in June '10 and released a little more than three months later.

#49 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
Hell yeah, my most anticipated game this year despite my skepticism with some of multiplayer design. Regardless, day one buy. Currently replaying through Halo 3; if anyone would care to join me, hit me up on XBL.
#50 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]Isn't it standard that the game should be done by now? Not sure how this particular case is special.Zeviander

Err.... I'm not sure I follow what you are referring to, most of the AAA games these days release without hitches, and even still, how do you know they aren't going to patch something?