OFFICIAL GT6 Hype: Gamespot 7.0...'Ya hate to see it : (

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@PannicAtack said:

I played a bit of GT5. I found it very dull. I guess I'm just not into the kind of game? What's the general appeal of them?

The love of probably the most awesome invention man has ever created...Cars.

You gotta love 'em.

Ah. So it's more a car simulator than a racer, then? I guess that makes sense.

I was really annoyed at the lack of collision physics or anything in GT5. That's not part of the genre, then?

#153 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8721 posts) -

@TheEroica:

That's absolutely pathetic by 2013 standards. I'll probably still pick it up eventually, just because it's GT. :P

#154 Edited by clone01 (24658 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

Much as I enjoy hype threads of old, lately I feel like your aim in making these threads is just to make the longest, most overblown thread you possibly can. It doesn't exactly get you hyped.

I mean I admire the sheer time you're willing to put into it, for whatever reason, but the end result kinda fails at its stated purpose because it's just way too much and not organised in any cohesive manner. If you look back on Rikusaki's hype thread for GT5 for example, I think that was one of the better hype threads we ever had on system wars. Treal did a pretty awesome hype thread for Halo Reach, too.

Anyway, just my two cents, no big deal.

Oh, and I saw those threads...Just plain horrible. I imagine what I could've done back then with Gamespot's old system.

Ahh, Johnny Fanboy's

sore that someone called him out as a pompous idiot.

#155 Posted by TheEroica (13419 posts) -

@TheEroica:

That's absolutely pathetic by 2013 standards. I'll probably still pick it up eventually, just because it's GT. :P

agreed... It's made even more pathetic by the fact that almost every other game that has a car in it in any capacity for years now has had damage modeling in it... this is a freakin game ABOUT CARS!!! it's just real weird is all. Anyway, I wouldn't let it stop me either, though the franchise needs a fresh update me thinks....

#156 Edited by Wasdie (49753 posts) -

I saw this coming from a mile away. PD makes a great simulation but they cannot piece together a good game from that. Turn10 is less focused on the simulation and more focused on making a fun video game.

PD needs to get some designers who are willing to look at making the career mode fun. Look at what Turn 10 is doing and try to emulate the pace of the Forza games when it comes to unlocking things and structuring events. The AI also needs a huge rework if it's going to provide a fun experience for players.

A 7 isn't a bad score by any stretch of the imagination but it's sad to see that much attention to detail, the insane level of graphics for a PS3 game, and the mountain of content only get a 7 due to it all coming together to be a very bland experience.

#157 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8721 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@TheEroica:

agreed... It's made even more pathetic by the fact that almost every other game that has a car in it in any capacity for years now has had damage modeling in it... this is a freakin game ABOUT CARS!!! it's just real weird is all. Anyway, I wouldn't let it stop me either, though the franchise needs a fresh update me thinks....

Any word on DriveClub having damage modeling? I'm more excited for that anyways, so hopefully that game isn't ass backwards as well.

#158 Edited by TheEroica (13419 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@TheEroica:

Any word on DriveClub having damage modeling? I'm more excited for that anyways, so hopefully that game isn't ass backwards as well.

Couldn't agree more... Fuck watchdogs, I almost cancelled my preorder over DriveClub. I love the whole community driven concepts in the game. Things like that engage me in a racing game. Im pretty sure, Drive Club will have damage modeling, though im not sure the extent.

#160 Posted by l34052 (3166 posts) -

And yet here we are 15 yrs later and we still have the same crappy engine sounds with no signs of things improving.

I just dont understand how or why PD can go to all the lengths they do to provide a level of realism then completely blow the illusion with sounds that are absolutley nothin like the real car at all.

This has consistently been GT's achilles heal and its appears to still be the case 15 years and 3 generations of consoles later.

#161 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@l34052 said:

And yet here we are 15 yrs later and we still have the same crappy engine sounds with no signs of things improving.

I just dont understand how or why PD can go to all the lengths they do to provide a level of realism then completely blow the illusion with sounds that are absolutley nothin like the real car at all.

This has consistently been GT's achilles heal and its appears to still be the case 15 years and 3 generations of consoles later.

Write a letter, put it in an envelope and then shove it up your mailbox.

#162 Posted by lostrib (35890 posts) -

why would you bump a 2 month old hype thread...

#163 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Because I'm looking for motivation to work on the donkey kong hype thread but I don't really feel like it...

#164 Edited by lostrib (35890 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

Because I'm looking for motivation to work on the donkey kong hype thread but I don't really feel like it...

so you bumped your own thread using your alt to tell yourself how it motivated you to create another hype thread in order to give yourself motivation?

#165 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27552 posts) -

Don't bump old threads.

And FYI if you bandodge again that suspension will be permanent.