Official Far Cry 3 Hype Thread. GS=9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Does any one have high end PC footage? like 1080p - 1600p max settings... IGN's review was hopefully the 360 version as it looked pretty meh.

Kinda hyping Far Cry 3 to be graphics king.

Zensword
Here's a PC footage at 1080p: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=

Looks absolutely incredible; especially considering its open world. But Crysis is still king it seems. I really hoped this would be the one.. :( Ah well, that's one game off the list.. Next up: Watch Dog, Crysis 3, Rome II: Total War, Star Wars 1313, Arma III, Metro Last Light. I some how suspect we might have to cross every one of them off that list ;)
#152 Posted by princeofshapeir (13701 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zensword"][QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Does any one have high end PC footage? like 1080p - 1600p max settings... IGN's review was hopefully the 360 version as it looked pretty meh.

Kinda hyping Far Cry 3 to be graphics king.

Mozelleple112
Here's a PC footage at 1080p: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=

Looks absolutely incredible; especially considering its open world. But Crysis is still king it seems. I really hoped this would be the one.. :(

I cringe everytime someone says Crysis is still graphics king. It isn't.
#153 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="MrYaotubo"] Hardly,in fact it´s one of the most respected ones out there,way more than GS or even IGN these days.

Their credibility is zero. a 10/10 game from IGN or GS is considered AAAA.. on Eurogamer, lol jokes.

Someone is still butthurt that Eurogamer gave Metal Gear Solid 4 an 8/10 :lol:

If we go by every crappy source, then every single game is a AAAA on some site or another.. including black ops 2 or something. only GS/IGN matter anyways. Some one is butt hurt MGS4 got a 10 from every site that counts ;)
#154 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="Zensword"] Here's a PC footage at 1080p: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=

Looks absolutely incredible; especially considering its open world. But Crysis is still king it seems. I really hoped this would be the one.. :(

I cringe every time some one say its not. BF3/ Metro 2033/TW2 look SLIGHTLY better than Crysis vanilla. Crysis with the best mods, blows them all off the water.
#155 Posted by jackfruitchips (1066 posts) -

Jesus a 10 from Eurogamer :o They don't hand out a 10 very often

#157 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"]This is the type of game best played on the pc format. Any word on which console version is best?TheDidact
Graphically: 360 Content-Wise: PS3 (Although I'm not exactly sure what kind of content it's getting)

There hasn't been graphics comparisons yet :| And the PS3 version is getting exclusive DLC.
#158 Posted by princeofshapeir (13701 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Mozelleple112"] Looks absolutely incredible; especially considering its open world. But Crysis is still king it seems. I really hoped this would be the one.. :(

I cringe every time some one say its not. BF3/ Metro 2033/TW2 look SLIGHTLY better than Crysis vanilla. Crysis with the best mods, blows them all off the water.

"Crysis with the best mods" There's your problem. Vanilla Crysis is dated by modern standards. Modded Crysis looks only moderately up to par with some truly new games, but games like Skyrim and GTA IV with ENB looks miles better.
#159 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21516 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="Heirren"]This is the type of game best played on the pc format. Any word on which console version is best?Heirren
Graphically: 360 Content-Wise: PS3 (Although I'm not exactly sure what kind of content it's getting)

Source?

no need for source, 360 version will be better.
#160 Posted by Heirren (16476 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Graphically: 360 Content-Wise: PS3 (Although I'm not exactly sure what kind of content it's getting)

Source?

Whys that?
#161 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Graphically: 360 Content-Wise: PS3 (Although I'm not exactly sure what kind of content it's getting)

Source?

Source: lemming delusions.
#162 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1127 posts) -

Theres a graphics comparison up on youtube,both are the same.

#163 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="Heirren"]This is the type of game best played on the pc format. Any word on which console version is best?kuraimen

There hasn't been graphics comparisons yet :| And the PS3 version is getting exclusive DLC.

360 version is always better. Deal with it.

#164 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

I bet a few of you only are now looking at this game cause of these reviews. This has been a first day buy for me since last year!

#165 Posted by Ballroompirate (22540 posts) -

Far Cry has been on my list of things to watch. I didn't think the reviews would be this high. Hopefully the GS score reflects that.

AmayaPapaya

Knowing GS and their crusade of being crappy reviewers, it's safe to bet Farcry 3 will score low here.

#166 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Graphically: 360 Content-Wise: PS3 (Although I'm not exactly sure what kind of content it's getting)TheGuardian03
Source?

Of course, we do need a source. It is confirmed that PS3 version of Hitman: Absolution is the superior console version.

It is delusional to believe that the 360 get superior multiplats 100% of the time.

#167 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Graphically: 360 Content-Wise: PS3 (Although I'm not exactly sure what kind of content it's getting)JohnnyCageMK

your bad case of cognitive dissonance to justify your purchase =/= fact
#168 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -

I bet a few of you only are now looking at this game cause of these reviews. This has been a first day buy for me since last year!

xOMGITSJASONx
I forgot it even existed till just now.
#169 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] There hasn't been graphics comparisons yet :| And the PS3 version is getting exclusive DLC.kuraimen

I won't have to justify the PS3 much longer. If the value holds up I can trade it to gamestop tomorrow at midnight for $220. Then I'll buy more superior 360 games.

#170 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

JohnnyCageMK

I won't have to justify the PS3 much longer. If the value holds up I can trade it to gamestop tomorrow at midnight for $220. Then I'll buy more superior 360 games.

So this will be the second time you buy a console you hate to then sell it at a loss? You're really not very bright, I guess that explains why you're a lemming.
#171 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21516 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Source?

Whys that?

its an open world game, it will be better on the 360.
#172 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -
gs score: 7.5 so they can get more hits.
#173 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

JohnnyCageMK

Getting rid the PS3 for the second time? Really? Make your goddamn mind up.

#174 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21516 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Source?

Source: lemming delusions.

not a lemming here just conferming the inevitable.
#175 Posted by Liquid_ (2421 posts) -

JohnnyCageMK

Trade it in for more copies of the only 3 xbox exclusives you probably already own, halo 4 would make a better door stop than a game

#176 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

Wow, I wasn't expecting these scores.

I'm actually pretty hyped now.

#177 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -

JohnnyCageMK

But don't you already own all of the 360s 4 good games?
#178 Posted by Liquid_ (2421 posts) -

platniumgamer

You let scores control your hype?

#179 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

JohnnyCageMK

Holy sh*t, Johnny got banned? :o

#180 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Liquid_

Sure, why not?

#181 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Whoa, JohnnyCageMK is banned. :shock:

#182 Posted by Liquid_ (2421 posts) -

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

platniumgamer

Sure, why not?

I prefer forming my own opinion

#183 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
:(
#184 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
From "CVG review "Stunning shooter could be the year's best game" "It's an epic tropical playground, exhiraratingly open from the off" "Far Cry 3 remains one of this year's best games; an experience you have to sink your (bloody) teeth into."
#185 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21516 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

he already got banned and for some reason gs gave him a second chance, maybe they will let him back again?

or we will see an alt.

for now though.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97sbtcX4r1qi6elk.gif

#186 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

Liquid_

Sure, why not?

Good for you, Liquid.

#187 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
About fvcking time
#188 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
You're surprised that one of SWs top 5 dumbest trolls in history got banned? :shock:
#189 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

TheGuardian03

he already got banned and for some reason gs gave him a second chance, maybe they will let him back again?

or we will see an alt.

for now though.

I wonder what he's done to get himself caged. Sorry, I love making fun of his username by using the word "cage". :lol:

I never celebrate when a user gets banned. They actually made this place more interesting and brought some laughter. That legend, ispeakfact, should get unbanned. I loved seeing his funny pictures and posts.

Banning users like this is basically like this:-

No_Fun_Allowed.jpg

#190 Posted by Liquid_ (2421 posts) -

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]Sure, why not?

platniumgamer

Good for you, Liquid.

And I also impulsivley become disgusted with people who don't.

#191 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21516 posts) -

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/treyofthedead/landsharks-1.jpg

lol awesome.

#192 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Hmm. Stellar, 9/10 reviews pretty much everywhere? GS 7.5 confirmed. Also, johnnycagemk got banned...?:lol: bout time.

#193 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21516 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

or we will see an alt.

for now though.

I wonder what he's done to get himself caged. Sorry, I love making fun of his username by using the word "cage". :lol:

I never celebrate when a user gets banned. They actually made this place more interesting and brought some laughter. That legend, ispeakfact, should get unbanned. I loved seeing his funny pictures and posts.

No_Fun_Allowed.jpg

but when someone keeps repeating the same shyt like johnny they should be banned, he was a bad troll and i hope he sees my post.
#194 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

I'll post this once last time in memory of Johnny

0e954963b0.f.gif

#195 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

Liquid_

Good for you, Liquid.

And I also impulsivley become disgusted with people who don't.

:|

#196 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

or we will see an alt.

for now though.

TheGuardian03

No_Fun_Allowed.jpg

but when someone keeps repeating the same shyt like johnny they should be banned, he was a bad troll and i hope he sees my post.

Fair enough, but yeah, I agree that he rarely used logic and contributed anything to the conversation.

I know I do that style sometimes depending on my mood, but not always. :P

#197 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

Banning one of the more likable trolls and leaving some of the most annoying ones intact? "smh" ...Poor Johnny. This gives me that MKA beginning feeling all over again. ) =

#198 Posted by princeofshapeir (13701 posts) -

Banning one of the more likable trolls and leaving some of the most annoying ones intact? "smh" ...Poor Johnny. This gives me that MKA beginning feeling all over again. ) =

TecmoGirl
Ban loosingENDS and all the Cows. System Wars is saved.
#199 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Wow wtf that was unexpected.
#200 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -

TecmoGirl
Yeah there are worse trolls than him. And awesome sig. :)