Official Far Cry 3 Hype Thread. GS=9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1101 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

As requested here are some pictures...

*pics*

Just a few. I have more.

Rocker6

Nice, it's not often to have a game that beats Crysis visuals at a first glance! :)

Also, how do you shrink 1920x1080 pics to fit the allowed GS image size?

I hope you mean literally at first glance. I love Far Cry 3's visuals because on high end rigs it's super silky smooth open world stuff, but that's because it's not harbouring cutting edge graphics tech. I just booted up Crysis: Warhead to see if I had my rose tinted glasses off, but no, Warhead even looks better than Far Cry 3 at enthusiast settings. And it doesn't even have haphazard implementations of effects such as ambient occlusion, which looks mud in Far Cry 3. On a side note, don't think I ever tried Warhead or Crysis 2 with the PC's new GTX 670. Just witnessed the revelation that was Warhead at 50-60 frames. :shock:
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1102 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I really hate how my FPS drop to nothing when there are bodies in the area. 50-60......kill people....boom 20-30.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1103 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the AA in this game is total garbage. I disabled it and ran my AA through Nvidia control panel and the performance gain was astronomical. 70-80 FPS x8 compared to x4 in game where i was barely getting 50FPS.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1104 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the AA in this game is total garbage. I disabled it and ran my AA through Nvidia control panel and the performance gain was astronomical. 70-80 FPS x8 compared to x4 in game where i was barely getting 50FPS.

Fizzman

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind when I get the game, thanks for this info.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1105 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The Beauty of Far Cry 3 - Part 2

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1106 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Goddamn this game's amazing. Holy cow. I just finished the burning crops mission. Best music ever, exploding barrels like crazy, entire buildings on fire, pirates going crazy and freaking out, all the while during a massive gunfight. Damn! And I thought the mission with E was awesome. I love the way FC3 models fire and how it spreads. This is probably the best open world game I've ever played aside from a few issues and bugs that will hopefully be patched soon. I can't praise it enough and I haven't even gotten to the 2nd island yet. And while exploring is a lot of fun, I'm finding the story missions to be much more enjoyable. On a side note, what's the best way to defeat an armored pirate? Even 3-4 shotgun blasts up close doesn't kill them, neither does sniping them in the head. And am I close to getting that particular suit? Wow.....just, wow. Ballroompirate

That part was awesome lol, loved the music and the dialogue Jason was saying during that mission. As for armored pirates, Molotov's are your friends.

My best friends!:D Now I always make sure to take a few into a fight, though I did end up taking one down with two grenades.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1107 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Goddamn this game's amazing. Holy cow. I just finished the burning crops mission. Best music ever, exploding barrels like crazy, entire buildings on fire, pirates going crazy and freaking out, all the while during a massive gunfight. Damn! And I thought the mission with E was awesome. I love the way FC3 models fire and how it spreads. This is probably the best open world game I've ever played aside from a few issues and bugs that will hopefully be patched soon. I can't praise it enough and I haven't even gotten to the 2nd island yet. And while exploring is a lot of fun, I'm finding the story missions to be much more enjoyable. On a side note, what's the best way to defeat an armored pirate? Even 3-4 shotgun blasts up close doesn't kill them, neither does sniping them in the head. And am I close to getting that particular suit? Wow.....just, wow. Plagueless
During that I was thinking to myself........Any stoner who plays this game is going to cry at this part. :P

I shed a tear. :cry:

During the end of the mission I thought there was a graphical glitch as my screen began to sway back and forth, until it occured to me that Jason just had his share of second hand smoke. :lol: That just became one of my all time favorite gaming moments.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1108 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Fizzman

Im starting to think the in-game MSAA is just poorly optimized at x4 and beyond. I'm playing it on an old laptop, but I've also tried it on my roommate's system, which is good enough to go ultra settings 1080p, and maintain 50+, with infrequent lows of like 45, and on both of our systems, I noticed there's almost no performance hit between MSAA=off, and 2x, and then a huge performance hit going up from 2x to 4x.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1109 MirkoS77

I'm wondering if I'm somewhat near the end:

[spoiler]

I just reached Vaas' compound after banging that tribe chick and shooting arrows into Diablo's head. I'm now tryint to kill Vaas. I've not yet even begun to explore the lower left half of the map, is it open from the beginning or will it open up after this mission? I've been playing for so long and from the missions it feels like the end is near but all that area is unexplored and I can't reach it with a boat as it gives me the "out of bounds" message. When do I get there?

[/spoiler]

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1110 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Everyone does, and you had to use user created graphics for a 2007 game to compete with a 2012 one, that's hilarious, that means Crysis can't stand on it's own graphics because it knows it'll get owned in many places with vanilla settings.:lol:

the_bi99man

No, everyone doesn't. Those aren't user created graphics, all it is is an edited config file.

There is a whole lot more than an edited config file going on in that video. That's new textures, new shaders, filters, and more. I know. I've used the exact same mod myself. Ran like sh!t on my laptop, but that was to be expected.

also, that's not even anywhere near as good as Crysis 1 CAN look. Waaaaay too much bloom and motion blur.

No, it's just an edited config file and it runs just fine on my PC. Sucks to be you I guess.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1111 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Everyone does, and you had to use user created graphics for a 2007 game to compete with a 2012 one, that's hilarious, that means Crysis can't stand on it's own graphics because it knows it'll get owned in many places with vanilla settings.:lol:

mitu123

No, everyone doesn't. Those aren't user created graphics, all it is is an edited config file. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Keep typing "lol", chick.

You're such a fail: The video you linked mentioned only mods, uses many new graphical assets that can't be just for the config and the link in the description suggests it can only be used on that map to get graphics like that since that map isn't even in the game from launch.:lol:

At least I can tell my photo-realistic Crysis looks a far cry (pun intended) better than crayola drawn far cry 3. I'll still play far cry 3, but lets not get delusional here. Guess your PC blows chunks and is a failure of a rig.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1112 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[spoiler]

I just reached Vaas' compound after banging that tribe chick and shooting arrows into Diablo's head. I'm now tryint to kill Vaas. I've not yet even begun to explore the lower left half of the map, is it open from the beginning or will it open up after this mission? I've been playing for so long and from the missions it feels like the end is near but all that area is unexplored and I can't reach it with a boat as it gives me the "out of bounds" message. When do I get there?

[/spoiler]

MirkoS77

You're like maybe half way there

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1113 the_bi99man

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

MirkoS77

no real spoilers for further than you are, just spoilers for people who aren't where you are yet.

[spoiler] Based on the number of main story missions, you're like 3/4 of the way done, but the you're gonna open up the second island real soon, and the missions after that get a good bit harder, and take longer. makes it feel more like halfway, or just a little more than halfway. [/spoiler]

Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1114 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts

Fizzman

I told you :P

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1115 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

My GOTY by far

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1116 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

No, everyone doesn't. Those aren't user created graphics, all it is is an edited config file. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Keep typing "lol", chick.

percuvius2

You're such a fail: The video you linked mentioned only mods, uses many new graphical assets that can't be just for the config and the link in the description suggests it can only be used on that map to get graphics like that since that map isn't even in the game from launch.:lol:

At least I can tell my photo-realistic Crysis looks a far cry (pun intended) better than crayola drawn far cry 3. I'll still play far cry 3, but lets not get delusional here. Guess your PC blows chunks and is a failure of a rig.

How does my PC suck when we have the exact same cpu and I have a better gpu?:?

tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1117 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

MirkoS77

Why don't you play the game and find out?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1118 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

tccavey2

Because I don't want the credits to roll when I haven't fully explored the map yet and unable to get to the other island for a reason that I may be overlooking. Obvious.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1119 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

[QUOTE="tccavey2"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

MirkoS77

Because I don't want the credits to roll when I haven't fully explored the map yet and unable to get to the other island for a reason that I may be overlooking. Obvious.

You're not to the end yet. There's a whole other island to explore. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1120 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="tccavey2"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

MirkoS77

You can free roam after the end of the story anyway to finish off any radio masts or bandit camps

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1121 MirkoS77

You can free roam after the end of the story anyway to finish off any radio masts or bandit camps

seanmcloughlin

Nice.

Do you know of a way to disable the motion blur? It adds nothing to the game and is pretty bad when using the suit.

Ra9chelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1122 Ra9chelle
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
First reviews are in.Great scores so far:
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1123 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
God, I wish this game had more. I beat it already and got all the outposts but I want MOAR!! Im gonna have to start a new game next week hopefully. Maybe Ill check out the Co-Op. anyone try it? Any good?
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1124 the_bi99man

God, I wish this game had more. I beat it already and got all the outposts but I want MOAR!! Im gonna have to start a new game next week hopefully. Maybe Ill check out the Co-Op. anyone try it? Any good?mems_1224

Yeah, I want this game to never end. I'm not quite done with it yet, but I will be after another couple hours of playing. Probably the first time I've every really WANTED a game to get a bunch of DLC. Which is funny, because there's already more content than a lot of games that end up getting huge piles of DLC. It just soooo good. I want more, and more, and more, AND MORE!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1125 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

MirkoS77

Nice.

Do you know of a way to disable the motion blur? It adds nothing to the game and is pretty bad when using the suit.

Are you PC? The motion blur is attached to the post FX as far as I know, there are some good tweaks online for disabling things but I never tried them

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1126 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

And so the last hype thread of the year dies...

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1127 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
I need this game. Seems like critical acclaim is around the 9.0 mark, but users seem to think its more like a 9.5-10. I want it if for nothing else than to drool at the eye candy on PC. The game really does sound fantastic though by the way people describe it.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1129 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Nice.

Are you PC? The motion blur is attached to the post FX as far as I know, there are some good tweaks online for disabling things but I never tried them

Yea I'm playing it on PC. It's not just the motion blur, sometimes there'll be big black triangles that appear on the hills below. My drivers are up to date though so I don't know what the problem is. Does Nvidia have specific Farcry 3 drivers?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1130 MirkoS77

I need this game. Seems like critical acclaim is around the 9.0 mark, but users seem to think its more like a 9.5-10. I want it if for nothing else than to drool at the eye candy on PC. The game really does sound fantastic though by the way people describe it.lockjaw333

If this game does not deserve a 9.5 or 10, then I don't know what does. It is SO damn GOOD.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1132 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Got this game recently, was hesitating because of how much i hated FC2 and...

I'm very impressed, everything seems better than it was in FC2, playing through the story first and taking care of post-game content after.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1133 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

Nice.

MirkoS77

Yea I'm playing it on PC. It's not just the motion blur, sometimes there'll be big black triangles that appear on the hills below. My drivers are up to date though so I don't know what the problem is. Does Nvidia have specific Farcry 3 drivers?

The black triangle thing is a shadow glitch, I think. Do you ever get it where the weird black boxy looking artifact is just on the road ahead of you, and seems to be moving with you, staying the same distance ahead? I get that every now and again, playing on low settings on my laptop, with an ATI (yes, it's that old) card, and my roommate gets it sometimes, too, playing maxed out, with an nvidia card. I think it's just a bug, which will hopefully go away with future patches.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1134 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

the_bi99man

The black triangle thing is a shadow glitch, I think. Do you ever get it where the weird black boxy looking artifact is just on the road ahead of you, and seems to be moving with you, staying the same distance ahead? I get that every now and again, playing on low settings on my laptop, with an ATI (yes, it's that old) card, and my roommate gets it sometimes, too, playing maxed out, with an nvidia card. I think it's just a bug, which will hopefully go away with future patches.

Good to know you're having it too, I thought my card or system might be the problem. Driving's fine, it's only when flying with the suit that it occurs.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1135 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

MirkoS77

Good to know you're having it too, I thought my card or system might be the problem. Driving's fine, it's only when flying with the suit that it occurs.

Hmm. Does it sound like it's the same thing, though? Does it move with you, staying the same distance ahead of you, like that?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1136 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

Hmm. Does it sound like it's the same thing, though? Does it move with you, staying the same distance ahead of you, like that?

Yea, same thing except not on the roads. Just while flying (not the glider though).

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1137 MirkoS77

Do I need to install each patch, or can I just jump right to 1.03?