Official Far Cry 3 Hype Thread. GS=9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
AA I believe, 8.5 to be exact.
#52 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
FC3 has gone gold. Watch the Far Cry Experience: Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avmQTr5Kr3A Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-XmsMZvi8A&feature=player_embedded
#53 Posted by organic_machine (9699 posts) -

The game doesn't look as edgy and experimental as I would have wanted.

Having said that, it still looks infinitely better and more creative than any other FPS that a big publisher is pushing out. So I cannot wait to get my hands on this game. I really liked some of the demonstrations of the game so far. And I like the bat sh*t crazy villian. I am eager to see where they go with him and the rest of the characters. Do I think it will be as good as Far Cry 1? No. Do I think it will be more consistent with its quality? Yes.

Still debating whether this is a day one buy for me. :P

#54 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -

Having said that, it still looks infinitely better and more creative than any other FPS that a big publisher is pushing out. So I cannot wait to get my hands on this game. I really liked some of the demonstrations of the game so far. And I like the bat sh*t crazy villian. I am eager to see where they go with him and the rest of the characters. Do I think it will be as good as Far Cry 1? No. Do I think it will be more consistent with its quality? Yes.

organic_machine
IMO it's better than FC1 :)
#55 Posted by organic_machine (9699 posts) -

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

Zensword

IMO it's better than FC1 :)

It would have to do a lot to beat FC 1 for me personally.

#56 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

I'm definitely hyped. PC version is the one I'm going to get.

Everything in Far Cry 3 looks...

sogoodo.gif

#57 Posted by free_milk (3903 posts) -

Im expecting a 10 but it will get a 9.5 for unnessary nudity

#58 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
30 mn gameplay (with dev comments in French) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBlkdDDVgvg&feature=g-logo-xit
#60 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zensword"]30 mn gameplay (with dev comments in French) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBlkdDDVgvg&feature=g-logo-xitSNIPER4321
Not impressed at all

Much better than that generic, linear corridor post apocaliptic FPS :P
#61 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Let's see if ubisoft can make a decent game sts106mat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV_tqjZL9ygbZUWZsLB9O

:lol:

Why do you always do this to him?

#62 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zensword"]30 mn gameplay (with dev comments in French) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBlkdDDVgvg&feature=g-logo-xitSNIPER4321
Not impressed at all

Oh man. It seems that you hate everything. :lol:

#63 Posted by CKYguy25 (2087 posts) -

its about time PS3 gets exclusive DLC

#64 Posted by psn8214 (14929 posts) -

30 mn gameplay (with dev comments in French) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBlkdDDVgvg&feature=g-logo-xitZensword

The animations look bloody incredible. Can't wait to play this.

#65 Posted by sukraj (23975 posts) -

We're edging closer to release especially if u live in Europe and the UK.

#66 Posted by TheEroica (14469 posts) -

this game has looked insanely fun and rich with things to do since it was first announced... fingers crossed that its as amazing as it looks

#67 Posted by TheEroica (14469 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Let's see if ubisoft can make a decent game GamerwillzPS

Are you serious?
#68 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

TheEroica

Are you serious?

Yes, very very very very very very very serious.

#69 Posted by sts106mat (20419 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Are you serious?

the story is this:- for months, he had a sig (not that picture) which said "this thread just got the majormayored". as you know, when you read his posts, they are usually as down right ridiculous and stupid as anyone can probably imagine, example (PS3 version of skyrim is the definitive version) stuff like that. you would see his comment and sig and just think "oh FFS".

now he has removed that sig, but carries on with his dumb comments, I think stevo-the-gamer made the picture, but i like to post it everytime mayor posts something dumb (which is a lot).

if he says something sensible, i dont post it, nor do i post it more than once in each thread (unless i made a mistake maybe once or twice).

#70 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Are you serious? sts106mat

the story is this:- for months, he had a sig (not that picture) which said "this thread just got the majormayored". as you know, when you read his posts, they are usually as down right ridiculous and stupid as anyone can probably imagine, example (PS3 version of skyrim is the definitive version) stuff like that. you would see his comment and sig and just think "oh FFS".

now he has removed that sig, but carries on with his dumb comments, I think stevo-the-gamer made the picture, but i like to post it everytime mayor posts something dumb (which is a lot).

if he says something sensible, i dont post it, nor do i post it more than once in each thread (unless i made a mistake maybe once or twice).

Ah, I see.

And yeah, saying that PS3 version of Skyrim is superior is downright ridiculous. The fact goes like this, PC > 360 > PS3.

#71 Posted by jackfruitchips (1058 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zensword"]30 mn gameplay (with dev comments in French) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBlkdDDVgvg&feature=g-logo-xitpsn8214

The animations look bloody incredible. Can't wait to play this.

Yep animations are great.
#72 Posted by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

best on PC

#73 Posted by Cloud567kar (2656 posts) -

#74 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
Game Informer video preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kf5HTp-WoE&feature=player_embedded
#75 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
New gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=1m12s
#76 Posted by psn8214 (14929 posts) -

New gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=1m12sZensword

Words cannot express how excited I am for this game. I may have been the only person in the world that loved Far Cry 2 (played it three times - somewhat embarrassed to admit that =P) and this game just looks like all the good parts from that plus so much more. So pumped.

#77 Posted by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

seems not bad. well see.

#78 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18418 posts) -
I'm getting it day 1.. looks sweet.
#79 Posted by psn8214 (14929 posts) -

I'm getting it day 1...Rattlesnake_8

Samez. I think I'm gonna preorder it when I can scrape the cash together.

#80 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zensword"]New gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=1m12spsn8214

Words cannot express how excited I am for this game. I may have been the only person in the world that loved Far Cry 2 (played it three times - somewhat embarrassed to admit that =P) and this game just looks like all the good parts from that plus so much more. So pumped.

No you're not alone. I've played through FC2 4 times lol. This game looks better than FC2 in every respects, every flaws of FC2 is "fixed" that's why I'm hyped it AAA.
#81 Posted by ferret-gamer (17380 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zensword"]New gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=1m12s

PC version looks pretty nice
#82 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

So, any footage out there that is without a doubt console gameplay footage? Cause man, some of these videos you guys are posting look great.

I have a PC that will be able to run it just fine, but I'm leaning on getting it for 360 for co-op reasons.

#83 Posted by ferret-gamer (17380 posts) -

So, any footage out there that is without a doubt console gameplay footage? Cause man, some of these videos you guys are posting look great.

I have a PC that will be able to run it just fine, but I'm leaning on getting it for 360 for co-op reasons.

TreyoftheDead
There was some 1080p pc footage on the last page.
#84 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

ferret-gamer

I have no doubt the PC footage looks great, but I'm curious to see confirmed console footage to see how it compares.

#85 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

TreyoftheDead

I have no doubt the PC footage looks great, but I'm curious to see confirmed console footage to see how it compares.

PS3 footage
#86 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
The FC Experience Episode 3
#87 Posted by SPBoss (3689 posts) -
I have a bad feeling, i feel it is the same hype for far cry 2. It looks like its a polished version of Far Cry 2... meaning it will get boring and repetitive after a while (talking about single player)
#88 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

IGN Review, 9.0

#89 Posted by Sphire (2074 posts) -

Eurogamer

Eurogamer 10/10 review

Nowgamer

Nowgamer 9/10 review

#90 Posted by Blabadon (28457 posts) -
Might want to write "Keep it here!" in the title so we don't get countless threads on the IGN and other reviews.
#91 Posted by Sushiglutton (5532 posts) -
Boom shooter of the year :D! Didn't expect that.
#92 Posted by Blabadon (28457 posts) -
I'm loving all these games this year that deal with violence and its mental and psychological consequences. Starting with Spec Ops, I hope I can play them all. Also, I'm usually a nut for playing series in order, but I think I can comfortably skip FC1 and 2 (not that they aren't great games, I just don't know how well 1 has aged and I don't really want to waste my time with 2 if it's as bad as some people say) and just go into 3.
#93 Posted by MrJack3690 (2227 posts) -

Actually really excited to see how this turns out, Looks like fun, I may pick it up.

#94 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

Has Ubisoft announced what the PS3 exclusive content is yet?

#96 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

wow...totally did not expect such high scores

#98 Posted by Blabadon (28457 posts) -
I have not played the game but will continue to force my rancid opinion on it down other people's throatsSNIPER4321
yep
#99 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

lol,looks like Halo 4 is screwed for best FPS of 2012 XD

#100 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

I see GS 7.5ing it.